Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

The age factor

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

songib67

Postsongib67 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Hello all, I was just curious.. I am 71 almost 72. I was wondering if there are many in my age group who are Sims addicts?
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Wow!!! Songib67.... you have made my day.
I am quite the addict, but am only 52 years old! :summer5:
songib67

Postsongib67 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:20 am

Why you are just a youngster to me! But, It is nice to know the age is varied. Not a day goes by that i'm not shopping for furniture or working on a home. Nice to meet ya!
Crissi
Administrator
Total Awards : 6

PostCrissi on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:10 am

Hi Songib67 you rock .. isn't it wonderful that this game brings fun to all ages?
I am 56 now and addicted since Sims 1 :-) :girlie5: And I know that there are many
people in your age playing Sims.

Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi Songib67,

I am a true sim's addict.  I love to play the game.

I favor the Sims 2.  Not keen on Sims 3 (deleted it from my pc).

Still thinking about the Sims 4.  I miss the toddlers.

Easter01
:pump2:

Tell Me A Story Album:  Here
songib67

Postsongib67 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:38 pm

I think I still have my Sims 1 game and all the downloads. Once I tried Sims 2 I was hooked. I did buy the first of Sims 3. But I was not impressed. I am a die hard Sims 2 fan. I may one day try Sims 4 but, It is doubtful as I am having way too much fun. And I love all the clutter for kitchen & bathroom clutter!!!
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:24 pm

songib67,

I agree.  I favor the Sims 2 because I have it just the way I want to play it
with custom content as well as hacks, careers, and university majors.

I still download custom content because I love to add variety.

Easter01

songib67

Postsongib67 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:27 am

I think the best thing is its FREEE!!!
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:31 pm

I know of people your age who play sims, but on other forums. I think the game crosses through age. If you enjoy it, then play it! I'm 50, and I still enjoy it. I imagine I will still be playing sims 2, although I might try another sims game at some point, but I'm a sims 2 fan!
songib67

Postsongib67 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Hello Tilly,
Although, I have all the ep's. I have never played University in itself or maybe I just don't remember... I don't understand the university majors. So today, I think I would see what is there.Have a great day!
bitterpixie

Postbitterpixie on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi Songib67,

I think that is fantastic, I am 43 and I love the sims.
songib67

Postsongib67 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:51 pm

It is so nice to be among people who share in the love of The Sims... Sometimes I will go into a spiel about a new house or family I created and I see my friends eyes go to the ceiling. I know they are saying.. Ohhh dear, poor thing is at it again. They just don't get it!!
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:00 pm

I get plenty of raised eyes from my husband, when I talk about sims! I know how you feel, lol
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:11 am

I am 50 and play Sims 2 has tested the sims 3 but it seemed so difficult. My husband does not understand how I can spend so much time in a game (I do not understand how he can spend as much time in the garage). My daughter-in-law is 24, play Sims 3.

Last edited by tahoe on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
Deatherella

PostDeatherella on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:09 am

Mid 50's here, too. I started playing with Sims 1 and never stopped. Saw a commercial and knew I had to have that game. Kind of like I bought a playstation when they first came out just so I could be play Sir Dan.

instant-mess

Postinstant-mess on Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 pm

I am 24, but my grandmother and I play the sims together whenever I visit her! She is 65 and I got her hooked on playing it back when I was about 8 or 9 when the very first sims game came out. She says it calms her down (and I agree). It is a fun little game, isn't it? budhug She mostly plays the sims 1, but I lent her my sims 2 discs and told her to try them out :)
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Kate,

What fun!  I would love that.

Easter01

Last edited by Easter01 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total

finnlily

Postfinnlily on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Wow - you just made me feel a lot better. I just turned 59, and have been playing since waaaaaay back to the original Nintendo SimCity days! I still have tons of Sims 1 cc and all the games, thousands of Sims 2 cc - and all the games. I tried Sims 3 but hated it so much I uninstalled and went back to S2. Now playing Sims 4, and teaching my 7 yr old granddaughter! laughloud
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Ah finnlily, that sounds like a lot of fun!! My granddaughter is only 18 months old, but I sure am looking forward to playing sims with her!
Precious memories if I think back to my mother, who loved her sims game, playing with my nieces!!
finnlily

Postfinnlily on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Right now she likes to dress her Sims. I have a clothing folder that I only put in the game when she's here. She's starting to try building, but that will take some time. She really loves it - another Simoholic!
Glitteranji

PostGlitteranji on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:35 am

I'm sorry for bumping an older post, but I was just thinking about this exact topic earlier today. I'd been posting about playing since Sims 1, and I was thinking of my age then, and thinking that many of the creators at that time were women in their 50's, and wondering if they still play today after all these years in their 60's or 70's. I'm glad to see that there are people in that age group still playing.

Second, I'm 50 and still playing, and this is the first place since I've started playing Sims 4 (I completely skipped sims 3) that I've seen as many women my age grouped in one place!

Sometimes I wish I still had my old Sims 1 games, but I sold them at a garage sale after I got Sims 2. I don't know why it never occurred to me I'd want to go revisit that someday.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:17 am

Hi Glitteranji,
I still have all my sims 1 and sims 2 games safely packed away.
I bought many of the sims 3 games, but because I did not like the game I gave the whole lot to my daughter-in-law.
I now play (yes I love the new game!) and create for the sims 4 only. And as you would have seen in the earlier posts, I am 53 this year.
I am even more addicted to the game than when I was playing the sims 1.I don't think I will ever be ready to leave all my families here in the virtual world.
GingerTea

PostGingerTea on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:33 am

I'm 45 this year.
caede2000

Postcaede2000 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:15 pm

I am 66. Pleased to hear there is another senior.
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:47 pm

This is such a great thread, its so interesting seeing the age variety. I agree with Angie, its good to have so many of us still playing!

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum