Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Please vote for your May BAD Winner. Voting is now open! Voting closes on 28th May.
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Comments and Questions
Today at 2:16 am by caravirt

» Need some advise on walls/wallpaper/paint/murals
Today at 1:52 am by caravirt

» Family Time
Today at 1:10 am by Broomhilda61

» Are We There Yet?
Today at 1:01 am by Lorry

» Build It...
Today at 1:00 am by caravirt

» Black and White Living questions and chat.
Today at 12:54 am by Chicklet45368

» anneke my Sims2
Today at 12:32 am by Broomhilda61

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated May 23, 2017
Yesterday at 10:57 pm by Chicklet45368

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 25/5 2017"
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Chicklet45368

» Need help with making pictures with frames
Yesterday at 10:09 pm by Broomhilda61

» Star a forum! Just for you.
Yesterday at 9:05 pm by Broomhilda61

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Yesterday at 8:58 pm by Broomhilda61

» Funny Things That Happened In Your Games?
Yesterday at 8:09 pm by poppy100

» Hello there!
Yesterday at 7:14 pm by poppy100

» the coffee corner time
Yesterday at 3:56 pm by anidup

Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

What rules apply for old pages? (TS2)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:57 am

I have a question I wonder about, I have set it in another forum too and then the answers were slightly different. I have found a page with three small object that I would like recolor, but the creator does not go along with it but the page has not been updated since 2 / 6-2007. I will try to locate the creator? or commit to a violation if the colors on them? Now I can not, but may well try to learn it in the worst case.
I know Domicille-ntreior have done some recolor at things from this page.
Link: http: http://moonsims.asi.org/dh-sims-site/sims2sets02.htm scroll to the end of the page.
I hope someone can help me to sort things out.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Posttilly on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:40 pm

My opinion, which may differ from others, is that if its a dead site and no contact from the creator, then go ahead. They may not have anything to do with Sims anymore!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:58 pm

tahoe..I read what was said on the other site..I really feel bad for how things were put..me personally I would have sent you a pm..instead of making you feel like you should crawl under a rock..I would never have allowed that on my site..sorry you went though that..and wish I could help..keep your head up you will find a way :)

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:26 pm

I agree with Tilly.
If the creator has not updated the site, and does not react on your question, then go ahead and recolour to your heart's content.

If you wanted to share the creations, tings might be a bit different. But, I would still go ahead and recolour, just link back to the original mesh, because thereby you respect the creators work.
Should you then receive a complaint, you can just apologize and remove your recolour.

I have always had the opinion that we are a community enjoying the best aspects of the game. If you create something, and decide to share it, you should actually allow recolouring. Otherwise, I do not understand why you would feel the need to share.

But, that is my opinion, and others might not agree with me.

Hope this helps.
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks for your answers, for that is what I want to know what others thought.
Broomhilda61: Thank you very much for your words.
It feels like I asked you a "forbidden" issue, I had wanted a yes elller no and maybe a comment on what the person was thinking. Although it was not intended so did not feel the answers pleasant, sure my English is bad but I understood what it was standing on the side and I also wrote but I was still "lectured" known that and it made me both upset and sad (I perhaps exaggerating). Only one person wrote a straight and honest answer to my question.
I have decided not to put up any question about recolor there for I do not think anyone will do. And I was only supposed to use things in my game, it did not move to recolrar whole thing but just to show parts. So either get I try to teach me how to make a recolor yourself as safe will go in h ** l (forgive the expression) or continue to use things as they are. :thy:

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Do you need something recoloring Marie? Or do you want to learn how to recolor yourself? I can send you a tutorial if you need one?
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:25 pm

I know how you feel Marie..there are several sites I refuse to ever make any kind of comment on because I had made a mistake and was treated real bad for doing so..so you are not the only one out there..in some ways that is why I made my own website just because of that reason..after I made it I felt that I needed to make it for others as well..you and I are not the only ones out there that have been treated this way..and hope that my site and the few sites that I do go to and comment on like here.. :) treat others the way they would like to be treated specially when they make a mistake..

Sometime I am a little leery on making comments only because I am afraid of getting lectured or chewed out for what I say..

But then in real life I am just the opposite..I don't care what people say..I say I am not on this planet for a popularity contest or a beauty contest..haha..and don't care what people think of me..doesn't make a bit of sense but that is how I am..not a good thing sometimes..

As for your English I think it is very good considering if it wasn't then I wouldn't be able to understand you and I understand everything you have written..good job girl..

Hey tilly..I have been wanting to learn how to recolor but when I go into SimPE I go into panic mode just looking at it..and for me if someone isn't standing over my shoulder watching me I am not sure I will ever learn.. :(

Marie, have tilly teach you..I trust her to help you and I know you can learn..think positive..

Have a great day everyone..~hugs and smiles~

valentine1f

Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:16 pm

Broomhilda61: You should know that your words warm and makes everything feel better.  rose2  I intend to remain a member of that page, because I like their competitions, but I will think twice before I ask a question again.
Tilly: There are three object that I would like to have recolrade and I found a great turiotal but when I have to write the new name so it says please wait ... and then loads it, sure it may take time but I waited half an hour and I tried several times.  :puter:  I have Simpe 0.72 (alpha) and paint.net for it would be worth, I read somewhere.

Oldbox
Resident Artist

PostOldbox on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:44 pm

@ tahoe
I have colored objects of Dincer Hepguler (Moonsims) many years ago, he has allowed me. He is a very friendly and lovable person. So color them what they like, it will not be angry

Sorry, my english is bad
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:48 pm

Broomy, those are kind words. I do understand some places can be a bit harsh, what we call "clicky" here. You're either part of it, or your not. It's not like that here.
Marie, I'm not sure I understand why sim pe is doing that. I'll send you my tutorial. You need to follow it exactly, step by step. Sometimes, sim pe takes time to load and you have to wait. It depends on the size of your DL folder I think. I do know some people take a lot out of their downloads folder when they recolor, and put it back afterwards! Crissi might know more than me about that.
I'm about to go to bed, but I'll send it tomorrow. Then we will try to work it out.
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:49 pm

Conny, thank you for that. That helps us a lot. And your English is good!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:42 am

Thank you everyone, Marie I am hoping and praying for you to learn how to recolor..I want to see what you can do..keeping my fingers and toes and eyes crossed..for this to happen..lol..

Marie, follow every step that tilly gives you no matter what..and don't hesitate to ask questions..I really don't know everyone here very well..but I trust them to give you good advice..

Can't wait to see your first recolor..gives me goose bumps with anticipation cbs :hypnos:

valentine1f

Tahoe

PostTahoe on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:56 am

Thanks once again.
Conny: I do not know if you followed the debate in the other forum but now I know that I'm not doing anything wrong, and it feels good. I had only intended to use things for their own use, but they will appear on images that I post. If you still have contact with him, please send him a big thank you from me.
Broomhilda61: You write such nice things to me so I almost get teary-eyed, I have received much help from Tilly in the past when it came to my album among others.
Tilly: I think maybe it's my download folder that places a lot. But I love to try your turiotal.

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Here you are Marie, You can download it HERE
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:17 pm

It was the same turiotal that I already had, but I wonder if that can not happen with the game if I take out the download folder in the meantime. Now it takes 45 minutes to load the game (13 GB), so maybe it takes as long as you do recolor and it becomes a pain if you do several things. For I have found several things and it does not seem as difficult as imagined. So I'm willing to try and think it will be fun.
But I have to read up on the policy if I just use things in my house and not upload them? And it is permitted to have with them the photos I post?

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:29 pm

I wrote the tutorial myself, but they all say similar, as that is the dance of SimPe! My game takes about 20 mins to load not 45mins! Phew, i wouldn't have the patience to wait that long. My downloads folder has subfolders and I take folders out that I don't use much, and store them on an external computer drive. I put them back in when i need them.
I dont have any bodyshop files in my game, just build and cc. When i want to create a sim, or play, i just pop them back in. That makes it easier to load the game, and SimPe. I also delete cache files.
A lot of creator policies no longer apply, as they were written when they were active. If they havent been active in quite some time, or the site is dead, go ahead and use them. Many creators do. You can always remove something if the creator asks you to. But it has never happened to me yet.
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:54 pm

tilly, may I download that at well..

valentine1f

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum