Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
» Sims 4 Studio UPDATED 16th July, 2018
Today at 1:16 am by Lorry

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 12:37 am by Lorry

» Testers Wanted
Yesterday at 11:39 pm by croiduire

» Speed builds
Yesterday at 11:31 pm by Broomhilda

» My trip to Canada
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Broomhilda

» Tahoe´s new album 2 Sims 2 "Updated 15/7-2018
Yesterday at 10:21 pm by Tahoe

» Hi everyone!
Yesterday at 9:21 pm by neine

» 'what are you watching on' Hulu or Netflix
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by neine

» hello I'm new here..
Yesterday at 8:57 pm by Easter01

» Rosanne's Album
Yesterday at 7:48 pm by Miabee

» TS4 Unicorn related CC
Yesterday at 6:57 pm by neine

» Happy Birthday Crissi
Yesterday at 4:11 pm by Crissi

» Treasure troll
Yesterday at 3:03 pm by Broomhilda

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Yesterday at 12:40 pm by neine

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Yesterday at 12:34 pm by patty3060

If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Top posting users this month

The age factor

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MysticTrance15

PostMysticTrance15 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:24 pm

I'm 31 :-) started off with sims city (honestly the name should have gave it away but I never made the connection with the sims) then came back planning to play sims 3, I saw sims 4 was out and stopped the sims 3 download and bought 4. Been playing for over a year now and love it :-)

MissLeh

PostMissLeh on Tue May 01, 2018 2:00 am

I'm 23, I play the game since The Sims 2 (since 2007), and is my favorite game forever! The Sims 2 has a magic I can't describe. I played Sims 3 a few times but never got into it. I like Sims 4 too, nowadays I play Sims 4 more than Sims 2, but Sims 2 is my favorite, as I said xD
Mayetra

PostMayetra on Tue May 01, 2018 8:57 am

They will have to pry the Sims 2 away from me. I just can't get into the looks of the sims from 3 and 4. They just look... wrong. Plus I don't like a lot of the game play changes.

Cupcakes are just muffins who believed in miracles.  Be the muffin!
Broomhilda
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda on Tue May 01, 2018 5:55 pm

I am soooo with you May..lol giggle

NO WAY what happened to our "on strike" smilie runcircle

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

ReyerB

PostReyerB on Tue May 01, 2018 11:55 pm

Well I don't think there should be any age limit to sims addicts. I've been playing Sims for over 13 years and at 31 I don't think I'll be stopping in the forseeable future.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed May 02, 2018 6:09 am

lol, Reyer - I know I have no plans to stop building :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
ariadnebocoum

Postariadnebocoum on Sat May 05, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm 26 but have been playing since the game came out in 2000. I was only 8 years old and would cry when I would make my sims cook and the house would burn down.lol
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun May 06, 2018 7:27 am

Ahhh, such sweet memories we all have about our firsts days playing the game!

I remember that I and the children each had out own neighbourhood with our own families in it.
The babies would just mess up our families!
skanning

Postskanning on Wed May 09, 2018 4:18 am

My youngest grand-daughter Rachel (8) watched her sister Abigail (11) playing my S4 game.  When she got home she begged her mother (they have the S2 Ultimate game, no cc) to let her play the Sims.  My daughter got her started and went back to the kitchen.  Rachel created her family then watched in horror as the dad burned alive from the stove and her toddler fell asleep outside in the yard and was taken away by the child welfare worker.  She got very upset and doesn't want to play the Sims anymore.  It's kind of funny...but it's not.  I don't remember if there's a mod for death in S2 or not...I'm starting to d/l cc for my S2 game but it's all for building, not playing.  So - it seems I'll have to let her play S4 here with the "death.toggle false" set.  They'd get S4 for Christmas but the computer they play on could never handle it.  Ah, raising generations to carry the torch   giggle3

That light at the end of the tunnel?  It's a train.
The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed May 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Ah shame Darlene, it is horrible!
I remember when our youngest played the sims 1 game over a weekend. She was 8 and saw her older sister play the sims 1 and wanted a family too. When she started out all she wanted was the baby in the basinet. She knew she had to do a lot of kissing, LOL. But she did not check on the wants, so her poor lady was in the red, and did not feel like asking to have a baby.
She got up and said she is sure her sim lady is "on the pill", because nothing happens!!
I nearly fell off the chair! Never thought that she has picked up things like that, but with two older sisters, what else would one expect.

She went back to the game later, and with the help of her sister, succeeded in having a baby. I can't remeber if she succeeded in having the child grow up..... but we did have a lotl of fun.
skanning

Postskanning on Thu May 10, 2018 7:37 pm

It must be something about 8 year olds.  My daughter told me that Rachel also had a string of babies/toddlers created first and no parents!  What we tend to forget is just how brutal the game can be runcircle
That's probably why I took to building - I DO, as their creator, feel responsible for them!  lol - Therefore it's easier to create them, turn off aging and death, turn them loose - and go building again giggle I've always had the attitude of been there/done that in r/l - just let me build in peace!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri May 11, 2018 9:05 am

Oh, my - that's funny/not funny/sad!

I feel awful when I need a simmie on my lot in order to take pictures properly and I have them off to the side somewhere just standing there...

...the last one, I had her go cloud watching - for about 3 simmie days!

...thank goodness for cheat codes to keep her needs fulfilled, LOL!!!

skanning

Postskanning on Sun May 13, 2018 4:04 am

Yuppers, szanne. That's why I could never understand how simmers could look for ways to kill their sims....never, ever understood that! At my age I've watched too much news to ever think killing of ANYTHING should be fun...

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Agreed, Darlene <3

Miabee

PostMiabee on Fri May 25, 2018 11:22 am

My younger daughter always watched her older sister play Sims (They are 10 years apart in age). Can't really remember if it was Sims 1 or 2.

She could not really read yet, but she loved building houses and she wanted a family too. So we let her play on her sisters computer from time to time. So she had a family and was all happy because her Sim-woman was going to have another baby. But since she could not read, she forgot to send her older kids to school. And so right after the baby was born, social services showed up and took away all of her children.

She cried so much it was heartbreaking. And I searched the Internet, and searched and searched to find a way to undo this, but could not find anything. She was so sad and heartbroken.

And then we thought maybe she is a little young to play. That was about 11 years ago. She is now 17.

So I guess Sims has been a part of our lives for a long long time :-)
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri May 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Ah shame miabee, that is indeed a sad thing to happen.
Does she still play the sims?
It is amazing how the sims game forms part of so many lives!
I still love the game, but my oldest son, who introduced me to the sims 1, and how was an avid player for a time, just shakes his head at me when I become excited about something in my sims game. He has since moved on to other games, but he still likes to play.
Miabee

PostMiabee on Fri May 25, 2018 5:51 pm

She still plays occasionally. She is 17, will be 18 in November. The weather is nice and warm. She's got her first boyfriend.
So she does not have a lot of time. There are always places to go, things to do. And she still goes to school. She is pretty good in school, but she has to work for her success. And she does. She finishes school next year in summer. So we will see what she wants to do next.

So she does not have a lot of time. She is growing up.

My older daughter also still plays. We went out for dinner on Easter, and we actually had a conversation about how stressful it is when your Sims get triplets :-D the men at our table just looked at eachother :-D

a.ist.min

Posta.ist.min on Sat May 26, 2018 7:55 pm

Your stories are so sweet! I've been playing since I'm 9. I'm 24 now and studing Architecture. I still recall my first day as a freshman... When asked by our teachers why we have chosen Architecture at least half of my class said it was a case of early exposure in life to The Sims... agree4
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun May 27, 2018 12:10 am

Oh, that is too funny, Raquel! ROFL

TaTschu
Resident Artist

PostTaTschu on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:45 pm

Gosh, and I thought I'm at the older Part of Sim Players...lol
I'm 42 years, and I play since Sims1. I loved Sims 2, but than I made a long break. Than Sims 3 came out, but I never buy/play it. Now, since Sims 4 is there, I'm addicted again :)
When I saw all the great CC, I wanted to learn that, too. Now I recolor CC, create Walls and FLoors, for more than 2 years. But I never figured out how to mesh or convert.

My little Princess is 9 years old and she sit next to me with Hubbys Laptop and play Minecraft...lol. She is amazing with this game, make PvP etc :)

She love to play Sims 4 too, but after 30 minutes or so, she feel Overwhelmed with all my CC I have in game...lol
My Son is 18 years, and never played SIms. He is a World of Warcraft-Fan :)

Hubby love to play games too. He play atm Battle Tech. A Game with Mechs, Robots etc.

Oh my...we are a Gamer Family...lol

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:35 am

NewY4 HappyDay kissing

Tianahbanana

PostTianahbanana on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:11 am

I am currently 20 and once I get going I can be playing for hours without realising how long i have been playing for, i started playing the sims when i was around 11
Miabee

PostMiabee on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 am

Sims is a time machine. Or a time vaccumcleaner.

Once you really start playing and get lost in building or playing hours go by without you realising it.

Sometimes I think "Oh just half an hour, before I go to bed" and then the next time I look at the clock hours have past :thinkabout: and I have no idea where the time went. Since the only time that I can play in peace is the evening, often I end up going to bed like around 2 in the night :-O and the I have to get up at 7.00 and I am soooooo tired :-D
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:46 am

Brigitte, that sounds so familiar!
It happens to me too, sometimes I don't feel like playing or creating, but I go in game in any event.
Then something triggers my fancy, and before I know it hours went by!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:39 am

Oh, me, too!

I was going to bed last night at midnight and before I knew it, it was 4am!

...only problem with that for me was that I actually had to get up at 8:30am for a doctor appointment, LOL!!!

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum