Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. There is an issue with Photobucket: Can all members please replace missing images or the posts will have to be deleted. Thank you! Voting for June B.A.D Contest is now open. Closing date for voting is July 24th. Come and vote for your winner! Issue 2 of Bloom magazine is now out. Go and take a look!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 23/7 2017
Today at 7:52 pm by Tahoe

» Hello from Sweden!
Today at 7:43 pm by Avalanche

» Sims 5 release date
Today at 7:42 pm by Avalanche

» Would You Rather...
Today at 7:17 pm by Lovias

» This or that?
Today at 7:02 pm by Lovias

» What are you listening too?
Today at 6:50 pm by Lovias

» Sims Community: The List
Today at 6:44 pm by Lovias

» How to find our downloads!
Today at 6:21 pm by Kellichu

» How to Pose Your Sim
Today at 6:01 pm by Chicklet45368

» A few of Ivy's favourite things
Today at 5:57 pm by Kellichu

» A Challenge For TJ
Today at 5:46 pm by Chicklet45368

» Yes or No
Today at 5:27 pm by anidup

» Greetings!
Today at 4:59 pm by Kela56

» Hey y'all!!
Today at 4:55 pm by Kela56

» Hello
Today at 4:53 pm by Kela56

Whats new?

TS4: Rug Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Wicker Chair Conversion by Anidup

TS4: House by Oldbox

TS2-TS4 Conversion by Chicklet

TS4: Painting RC's by Crissi

TS4: Painting RC's Anidup

TS4: Masculine curtain recolours by Chicklet

TS4: B.A.C Espresso room recolours by Anidup

TS4: Wicker conversions by Chicklet

TS2: Sim by Maryann

TS4: Farmhouse Chic by Chicklet

TS4: Painting Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Bedding Recolors by Anidup

TS4: Wallpapers by Anidup

TS4: Recolors of EA Maxis Poster

TS4: RC Lounge set by Oldbox

S4: Curtain RC by Oldbox

TS2-TS4: Suza loft plant by Anidup

TS4: Sweet Tea Porch Set by Chicklet

TS4: Sunday Morning by Tilly

TS4: Candice Olson Bette Lounge conversion by Anidup

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2 - What Bodyshapes do people play?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MsPoppet

PostMsPoppet on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi all,

I was just wondering what bodyshapes people play?

I am currently just in the process of downloading a lot of new content and going for a complete reinstall of my game due to having way too many random files floating about and blue flashing items :(

I have ALL of the bodyshapes (I think) but cant install them all as I don't want another borked game and was wondering if people still bother with the bodyshapes and if so what are the most popular?

My faves are -

FEMALE
CPU
Faerie
VolGal
Bootylicious V2
Momma Lisa
Miana - not a popular choice I know but I like the diversity in my game
BBW
Rio
Teresa Queen
KurvyK

MALE
SBB
HBB
Punk Junkie - I struggle to find clothes etc for this shape annoyingly
LBB

partying

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Posttilly on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Oh that takes me back! It's been a long time since I've played the game. I just create these days. I used to use body shapes, and I really liked it. I didn't know all of those though. I remember bootyliscious and momma Lisa though. Problem was finding clothes that were right
MsPoppet

PostMsPoppet on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:41 pm

tilly wrote:Oh that takes me back! It's been a long time since I've played the game. I just create these days. I used to use body shapes, and I really liked it. I didn't know all of those though. I remember bootyliscious and momma Lisa though. Problem was finding clothes that were right

Hi Tilly, I know what you mean, some of the shapes like GND (girl next door - BAS adult) is gorgeous but clothes are so limited :(

There are some beautiful clothes for mommalisa (created not so long ago by MissTiikeri and some on simsomnia too) and bootlicious V2 (although some are a little risque haha)

maryann
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 7

Postmaryann on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:23 pm

At the time when I was playing, I loved testing all these bodyshapes. I always keep preciously all these files. We never know ....

My fav are : SBB - HBB - The Bear (from Montoto)

CPU - Rio - Momma Lisa -

Thank you Crissi for this gorgeous sign

my tumblr
MsPoppet

PostMsPoppet on Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:17 pm

maryann wrote:At the time when I was playing, I loved testing all these bodyshapes. I always keep preciously all these files.  We never know ....

My fav are : SBB - HBB - The Bear (from Montoto)

CPU - Rio - Momma Lisa -

Hi, I forgot about The Bear... love that one too.

I agree with you re keeping all the files precious, so many seem to have been lost along the way.

Have you thought about making some MommaLisa, CPU or RIO sims? I think it would be a really nice way to introduce these shapes to newbies within the community who might not know about them and your sims are so beautiful that they would make beautiful models :)
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Thats true, I had completely forgotten about those shapes. Maybe newbies dont know about it for sims 2. And Danys sims are always gorgeous!
croiduire
Total Awards : 1

Postcroiduire on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:23 am

Are links to the different shapes still available? I've often pondered playing them, but since I suck at meshing and recolouring, they've never seemed too practical for my games. They'd be naked!

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:01 am

I think you might still find some at insimenator.org.
Not sure though whether they are still active...
croiduire

Postcroiduire on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:12 am

They seem to be, and have a new Sims 4 section, if you're interested. Insim.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Ahhh, too cute!
Love the Ian Somerhalder for sims 2 though!!
croiduire

Postcroiduire on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:18 pm

I'll check it out. :)

MsPoppet

PostMsPoppet on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:10 pm

croiduire wrote:Are links to the different shapes still available? I've often pondered playing them, but since I suck at meshing and recolouring, they've never seemed too practical for my games. They'd be naked!

They are all still there... takes a bit of searching to find them all but for the more popular shapes there are some really nice new recolours.
Simsurbania for Warlokks - CPU, RenGal, Bootylicious, & rio. Also some teresa Queen clothes there too.
Insim for Netras Biggirl and Thick Madame
Bas(adult) for Chris Hatchs - Made of Dreams, Bootylicious (bothversions) & Girl Next Door.
Bas(adult?) for Bootycutie
Bloom - punkjunkie at garden of shadows
I think KurvyK & Sussi is also available at both insim/insimadult and bas/basadult too.

Oh, Insim for Warlokk and the Bodybuilder shapes :)

Also blueheavensimsadult site has all of the nude meshes for a plethora of shapes.

Miana shape is a bit trickier as gothplagues site is no more and the graveyard is still under maintenance but someone did upload all the files they had, I think that was one Insim.

There is also a brand new female shape on bas adult called mountain girl...with really nice cankles ;)

Hope that helps.

:lilflowers:

Last edited by MsPoppet on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more info - still more to add Im sure)
croiduire

Postcroiduire on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:38 am

Thank you so much for your research! It would be nice to have more variety.

wawayaya

Postwawayaya on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:42 am

Primarily the Sbb. Everything else is just background material.

PostGuest on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Normally none because you have to get the matching naked bodymesh and to got for the other clothes categories meshes
I just have HBB and SBB for males I never use them.
kaelasimms

Postkaelasimms on Fri May 06, 2016 6:48 pm

i usually just do the normal on sims 2, but sims 3 i make the women a little thicker
Focalor

PostFocalor on Tue May 17, 2016 12:25 am

I currently have regular Sims 2 sims, although I do have one townie with the Momma Lisa body mesh and I have the "Mechanical arm" body mesh downloaded and installed, but not used as of yet.

I'd use more body meshes, but my issue is finding clothes that fit my playing style are few and far between and I'm crap at meshing.

"Swimming in a world of creeps
Vengeance is mine now..."
Jessimikuh

PostJessimikuh on Thu May 19, 2016 4:01 am

I never liked using them, I feel like they make certain meshes look weird and it takes the fun out of being able to download clothes unless they work with custom body shapes
Sarah83

PostSarah83 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:10 am

I never used them, due to aforementioned issues with some meshes. It's a shame though, I wish my game had more variety in bodyshapes.
Lindamarie6161

PostLindamarie6161 on Thu May 19, 2016 2:24 pm

I usually make mine fit and muscular. I have to confess though to downloading a Kyllie Jenner lookalike Sims. ohno
chelsialy

Postchelsialy on Sun May 22, 2016 9:26 am

I actually didn´t know it existed! I´ll have to check it out though
Focalor

PostFocalor on Thu May 26, 2016 8:29 am

Well, I just added GothPlague's Androgyny body shape (I prefer Sexy Feet or I would have used Magpie's) and I managed to find some nice clothes to fit my game. I'll play tomorrow when I get home from work to see how it looks. XD

"Swimming in a world of creeps
Vengeance is mine now..."
LilSister

PostLilSister on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Over the years I've played Sussi, CPU, Rio, Momma Lisa, Booty Cuite, Body Builder, Slim Body Builder and the Lean Body Builder. Currently I'm only playing Rio for the adult and Teen females, WRS (Well Rounded Sim) for Adult Females, and BB and SBB for the adult men and Teen Lean Body Builder for teen boys.  I plan on adding some additional memory for my laptop so I can have all of my body shapes in game.
miros1

Postmiros1 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:19 am

First off, The Mystical One made most of the Maxis meshes available for many of Warlokk's BodyShapes. www(dot)baldninja(dot)com(slash)bodyshape(dot)php

Second, there are about a zillion tutorials, including one at The Wooden Simolean www(dot)woodensimolean(dot)com on converting clothing from Shape to Shape if you can find a similar mesh for the new shape.  You need BodyShop, but no other tools or skills, other than keeping track of which file is which.

Third, I have aspirations of setting up different games or hoods for the different Shapes. Some of my crazy ideas are:
A Fae hood with Faerie girls and Runner guys, with Enayla's Pixie skintones geneticized into the normal 1-99 range and 4 selected to replace the Maxis defaults.  Runner is a slim but not skinny shape by July77, adopted by JulieJ. I might add in a few "warriors" based on the RedCaps with body builder meshes.
A  body builder hood with BBB and Marvine's assorted body builders, the Bears, Athletic Girl, FitChick and Navatsea's "shiny" skintones.
A medieval hood with Rengals and Bears (Henry VIII was definitely a Bear for quite a while), Androgeny and the slimmer body builders.  Only a blacksmith would be as big as a HBB! There is an updated Androgeny mesh at GoS, I'm thinking Aquilegia, but not 100% sure.

AncientCastaways/Highways tool will help keep disparate sets of CC organized.  TheTigerKing has the Body Shape Organizer Kit to help you dress your Sims to match their actual Shaped and SkinlessSkintones to reduce the total size of your skintone collection.  All these are available at my site!

I'd like teen meshes to match all of these, but PierreNC's from BAS are a little too "perky" in the breast department.

I'd like a skintone for MiAna and PunkyJunky, but I don't want a whole hood full of them, and I'm not sure how or if I should geneticize them. Don't want a Sim to suddenly age up into an eating disorder!

Last edited by miros1 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added miana, punkyjunky, and more androgeny info)
Akutaki

PostAkutaki on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:54 pm

I don't use that many bodyshapes but I might start to give some diversity... But they're kind of confusing... are they attached to the clothing it comes with or is an overlay of the default bodyshape??

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum