Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. May BAD Winners are announced! Congratulations!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» May BAD Winners!!! ♥
Today at 1:20 pm by Crissi

» Bloom Journal Issue 1
Today at 11:37 am by poppy100

» Guidelines
Today at 11:25 am by poppy100

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated May 28, 2017
Today at 11:12 am by poppy100

» coffee time
Today at 11:04 am by poppy100

» the coffee corner time
Today at 10:59 am by poppy100

» The "ing" game: (New game!)
Today at 10:43 am by Lorry

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 25/5 2017"
Today at 10:39 am by Tahoe

» DOTY GOOOOOOOOOOO Cheeries!!!
Today at 10:35 am by Tahoe

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 10:31 am by poppy100

» Bloom Updates for May 2017
Today at 6:40 am by Broomhilda61

» Are We There Yet?
Today at 4:18 am by Broomhilda61

» anneke my Sims2
Today at 3:22 am by alouette

» Comments and Questions
Today at 1:42 am by Lorry

» a question ''Anidup ~ Crissi ~ and I think Tilly
Today at 1:37 am by Lorry

Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

{SOLVED}Computer and Sims2 messed up

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Broomhilda61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:41 pm

Oh the joys of being an idiot lol.. runcircle

Well I haven't been able to play my game and my computer is messing up..waiting on a call back from Origin to get things fixed.. bored

Did a factory restore on this computer last night thinking I can fix the problem with that and oh the joys of being an idiot..lol  shame

That didn't fix the problems..Can't get Origin to download..going through Sims2 withdrawals right now runcircle

And with my Sims2 disks/or digital with Double Deluxe wouldn't download either..and my Ultimate Collection didn't uninstall or reinstall correctly  angry

Just letting you know I maybe in and out but not posting anything until this is all fixed..

10 or minutes or so and Origin will be calling me back..will let you know what happens.. bored

Last edited by Broomhilda61 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:48 pm

consol1 OMG!

Broomhilda, I hope all gets fixed real soon.

Easter01

Easter01's The Father Michael's Saga can be found: Here

Easter01's Short Stories can be found: Here

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Me to..driving me nuts here lol..

Well off for now..waiting on the call back..let you all know what is going on..

Have a great day everyone.. :summer2:

UPDATE:

Ok not sure what happened but was able to get Origin downloaded..Oh I found out that all the Sims2 disks are no good..can you believe that..$200 and 4 years to get all of them as well as the digital..and they no longer work..you have to have the Ultimate Collection..

So if you try and reinstall them be aware that they may not work or don't work..so if you have the Sims2 disks installed all ready..DON'T Uninstall them..unless you have the Ultimate Collection..

I asked the guy from Origin a bit ago that I wanted to use the disks and he said they are outdated..so they won't work anymore..

I am in the process of installing the Ultimate Collection and I hope after doing a factory restore my game is clean of all CC and Neighborhoods/Sims that I have created..

valentine1f

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:14 pm

All is good.. f

Ok I really thought I was a goner for playing Sims2..

Have my Origin up and running and have my Ultimate Collection up and running.. :Spring2

Now the hard part putting a little bit of CC in at a time and then make sure it went in properly..I was able to save most of my CC download folder..but not all of it..so not even sure what is there and was is missing..what a mess..lol

valentine1f

Lorry

PostLorry on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 pm

summerba runcircle danceani I love good news yourock Congratulations Broomy you are back on board! koalahug
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:38 am

lol thank you Lorry.. It's going to be a while before I can even really play..but just got to thinking I may just download that house for renovations and what I need for it and just do that for now.. danceani boy I got lucky with that one..my brain didn't fart ROFL

Off to download that house and what I need for it.. summerB6

valentine1f

Lorry

PostLorry on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:29 am

AWESOME HappyDay
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:07 am

Oh Broomy, that sounds awful. I think I would be climbing up the wall. Good to know about the discs being updated! summerB15 danceG
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:26 am

Oh tilly no the disks are not going to be updated..he told me that they were out of date and and the only way to play is with the Ultimate Collection..so if you have the Sims2 disks installed and you tend to play Sims2 in the future keep them installed..

And it looks like my CC is being downloaded properly as well..but have to start all over again on the CC..but for now I am just going to download the CC I need for the house renovation..

valentine1f

poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:39 am

I'm so happy for you Broomie that everything is working again,  sweetdance  rainyday  sweetdance

because what we are,, without the sims !! scared

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:18 pm

lol your right poppy about scared not having to play..boy that's sad when your life revolves around the Sims.. lol..

Oh I do my real life house work, take care of grandkids and all that but then right back here..and today is paying bills and taking my sons dog and cat to the vet for their shots lol..Terry don't drive so I have to take him..he would rather walk than drive he said he can't multi task when driving and it scares him to death to drive so he's never had a driver's license he's 35 ..and hurry back here to play the game haha..

Off for now real life is calling me runcircle

valentine1f

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Listening to what you are saying Sam, it seems like I will never be able to play the sims 2 ever again!!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:51 pm

Oh don't say that Anita..what I was thinking of doing is going onto Origin and posting a plea for everyone that has Sims2 disks to get them to give the Ultimate Collection a second chance for the people that didn't get it the first time..

It don't hurt to try right..may do that right now..

Be back in a bit..

valentine1f

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:39 pm

A Plead for the Ultimate Collection to come back..

I found out yesterday that if you have the Double Deluxe then you can't use it anymore..you have to play the Ultimate Collection..

Well there are a lot of Sims2 players out there that didn't know that the Double Deluxe can't be played anymore it's out dated they told me..so if you are thinking of uninstalling your games you won't be able to play them unless you have the Ultimate Collection..that's not a good thing..

I am here to plead with EA/Origin to bring out the Ultimate Collection again for those that never thought their disks would go out of date so never got the Ultimate Collection..I have a few friends that want to try out the Sims4 but can't now if they want to continue playing Sims2 in the future..

How can we get the Ultimate Collection back please..

Thank you all for your help in Advance..

This is what I posted over at EA help center..I hope it gets a lot of response..I may even call Origin lol in a few days to get something there..

valentine1f

celebkiriedhel

Postcelebkiriedhel on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:46 am

Broomhilda - Although they are saying that, it isn't actually true.

I've been able to install my games on my machine and I'm helping a friend to install hers up to today.

The disks are not supported by Origin, but they are not unusable. Sims 2 is outdated compared to Sims 3 and Sims 4. Because they are not supported by Origin, they will not help fix any problems with the CDs/DVDs.

I have a forum at Leefish where I fix all of this sort of stuff. (Not suggesting that you should go there for help, but there's lots of help around for getting Sims 2 installed from the CD/DVDs ). You shouldn't be forced to get the ultimate collection which has some problems unique to it rather than the CD's / DVDs that you've already paid for.

songib67

Postsongib67 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:08 am

Hi Broomhilda61

I called Origins yesterday to plead for a download of Sims2, They had me on hold forever. I told them that I was an old member and that my game was acting up to no avail. They said that they may get something going but, I think that they were trying to pacify me.
I didn't realize the harm I was doing to my game when I deleted the families that came with the game. Which I did all the time. 
I can still play the game but, weird things happen in the game. I have always been able to redownload my game... I don't have the double deluxe. I am with you though in thinking they should do something for us.
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:41 am

Renee-yes by deleting the Sims you have corrupted your game..I hope you can get that fixed..have you tried uninstalling and installing the game again..I hope you can reinstall them if you uninstall I am afraid you may not be able to reinstall them again.  

celebkiriedhel-it is true the disks are no longer supported by Origin..they said that the disks are no longer supported and if you can't download them the only way to play Sims2 is with the Ultimate Collection..I spent several hours yesterday with Origin and they were a very big help to me....first guy wanted to argue with me..and that is a no, no..so got a supervisor and he is the one that spend several hours with me..then turned me over to someone else who spent several more hours with me trying to get Origin to redownload and the get the Ultimate Collection to download properly..by that time I did a factory restore..

celebkiriedhel when was the last time you uninstalled your game and then installed it back..

This is what I am getting when I tried to download the Double Deluxe with the disk and by going into Origin and trying that way..

The Network is having problems: The download Server is not responding..Please give it a few moments and try again. If the problem persists please contact Origin Help. Submit an error report.. they looked into that and to try and figure out why it was saying that..

When I told them that, that is when they said that the disks were no longer supported..if others can install the Sims2 Double Deluxe please let me know..how you did it..

I trust EA/Origin completely they have been very good to me..

Like I said if you can get the Double Deluxe to download let me know how you did it..if I can't get that to download then I can't see if the other disks will download..

valentine1f

Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi All,

I saved this wonderful post from the Numenor several years ago.  I don't know if it will help
anyone with the origin problem, but it will help bypass that annoying Sims launcher.

This entire fix which follows is quoted from Numenor.

Problem

You may find, after installing Bon Voyage, FreeTime, or any later EP; that the game thinks you
have uninstalled a previous Expansion Pack, and gives you a warning that continuing may remove
game data. Or of course, you may just not like the launcher.

Solution

You can bypass the launcher screen, so that it won't show up. This will also fix problems with
the game thinking you've uninstalled EPs, as it's the launcher which causes this issue. If you
don't understand the short instructions, there are more detailed ones below.

The Short Instructions

• Open the Properties of the game shortcut in your Start Menu/Desktop/wherever.
• Change the target from "Sims2Launcher.exe" to "Sims2EP6.exe"for Bon Voyage,
or "Sims2EP7.exe" for FreeTime, and hit OK.

The Long Instructions

Open your start menu, quicklaunch, or desktop - wherever the icon you use to
start the game is. Right click the icon, and click Properties

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe"

You'll see in the Target box, it says "Sims2Launcher.exe". This is the bit we need to change:

Replace "Sims2Launcher.exe" with "Sims2EP6.exe" for Bon Voyage or "Sims2EP7.exe" for FT, and press OK.

Done!

Credits: Numenor

I am truly thankful he shared this information.
Easter01

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Thank you Easter..will have to try this out..oh and thank you so much for pictures :summerB10:   can't do a thing without those pictures haha  :Spring2

Just got to thinking on this..this will only work if you have the Sims2 disks already downloaded..it won't help me out.. :(

valentine1f

celebkiriedhel

Postcelebkiriedhel on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:58 pm

broomhilda -

My friend is currently re-installing her game this week, so that recently. I did mine about 3 months ago.

Do you have the physical disks? Both I and my friend have them and that's where we are having no problem installing them.

Origin isn't supporting the digital download of the individual disks, but I understood from your statement - "Oh I found out that all the Sims2 disks are no good..can you believe that..$200 and 4 years to get all of them as well as the digital" that you had both the physical disks as well as the digital download. Maybe I misunderstood?

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:08 pm

I have the Double Deluxe and most of the other games on disks..I have a few that are digital that I couldn't get the disks for..

And when I use the disks or go into origin and try and download it, it is saying the same thing..

valentine1f

Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:18 pm

I think where I'm a bit confused is exactly which game? Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims4.

Isn't the Double Deluxe for Sims 2?

Whereas, Orgin is for Sims 3 and Sims 4?

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:20 pm

I have Sims2..and Origin isn't just for Sims3 and Sims4..they have lots of other games other than the Sims..if you go into Origin that was downloaded onto your computer and go into the store you will find a lot of their games..

valentine1f

Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Broomhilda,

I did look.  So, which game is the problem? Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4?

(Just wait until Sims 5 comes out with a whole new set of problems) thlol

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Sims2 Double Deluxe..is my problem..

after spending $200 and 4 years getting them..and now finding out they are no good..Unless they come out with the Ultimate Collection for 3 and 4 for FREE, I'm not buying anymore Sims disks or digital downloads..

I'm going to wait till after the Holiday..and then on Tuesday going to call them back and see what I can do here..

And now last night I went downloading everything back and my clothes and hair are not showing up in either Bodyshop or CAS..

Just about in tears doing all this..and you know what I'm not even mad..I'm so tired of it all I can't even get mad about it..

valentine1f

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum