Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

D'awwwww

View previous topic View next topic Go down

croiduire
Total Awards : 1

Postcroiduire on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:12 am

I am sharing this link because I don't want to be the only one looking at doll houses and wanting one of my very own to play with!

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Posttilly on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:17 am

Oh wow, those are beautiful. I've bookmarked it just in case I ever have a grandchild, but I would love one myself....
When I lived in London I used to visit the museum of childhood. They had all of the royal family dolls houses and they were amazing!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:27 pm

I would love to have one of those for my grandchild!! I can just imagine how many visits we will have to drink some tea out of her little teacups.... and to play make belief!

I do however have a miniature dolls house Scale 1/12. I started working on that in the year 2000, and I am still not done. Real life and "time" (money) is sometimes a burden hard to overcome.
I have promised the finished house to my daughter in law, but off course that is not a toy at all!!
croiduire

Postcroiduire on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:05 pm

They're not, but they are. *croi climbs up on her soapbox* I always gave my daughters china doll dishes years before the "recommended age". They loved them, and learned to appreciate the difference between poor and good quality things thereby. Yes, they were fragile; yes, they broke a few (surprisingly few really, although a new set was a predictable Christmas gift each year), but in the process they learned to handle and appreciate delicate things, and that they had to take care of them. I was given a half-finished doll house ages ago. It's still unfinished, but my granddaughters play with the not-toy furniture. Nothing has broken yet. Children can be incredibly careful if they are expected to be, and if it matters to them. */soapbox*

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Oh Croi, that gives me hope! I never allowed any child visitors to play with it, and the granddaughter i have is still too small. It is heartwarming to look forward to many hours of play!
We just might be able to finish it!
croiduire

Postcroiduire on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:25 pm

It is a "play together with" thing for sure, not something to let little ones use unsupervised, but imho, that's not a bad thing! Having a special "only at Grandma's house" toy to share with your granddaughters is a marvellous way to foster relationships and create memories for a lifetime.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum