Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Our B.A.C Contest is now open!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Hey Everyone :)
Today at 7:54 pm by Crissi

» New member!
Today at 7:51 pm by Crissi

» B.A.C: The Espresso Room: Chat and Questions
Today at 7:43 pm by Crissi

» Family Time
Today at 7:36 pm by Broomhilda61

» Build It...
Today at 6:53 pm by anidup

» Hello.
Today at 4:13 pm by Easter01

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 12/6 2017"
Today at 12:49 pm by Tahoe

» Hello out there!
Today at 12:28 pm by tilly

» B.A.D June 2017 Questions and Comments
Today at 12:19 pm by poppy100

» Change one letter in the word above
Today at 8:15 am by anidup

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 7:58 am by anidup

» Decorator or player?
Today at 1:45 am by songib67

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 1:39 am by szanne7000

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 12:53 am by szanne7000

» Summer Siggies 2016 to grab
Today at 12:47 am by szanne7000

Whats new?

TS4: Farmhouse Chic by Chicklet

TS4: Painting Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Bedding Recolors by Anidup

TS4: Wallpapers by Anidup

TS4: Recolors of EA Maxis Poster

TS4: RC Lounge set by Oldbox

S4: Curtain RC by Oldbox

TS2-TS4: Suza loft plant by Anidup

TS4: Sweet Tea Porch Set by Chicklet

TS4: Sunday Morning by Tilly

TS4: Candice Olson Bette Lounge conversion by Anidup

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 12/6 2017"

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:13 pm

I love your hallway Marie!
I have a few books on furniture and the different styles and if you find it difficult I might be able to scan a few pics and forward it to you?
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Thank you for your offer, we got some links through the race it's a bit hard to find furniture to the game but I'm going to put me and googling now. And I go out, I can in any case be in the JFF (just for fun)
Would not it our fun to win but so good, I'm not, I'm happy as long as I can be and I can enjoy them other people's pictures.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature

PostGuest on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:16 am

Tahoe wrote:Thank you, the hall would probably fit a mountain chalet and such a hall would also be able to imagine because I like even wood and I would like to live in a real log home.
Good luck could probably be needed for today begins round 2, and we'll decorate a living room in colonial style ??? And what is it, I've tried googling but not wiser dark furniture but then what.

I am sorry for not being there so often currently.I am busy reinstalling my OS.
About the round 2 it's not so quite difficult, what I see on google images are very impressive and different of what I am use to hear about a colonial house, in my country it means houses of wealthy people who enslaved people and colonized other countries.To me it reminds me what we found out in French Antilles for instance.I rather don't speak about what does it really mean in the Anglo-Saxon culture.Perhaps they are a different meaning.There are a lot of difference between the English and the French point of view.To make the things easier you can find out old fashioned livingroom cc combine with a cozy touch.Massive windows and cheminey.If you rather like wood furnishing you can use them instead of.
For the CC you will be easily find a lot of stuffs for the livingroom.Just feel free to open a WCIF if you're really in the need.

Tahoe

PostTahoe on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:57 am

I'm almost done with the room now, should make it clear that today. When I saw those other entries, I saw that I had not thought so crazy after all. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I do not go out.
I also googled and saw all countries seemed to have their own style. In Sweden, it was such dark woods with bright fabrics and plaster on the walls of Cuba was the wicker furniture and large palm trees. But I go for the American style, and now it is only trifles left. It may go as it goes, I've done my best.
Round ends on Sunday and the next one starts on Wednesday, so then I can probably add the images.

PostGuest on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:21 am

Tahoe wrote:I'm almost done with the room now, should make it clear that today. When I saw those other entries, I saw that I had not thought so crazy after all. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I do not go out.
I also googled and saw all countries seemed to have their own style. In Sweden, it was such dark woods with bright fabrics and plaster on the walls of Cuba was the wicker furniture and large palm trees. But I go for the American style, and now it is only trifles left. It may go as it goes, I've done my best.
Round ends on Sunday and the next one starts on Wednesday, so then I can probably add the images.

Depend on colonial means and what it comes from.To me as a French that means what I told you firstly in my mind .Because perhaps what the forum asked you to made is totally different and not so sad and painful in the background. Bet I could not understand it very quickly and I could have copycat other people and google to understand.It's very confusing to me.You were right to choose the easiest to start with a style you don't really know, to go to the simple way and start with the most common design.I can't wait to see if the forum allows you to share elsewhere your pictures soon.You're talented .
No matter what you created I am sure you're in the right direction.If I took part I surely be out for being out of the theme.
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:15 pm

Thank you for your kind comment. The more you look on the internet, the more confused I become. But now the images are uploaded to the competition. so last Tuesday night, I should know if I can continue or not (there are 9 rounds) not that I will win but still ... but if you go out, you get to be with anyway but then category Just For Fun (JFF) and I intend to be for it is fun to decorate in a different way than you normally would because I'm probably a creature of habit.

PostGuest on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Tahoe wrote:Thank you for your kind comment. The more you look on the internet, the more confused I become. But now the images are uploaded to the competition. so last Tuesday night, I should know if I can continue or not (there are 9 rounds) not that I will win but still ... but if you go out, you get to be with anyway but then category Just For Fun (JFF) and I intend to be for it is fun to decorate in a different way than you normally would because I'm probably a creature of habit.

You're welcome .The essential thing is to take part.No matter if you win or not , have fun.
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:07 pm

This is round 2 of D.O.T.Y a room in a colonial style, and to my great surprise, I went on. They first six cards are those who were involved in the competition they last you get a small bonus. Do you see that little mouse hole next to the piano?

songib67

Postsongib67 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:22 pm

This is lovely... Mouse is too too cute
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Songib67: Thank you very much. I think that the mouse was a little cool there are several to choose from, too bad it is not visible.

songib67

Postsongib67 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:24 am

I meant the mouse hole was a clever idea. Also clever is the card build.
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:23 am

I thought it fit the time. Now it's time for a new round, and something that suits me better Shabby chic diningroom.

songib67

Postsongib67 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:47 pm

I am looking forward to it!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:57 pm

I must admit, I did not see the mouse hole before you pointed it out now.... but I agree that it was a cool idea to add it!
And again, congratulations on going on to round three!!
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:21 pm

anidup: Thanks so much.
I can agree that it is difficult to see, it's hard to get everything in as few images as well as it would be quite dark colors on everything.

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:42 am

I saw the mouse hole, lol. Great job Marie

Tahoe

PostTahoe on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:32 pm

Thanks Tilly. I hope to post pictures from the next round (shabby chic diningroom) on Tuesday night or Wednesday, I just posted these so now it will be a tough wait until Tuesday evening, when I know if I get there or not.

PostGuest on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:20 pm

I am glad you were successful, indeed I could not imagine to see you out of the competition with this such realistic livingroom.
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Good luck Marie, fingers crossed for you!
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:53 pm

:thy:

Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:33 pm

I have chosen not to reduce images to save space in my photobucket, so I hope it goes well anyway. This is from round 3 shabby chic diningroom. The three last pictures is a little bonus.
This week is the boho kitchen, which I do not have much experience, but I understand that it concerns a colorful time.

songib67

Postsongib67 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Tahoe! This so lovely and inviting... I could sit down at that table and have a meal! Love it!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:08 pm

It is indeed a lovely room. Congratulations on going through to round 4!
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:27 pm

Songib67: I'm glad you like it, I did about setting the table three times before I was satisfied but I forgot candlesticks.
Anidup: Thank you, I do not know whether I can handle this round, I was born in the mid 60's and has no recollection of any such decoration.

Oldbox
Resident Artist

PostOldbox on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:53 pm

I love the shabby chic diningroom, and youre decorating style is lovely :summer5:

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum