Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Hello
Today at 4:24 am by Easter01

» Hello All!!
Today at 4:24 am by Easter01

» Sims 4 Natatanec Bathroom "Akvaton"
Today at 4:14 am by TaTschu

» Hello!
Today at 4:02 am by alouette

» A New Day
Today at 3:57 am by alouette

» New hereeeee!
Today at 3:55 am by alouette

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 3:55 am by michelleab

» Hi! I'm new here. Thanks for letting me join you!
Today at 3:55 am by alouette

» My garden
Today at 3:53 am by michelleab

» Tillys fur babies
Today at 3:50 am by michelleab

» Jamie´s Lego built
Today at 3:49 am by michelleab

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 3:49 am by alouette

» Help please with SimPE
Today at 3:48 am by Samantha61

» A Tour Of Chicklet's RL House (Updated 9-18-17 LOL)
Today at 3:47 am by michelleab

» How did you find Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims or CherryBlossom Sims
Today at 3:47 am by michelleab

Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

The age factor

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Catey

PostCatey on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:14 pm

I am 21 years old, have been playing some version of the sims since I was 13 lol.
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:26 pm

We need the youngsters!!!
But I have found among the sims players/creators, age really is relative!
The game keeps me young, that is for sure!
miladygrey

Postmiladygrey on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:39 pm

I am 52 and still play sims 2,originally I got it just to build the houses,but got caught in the game ...lol ... Bought sims 1 a couple of years ago . My daughter who is 15 plays as well, we have 3 & 4 as well ... we just bought the castaway stand alone last month ... all of them have their pros and cons ... but we love them all
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Yes, Gloria, i think they all have their good points and are a bit different. Havent tried Sims 4 yet!
Crissi
Administrator
Total Awards : 6

PostCrissi on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:03 am

Its so good to see that our game seams to have no limit of age! And that it brings us all together
spending time with each other and sharing our fun with the game! grouphug
I am still a Sims 2 player (uhm I can't say that I am a player at all hahah .. I more a creator und decorater). I've tried Sims 3 when it had been published - but there was no way for me to get familiar with that game. And more and more I want to try Sims 4 when I see how many wonderful Items our Anidup is creating for the game. So may be - one day -I am going to test Sims 4 too. But I am sure my heart will always belong to Sims 2 Gimme

lorijune

Postlorijune on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:39 am

Because I am a new member, I'm just reading these threads now, so sorry if I am commenting on an older thread. I am tickled to see so many playing the game that are around the same age as me (55) or older. My daughter brought home the Sims 2 base game when she was a freshman in high school. A friend of hers gave it to her because she didn't like it! That was 10 years ago. We added all the expansion packs and stuff packs and then...Sims 3 arrived. She was hooked immediately, but I couldn't leave Sims 2. I love it. I am so happy to see that so many creative people are still making beautiful stuff for the game. And by the way, my daughter has just moved on to Sims 4 and I bought her the last of the expansion/stuff packs she did not have for her 25th birthday coming up next week!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:44 am

Wonderful!!! I had to move on to sims 4 unfortunately. But  still have all my sims 2 games' backups.
But I got to love the sims 4 now, and create as well as play the game.
Also started playing when the very first sims 1 came out..... being introduced into our household by my kids. LOL
Marioneve

PostMarioneve on Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:03 pm

I am 23 and started playing TS2 back in 2009 just when TS3 came out - no change since then! Originally started with TS1 around 2006. I have tried all four games, but The Sims 2 continues to be my one and only :hearty:
The age variety among players is nice to see!

PostGuest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Dear Ladies.(+45 years old)

Thank you for being so numerous to play the Sims no matter the versions you installed or is currently playing.
You prouve to the World the Sims is also an adult game that everybody no matter the age people is , no matter how you play find themselves.I wish more men play it and more elders too.I know this game is a therapy and how much it's good for keeping our time to be better, it also develop our creativity so our brain is always working.
I am in my late 20's now and I am still hooked like a teenager.I still love the gameplay.I am a currently a sims 2 and sims 3 player.I can't find myself in the sims 4 too much easy, kiddish and not so deep the past saga are.Not very well adult oriented to me and a bit silly in my opinion.My way of playing doesn't suit the game at all despite I love the decorating part and the CAS.

Other thing I want to highlight.I read a lot of you starts to play with TS2 or the Sims Original - I have got the Sims Original but it doesn't work with Vista - I still like it lol.

Does the age changes your style? Your way of playing?

I mean my interior designing style in the sims 2 changed in 7 years and I also changed my way of making sims.That's cool ! Being older allows me to keep the game fresh and new.I am just still modern oriented.
Before my sims 2 women has got a lot of makeup , now they are natural.My houses were full of clutters that made the lot crashes and not playable, now they have got less and I am successful in making 98%-100% playable interiors.I also enjoy the existing houses before I did not cared of.
My point of view evolved and changed throught years.I am still a young person.
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:43 pm

I am also just seeing this post..I am 55 and play Sims2..I do have Sims3 + Ambitions I think that is how you spell it..got both of those at Walmart together..just couldn't come to play it very long..tried several times..the only thing I liked about it was you can travel with the Sim..I did get Sims4 when it went on sell at Origin..played less than an hour..won't be playing that again unless everyone on this planet stops playing Sims2..which is unlikely :)

I started playing Sims2 in 2007-8 from my Brother's gf at the time..got hooked the very first day..Started buying the games in 2009 and it took me 3 yrs to get all of them..some of them are just digital from Origin but that is ok with me..then got the Ultimate Collection and that is what I am playing with now..

I started generic I don't think that my brother's gf knew about CC..she never used them or any modes..Then was introduced to CC on the Sims2 forum in 2010 and I am not sure I could go back to generic lol..

I just worship the ground that you all walk on that can Create, recolor and do all those things..

So I am a late bloomer for Sims2 but that's ok with me..lol..as for the age thing and the way I play..I don't think so with me..even when I was playing generic I didn't use a lot of makeup..clothes well whatever Maxis had at the time.lol..now with the CC..I love to play Medieval, Rustic, Country type..my sims still have very little makeup..and the clothes I tend to go with the Medieval..love those clothes..but the furniture is more Medieval, Rustic, Country..all mixed in one..

But then I look around and find so many beautiful Modern furniture and things that I want but it's not my style..and think maybe I should change my style ~oh good grief~ who am I kidding haha..I just look and dream and continue playing the way I have been playing since I found CC..

Now with the Skins and things I have changed since I found Enayla's Skintones..and Almighty Hat's Stolen by Fairies Skins..I love experimenting with Genetics bad at spelling..sorry..Get the Alien Skins and then see where it goes with the kids and all..mix and match Skintones..

My houses I haven't changed with them..they are still open concept and large rooms..don't you hate when one Sim gets in the way of another and they tend to wave their arms around..and they all have their own bathrooms..hate when they are standing there waiting on a bathroom and then pee themselves because they won't go in while someone is taking a shower..omgosh..

For the College I make their homes..I hate that Cow and if it wasn't for that Cow I would keep them in the dorms but that cow omgosh..don't get me started on that Cow..I killed it one time put it in the back corner of the house and lot and put a fence around it..it died and then I cried..good grief..and it had hit me it was a College Student in a Cow Costume..not a cow..but I still put them in the back corner of the lot but just try and keep them alive..sometimes it works sometimes it don't I don't cry over them anymore when they die..does that make me heartless??

Sorry about rambling on..

Love to read what everyone has written on the way they play.. :hypnos:

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
navyninja

Postnavyninja on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm 28. I got started thanks to one of my real life friends and one of my cousins. My aunt considers the sims to be more interesting than Power Rangers when I talk.

Thank you tilly for the avatar and siggi!
songib67

Postsongib67 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:50 pm

The best for me was when I found the Energizer.. I don't PLAY the Sims very often but, when I do I hate that they get tired & hungry. I always have the energizer pictures in the kids room so I just click and everyone is totally green.
navyninja

Postnavyninja on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:17 am

I love the simenator.

songib67

Postsongib67 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Is the simenator like the energizer?
navyninja

Postnavyninja on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Similar, although it impregnates your sims, ages them and does other different things.

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:50 pm

I just use cheats maxmotives works for me! :girlie5:
songib67

Postsongib67 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Tilly, How do I find that one?

PostGuest on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:12 pm

to Broomhilda61
hellowave
Yes and re yes ! I am fond on Ambitions because of my sims 3 gameplay story I discovered the private carreer because I was curious and now I am hooked.But now at level 4 the things are a little bit more complicated.I got the whole collection , Ambitions rules with the washing machine and the carreers, how sad we can't have a lot of carreer fully playable.
I started to play the sims 3 with Generations.

The EP you travel is World Adventure, I love it . I visited one Pyramid with a huge swimming pool and a lot of Anubis statues but I should travel much, if only the pets allows me.So breathtaking.Gosh I understood ts4 is not suitable for gameplay I do agree but good to create.
Sims 3 is totally for storytelling.Just how sad we can't play with different families freezing the progress of the current household.I just love the life around, the sims you met everywhere, the realistic weather., you can visit your town walking on street (well they run all the time I hate that) except rabbit holes -you control your sims from outside like we got in TS4- but the surroundings.It's very addictive.I like to glance at what's happening at my neighbohood houses and on community lots.hmm my sims woohoo a lot in public but that's fun.

For the sims 2 I play with a lot of CC that always make it crashy.I just love it for being so awesome.I like decorating and I also play .I am in the studenthood now.

I am myself just a recolourer and I learnt how to convert stuffs, not so many I was successful in converting a chair lol.That's quite simple to create something for the sims, even building a house or creating a sim is already creation.

That's interesting the way you decorate and play , I am not fond of everything's old escept some meshes and exception.I just fell in live with maxis match clothes , and ts4 ts3 clothes conversions.I think they appears just fine in my game, better than the ugly photoskinned clothes.
I am sure you'll be into Modern in your own way as I like some vintage, and past centuries furnishing in my way.

And about the sims who are blocked by objets I know that too much it's very annoying, that's the reason why I don't clutter as a mad anymore , I had to bulldozed too much houses I made because of that and the crash they bring.

---

to songib67
hellowave
Yes I know that's a problem in TS3 they always want to cook when they are starving,TS2 has got the same gameplay issues.When you play at university campus as I do , my sims 2 are always starving and it's hard to follow the rythm.Plus they go to school wearing undies LOL.Thye even sometimes don't sleep etc.Too much hard this EP.

--

As you started to speak about cheats, I am also a cheaty Queen.

For the Sims 2, a friend of mine that used to play pointed me out these awesome cheats objects
The Sims Blender,College adjuster and Visitor Controller , you can find them http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=k09ilvtrenhtrhvv2mqnvklun5&board=7.0.They are working well with M&G or AL as last EP/SP.I use them frequently, hope you'll find them useful too.

foe the Sims 3 if somebody is interesting in cheating for the gameplay I use

-freerealestate to move on for free into the houses in the city
-hideheadlineobject to hide the plumbob
-testingcheatsenabled T/F : safe in this game to use.
+ some Nrass Mods.
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:57 pm

Renee, if it's sims 2 you are playing, simply open up the cheat box: shift ctrl c (at the same time)
In the box just type maxmotives and hit enter
Then all the motives will max out! Done!
songib67

Postsongib67 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:21 pm

Wow!! I am still learning ... I don't know why I never heard of this one. I will start to use it as i have always hated that Energizer pic. Thanks to all of you for teaching an old broad new tricks!
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Youre welcome!
kaelasimms

Postkaelasimms on Fri May 06, 2016 6:46 pm

dont know but it wouldnt surprise me. i think sims can be for different age groups
lorijune

Postlorijune on Fri May 06, 2016 9:50 pm

Broomhilda61: I just read your post on this topic and I practically fell on the floor laughing when you talked about the University cow.  I didn't think anyone could hate that cow as much as I do, yet I have never taken the time to trap it and kill it.  I sheepishly admit that I have a lot in my neighborhood called The Pool Of Extermination.  It's just a lot with a swimming pool with no way out once the Sims get in.  My daughter says I am evil, but sometimes your neighborhood can accumulate too many people.  I am 55 years old and drowning my unwanted sims in a swimming pool.  And in real life, I am a pastor's wife.  I'm a terrible person. hiding
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat May 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Glad I made you laugh Lori

lol..You are not a terrible person Lori..it's just omgosh..I just didn't realize that there are just as many stupid Sims as there are as many people on this planet.

I don't use the word lightly..what I mean is..it's what people and sims do that is stupid..and the evil in that cow is unreal..lol..the other two at the University is the cheerleader and the lama mascot..I haven't killed them they are just annoying and sometimes I just want to put them in the corner and get rid of them but haven't yet lol..

In 2009 when I bought my first game for myself I made a few people that I hated..hate using that word..anyway I made them as close to them as I could and then would put them on an empty lot and kill them off..stopped doing that because I found that if you have 1 person on there the game won't let you kill them off..if you have 2 or more all of them will die except the last one standing..game won't leave a lot that is occupied without at least one person..but of course that was before I found CC. lol I am sure there is a way around it..

But I also found that it was taking up so much of my game play and learning and the hate that I had for these people that I stopped doing that...they were just not worth the time or the negative energy..but that cow on the other hand I will continue putting it in a corner at least just to keep it from coming into a locked gate and house and bug my Sims lol.

Have a question with a community lot once a sim is in the pond how to do take away the board or stairs so they can't get back out..??

I am also 55 :)

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
lorijune

Postlorijune on Sun May 08, 2016 12:35 pm

Broomhilda61: I make a swimming pool with just a pool slide to get in. No diving board or stairs. The Sims will slide into the pool and then have no way out.

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum