Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area.  All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!    Check out the new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store. Bloom Magazine issue 3 is now out! 
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Autumn Siggies 2017
Today at 4:58 pm by Crissi

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 4:13 pm by sunkal

» The age factor
Today at 3:36 pm by Ginnie

» Mama bear papa bear and baby bear shirts for sims4
Today at 2:23 pm by anidup

» B.A.D Contest October: Questions and Comments
Today at 2:19 pm by anidup

» Autumn Avatars 2017
Today at 2:17 pm by anidup

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Today at 2:04 pm by anidup

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 2:03 pm by anidup

» Solved-I am so sorry! :(
Today at 2:07 am by Chicklet45368

» TaTschu Sims4 CC 17. October Updates 2017
Yesterday at 4:21 pm by TaTschu

» Hello! :)
Yesterday at 3:50 pm by anidup

» Helllo
Yesterday at 3:49 pm by anidup

» Patty3060 Sims4 House 16/10/2017 Update
Yesterday at 10:55 am by patty3060

» hello :)
Yesterday at 4:06 am by mckenziesprecher

» Family Time
Yesterday at 3:21 am by EziosMinionSixx

Whats new?

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Designer bathroom walls by TaTschu

TS4: Tahoes House by Lorry

TS3-TS4 House by Lorry

TS4: Under the stairs by Lorry

TS4: Ocean Breeze by Lorry

TS4: Fight like a girl by Chicklet

TS4: Cassandre's toy conversion by Anidup

TS4: Old Wood floors by TaTschu

TS4: Peyton by Lorry

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

[solved]Windows 10 & Sims2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Samantha61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostSamantha61 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:36 pm

Yes it is safe to play all your sims, just don't delete them lol.. niceday

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Jade1_nl

PostJade1_nl on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:54 pm

I had the same problem..It got me pretty upset. My husband installed windows 10 where I had my sims on, and it crashes everytime I try to go in.Then he reinstalled it windws 10 and it worked, only now I get to see those rectangular shadows underneath them, but I can fox it in graphics from high to medium. I am not sure it will continue to work a next time I try, but I will let you guys know...The thing is, I have all my game process saved and I do NOT want to lose them. So he saved them, and put them back in. He does not want to go back from windows 10, since it's his pc (sigh)..But I will see when I try again. I hate it when it happens. I will let you guys know
nmosteo

Postnmosteo on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Jade1_nl wrote: I get to see those rectangular shadows underneath them, but I can fix it in graphics from high to medium.

I have Windows 10 installed in my laptop and Sims 2 Ultimate Collection run without problems. At the beginning I saw this ugly rectangular black shadow under my sims too but I found a solution in "Mod The Sims".
With that file I didn't touch the quality of graphics.
Jade1_nl

PostJade1_nl on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:10 am

Yes, indeed. But you know what I just did? I just changed the graphics, in Options, the shadow option was on high , I put it on Medium, and it was gone!

Update: I played it today, and it's working fine!!! So, indeed no problems so far..I'll check it again, tomorrow

Nighty night, everyone!
Jade1_nl

PostJade1_nl on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:07 pm

Guys,

Maybe you have it all sorted out, but I promised to give a 2nd update after reinstalling the game on windows 10. It is working fine...I m having a blast again, and so do my girls who play. Only thing , sometimes, it cashes while on community lots. It did it lot before already, but jst that is the only soreness it gives me now...

Happy simming!
songib67

Postsongib67 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:41 pm

Jade1_nl

So glad to hear that you have your game back. I was lost when I did not have mine.

To Everybody,

I am still working on my 217, Wright way. I keep altering the whole building and changing the furnishings around. I am enjoying every minute of it. One night, I spent 2 hours on a bedroom and then decided I didn't like it.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:55 am

Ah Renee, that sounds so familiar.
Sometimes I have a scheme in my head as to how I want a room to look and which colours to use, only to see when I am done that almost nothing is the way I planned it!
I even at times use a picture as a reference, and even then my rooms come out very different.

Sometime I like what I have done, and sometimes I just trash the whole room and start over.
But, even if I am disappointed about the room, I enjoy putting it together.

I hope to see your house soon!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:33 am

That's funny Renee and Anita..I don't do that..I take my time and I usually know what I want and how it goes..never have I trashed a room or the whole house after doing it..lol..

But with these contests I am just not liking the way the rooms comes out no matter what I do..I guess it's because I am out of my comfort zone and the things I have to use are not my style..

I also hope to see your house soon Renee :summerBa:

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
songib67

Postsongib67 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:15 pm

I will try... I feel like the amateur compared to you guys. Will keep striving for greatness!
sagana

Postsagana on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:43 pm

If you're having trouble with sims 2 and windows 10, there's a forum at Leefish with a lot of information (different threads for different graphics cards/problems) and celebkiriedhel there helps when she can. She's *such* a sweetie, but hasn't been feeling too well lately. I think she might be getting better now.

[I can't post the leefish link, but I think a search will bring it up. It's called Leefish and you'd want the sims2 graphic card forum. What a strange rule. Was the site hacked and someone posting bad links or something?]

I'm still on 7 and they'll pry this computer out of my cold, dead hands ;) But I played Castaway recently and had the blocks under my sims feet until I changed the settings to medium for the shadows.

Sagana, aka Laura
Augiedoggy

PostAugiedoggy on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:08 pm

I didn't download the new windows update as my friend who has an older computer like mine (going on 9 years with my precious!) said his computer totally crashed and he had to buy a new one after installing Windows 10
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:36 pm

I totally agree with you all. I have Vista on my laptop and it works fine. My Sims 2 game and my Sid Meiers games are not compatible for Windows 10. I guess they want me to buy all new software. Of course, I would be willing if they picked up the tab for them.

There is another thing about the Sims 4 - I don't care for the disney face sims. The colors are off the chart beautiful for the content. But, with a lot of hacks and lots of custom content my Sims 2 game is perfect for me. I love the game play. (I have zero  interest in graphic designs for meshing and recolor)

My hubby has Windows 10 and he's not happy with it.  There has been a fair amount of growling on his side of our office since he switched over.  I think I'll keep my labtop for gaming.

Easter01

:flowersmilie:

Tell Me A Story Album:  Here
Jade1_nl

PostJade1_nl on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:28 pm

I know...Windows 10 can suck, indeed. And Renee, yes, I too tend to spend hours on a house but I enjoy doing it...Hoe to see your masterpiece soon once you're done with it
keny1912

Postkeny1912 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:24 pm

I didn't download Windows 10. I really didn't want to lose my sims 2. I originally played sims 1 and had to update to sims 2 when I bought a new computer which wasn't compatible with sims 2.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum