Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Hello
Today at 4:24 am by Easter01

» Hello All!!
Today at 4:24 am by Easter01

» Sims 4 Natatanec Bathroom "Akvaton"
Today at 4:14 am by TaTschu

» Hello!
Today at 4:02 am by alouette

» A New Day
Today at 3:57 am by alouette

» New hereeeee!
Today at 3:55 am by alouette

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 3:55 am by michelleab

» Hi! I'm new here. Thanks for letting me join you!
Today at 3:55 am by alouette

» My garden
Today at 3:53 am by michelleab

» Tillys fur babies
Today at 3:50 am by michelleab

» Jamie´s Lego built
Today at 3:49 am by michelleab

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 3:49 am by alouette

» Help please with SimPE
Today at 3:48 am by Samantha61

» A Tour Of Chicklet's RL House (Updated 9-18-17 LOL)
Today at 3:47 am by michelleab

» How did you find Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims or CherryBlossom Sims
Today at 3:47 am by michelleab

Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

Things you NEVER EVER want to do with your game..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Samantha61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostSamantha61 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:28 pm

First I want to say GOOD MORNING my simming friends..I'm in a very good mood right now..just missed having either a heart attack or a stroke or both :multistars:

ok people..I'm an idiot..trust me I am..I'm not a stupid person I just do stupid things..a lot.. thlol

I have been looking around for a long time now about the Stealth and Uber Hoods..

1-DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING thlol
Sorry had to put those in caps..small print don't work specially for someone like me who don't read small print before they do things shame

2-If you don't know what you are doing or have problems like me reading instructions, make sure you have someone that is a very patient person and can help you out step by step on doing these Stealth and Uber Hoods..believe me I know what I am talking about..

3-MOST IMPORTANT-Read the stupid instructions all the way through before doing anything..giggle3

It is 6 am here and I have been on this computer since yesterday evening..

First I put a Stealth hood in my game..I love it..but I had Jawusa from MTS help me out she was so patient with me..and she helped with a step by step with Pictures and got me my hood..

So I figured well why not ask her if she would help me on doing a Uber Hood..and which one would be the best and all that..

Well she sent me instructions but not step by step and no pictures..there was my FIRST MISTAKE...not waiting until I got picture instructions shame

Oh I followed her instructions until I got to the end and there was the last step that should have been put at the top..well like an idiot shame we should have an idiot smily just for someone like me thlol ..I didn't quiet get that last part..so I waited and waited not for a response back from Jawusa but just because I was afraid to do anything else..

But like an moron I went ahead and did that last step..which should have been at the top lol..

Went into game and had 2 Veronaville not one..angry well I didn't delete the first one before putting in the second one..so I deleted the original while in the game..2nd mistake..angry went out and went back in and then nothing nada..a thing..didn't have either of the Veronaville's..angry

Went and sent a pm to Jawusa and she came back with "Uninstalling and reinstalling wouldn't solve your problem, I'm afraid.
With "deleting" the folder, you had to take the original N003 completely out before putting in a new N003.
Never ever replace any files, that will make your neighborhood not showing up in the game."

Well that just about gave me a heart attack and stroke..believe me.. thlol because I had already uninstalled and reinstalled my game not once but 2x..

I really thought I had not just messed up my game but ruined it for good..

Well..I'm not a complete idiot thlol for some reason a while back I decided to take the Neighborhoods out so I copied and pasted them to a USB Port..don't ask my why I did it but I did..I went into that just before getting on here and guess what..I have my Veronaville's back.. NewY4

My game is back up and running like new..

Sorry this post is so long..but I just had to tell you my nightmare story..and to make sure that nobody else did the same mistakes as I did..

I could never live with myself knowing I could have helped someone and didn't..

Ok everyone, give it to me good kick me in my computer butt, slap my hands and all that..I deserve it ROFL

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Broomhilda61,

I sooo understand.  It doesn't take a lot to freeze the game up.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times.  I, finally,
started backing my game up on an extended drive which has
saved me hours of frustation.

Maybe, that's the fun part.  Our game is not like the Civilization
games (or, another game).  We can keep adding new ideas and
variety.  I just discovered, from Focalor, that I can download
bats.  BATS!!

How cool is that!
Easter01

Tell Me A Story Album:  Here
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Oh Easter I didn't freeze the game up..I just about lost the whole game by taking out a Neighborhood after I put the same one in the same folder..I would never have gotten that Neighborhood back and it would have corrupted my whole game if I hadn't uninstalled it and then put the Neighborhood back in after reinstalling it..

Oh and the bats believe me I am getting those bats laughloud

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Broomhilda,

And, there's the oops mistakes.  The mistakes you repeat.
The ones you know not to do.  And then - you do them.

Yesterday, I was making of list of the missing meshes in the
renovation house.  Then I reduced the screen and started the
search.  I was so excited when I found several items that I
immediately installed them into my game - which was running!!!

Locked it all the way up.  I know better.  Good thing I backed
it up.  Easy save this time.  But, who knows what evil lurks
in new undiscovered territories in the game.

I know the cure.  It's chocolate.  Lots of Chocolate!   giggle3

Easter01

PostGuest on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Broomhilda wrote:With "deleting" the folder, you had to take the original N003 completely out before putting in a new N003.
Never ever replace any files, that will make your neighborhood not showing up in the game."

I don't get it . I reinstalled my sims 2 game fully and patched all the EP , I deleted the Maxis one F001 and replaced it with my old one I saved on my EHD with my houses and dorms and everything works well. I wish your game will be fixed it's sad you want to delete your album because of the mess.Good luck !
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:15 pm

oh it's ok Lili and you did the right thing you took out the old and then put in the new..you didn't put in the new with the old..which is what I did..lol

Well my pictures aren't any good anymore..I don't have those Neighborhoods so will have to take the old pictures out and replace them as I go..

And Easter that's funny..so if your game is running you can't put any CC in there is that what you are saying..

I wish I could get a small screen and be able to play and be online at the same time..someone tryed to do that for me..but it didn't work..they were able to see the screen and the computer at the same time with Skype but my side it was all game..

Very little chocolate for me..lol..being a diabetic I try not to eat much of sugars and since I don't get out much that chocolate would omgosh I would weigh so much I wouldn't be able to get out of my apartment thlol

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:02 pm

I am so happy for you Broomhilda for getting everything up and running again.
I would suffer the same consequences if anything is to happen to my computer at this time!

One thing I have learnt through bad experiences like this is to always have a full backup.... just in case!!

PostGuest on Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Broomhilda wrote:oh it's ok Lili and you did the right thing you took out the old and then put in the new..you didn't put in the new with the old..which is what I did..lol

Well my pictures aren't any good anymore..I don't have those Neighborhoods so will have to take the old pictures out and replace them as I go..

Out of the topic I am sorry but : I don't think myself you can have multiple saves in the same cities with the same game as in the Sims 3 (we can do it) shorty I mean having duplicates of the same city with the same game story and myself I want to know how could I manage multiple games in mine.
I can"t wait to se your new pictures with your new ideas.
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Your right Lili you can't have more than one Neighborhood at a time..that is why I posted this because I like an idiot did that and then messed up my game..I just don't want anyone else doing the same things as I did without help.. :cbs:

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
miros1

Postmiros1 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:50 pm

There's a bulk rename program that will let you renumber a neighborhood folder and all its subfolders and package files to prevent this problem.
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:55 am

It's ok Rosalie, it was all my fault when I didn't read the whole instructions first lol..I just don't want anyone else to do the same things as I did.. and for me if there are no pictures I get lost real easy thlol

I think I know what you are talking about but can't remember the name of the program.

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
miros1

Postmiros1 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:06 am

I think it's this one: www(dot)bulkrenameutility(dot)co(dot)uk
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:01 am

yep that's the name of the program..I have never used it before..
Thank you Rosaline for that.. :)

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
miros1

Postmiros1 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:14 pm

I try to help. Annoying that I can't just put URLs yet!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:17 pm

Your ok Rosalie..lol..be patient you will be able to put up url's in time..and I was able to understand what you had put up.. :cbs:

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:26 pm

miros1,

Please send me a pm so we can figure out what the problem might be.

Easter01

:flowersmilie:

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:56 pm

Ok everyone that has the Sims2..

I contacted Origin/EA just now..and my game was corrupted..so they were able to give me a new code for the Ultimate Collection and they took off all my other Sims2 games as well as the old Ultimate Collection..so now ready to redownload it and play a couple of hours without CC..omgosh..

Also while I was at it I asked about promoting the Ultimate Collection again for anyone that has the Sims2 but they said no..you would have to call and prove you have at least one of the Sims2 games..and they will then give you the Ultimate Collection free..

It wasn't the Ultimate Collection that I was having problems with it was the fact that I corrupted the game to the point of no return no matter what I did..

The Ultimate Collection has up until I corrupted the game worked really well..so if you are afraid of getting the Ultimate Collection because of problems please get it..it's not the game itself it is people idiots like me that corrupt the game that it can't be played..

Tilly, I know you want to try out the Sims4..contact EA/Origin from this link I will be giving you..I know you live in the UK and not sure how the phone system works that way but here in the US you can register your phone number and when you ask to have them call back they will for free..

They also have a way of live Chatting so you can do it that way as well..just let them know you would like the Ultimate Collection and have your game codes ready to prove you have the game..

This information is for everyone that would like to switch to Sims3 or Sims4 but don't want to lose the Sims2 for future use..

I hope I was able to help..and in my opinion l laughloud the Sims2 is the best you will see ROFL

Now off to download the game again and see how it is playing..can't wait

Oh ya forgot to give you all the link shame

EA/Origin Help

Let me know how it goes..oh ya another thing..if some idiot wants to argue with you..get his/her name and ask for a supervisor..you don't have to give a reason..just tell them you are going to report them..believe me it works..I just went through that for about 2 mins of yelling at him to give me a supervisor..I don't put up with customer service arguing with me..

Stand your ground and don't get off the phone or off the live chat without talking to a supervisor..I know it will be stressful but in the end you will get want you went on there for..I know..I have done this many of times..have even had a few employees fired from other sites like Amazon and Wal Mart.com for arguing with me..

I'm not called Broomhilda for nothing thlol

~hugs and smiles everyone~ and have a great day

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
songib67

Postsongib67 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Broomhilda! You are giving me hope... I will try this tomorrow. Will the code from the Sims 2 pack work as proof?
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:52 pm

What do you mean the Sims2 Pack?? I would think so since you have a code..but not sure what the Sims2 Pack is..

Oh I forgot to mention..and I am not sure about this so don't quote me on it..I think they have to be registered before the Ultimate Collection came out..but don't quote me on that..I should have mentioned that in the last post and I am sorry I forgot that..

I would think that they have every single code from any Sims2 games in their system..but you never know since Sims2 is no longer supported..

I really hope everyone that has Sim2 can at least try out the Sims3 and Sims4..without losing the Sims2 for good..

~hugs and smiles everyone~

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum