Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Issue 2 of Bloom magazine is now out. Go and take a look!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Hello there!
Today at 11:45 am by Samantha61

» Sim Fans UK Updates For 2017
Today at 11:33 am by poppy100

» helloooo
Today at 11:08 am by poppy100

» hello
Today at 11:05 am by poppy100

» Hello Again.
Today at 11:04 am by poppy100

» hello
Today at 10:22 am by Lorry

» How do you stage a picture for a picture
Today at 5:32 am by Samantha61

» Atlanta,GA
Today at 4:16 am by Easter01

» Merging
Today at 2:39 am by slewis6723

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 2:36 am by slewis6723

» How Realistic Do You Want It?
Today at 2:16 am by Samantha61

» WCIF This Window??
Today at 12:31 am by Lorry

» Solved - thanks Connie, Who made these?
Today at 12:20 am by tilly

» How Did You Discover The Sims?
Yesterday at 11:59 pm by Lorry

» Are We There Yet?
Yesterday at 11:57 pm by maria562

Whats new?

TS4: Beach Kids-room by Anidup

TS4: Nautical rugs by Anidup

TS4: Nautical Posters by Anidup

TS4: Vertical Paintings by Anidup

TS4: Square Paintings by Anidup

TS3: Cactus Cushion RC by Poppy100

TS3: Teenagers box recolours by Poppy100

TS3: Light panel and cabinet by Poppy100

TS4: Dinner with Anita by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Poppy by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Suzanne by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Sam by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Lorry by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Tilly by Chicklet

TS4: Clock Conversion part three by Anidup

TS4: Clock Conversion part two by Anidup

TS4: Clock Conversion by Anidup

TS4: Louvre door recolours by Anidup

TS4: Simply Styling sideboard by Oldbox

TS4: TS3 conversion of Louvered doors by Chicklet

TS4: Cyclonesue chimneys by Chicklet

TS4: Rug Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Wicker Chair Conversion by Anidup

TS4: House by Oldbox

Misadventures In NeverView

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Focalor

PostFocalor on Mon May 16, 2016 5:30 am

So, with a little encouragement from this community I decided to create my own album here, mainly just to spam with pictures of my neighborhood, NeverView, a grungy yet colourful post-post-apocalyptic 'hood filled with characters from my own personal stories and artwork:

Given that this is the fourth version of this 'hood (I refer to it was 4.0), rebuilding and decorating is still a work in progress. For those who are interested, here is what happened to the first three versions of NeverView:

† NeverView 1.0: Nearly corrupted due to me being a Sims 2 newbie (DERP!) and I did really stupid things that led to its demise such as deleting sims from the family bin, putting occupied lots into the Family Bin, saving while a sim was on the phone, etc.

† Neverview 2.0: Became bloated with townies and NPCs to the point where it became unplayable. This was before I knew how to create clean 'hoods and before I installed despawn hacks.

†NeverView 3.0: This one worked well until my laptop experienced a "Black screen of death" that prevented me from booting up Windows and I had to reformat. I had thought that I had backed up everything, but half of my character files had somehow gotten eaten.

But now 4.0 is better than ever. I've remade and tweaked some of my oldest sims (I managed to recover files from 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 respectively), defaulted most everything in the game, taken to building community lots, and I'm trying my darndest to keep this 'hood healthy!

Also, to top it all off I've learned how to make posters! Needless to say I'm addicted...plus I've noticed a lack of horror film artwork for Sims 2. XD

The Monster Club is one of my favourite childhood films and Vincent Price is my favourite actor ever!

The works of Clive Barker influence my stories heavily, so I needed some Hellraiser wall art for my game. Once I make enough posters I might share...that is if people here on this forum enjoy campy old-school horror and fantasy like myself.

I'll end this intro here. next time I'll see about showing off some townies, some of my playable families and some community lots. Until then, here's an image of my self-sim staring creepily at the camera at the 80's bowling alley and coffee house "Starlight":

I think it goes without saying that Pooklet, Drew, and Azaya influence my decorating style. LOL

"Swimming in a world of creeps
Vengeance is mine now..."
Crissi
Administrator
Total Awards : 6

PostCrissi on Mon May 16, 2016 7:29 am

Gorgeous work - thanks a lot for sharing :girlie5:

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Posttilly on Mon May 16, 2016 9:09 am

Really interesting hood! And I love the tale of evolution of your hood. I don't play with sims anymore, but I remember those difficulties very well!
Love it if you would share your posters in the members section! I don't think there are many posters like that for sims 2.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon May 16, 2016 5:18 pm

I would love to see the pictures, but for some reason the pics do not load??
Focalor

PostFocalor on Mon May 16, 2016 5:49 pm

Crissi wrote:Gorgeous work - thanks a lot for sharing :girlie5:

Thank you. <3

tilly wrote:Really interesting hood! And I love the tale of evolution of your hood. I don't play with sims anymore, but I remember those difficulties very well!
Love it if you would share your posters in the members section! I don't think there are many posters like that for sims 2.

Thank you so much. Right now I'm taking picture of some of my community lots so here's hoping I'll have more pics up later. : )
I'm thinking of taking poster requests since they're really easy to make. XD

anidup wrote:I would love to see the pictures, but for some reason the pics do not load??

I'm not sure why. They're showing up on my end. Do you have Imgur blocked? I'm using Imgur for my uploads so I have no clue what could be wrong. O_o

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Mon May 16, 2016 6:23 pm

I can see them fine. Sometimes this just happens, I gut might be really overloaded or something. Or it might be the forum itself
Focalor

PostFocalor on Mon May 16, 2016 11:33 pm

tilly wrote:I can see them fine. Sometimes this just happens, I gut might be really overloaded or something. Or it might be the forum itself

I noticed earlier when I was viewing my own images in Imgur the number of views wasn't showing up at the top. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Focalor

PostFocalor on Tue May 17, 2016 12:00 am

Okay, I have a sinus headache but as promised I'm posting an update featuring some community lots. I decided this time around I wouldn't attach a Downtown area since I didn't feel it was really needed.

First up there's the "Coffin Bean", NeverView's little coffee shop.

I saw Azaya's version and, being a fan and collector of Monster High dolls I had to make my own. Of course I deleted some terrain paints and without concrete covering the entire lot the ground flashes blue, but meh.

I didn't make any CC featured on this lot. Most of it comes from the "Garden of Shadows" The base lot comes from a neighborhood  at "Mod the Sims" called Baskerville. I'm not that great at actually building as you all will see in a moment.

Next up is "Starlight", which is an 1980s themed bowling alley, but also offers coffee on its first and second floors.

Two things annoyed me about this lot: I wish all of my speakers would work on the lot (instead of just two) and I wish I could find some recolours of those windows.

Come to think of it it needs more coloured lights. : )

And lastly (for now): Here's a little bar I built (based on one of Azaya's lots) which I call "M.T. Muggs":

I told you I was crap at building.

I made the Vampira poster. I saw it in someone else's Sims 2 pictures since I couldn't find the original I made my own version.

Hacked beer keg! : D

I love Sim Wardrobe's classic arcade machines.

That's all for now, next time I'll show off a few more posters and hopefully some of my townies. : D

Last edited by Focalor on Tue May 17, 2016 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue May 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Yeah!!! The pictures are now all showing.
Lovely hoods, and I like your history.
The name M T Muggs for the bar is brilliant!!
Focalor

PostFocalor on Tue May 17, 2016 5:00 pm

anidup wrote:Yeah!!! The pictures are now all showing.
Lovely hoods, and I like your history.
The name M T Muggs for the bar is brilliant!!

I'm glad the images are finally working for you. Thanks. About M.T Muggs: A few years ago (like 2009) while riding with some friends I saw a used car place called "M.T. Used Cars" so I took some inspiration from that for my Sims 2 game LOL!

Focalor

PostFocalor on Tue May 17, 2016 5:26 pm

It's time for an update, and as promised...townies! : D

For the first townie here's a little back story: I had downloaded a bunch of Azaya's Frittes and Gashycrumbs (along with Fifi Ogre and Fancy Boatsink) with the intention of making them townies, then one day I got bored and started loading them up in CAS and using "Create-A-Child" repeatedly to mix and match features just to see what I would ultimately wind up with in the end.

The end result is this lady (who I made into a townie), who is appropriately named...wait for it...Fritter Gashlycrumb!

Where there is coffee, there is Fritter.

And bars!

She doesn't smile often, which is odd since she has 10 nice points.

Oh wait. There we go.

And again.

Then there's Rebecca Oni, who's named after one of my real life friends. As her name implies, she is indeed an oni, albeit broccoli-hued.

Rebecca: "I like it here. XD"

Eunice Cornell, who's name was suggested by another friend. That pun hurt so much I HAD to use it. At least it's better than Amalthea Sparklypoo, which almost became her name:

She's a sparkly unicorn! : D

See? : D

And last but not least...Velvetta Jenkins. She was inspired by a running joke between me and my mom where we'll hear certain words on TV and exclaim "That sure would make a perdy name!" Anyway, she's a journalist...and if I had remembered to install the NPCMaker hack at the time I would have tried making her my reporter NPC.

Her hair is recoloured by me, but not binned because I'm lazy.

Velvetta haet Hughbert. : (

Her hair is a majestic tumbleweed, peeking out from behind the bar...

Last edited by Focalor on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Focalor

PostFocalor on Mon May 23, 2016 10:21 pm

Thanks to @Tilly for helping me find that gosh darned letterbox. It's been driving me crazy for months.

BEO: "Hmmm...Why yes, that letterbox is indeed a letterbox".

Anyway, just a small update. If anyone likes my townies in the previous post please let me know. I'm considering offering them up for download. : D

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Mon May 23, 2016 10:52 pm

Really fantastic lots, I love them! Very unique. Your sims are gorgeous! Velvetta is stunning! I would love her in my game. :summer5:
Focalor

PostFocalor on Mon May 23, 2016 10:59 pm

tilly wrote:Really fantastic lots, I love them! Very unique. Your sims are gorgeous! Velvetta is stunning! I would love her in my game. :summer5:

Thank you for the feedback and thank you for helping me find that letterbox.

As for Velveeta, I was a little afraid she may offend people. LOL I've since binned her hair under blonde (I finally learned how to bin hairs in SimPE rather than using the hairbinning tool on MTS).

Right now I'm trying to find the mesh for her earrings before I pack her up. I think her necklace is on a mesh from Club Crimsyn.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue May 24, 2016 8:11 am

Beautiful and very interesting sims! and I love the name you gave them. So much more to offer than the ordinary names.
And then I found it very interesting to see what our members actually do in their games. You must have very colorful and interesting neighborhoods.
Thanks for sharing your pics with us.
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Mon May 30, 2016 4:03 pm

You're sims are very beautiful great work thanks for shown them to us.

PostGuest on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:33 pm

Thank you for showing your grunge hood . I love your community lots, perfect for dive bars.
Eunice and Velvetta are my favourite sims of you .
I am happy to see something different that the traditional maxis-match or over realism themes.
Focalor

PostFocalor on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:33 am

Thank you, IvyRose and Lilibones. <3

I haven't played any sims for awhile since I've been either working, helping to take care of my mom or arting. I'm thinking of buying a new stuff pack to get me back in the mood for some TS2. XD

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:15 am

I know, RL has to come first! What stuff pack are you thinking of?
Focalor

PostFocalor on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:22 am

tilly wrote:I know, RL has to come first! What stuff pack are you thinking of?

I'm think M&G since it's kind of a mini EP. I wish GameStop sold Sims games. The only way I can get TS2 if either online or if I'm lucky and stumble upon a copy in a thrift store. This is how I found the Sims 2 Holiday Edition (2006), AL, Glamour Life, and Teen Style Stuff.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 am

Have you seen this post?

PostGuest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Focalor wrote:Thank you, IvyRose and Lilibones. <3

I haven't played any sims for awhile since I've been either working, helping to take care of my mom or arting. I'm thinking of buying a new stuff pack to get me back in the mood for some TS2. XD
no problems real life first.I have the whole collection without Christmas and my favourite SP are :
Celebrations,Ikea,Kitchen and Bath,Family fun and Mansion and Garden stuffs.I don't really like Glamour but I have it .H&M is useful in complilation with Open for Business if you want to run a business but I am not sure if it's an OFB like.I don't play with shops.I just sent my sims do shopping.
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Focalor,

I love your hood. WOW!!!

It's exciting because of the imagination it takes to create a whole
hood from a fantasy.  Maybe that's why I love Harry Potter.  It
was a fresh idea with a great story.  Still Love It.

Please share your pics.  They are exciting.  They make me want
to create a new hood in my game with a couple vampires in it.

Easter01

Easter01's The Father Michael's Saga can be found: Here

Easter01's Short Stories can be found: Here

Focalor

PostFocalor on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:37 pm

anidup wrote:Beautiful and very interesting sims! and I love the name you gave them. So much more to offer than the ordinary names.
And then I found it very interesting to see what our members actually do in their games. You must have very colorful and interesting neighborhoods.
Thanks for sharing your pics with us.

Oh I totally missed your post. I'm so sorry. >_<;

Anyway thank you. I love my grungy yet colourful hood myself. Maybe I need to upload pics of the dorm I've been decorating for whenever I send Ryan kids (the Ryan's being one of my playable families and probably my favourite) to college. ^.^;

Focalor

PostFocalor on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:41 pm

LiliBones wrote:
Focalor wrote:Thank you, IvyRose and Lilibones. <3

no problems real life first.I have the whole collection without Christmas and my favourite SP are :
Celebrations,Ikea,Kitchen and Bath,Family fun and Mansion and Garden stuffs.I don't really like Glamour but I have it .H&M is useful in complilation with Open for Business if you want to run a business but I am not sure if it's an OFB like.I don't play with shops.I just sent my sims do shopping.

I don't even send my Sims shopping that much really. LOL Usually if I send them to community lots it's usually to hang out, meet other sims, or to make asses of themselves with the hacked beer keg. I'm awful I know. XD

When I found AL at the Salvation Army Glamour Life had been packed up with it in the case, so it was like I got a free game.

Right now the only business I'm running is letting one of my zombie sims remake townies using the makeup chair. I call it the "Curl Up & Dye Beauty Salon". He got a bad review when his boyfriend picked a fight with the reporter NPC though. ^.^;

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum