Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area.  All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!    Check out the new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store. Bloom Magazine issue 3 is now out! 
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» The age factor
Today at 6:15 am by Ginnie

» CAS: What is your preferred, age, gender, and look to use for a sim?
Today at 6:05 am by Chicklet45368

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 5:46 am by sunkal

» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 18/10 2017"
Today at 5:43 am by sunkal

» Mama bear papa bear and baby bear shirts for sims4
Today at 4:58 am by mckenziesprecher

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Today at 3:54 am by Raven401

» Autumn Siggies 2017
Today at 3:33 am by alouette

» Hello!!!!!!!!!
Today at 2:47 am by Raven401

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by Chicklet45368

» What's For Dinner ....
Yesterday at 9:54 pm by really4simz

» B.A.D Contest October: Questions and Comments
Yesterday at 2:19 pm by anidup

» Autumn Avatars 2017
Yesterday at 2:17 pm by anidup

» Solved-I am so sorry! :(
Yesterday at 2:07 am by Chicklet45368

» TaTschu Sims4 CC 17. October Updates 2017
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:21 pm by TaTschu

» Hello! :)
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:50 pm by anidup

Whats new?

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Designer bathroom walls by TaTschu

TS4: Tahoes House by Lorry

TS3-TS4 House by Lorry

TS4: Under the stairs by Lorry

TS4: Ocean Breeze by Lorry

TS4: Fight like a girl by Chicklet

TS4: Cassandre's toy conversion by Anidup

TS4: Old Wood floors by TaTschu

TS4: Peyton by Lorry

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

The age factor

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:44 am

Yep, yep, yep!!!
giggle

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
timmer_man2003

Posttimmer_man2003 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:11 pm

I will be 57 this year. Have been playing since sims2. Loved 3 the most but since I now have 4 I am slowly getting used to it.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:15 pm

I have played ts2, ts3, and have been playing ts4 since it came out.

I have fallen in love with the stability of ts4 and the fact that I can get so much of my cc in the game without it crashing or lagging! LOL :D

skanning

Postskanning on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:41 am

hmmmm...I turned 71 last January.  I mostly build but get so frustrated with S4's lack of a terrain tool crying I even finally d/l the S2 Ultimate....than remembered how lousy the wallpapers are....and realized I'd be nothing if not confused between switching back and forth between 2 and 4 that I dropped the idea but my grand-daughter dearly loves to come over here and play S2 so it's still got a desktop space.  Now, I have to accept that I'll never have a terrain tool...but still build most of the time.  I create a Sim (all good, geniuses, creative), slap him/her into the house and move on.  Of course, I've run out of lots in my save game and really don't want to get into multiple saves...so I occasionally play a sim...run him all over to collect stuff...then bale out.  Unfortunately I also spend time dealing with wayyyyyy too much cc...patches and new packs are real trauma.  (But I have them all  lol)  So, no, OP, you're NOT alone.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:12 am

lol, Skanning :D

There is still a lot you can do without the terrain tools...

...I was really lost without them when I first started with ts4. Now? I'm used to it (well, mostly, heheheheh).

However, it is possible to do a lot of things. Check out some of the really creative builds on YouTube. There are some really amazing things being done in ts4! <3

poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:00 pm

Every day I wonder. Is that mirror now getting older or me?    ... lol

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Ah Poppy! You are not getting older at all! Still a very lovely woman.
Wow....Skanning..... I am impressed! I do hope that I will be able to play with my grand daughters when I am 71 and they are a bit older! It sounds like the ultimate fun!
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Don't know how I missed this only just spotted it. I'm 52 and have been playing since Sims 1. I have been through TS2 and TS3, each time the next version came out I insisted I wasn't going to get it. well we all know how that panned out because I now play TS4 and I too have all the disks still. My granddaughter is 9 and loves playing Sims, she doesn't have a computer but when she does get one she is having all the TS3 disks.

I find it relaxing and get lost in my game a times, which reminds me I should have started cooking diner half an hour ago. Poor hubby is quite used to late meals and being ignored. LOL

tumblr_inline_ov3x2fvZ3D1qkgiz5_1280
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:50 pm

LOL, Nikki, so does mine. i take it you play as well as create? I can loose myself for very long periods at a time. I have been playing on with the legacy family, and really enjoyed it.... took lots of pictures, but am still to share them in show and tell.
I just wish my granddaughter was old enough already to play with me.... that would make my day!
krimson146

Postkrimson146 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:27 am

im 25 ive been playing since my teenage years
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:04 am

Hi Krimson :D

My sons both started when they were 10 & 13 with (it turns out) The Sims (you know, ts1)... I really didn't know that, LOL... Ben brought the box in from the garage with the original disks the other night. I really thought they started with ts2, heheheh.

Yeah... my memory, LOLOLOL.

I didn't start until ts2, shortly before ts3 came out.

(I'm 55 now :D )

I love it that we are all ages, all over the world, and that we all love the sims, regardless of what we like to do with the game <3

kelouisa

Postkelouisa on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:31 am

I'm 44 and have been playing since Sims 2.  My oldest daughter played with me then and still plays Sims 4 with me now.  She's living with her fiance and comes over on the weekends to play.  I told her that she could install it on her computer but she says that she likes coming home to play.   giggle
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:48 am

heheheheheh :D :Spring2

skanning

Postskanning on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:09 am

poppy100 wrote:Every day I wonder. Is that mirror now getting older or me?    ... lol

What???  You look in the mirror???  tsk tsk bad, bad idea  It's much better to live with a bit of unreality flyer   My mind thinks I'm 17; my body tells me I'm 107....best not to think about that  scared
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:01 am

I feel that too, my mind is definitely no older than 18, lol. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think who is that! So yes, a bit of unreality works for me! danceG
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 am

LOL, I sometimes look in the mirror and wonder what my nan (grandmother) is doing looking back at me. Sadly she died when I was 14 but I see her when I look in the mirror now.

Yes I play and create. I started creating for The Sims (no number hehe) for a site that I think was called Historical Sim or something similar in title. We used to do all things with an historical theme, Not only lots but also clothes. In Sims 2 I built houses and uploaded them to BlackPearl Sims before moving onto Sims 3 where I did the same but also made lots of patterns. That's one part of TS3 I miss, if I want a particular pattern on something I have to hunt the forum to see if someone has done it. I've recoloured a few items of clothing in TS4 but not with enthusiasm what I'm waiting or is S4S Appletini to be upgraded to allow for recolouring of objects.

tumblr_inline_ov3x2fvZ3D1qkgiz5_1280
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:51 am

When I turned 55 this year and reached the age of being able to get senior discounts at restaurants and able to live in senior living apartments and whatnot...

...I looked in the mirror and said to myself, "but, I don't look like a senior citizen!"

It's weird because when I was a teenager, people my age now did look like "little old ladies." (No offense.) ~~~ Worse, they acted like it.

People who are 20 years older than I am, don't even look like that (some do, but many don't!). Have you seen those Osphena commercials? heheheheh

We are living longer and aging better and that is good.

I think many of us decided we did not need to be our grandmothers and have short silver hair and wear sweater sets.

I think it is fine if that is what one wants to do...

...but one is no longer sentenced to that :D

Hooray for being able to live life as one sees fit!!! <3 <3 <3

skanning

Postskanning on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:54 am

I've come to the realization that a lot of stuff I was vaguely critical of for seniors now makes sense (but can be avoided lol).  The problem with clothing is that the shape of our bodies changes...ugh.  I've weighed within 10 lb of the same weight for over 30 yr BUT clothing fits far differently.  Remember you had a waist??  Forget that - and if you try to buy clothing that fits your waist, it sags on your butt.  yup...you start to lose your rear end and it circles around to your front and your waist.  What might have been an hourglass is now a cylinder. EXCEPT for the sagging bustline....aaarrrgh!  I now understand elastic waist though I've managed to get round them by finding the perfect fit jeans...took years but I've found them :-)  And, any excess skin you might have had over a little excess fat??  Fat might be gone but the skin isn't!!  Thus my ongoing uniform is now jeans and a long-sleeved tee.  Oh, how could I forget the %$#@!! support hose??  The more of those covered, the better...so goodbye skirts.  But you know what?  If this stuff is all I have to worry about - forget the state of the country and indeed the world - I really am grateful.  dontworry
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:11 am

Oh Skanning, you have a great way with words, and you so perfectly summed up the struggles with one's body in the latter part of our years. I have the same problem, and my husband often teases me that he now ha a lot more of me than when we got married. giggle

I still struggle a lot to get the best fit when I buy trousers, and have now come to peace with the fact that I have to buy something with an elastic waist, I did not lose my butt, it just became bigger as did my tummy! Not to say anything about the boobs! So, jeans are out, bigger loose fitting clothes are in!
And since my menopause started, I never ever get on a scale, I find it close to impossible to lose weight.

But, surprisingly, in my mind and heart, I am still the thinner version of me. I run after my grandchildren, though just a little slower, roll around on the floor when I play let's pretend, and then I am usually the child and Abby the mother! So to get up takes a LOT of energy, but I eventually get there. And she is very patient with granny when it comes to that, would even try to help.... rofl301
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:03 am

I call those elastic waist-granny pants..and I to had to start wearing those lol..and when I have talked to you on Skype Anita you really look thin..and beautiful..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:02 am

I like my jeans (well, when I can get into them, LOL!)...

...but the boob thing? Man... mine are now around the bottom of my ribs! Even with a good bra they haven't pointed up since my late 30's!  rofl301

(and that was in a bra!... true up was when I was 17, LOL)

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Suzanne, you made me laugh!! Oh the fun in getting older,.... I really enjoy it though. I am comfortable with who and how I am right now, and that is great. Being younger always had one think "do I look all right..... does my husband like this outfit..... etc. No I don't care as much anymore, as long as I am comfortable!

Sam: you are such a dear friend to say things like that. I do appreciate. Fortunately I was sitting down, and you did not see all of me!
songib67

Postsongib67 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Thank you guys for the laughs. I have to say that the boobs have gone south. I have found a great pair of jeans that fit and look great. They are by Style & Co. Macy's carries them. I can even wear a smaller size than I usually do.
My sister told me about the hula hoop for toning the middle. I have never been able to master it. I get about 4 twirls and then struggle to keep it up. The struggling is a workout in of itself. But, my waist is 33 which is not bad for a 175 pounder.
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:39 pm

That's funny Suzanne.. rofl301

Many years ago I seen a card that had an old wrinkled woman on it..when you opened it up..it said something like when you take off your bra you lose all the wrinkles..and her boobs were down to the floor and she had no wrinkles from head to toe..I laughed so hard everyone in the store was staring at me..lol

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
songib67

Postsongib67 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Reminds me of an old joke. A guy walks up to an older woman. He says okay lady, show me your tits! She reaches down to her knees and pulls up her dress!

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum