Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Please vote for your May BAD Winner. Voting is now open! Voting closes on 28th May.
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Comments and Questions
Today at 2:16 am by caravirt

» Need some advise on walls/wallpaper/paint/murals
Today at 1:52 am by caravirt

» Family Time
Today at 1:10 am by Broomhilda61

» Are We There Yet?
Today at 1:01 am by Lorry

» Build It...
Today at 1:00 am by caravirt

» Black and White Living questions and chat.
Today at 12:54 am by Chicklet45368

» anneke my Sims2
Today at 12:32 am by Broomhilda61

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated May 23, 2017
Yesterday at 10:57 pm by Chicklet45368

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 25/5 2017"
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Chicklet45368

» Need help with making pictures with frames
Yesterday at 10:09 pm by Broomhilda61

» Star a forum! Just for you.
Yesterday at 9:05 pm by Broomhilda61

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Yesterday at 8:58 pm by Broomhilda61

» Funny Things That Happened In Your Games?
Yesterday at 8:09 pm by poppy100

» Hello there!
Yesterday at 7:14 pm by poppy100

» the coffee corner time
Yesterday at 3:56 pm by anidup

Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

Decorator or player?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sarah83

PostSarah83 on Thu May 19, 2016 3:45 am

I decorate 99% of the time, my homes are nearly always unplayable for my simmies. For me, my daughter takes up so much of my time, that I'd rather spend what little spare time I have on decorating since I can't do much of that in real life.
chelsialy

Postchelsialy on Sun May 22, 2016 9:10 am

I am more of a player. I mainly play the Sims 2, though, sometimes the Sims 3.
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:47 pm

I'm a Sims2 game player and a download collector.  It seems
my main problem with the game is the limited among of houses
I can upload.

I want them all.
Easter01

thlol
mirissa777

Postmirissa777 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:22 am

Decorator all the way. I don't think I've actually played since 2009, but I will never get enough of this game.
songib67

Postsongib67 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:43 pm

I love building and decorating. Very seldom play the game but, when I do I love it!!
LilSister

PostLilSister on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 pm

I am a player 100% - I love the game. I enjoy the interactions of the Sims and seeing how their personalities evolve over time. I also like decorating and each of my Sims homes reflect their styles and personalities. I build all of my house and lots - nothing fancy as the house/lot has to be playable and have easy movement. I don't play large lots nothing over 2x3 with the exception of a beach lot. Most of the homes are 2x2 - the rooms may be small but it works for me.
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:52 pm

LilSister,

I'm a Sims 2 game player.  I love playing the smaller lots because who wants to
wear roller skates to go from the kitchen to the dining room (so to speak).

I usually like the 3x3 lots because of the vegetable/flower gardens.  Each and every
lot in my hood has a garden, even Cassandra Goth.  However, my houses are, for
the most part, med size/small and cozy.

Maybe, that why I love the game.  I can tailor it to my likes.
Easter01

Easter01's The Father Michael's Saga can be found: Here

Easter01's Short Stories can be found: Here

poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postpoppy100 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:59 pm

I am both
Sometimes I just want to play the game
and then again I'm just decorating rooms
because I find it both fun to do both with Sims3 and sims2
but I now only Sims3 on my laptop :easter3:

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
LilSister

PostLilSister on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:03 am

Easter, you'd be surprise how much a 2x2 lot can contain. My neighorhood Redwood Cove is a self-sustaining neighborhood - not all of the homes have gardens. When I started the neighorhood I had only 3 Sims and they lived off their garden and from fishing. My neighborhood is now thriving with businesses run by the first and second generation Sims. The third generation are eating crops grown by their grandparents or parents who like to garden or the have the option of shopping at the farmers market. There is a family owned farmer's market that sells fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, chicken, eggs, honey, and home made baked goods. I use a lot of seasonal garden items from Plumb Bob Keep. I also couldn't live without Boiling Oils more realistic yields mod for garden crops and trees along with his lower prices for fish mod. I am able to keep the farmers market stocked with a small amount of space. I do have some produce planted at the farmers market too, but only a small area which is more for the aesthic than for the produce itself. Not all of my Sims like to garden so now as the fourth generation is being born and coming of age I don't force to if they don't have the desire. I agree the best part of playing the Sims is that you can tailor the game to suit your own style.

Poppy, I go through building and decorating phases too. Sometimes I get a flash of inspiration and I'm able to build and decorate a lot the way I see it in my mind. Other times it takes me a minute. I recently had to move a family because they just welcomed a baby boy and they were living in a two bedroom home and their daughter although very sweet would take kindly to having her privacy infringed upon by this new person who has invaded her home:laughloud: It took me several attempts to their new home, but I think I finally got it right so it suits them. I never decorate all at once - it's a gradual process. I'm now looking for ideas to create them an outdoor oasis - I was inspired by the contest going on here.
candyhouse

Postcandyhouse on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:22 pm

I used to be an avid SIMS2 player all the way up to Apartment Life .... then I joined a forum and
was inspired by all the decorating and all the wonderful objects that were created.

I go back to playing occasionally .... then something just leads me back to decorating again.

I still have all my saved games and all my SIMS .... maybe I'll try playing again.... maybe this time I'll
try a self sustaining neighborhood like LilSister .... sounds incredible!

:flowersmilie:
poppy100
Forum Champion

Postpoppy100 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:29 pm

LilSister ...... yes sssssss do it,
it's so fun to make, and it will give you much idea
A.U.B LilSister also shows you Oasis ... I'm so curious and I think everyone
and, Simmen remains always fun.. grouphug :2hearts:

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
songib67

Postsongib67 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:00 pm

Poppy, I love the way your play your game. I may have to try it... I usually keep my Sims at one age as I hate to see them age and die.
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:35 am

I do little of actual playing. This is what I do: I come up with a Sim or a Sim couple, sometimes a family of 2 or 3 (usually I don't do more then 3 people, but I have been known to do 1 Sim and as many pets as possible)... and I give them a story. I make up a background for them and a profession (even if it's not an actual Sims profession) and spend time finding the perfect name for them. Then I move them into a lot and build their home based off what the Sim and their personalities are like. I'll spend forever building and decorating a house. I'll play sometimes if I haven't grown bored of the lot. :summerB10:

Lorry

PostLorry on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:18 pm

I love playing and building equally, decorating takes too much thought.

[/font">[/size][/size]
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:24 pm

I love playing my Sims..if you have seen my houses and my decorating skills shame then you know I would rather play.. thlol

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:48 pm

Sam! Your houses are lovely! danceG
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:00 pm

Thank you tilly feeldaluv

You know when I decorate I tend to do it for myself and my Sims I don't even think about what I am doing and me and my Sims like our homes flirty ..but those contests make you think shame on what you are doing..and I really don't know how to decorate that way.. shame

We really need a smilie with a bag over their head thlol

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Augiedoggy

PostAugiedoggy on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:05 pm

I play 5 out of 7 days a week. My kids tease me all the time but they know how much I enjoy it.
StephSim

PostStephSim on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Hmmmm....For me, it all depends on my mood. :lilflowers:

I just went through a "recoloring and sharing" phase. But, that has fallen along the wayside, as I'm craving and just getting back into building. Normally, I build for others, but right now...I'm being a bit "selfish", as I prepare to create a small personal modern hood to play in for a while and simply enjoy the game.  

I like sharing things I create with others, especially for those who like to play without having to fuss over creating Sim-friendly functional spaces.  I try to be flexible about most Sim things. I love lots with or without CC. I love playing on lots of all sizes for different purposes, at different times. I love both functionality and form, and try to create lots that take things into consideration as ease of use for Sims to have food, relaxation, fun and necessities at hand no matter where they are on a lot or the size. I try to fill my spaces with activities for the Simmies to do, in addition to the atmospher being aesthetically pleasing.

While I like decorating, I'd say I'm more of a builder foremost, a recolorist second and a player only on occasion.

And speaking of building...I'm off-line for 3 days (until the new Treasure Hunt starts)...as I want to finish up my Paradise Found gifts, Sci-Fi Risa and afterwards my first official stephanian modern hood will be born.  The ideas are looming! saying goodbye
maridian

Postmaridian on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:53 am

decorator
keny1912

Postkeny1912 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:16 pm

Good question! Seems like I am always downloading something new for the game. I love to build and will spends hours creating a new place. Then comes the decorating, which again takes a while. I do play the game and have some favorite families, but I do spend more time building and decorating.
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:51 am

Thanks for sharing, Keny! Its always interesting to see how other people play their games.  :snoopycool:

Julietta

PostJulietta on Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:10 pm

Perhaps, I am more decorator.
I like to make screenshots with my favorite characters in Sims 2, create their style and building interiors. I play rarely. More time is spent on the creation of the characters and their houses, their stories and screenshots.
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Definitely build and decorate!

My sims never do what I would like them to do - always wanting to watch tv, lol!

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:08 am

I don't think I would ever play if I didn't use cheats. Its just so boring for me to spend all day every day tending to their needs and then there's the wants too. 

I'm getting into pose boxes recently, so when I get my monitor updated, I'd like to practice my screen shots and post more photos.

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum