Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Scandi Crush, our summer download theme is now open. Take a look in our artists category!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Tillys fur babies
Today at 9:16 am by szanne7000

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 9:15 am by szanne7000

» Just A Few More WCIFs.
Today at 8:44 am by Focalor

» PimPE and hidden pictures/objects
Today at 7:02 am by szanne7000

» Purging, Merging, and Crashing, Oh My!!
Today at 5:42 am by Samantha61

» hiiini am new here
Today at 1:48 am by szanne7000

» Hiya!
Today at 1:44 am by szanne7000

» Hi all!
Today at 1:43 am by szanne7000

» Sitting Set for sims3 asked
Today at 1:39 am by szanne7000

» How to find our downloads!
Today at 1:37 am by szanne7000

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 1:35 am by szanne7000

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 1:33 am by szanne7000

» Word association
Today at 1:32 am by szanne7000

» Sims 4 natanec Wicker Armchair
Today at 1:32 am by alouette

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 1:30 am by szanne7000

Whats new?

Scandi Crush Summer Theme

There's much more, so take a look!

TS4 Scandi Crush Living room by Chicklet

TS3 Recolours by Poppy

TS4 Scandi crush gallery by Oldbox

TS2 Scandi crush Sim by Maryann

TS4 Scandi crush rugs by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush bedroom by Chicklet

TS4 Scandi crush hallway by Anidup

TS4 Scandi crush summer house by Tilly

TS4 Scandi crush Kirkenes by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush paintings by Crissi

TS4 Scandi crush design gallery by Tilly

[solved]Deleting CC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:37 pm

I've spent a lot of time recently going through my CC folders and organizing everything when I had a thought. I realized I had no idea the answer to my question and wasn't very successful on finding anything to help me. dontgetit

My question is: if I delete CC from my downloads folder does it delete it from the game? And vice versa?

I feel like I've deleted so many things I never use or don't want, but when I go in the game they're still there. My folders are so large and it takes such a long time to start my game. Help?! runcircle
StephSim

PostStephSim on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:13 am

Hi Alouette!

Many of us have had a love-hate relationship with our Downloads Folders at some point.  buddy

My suggestion is to organize and store your Downloads somewhere else on your computer. Try to keep the in-game Downloads Folder for playing the game, only with things that are being used or for looking at new things before deciding if you want them to remain in your game or not. I have a Download Archives folder that I keep elsewhere on my computer.

People sort their things in a variety of ways. What works for me is to organize my things by creators. My Archives Folder contains several categories, like CC, Clothing, Hairs, Sims, Accessories, Hacks, etc. I also keep a picture for each item, so I will remember what it looks like. But, this is my way. I'm sure you'll find something that works for you.  :2hearts:

Believe me...I have obsessive organization issues!  giggle

But, when I build a lot it's quite easy for me to find things these days in my archives. It helps me to keep extra things out of my Downloads Folder. Newly downloaded stuff goes in the Archives folders...not in my game.  Then, if I want to take a look at something, I copy it from my Archives to my Downloads Folder. It took me time to get things into a system that works for me. But it has been worth the effort over the years.

:flowersmilie:

My in-game Downloads Folder is organized in as simple a way as possible. I tend not to use too many sub-folders (as this can slow the game down). Most of the time I have Hacks, Objects and Maxis Recolors folders. This helps prevent duplicate files as well.

As for your question...
If you delete something, it usually is gone with a few exceptions. If it is still there, you may have more than one copy of the item in your folders (especially if you keep sub-folders in your in-game Downloads Folder). Sometimes you just have duplicates of the same item. Other times, you may actually have an old version and a new version in your game that share the same GUID. So, deleting one will leave the other. An object also may remain if you deleted the slave or a recolor instead of the actual mesh.

Hope this helps. :prettyplants:

Last edited by StephSim on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:33 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarifying...)
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:54 am

I also love to organize things. I have folders from every side that I have downloaded and in folders on the downloaded set, many different creators, I have it sorted there, too (eg CBS / Crissi / blanket8-3) so you can see that if you have duplicates. But I usually check with a clean installation, and then press the MD5 because then those things one after the other that you have duplicates (duplicate is pink) and it is easier to see what to delete. And to avoid the risk of deleting something that I might then want back, I usually avoid removing it from the game instead do it via the Download folder and keep it in a place two cells. I have a download folder on 13,4GB so there is some order.
Another tip I've learned how to make icons to buycategorin in the game which is great if you have a lot of things you want to keep track of. (Perhaps a little OT)
Hope that you understand when it can get a little crazy with Google translate.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Posttilly on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:16 am

Yes, Ive had that problem. It is mostly because you have another copy of it somewhere, as Stephanie explained. I scan every now and then using Delphys download organiser. I also do a search on my downloads folder for a mesh and im always surprised when several of the same mesh appear.
Every so often, i remove my entire downloads folder, and only put back what i really want in my game. Im a builder so i dont need any bodyshop items etc. If i want to create a sim, and i sometimes feel in the mood, i pop back my bodyshop folder. Once im done with that, i take it out again. it works for me!
I really, really do need to do some spring cleaning of my DL folder. Its got very messy!
songib67

Postsongib67 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:03 pm

I agree! sad but true!
mirissa777

Postmirissa777 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:23 pm

I created multiple user accounts on my gaming pc just for the sims 2. One account has only mid-century CC, so when I want to create a mid-century lot, I use that account. One account has only victorian CC, one medieval CC, one modern CC, ect. This way I get to keep all the great creations I have downloaded over the years, but I no longer have an overwhelming amount of CC to go though when I want to build something.
Augiedoggy

PostAugiedoggy on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:27 pm

I found if you delete items while in the game, they just come back when you load the game again so thats a temporary delete. You have to delete from the actual downloads folder. Whats the hardest is sometimes you just can't find the item cause the creator didn't name the item like "plaid couch" they named it "red green couch" something or other.
songib67

Postsongib67 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi Auggiedoggy, I have never had that happen in my game. Did you click on save the game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum