Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Please vote for your May BAD Winner. Voting is now open! Voting closes on 28th May.
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Comments and Questions
Today at 2:16 am by caravirt

» Need some advise on walls/wallpaper/paint/murals
Today at 1:52 am by caravirt

» Family Time
Today at 1:10 am by Broomhilda61

» Are We There Yet?
Today at 1:01 am by Lorry

» Build It...
Today at 1:00 am by caravirt

» Black and White Living questions and chat.
Today at 12:54 am by Chicklet45368

» anneke my Sims2
Today at 12:32 am by Broomhilda61

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated May 23, 2017
Yesterday at 10:57 pm by Chicklet45368

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 25/5 2017"
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Chicklet45368

» Need help with making pictures with frames
Yesterday at 10:09 pm by Broomhilda61

» Star a forum! Just for you.
Yesterday at 9:05 pm by Broomhilda61

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Yesterday at 8:58 pm by Broomhilda61

» Funny Things That Happened In Your Games?
Yesterday at 8:09 pm by poppy100

» Hello there!
Yesterday at 7:14 pm by poppy100

» the coffee corner time
Yesterday at 3:56 pm by anidup

Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

For All The CC Downaholics

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pinkish_Petals

PostPinkish_Petals on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:40 am

Yes I am a CC downloadaholic!

My husband asked if sims players ever actually play the game and my reply was this:

"we don't get much time to play because we spend all our time looking for goodies to download and add to our games so it is more fun to play"

He just went like this bored
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:58 am

So true!!

Usually when I am done with such a download spree, I am so tired that I do not even get to upload it in my game. At least that was when I was still playing and creating for sims2.
Now, with sims4, I do not really download a lot, since I am trying to get the hang of meshing.

But, my husband doesn't understand my addiction to the game either.
Pinkish_Petals

PostPinkish_Petals on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:00 am

I didnt have much for Sims 4 as there wasnt much around at the time, but now there is lots of lovely things being made. He bought me a 3TB external so I can back up this time :soinlove: the size makes me wonder just how much he thinks I will accumulate!
Samethana

PostSamethana on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:32 am

I've accumulated 7Gb's of custom content over the years (TS2), it used to be a lotttt more, but as the cc improved, I've become pickier. Now, with all of the wonderful conversions coming out, it's gotten a bit out of hand again.
I don't actually just download, I have a system in my game, so I can find stuff easier. So, I edit most stuff in Simpe, recategorise, sometimes adjust prices if their ridiculously high or low... and then I rename the files so I can find them easier.
A lot of time goes into my downloading coffeetime I think it's all worth it in the end though. When I'm playing and I need like a pillow, I know exactly where to find it and I don't have to endlessly scroll through miscellaneous decorations. My kids think I'm nuts though laughloud
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:28 pm

That sounds really good, I get so fed up looking for something in game, I often give up and end up recolouring something myself! I had too much cc as it made my game lag. I still have too much cc and think I need a clear out. There is so much lovely stuff, especially with conversions (im addicted to those) I need to start again. I quite like starting out fresh though.
My husband thinks I'm nuts too, he gets a bit fed up sometimes, lol
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Pinkish_Petals,

I so understand.  I'm a treasure hunter too with a hugh extended drive.

Keep an eye on The Blossom Trail section in the forum.  I will be posting
an Oldies update this week with active links.

Easter01
:leafing:

Easter01's The Father Michael's Saga can be found: Here

Easter01's Short Stories can be found: Here

dragonskitty

Postdragonskitty on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:25 am

I was telling my fiance a few weeks ago that I downloaded so much that it broke my game. He just sighed and said "again?" lol
Pinkish_Petals

PostPinkish_Petals on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:12 am

thlol dragonskitty

I would advise against "just starting over" if you are looking to just redownload things and be more organised, because that is what I decided to do after collecting over 200GB of stuff (across 4 games that is) I just deleted it all figuring I would find it again, and now sadly so much is long gone and with sites and forums closing and changing I dont think some of it is able to be found again :(

Of course we have Sims Graveyard which has collected so much stuff from dead sites but so much lovely stuff is just gone!
jordana
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postjordana on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:29 pm

lol it is like shopping with endless credit or cash

Simzzgurl

PostSimzzgurl on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:58 pm

It really is. I can sit down with a project in mind and a list of things I need for this project. 5 hours later I have a folder full of things that have nothing to do with before mentioned project :) I've been doing this for years and years. I bought an external drive to keep everything on !!
jordana
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postjordana on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:59 am

lol me too

Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:45 am

I have too great a download folder, but my husband is totally uninterested.
I just checked up my downloads folder:
11 GB
44662 files
3991 folders
I guess I should take and clean up a little but is so hard to take things away even though I have never used them (they can be good to have some time) I have download folder saved on a USB memory and update it as soon as I download something new and checked so that it works in the game.
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:09 pm

tahoe,

I tried the clean-up folders thing a long time ago.  I thought "I'll never use this" and gave it a toss.

Way Wrong!!!  BAD!  All the way BAD!!!!

I still remember the few things I tossed.  I want them back.  However, they can't be found with our older sim sites closing.

Anyway, when I believe I have something I want to toss, I store it on my extended drive.  

Maybe some day, I'll go treasure hunting in there.

Easter01
thlol

Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:18 pm

I've also thrown a few things that I want back.

PostGuest on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Well now let's hear an opinion about a CC a holic , single player no fiancé, no boyfriend , no hubby around me, and a real fan of the sims , I have installed all ts2-ts3-and ts4 games in this computer.

I am sorry for my English I am far to be a bilingual person.

In fact I realised that playing without CC is a calamity, a drama to me . I don't have enough variety and most of the time , except of rare exceptions , the content coming with the game is ugly.I often have the feeling the game is empty and I constantly need diversity, to feel in ease with the game.Playing without CC doesn't expand creativity, it blocks me.
So I download everyday stuffs to make my games enjoyable and create alright sims and interiors.I like decorating what I like, what I've got in mind and what the game offers doesn't suits me and who I am.EAxis always gives us the minimum to play and downloading creations of others support the comminity creativity and push us to be better, to express ourselves and to share new ideas to create our own.That's the goal of the custom contents brings by the community of creators, whatever the game you choose to play, whatever you can create and share with the world (sims, meshes,houses,recolours,retextures of hairs /clothes, genetics, shoes , accesories, clothes; mods,hacks etc)

And as you all, my game crashes because I often bypass what my computer and my game can handle despite all the sort I can do with the furniture and build mod especially the sims 2.
I also download for the sims 3 and 4 , I have my own limits.As the CC does not often please me for this game I am less attract by a downloading spree except days where I can find several sets that I need or that I love.

Now I am fear to get a fiancé who can't understand that I need this game for several personal reasons , that he doesn't understand me , and this game aroused a strong interest in interior / exterior designing to me . Because playing the sims for most of the boys is just kiddish or a girly game.
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:42 pm

That's so true Kweenie, most people just don't understand and think it's just a silly game and I'm far too old. But they don't understand the community and sharing the things you create. I would not play at all if there was no cc. My houses would be awful and I would hate it. When I first opened the sims 2 game, I didn't like maxis stuff at all, and then I discovered cc and sites where people shared their creations. A decorator was born, and an addiction for cc began!
Pinkish_Petals

PostPinkish_Petals on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:02 am

I thought this time around I would only add the things I used but of course that isnt going to happen now is it laughloud you just "might" need that or that and those!

I know exactly the scenario of setting out to find things for a certain project only to download GBs of stuff and then stay up all night because I havent downloaded anything for the project yet giggle3 giggle3 only to have hubby shrug and go to bed.

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:42 am

I do the same. I go shopping for something I need for a house project. I end up trawling through cradle of darkness, Gos, medieval smithy and on it goes, until I realise I haven't got what I was looking for! ohno

PostGuest on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:40 pm

tilly wrote:That's so true Kweenie, most people just don't understand and think it's just a silly game and I'm far too old. But they don't understand the community and sharing the things you create. I would not play at all if there was no cc. My houses would be awful and I would hate it. When I first opened the sims 2 game, I didn't like maxis stuff at all, and then I discovered cc and sites where people shared their creations. A decorator was born, and an addiction for cc began!

:wine:  Exactly Tilly Tiger . Same for me.I know about playing without CC is a nightmare because we always need something to add, what the game suggests to us is just far under the basics we need to create a house or a decent sim.The maxis' meshes are indeed deceiving except a bit for TS4 that I rather enjoy a lot of native objects.
Second point ,about people who don't understand why we love the sims , they just did not dig enough deeply as we all do.They just understand the simulation gameplay and not the creativity spirits or the creativity interests it could brings, even for men.Not to play the sims , but the game could challenge themselves to build or decorating a 3D house, or to make meshes for their lover etc.Plus they don't seem to understand no children are allowed to play it , this game is T rated and the community shares spicy additions for adults.(yep I was too much around dicky sites for TS3 especially  :sunburn: )

Pinkish_Petals wrote:I know exactly the scenario of setting out to find things for a certain project only to download GBs of stuff and then stay up all night because I havent downloaded anything for the project yet giggle3 giggle3

Shht please stop to talk about me ...I am hunting plants because I have got a LS challenge to me to fill and it's about gardening and I need plants for my TS3. That's what I currently live.Hunting CC for a project.And tell your husband that we play the game ! Auntie/Sister Kweenie does this !
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:53 pm

I also love a lot of the hacks.  I can not play the Sims 2 game
without the insimenator.  Nope - no way.

I also love the careers and the additional university majors.

I believe that's why the community loved the Sims 2 game
so much - folks could be so creative with custom content,
share it with others, and enjoy the difference it made to the
game.

It's no wonder I need an extended drive.

Easter01

:dogsniff:

Martha63

PostMartha63 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:06 pm

I have been through so many hard drives where I lost everything, that I learned something important; there are a few key items I HAVE to have for my games. So, I keep a copy of those on my box account, that way, no matter what, they are there for me. The rest is not a problem losing. I love hunting for content so much, and it IS like shopping with endless credit! I sometimes just dump the whole CC folder and start over with the newest items, because sometimes I want a totally "themed" game. For instance, I have had complete Mid Century (my fave), western, medieval, and Asian/Indian worlds.
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:41 pm

I did that once, Martha. I had a medieval game, with dirt neighbourhoods and deco. It was quite good fun. But I don't play anymore, I just create, so I need all sorts of cc. I do regularly trash my downloads folder and start over.....
Martha63

PostMartha63 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:23 pm

I have a CC question for the shoppers....I have noticed my CC clothing I get and use in game is not as sharp and clear as it looks in the pics at the sites where I get it from. My beautiful clothes from All-About-Style just isnt as beautiful in-game, Does anyone else have that problem? I had heard it could be from custom skins, but I dont have any.

Thoughts?
wawayaya

Postwawayaya on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:12 am

You need to check your game graphics/performance setting; it's the computer icon . Some clothes do not show up properly using the "low" setting; you either fix the sim/object detail or the texture detail.

(The first time that happened to me I thought I had lost the outfit's mesh!)
Martha63

PostMartha63 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:48 am

Oh my goodness, I thought those were set fine, what a difference changing from medium on the objects to high. it looks so much better. thank you wawayaya

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum