Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Check out our new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

The age factor

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:28 pm

LilSister, if I did not have to update my pc, I would also still be playing sims 2. I was like you, had specific families and their generations. When I realized I could not get the sims2 installed again after the upgrade, I was heartbroken for very long.
The sims 4 grew on me, so I don't miss the sims 2 that much anymore. But believe me, I still have all my saved games savely stored away for one day.....
LilSister

PostLilSister on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:49 am

I understand how you felt about not being able to play Sims 2. I remember when my first legacy hood became unplayable I was devasted - literally. I was surprised about how deeply attached I had grown to the game. I was warned against upgrading - I have Windows 7 on my laptop and still play using my disc, although EA did give me the UC collection. I still have a copy of my very corrupt first legacy neighborhood.

I'm not sure my laptop can handle the Sims 4 graphics - I could be wrong, howenver I don't have room for 2 games. I haven't even experienced Sims 3 yet giggle3. One day I'll be able to experience Sims 3 and 4. The open world of Sims 3, generations, the vacation adventures, pie eating contents, using umbrella's with rain, houseboats and scuba diving are some of the features I like about Sims 3. Sims 4 has so many fashion choices , along with shoes!!! I also love the new appliances and relationship features. For now I enjoy both through other's games.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:45 am

Tell me more about the UC collection. I still have windows 7 on my pc as well.
My laptop is not the gaming version..... too expensive here where I live!
LilSister

PostLilSister on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:14 pm

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is a digital download of all of the Sims 2 EP's and SP's that EA offered to it's customers for free since they are no longer selling or supporting Sims 2 on disc. Although I have it - it's not installed on my laptop. I'm still playing from the disc version. I don't have a gaming laptop (that's on my wish list) but it's able to handle the Sims 2 game - I have all EP's and stuff packs. I've learned what works and doesn't work me so that I can play comfortably without experiencing crashes. I keep my downloads folder at 6 GB's or 15,000 objects.
DamnaAlexis

PostDamnaAlexis on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:09 pm

I'm almost 23 and my mother is 52, we play The Sims 2 together for more than 10 years!
My sister is playing The Sims 4 now.

I tried The Sims 3 and 4 but I cannot like them like I love 2. The gameplay is very different at all.
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:33 pm

I play the Ultimate Collection although I have most of the disks and what disks I don't have I have the digital..I see no difference with either of them..and will never leave the Sims2.. lol

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

PostGuest on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:03 pm

songib67 wrote:LilBones. you are soo right!

Renee : I also spoke to myself : I will turn 28 at the begginning of this Autumn and it's relatively old for playing the game if we believe the average.I started to play the sims when I was 16 with The Sims Original.
I even don't feel myself oppressed or at least stupid to play it .When I open my Sunset Valley or my Academie Le Tour it's my own business.Nobody can judge me for playing the game I love.It's my universe.I play with my people I love, and I have no count to give to anyone.Men loves watching Football (Soccer in US) , it's casual for them, nobody tells them : "You are too old for being a fan of Football-Soccer " let this for the teenagers .It's also casual to play the sims to me and for us here.To me there is no difference.Everybody has got the hobby of their own and video gaming is an hobby as everything else.

And about UC , that a crap they don't let it availible for download.I don't like the mentality of the Sims 4 gameplay and the modernity of it.I think I am not at home when I played it, I don't feel welcome at all .I simply loved some features as the MOO and two three stuffs as GTW but sad it's repetitive and dine out seduces me that's all.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi Lili: you are as old as my son! :girlie5:

I was introduced to the game way back when the sims 1 was released and my son asked me to buy them the game. Which I did. I always got involved when they had a new game to try, to make sure the content is safe. And as I watched them, I got hooked to the game as well.

I remember how we had to take turns to play during weekends, and we all had our own neighborhood and families! That was so much fun!

He has now moved on to other games..... those more macho... but his mom got stuck on the sims.
I am 53 now, and I still play, I build (sometimes) and I create. And I don't allow anyone to put me off my game.
The sims got me through very difficult times. Because I can loose myself in the game, and hours later realize that I actually feel better.

And what I like about the games, whichever one is preferred, is that it can be played in so many different ways. I also have little stories about each and every family I play with.
I don't think I will ever be brave enough to share it, but I love to read the "history" of every family.
I dearly love each and every one of them.

One is NEVER too old to enjoy a good game of sims.... I say.

PostGuest on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:10 pm

Anita : I also love my sims and the story I share is typically sims.I use some of my imagination to make it a bit interesting to read, a lot of people has got different ways to write and express themselves hear so.I am glad a few people reads it really because sometimes I feel a bit ashamed.Storytellers are better than I am.Don't hide yourself .Just do what you like.I use English I should not.
I just do it for myself and sometimes the real dialog are very childish as I play dolls.It's mad lol.As yesterday.I played a bit my sims 3 and Miss V invited her friends Viviane and Salomé at home (not a friend but she must be a friend of her for her work and not only so), Viviane started to say boasting to my simself and I was totally mad lol.I imagined she said : Look at my new hairstyle I am very beautiful !! lol like a 5 years old child lol.
Now I R-E-A-LL-Y don't know how to turn the story for making it less childish ...lol.
:summer1:  I can't help myself sometimes !
I love every games but I avoid violence as most as I can, indeed I rarely care of machos and killing gaming , perhaps to allow me to unwind  a bit, as I can't really play with this computer except very old games I watch youtube videos.I saw some Postal 3 violent scene it doesn't shock me lol.Postal is very violent and I don't know each negative labels this game is.The other game I play is Re-volt ('racing game) I am hooked too. I am not into a second reality when I play, I am conscious .It's just in the moment.Said I even try a torture game lol long time ago . I rarezly into fortunately .Perhaps few times in my life.

Awesome to know your son is also a 1988 baby as I am.Time passes so quickly I can't believe it's over now.Sad reality.
Oldbox
Resident Artist

PostOldbox on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:14 pm

anidup wrote:

Because I can loose myself in the game, and hours later realize that I actually feel better.

One is NEVER too old to enjoy a good game of sims.... I say.

I can confirm that
and too old for aught you are never :Spring2 summerB6 :summer5:
calisamba

Postcalisamba on Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 pm

I'll be turning 50 this summer.
luckybee

Postluckybee on Sat May 20, 2017 5:03 am

WOW! I'm in love with you! lol! Here i was, thinking everyone who plays are under 20! Specially on Tumbler! Now you have made my day sweetie! I'm gonna be 50 this year.... I've always thought that i loved the sims because i never really got to play with dolls when growing up! lmao!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat May 20, 2017 6:04 am

I just turned 56 and love, love the Sims2..it's really the only game I have ever really loved and the first one on the internet...I started playing in 2007-2008..and have been addicted to it ever since..and I will probably go to my grave playing Sims2 lol..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat May 20, 2017 8:46 am

We are a bunch of old, but very happy, chatty and friendly bones here at CBS!!
Stitchie12

PostStitchie12 on Sun May 21, 2017 12:47 am

Hi guys I am 26 and I have played the sims since sims 1.Its nice to see so many seasoned players! cutehug
TracyM

PostTracyM on Sun May 21, 2017 7:23 am

I am 45.... it's great to see a range of ages!!
Keetz87

PostKeetz87 on Mon May 22, 2017 12:57 pm

I'm 30 and I love the sims. I have been playing since I was 15 on and off. Over the last year I've been playing the sims 4 though.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue May 23, 2017 3:19 pm

I turned 55 in April :D

My sons are 25 and 28... they are the ones who got me started with ts2! <3

We definitely have a wonderful range of ages here at CBS. I love it summerB7

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
caravirt
Total Awards : 2

Postcaravirt on Wed May 24, 2017 12:26 am

I´m 58 and Sims addicted since 8 years. smile201

I knew Sims much longer - my (ex) husband used to play Sims1 since the first pack was released. But at this time I thought, it was a big waste of time viewing pixeled people walking through their little homes ... eating, take a shower, go to work ...  giggle When we got divorced, he left all Sims 1 packs in my house. Cause we spent a lot of money for them, I didn´t throw them away. Stored them in a big box in the basement and didn´t think of them for years.

Then I met my actual life partner, who has 2 children. A girl and a boy - at that time in the age of 6 and 10. Of course, they were interested in PC playing ... but he neither knew any matching games for children nor was interested in PC gaming at all. I had (and played) many games, but nothing special for kids (played adventure or simulation games like 'the settlers' or 'Anno 1602').
So I unpacked the big box and installed the Sims 1 packs for the kids. And did 'some training' in it, to be prepared to help the kids when they have problems in playing. whistle giggle3    
For the next christmas (2009) I bought the 'Super Deluxe' DVD of Sims 2 as present for the kids. Since then I´m totally addicted. ROFL winner

one life is too short ... thank god we´ve more than one  summerB15
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed May 24, 2017 2:13 am

Oh, that's too funny, Carmen :D

I am very happy that it happened, though <3

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed May 24, 2017 11:14 am

So am I.....
My eldest son told me about the new game.....the Sims 1 shortly after it was released. I was quite happy to buy him the game, since it kept them save and happy during holidays when I had to go to work, and they had to stay at home.
As with all the other games he wanted, I played it first to "screen" what he will be exposed to. So I set out to play the Sims 1, and I loved it...... I got hooked.
I can still remember so many fun moments....

Like when Vicky (being only 5 at the time, but very wise with older sisters and nieces around) when she had her couple kiss and kiss and kiss.... and never the question would pop up asking whether they should have a baby. Since that was what she wanted.... a baby! And when it did not happen, she said she is very sure that her lasy "is on the pill", since it just does not happen!!
I nearly fell off my chair! When I looked I saw the poor woman was starved to death, and as tired as can be..... who would be thinking about babies feeling like that!!

Oh, it was so much fun! The girls eventually moved on to real life scenarios, and my son to the more serious war games and the like.

I fell in love head and toes.... and have been with my sims ever since the day I brought the very first game home.

My husband does not understand my fascination at all, bu all the children humour me, and will say the required ooh's and aah's when I show them what I have done.

sjoslin1015

Postsjoslin1015 on Wed May 24, 2017 9:14 pm

:Spring3 I am 52 and have been playing for years, since Sims 1. I don't think age matters, as long as we are all just having fun !! hugss
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu May 25, 2017 2:22 am

WoooHOOOooo! I too thought there'd be an over abundance of much younger people on here, so I'm absolutely thrilled to see so many awesome people in my age bracket!

I turned 50 this year! But, you know I don't really feel any different than I did when I was 30 so I forget how old I am until I have to remember my kids ages! LMAO

I too was introduced to Sims 1 by an ex-boyfriend. I loved the game, but of course I hated the clothing, hair, furniture, etc ... but playing the game was so much fun and showed my oldest daughter the game. She fell in love with it and went out and bought it the next day.

I never bought it for a few years later, but my daughter was so addicted to it she'd buy the next expansion pack as soon as it came out and would count the days until the next one. She was so bad, that her husband who didn't work, would actually fire up the game and have it loaded and waiting for her for when she got home along with a glass of ice tea on her desk! LOL

I didn't get into it until she told me about CC! WHAT??!!!!! You mean my sims can be pretty have beautiful houses??!! THEN I was hooked, and of course, then that's when my creator bug hit me, cause I wanted certain things that I couldn't find. So, I made them. I've been addicted ever since!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat May 27, 2017 10:49 am

lol, I'm just glad for cc... heheheeheh

Seriously, who'd have thought I'd get virtual Barbie Dolls?

...and since I had those, but still just built houses for them (goodness knows I had all the stuff to do it, plus boxes, wrapping paper, contact paper, etc, and books, whatever I could find!)... my dolls languished, but their houses, apartments, and condos were magnificent!

Yep... still doing that, LOL

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 am

LOL Suzanne! Yes, The Sims ARE like virtual Barbie Dolls! And, I too made my doll's houses as beautiful as could be, my mom always had leftover wallpaper and carpet that I'd put in them, and of course fabric for curtains, and cardboard boxes could make a lot of things!

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum