Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Hello
Today at 4:24 am by Easter01

» Hello All!!
Today at 4:24 am by Easter01

» Sims 4 Natatanec Bathroom "Akvaton"
Today at 4:14 am by TaTschu

» Hello!
Today at 4:02 am by alouette

» A New Day
Today at 3:57 am by alouette

» New hereeeee!
Today at 3:55 am by alouette

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 3:55 am by michelleab

» Hi! I'm new here. Thanks for letting me join you!
Today at 3:55 am by alouette

» My garden
Today at 3:53 am by michelleab

» Tillys fur babies
Today at 3:50 am by michelleab

» Jamie´s Lego built
Today at 3:49 am by michelleab

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 3:49 am by alouette

» Help please with SimPE
Today at 3:48 am by Samantha61

» A Tour Of Chicklet's RL House (Updated 9-18-17 LOL)
Today at 3:47 am by michelleab

» How did you find Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims or CherryBlossom Sims
Today at 3:47 am by michelleab

Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

For All The CC Downaholics

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Thu May 26, 2016 12:29 am

Wow!!! And yeah!!!! We will be patiently waiting Tilly!
LadySilverwolf

PostLadySilverwolf on Fri May 27, 2016 2:58 am

My download binges last for days it seems. I sort em, telling myself, that will look great here, or this will go nicely in a lot I have imagined, and then... I go back to playing with my repository set I have been working on since ... December? (course the first 3 months don't really count as I was LEARNING what everything did in both Milkshape and UVmapper Pro and learning what SimPE could do).

Every since I loaded Win10 on my system, the only time I have fired up the game has been to review the objects I have been recoloring/making and build on my HUGE hospital/research building I have for my hood.

Yeah... my binges last for days (possibly even weeks!) ~eyeshift~
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Fri May 27, 2016 8:53 am

Oh Sol, that sounds very complicated. Never ever got my head round meshing. I'm too impatient. I've thought about it al lot, then I sigh, and go and build a house or two instead!
Moiread

PostMoiread on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 pm

It's very important to download all of the pretty things. For posterity!
Eronoel

PostEronoel on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:21 am

Yes, for posterity (and just in case I might ever need it... everything, just in case...)

But I have resigned myself to the fact that gathering, organizing, making cc is more fun than playing sims? I almost (almost) don't need the game! ohno

DamnaAlexis

PostDamnaAlexis on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Yesterday I was talking about it with my bf, I told him I spend more time looking for nice stuff than playing.
As we play other games together, I almost have no time to play by myself. consol1
songib67

Postsongib67 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:40 pm

I agree with Moiread!
skullenstein

Postskullenstein on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:40 am

DamnaAlexis, that's the same with me. I'm either browsing for more stuff to download, or decorating. Hardly play haha.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:01 am

I think it must be part of being a Simmer.......download download download, I need more, I have to have it, cant wait to get it, WCIF that??, no more space on my computer angry , I want to play the game.........now I'm too tired shame

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Haha..... you put it just the way it is, Lorry!

It is definitely a sims thing.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:52 am

Lol yes it is Anita!

miros1

Postmiros1 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:21 am

Strangely, my hub kind of gets it, but he played both on and offline games with message boards.

However, he did yell at me to come to bed while I was being powerleveled in Dark Age of Camelot, which he played too!
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:38 am

Haha my hubby gets it too, thankfully giggle

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:51 pm

My husband does not get it at all......

but he has learnt to live with it.
And I love him for that!
Akutaki

PostAkutaki on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:49 pm

Agreed! 90% of the time I'm just downloading CC... the other 10% is me trying to sort all of it out and checking if it's compatible with my game... lol
Beatrice402

PostBeatrice402 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:55 pm

I love Downloads from this side danceG
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:08 am

Haha Lorry you put it just right! I get ready to open my game and then I'm like "hmmm I wonder if so and so has uploaded anything new?" and before I know it I've downloaded half a website I stumbled upon. crazyspin

A L O U E T T E glasses5
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:32 pm

ROFL alouette Oh my gosh I do that all the time shame

tnt5488

Posttnt5488 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:19 pm

I am so glad I don't have to worry about that.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:18 pm

tnt5488 don't you download custom content?

Augiedoggy

PostAugiedoggy on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:06 pm

I have just had to weed out my downloads folder cause it got so big my game kept crashing! I really need to organize it better too.
StephSim

PostStephSim on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:03 pm

This thread is full of great stuff. There is so much I can relate to that I cannot help but laugh aloud! cherry

I remember there was a time of "guilt" around Simming taking time from my family..That passed as I found a new balance. Then, there was a time where I felt guilty for "building instead of playing" (as though it was a betrayal of some sort to "not" play)...That passed as well. Now, I do whatever feels right in the moment, as I suppose for me that's what it's all about..."enjoying" my Simming time in whatever way works in each given moment.

For now...I find myself in a "tropical" state of mind. I decided to rebuild my Paradise Found lot for sharing, because I really only designed it for picture taking. I have this thing with function in addition to form. Don't get me wrong...I love CC and am I ever a clutter bug....but I like for the Simmies to be able to use a space in the way I envision it. So, it becomes about playability 'within' clutter. YEAH CC! summerB6

Of course, I haven't truly 'played' the game in years. bored

Every once in a while I isolate a few lots and simply have a bit of fun exploring. There are so many things that happen in the game that I didn't know existed until someone is sharing a story or I'm talking to one of my friends on the phone about Simming.

Luckily, my hubby is a Simmer... So, a few days ago when I told him, "I'm going off into the bedroom to spend the day build and decorating a lot so I can take picts and join the Paradise Found fun"...He said, "Not a problem...I have a few 'crystal balls' to make functional for my magical neighborhood, then I'll go upstairs and take a few pictures to update my files." I can't imagine him not Simming too! ohno That would be all sorts of wrong! But, given how unpredictable real life has been...this is a nice little gift of Simming the universe has given us to share. flirty

Yesterday afternoon, after my offline BFF left (she's not a Simmer at all), I was having Sim withdrawals. So, I spent the afternoon organizing my Around the Sims folders. I basically have each set in it's own folder, which was driving me bonkers when I was looking for a specific item, but not sure which set it was in. So...I literally went through each folder and isolated the plants, pictures and decorative items from the basic furniture. And now, I have folders with just plants, just paintings, and just decorative items, etc. It's so great! That folder has been taunting me and now it's manageable. And that is what we call the life of a Simmer obsessed with CC.

BTW, I decided to check my Downloads Archive Folder on my hard-drive whilst typing this. It's still counting... giggle

I don't download everything...But I have 15 years worth of Downloads organized in those archives. I've lost a few files over the years, especially when both my laptop and desktop were fried due to humidity issues shortly after I moved to my current home. After that, I went all Fort Knox on my Sims CC. I've a few folders of Downloads from the past and ones retrieved from the old computer to sort and put away. Then, I shall back everything up again in 2 or 3 places. It's too harsh losing Sims files. Lots, I can rebuild, but content is not always replaceable! angry

And the final results: omg
488,246 Files, 35,231 Folders, 153 GB

So...for me..I couldn't keep that in my in game Downloads Folder if I wanted to. laughloud

maridian

Postmaridian on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:53 am

I download a lot too, then I play a little. It's so fun downloading
songib67

Postsongib67 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:12 pm

To Augiedoggy.. Why not store all your inventory on a usb port and use it as you need it?

I just love to shop and now I am really into this house I am working on ... I can't wait to finish my chores and then play the game.
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:06 am

I've completed my organization of my downloads folder and then I located three new simblrs I'd never been too before. Now I have to sort those out. giggle I love to organize as much as I do decorating!

A L O U E T T E glasses5

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum