Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area.  All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!    Check out the new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store. Bloom Magazine issue 3 is now out! 
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Autumn Siggies 2017
Yesterday at 10:24 pm by anidup

» B.A.D Contest October: Questions and Comments
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by Ranapeach

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by patty3060

» TaTschu Sims4 CC 17. October Updates 2017
Yesterday at 4:21 pm by TaTschu

» Hello! :)
Yesterday at 3:50 pm by anidup

» Helllo
Yesterday at 3:49 pm by anidup

» Patty3060 Sims4 House 16/10/2017 Update
Yesterday at 10:55 am by patty3060

» hello :)
Yesterday at 4:06 am by mckenziesprecher

» Family Time
Yesterday at 3:21 am by EziosMinionSixx

» Sims 4 Pink wallpaper
Yesterday at 12:25 am by lorise59

» Hi :)
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:51 pm by Chicklet45368

» Hey!!!!
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:50 pm by Chicklet45368

» Hi from NY!
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 pm by Chicklet45368

» How do you post?
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 pm by Chicklet45368

» Hello ! :)
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 pm by Chicklet45368

Whats new?

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Designer bathroom walls by TaTschu

TS4: Tahoes House by Lorry

TS3-TS4 House by Lorry

TS4: Under the stairs by Lorry

TS4: Ocean Breeze by Lorry

TS4: Fight like a girl by Chicklet

TS4: Cassandre's toy conversion by Anidup

TS4: Old Wood floors by TaTschu

TS4: Peyton by Lorry

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated October 13, 2017

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

maryann
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 7

Postmaryann on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Such a gorgeous house! I love it     :enjoySummer:

Thank you Crissi for this gorgeous sign

my tumblr
Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:07 pm

Pretty interior! So detailed! Love to see more of your houses!
candyhouse
Total Awards : 2

Postcandyhouse on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:33 am

Hello Suzanne! Your decorating and your pictures are awesome!

I'm liking SIMS4 more and more ( I keep saying that over n over ) I'm still in SIMS2.

Seriously great stuff!

:Spring2
szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:55 am

Hi Anneke and Anita :D

Thank you both for the compliments!

(23+gigs of cc... lol... it is one of the reasons it takes me so long hehehehheheh - searching!)

Anita - I'm more than happy to wcif for you... I told Avalanche I'd figure out a way to upload the beach house, but first I need to do a cc list... :)

Send me a list... :summer3:

Edited (so as to not double post)  :summerBa:

I have to make sure I check past the page, LOL

Dany, Avalanche, and Colleen - Thank you!

I do love building and decorating... I didn't think I'd be happy with ts4, as one cannot build quite the same way as in ts2 or ts3, but... But, my game is way more stable (even if it takes a long time to load). I save, a lot. However, none of the major crashes I used to get. Thank goodness for all the utility programs to keep my files clean (dupe detector, mod conflict detector, to name a few... I've not had to merge files in ts4. I just make sure folders aren't too much over 1gig in size).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Truly, I cannot believe how much all of you like my stuff - it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Thank you, again and again, for such a warm welcome to this sims community. inlove34

And... Crissi... oh wow is my signature image gorgeous!!!

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:20 am

Here are my wcif:
In the first set of pivtures: the golfcart and the ceiling fan.

In the second set: The dining chair, pears deco, and the giraffes on the counter.

In Maura Isles apt: the big black giraffe, the lon sculpture in the bookcase.

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us!
Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:48 pm

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:52 am

Hi Anita - :gardening:

Here is all the info for your wcif list:

Golfcart
st2 to st4
13pumpkin
hellhasspoken.proboards.com/thread/1028/march-madness-2016?page=4

Ceiling Fan
ts4
Kardofe (TSR)
Colonial Bedroom Star Ceiling lamp with fan
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-objects-furnishing-lighting-ceilinglamps/title/kardofe_colonial-bedroom-star_ceiling-lamp-with-fan/id/1342034/

Dining Chair
MXIMS
ts2 to ts4
RH Dining
RH Bruno Leather Chair
http://mxims.tumblr.com/post/143540634152/rh-dining-1-lauren-armchair-2-industrial-pendant

Pears
msteaqueen
ts2 to ts4
Cassandre's Biological Food
http://msteaqueen.tumblr.com/post/121074864069/ts2-t0-ts4-cassandres-biological-food

Giraffes
msteaqueen
ts2 to ts4
Sims Creativity's Giraffes
http://msteaqueen.tumblr.com/post/133070298749/ts2-to-ts4-nanus-selle-herka-living

Big Giraffe
Severinka
ts4
Zanzara Decor
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Severinka_/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-decorative/title/zanzara-decor/id/1334470/

Lion Sculpture
msteaqueen
ts2 to ts4
Wallsims Lion Sculture (from Wallsims' ts2 Malmo Dining Room)
http://msteaqueen.tumblr.com/post/132751221409/ts2-to-ts4-nanus-cluit-living

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:57 am

Thank you thank you!
Beautiful stuff.... never saw the small giraffes.
Now I am off downloading the beauties!
:redrose: :redrose: :redrose:
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:57 am

You are most welcome, Anita...

...I only saw them because I looked at everything that day... :prettyplants:

(sometimes I just click download and get surprised, lol)

Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:35 am

I love your photos like when there are much clutter, the houses look so alive then. I have my beloved TS2 and think I have much cc (13,4GB) but there are those who have other than what I have. It is sad that it takes such a long time to load.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
songib67

Postsongib67 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi Tahoe,
I have suggested my plan before but, here goes. I only have  maybe 4-5 thousand gb's on the lot I am working on. If I need anything else for the house I get it out of my downloads that is stored on my portable usb port. I don't even have to return it when I am done as there is always a copy there. This leaves me plenty of space on my lot and things move along at a much faster pace.I sort thru my folders on my sims2 cleaner to find the exact item I want from the particular folder
My game loads in about 5 minutes. Good luck!
StephSim

PostStephSim on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi Suzanne,
Just wanted to add to the comments here...  flirty

For Sharing Such Lovely Images! Your house is stunning.

I can definitely appreciate the eclectic use of objects in your space. And when I say 'eclectic', I mean it in the most sincere and beautifully artistic way. giggle  

Some people marry things together that don't quite appeal to the senses. But I greatly appreciate your creative use of colours and textures in a way that simply "works". It  truly has brought your lot to life. :lilflowers:

I also find the boldness of your design refreshing. I squee-ed with joy over the infinity pool and how you captured every aspect of the Paradise Found atmosphere. The pool added great depth to the view. Very nicely done. I also love the richness of the textures used and the range of colours.   :2hearts:

Oh...but the thought of shopping sprees and linking directly to objects...How sweet of you! :girlie5:  

Sharing lots can be quite tedious at the best of times, I'm afraid...as it is one of the most time consuming types of creations to share. And that is just it, lots are creations that can take just as much time to bring to fruition as objects. So making lots about the objects foremost downplays the creativity of lot designers. ohno  

Great lot design and well-designed objects go hand in hand for me. slowdance  As long as credits is given where it is due, I truly don't think it practical or fair to demand anything more of lot creators. But, that is my way not to be imposed on anyone else.  giggle

Besides, just as there are some objects that 'make the lots look good', it is also true that there are many times that the lots 'make the objects look good'.  buddy

In sharing your beautiful lot design here, that symbiosis is evident and you executed it well. Terrific job!

The best of luck with sorting out how to share your lot(s). Regardless of your decision, I'm sure several among us would love to take your lot in-game and truly enjoy it as you intended in your vision.

Thanks again for sharing the pictures! thau

Last edited by StephSim on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sleeping at the Keyboard again!)
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:24 am

Thank you, Tahoe! I'm glad you like how the homes look  flirty

(I'm used to the loading time, at this point, lol)
  runcircle

...but, Renee... I've often thought of doing it the way you do - how do you remember what everything is? I also run into trouble (with ts4) where I like something, but it is a recolor and then I have to hunt down the mesh... sigh... Tell me how you know what everything is, and I'll definitely think about doing it that way (5 minutes? Wow!!!)   :hearty:

Thank you, too, Stephanie.  :Spring2

I get what you're saying - and there are a lot of creators that don't have an issue; however, there seems to be a huge thing in the community with uploading lots that have cc in them: include the cc, but not if the lot is being uploaded to a paysite; don't include the cc, no matter what; include the cc, but make sure also include a direct link back to the cc; don't include the cc, and don't link... Sigh.

I also know how much of a pain it can be to go all over, everywhere, tracking down each item of cc used in something. It is one of the reasons I have so much of it - it is easier to download and take everything into my game than to just pick out the one item I have my eye on... heheheheheh  giggle

I want the wonderful people who take so much of their time to create for all of us to be credited. I also want it to be easy, lol...

...but, there really isn't an easy button.   dontgetit

In the time it will take me to list out all the cc I've used (just in the beach house for Paradise Found), I can include links, as I will have to track it all down anyways... (I really need whatever method Renee is using to keep track of everything!).   :Spring2

songib67

Postsongib67 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi Suzanne,

This works for me. In my downloads folder I have folders, listed by function. Such as
Build,
Clothing & Hair
Decor
Mod changers.
In these folders I go by the artist.

Ex. Holy Simoly is in my huge decor files as I have a thing about curtains, art & etc.
It is my biggest file.
I keep the mesh in there. all the sub folders for other recolorers of his work are inside also. I have a copy of the mesh in each of them as well. Each recolorer has a separate folder.
I can pretty much find exactly what I need.
I use the clean installer to get rid of multiple copies of the same item and to decrease the size of my folder.
I can easily find an item this way.
Mod the sims has a great article on organizing for Sims 2 . I would imagine there is the same thing for 3/4 on that site.
Good luck
Oldbox
Resident Artist

PostOldbox on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Sorry Suzanne, I have overlooked your album
Your houses are beautifully decorated, very detailed, very real and I really like it,
just beautiful :girlie5:
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:38 pm

Conny - Oh, thank you!    :summer1:    :easter3:    :summer8New:

I really do love making places look as real as possible. No sims could live in those places, though!

... I think it is why I never play them, even though I make a few :D

Thank you, Renee...   :summer13New:

I have folders by creator, a few by use (Hair, Skins, Curtains, etc., see image below)

(there are just so many, lol, my latest just say Stuffxx heheheheheheh).

These are just what's in my game right now...

File Explorer

Qdir (what I typically use to play with files, lol)

Here is what my poor hard drive looks like LOL

songib67

Postsongib67 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi Szanne7000,

I was in error. I timed my game dnld and it took 13 minutes not 5.
Do you have all your downloads on the computer you are playng on?
I have just started back on this new computer and I only have two houses that I am
presently working on. I tend to stick to my old time favorite artists. My system has not failed me.
Yours looks pretty good! Perhaps, Its your amount of space to store. I keep all my downloads stored on my portable HD and only use what i need for the game... Also delete most of the recolors on sims2 clean installer.
I am far from an expert on this. Perhaps someone else will be able to help.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi Renee,

I have plenty of room, just too much stuff, lol!

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Your second house is here just gorgeous as well. I love the style. It feels really lived in and cozy. Thank you for sharing sweetie claphands1
poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:11 pm

hi hi, Szanne7000, ☀  :redrose:  ☀
You asked about the moving animations,
I look for funny,, smilys
and then you find them automatically, with a little browsing

there are a lot, and you will surely find them cute,
I will ask Tilly or we can create a page
then they can cherry's share there
it is an idea maybe,, aha

I hope you do join us with the renovation of Tilly
it's going to be great fun, yourock

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:01 am

Hi Suzanne!

Oh my gosh your album is stunning claphands1  I absolutely love your use of colour and your decorating skills.

Ohhhhh you visited my album........ :thy: I feel honored!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:47 am

I'm blushing! You are all so nice! And wonderful!

Tilly, thank you, thank you, thank you. Seriously, I'm really glad you like what I do.  :Spring2

Poppy, I'd love that - it is a fantastic idea inlove34

Lorry, you are so very welcome.   polarhug    I'm working on looking at what everyone is doing - there's so much and it is inspiring to see what everyone does with the Sims, regardless of which version being used.

Sweet words like all of your comments  (everyone's) really do make me feel all warm and good inside.  :easter3:

StephSim

PostStephSim on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:10 am

:redrose: Suzanne,

This is the key to Downloads Organization here (especially for lot builders):

Renee wrote:
"I keep all my downloads stored on my portable HD and only use what i need for the game"

cherry That is what I do too.  It works wonders for locating things, avoiding duplicates, removing things you don't need or want, preparing lots for sharing, identifying CC, etc.

My Method In a Nutshell:

cherry My Downloads Archive are stored on my Desktop computer (which I access remotely from my laptop). Everything is organized there in a way that works for me. I have a CC Folder for object Creators, a Body Folder (with Subfolders for Clothing, Accessories, Hairs, Skins), a Textures Folder (with Subfolders for Walls, Floors, Roofs, Terrains Paints and Sets), etc. These files are not stored in my game.

cherry In addition to the subfolders mentioned above, there are two other Subfolders that are very important for me. I have an In-Game Folder, which holds the downloads for the neighborhood I currently am playing in. But, I also have a Build Folder in my archives. This folder holds downloads I use to build when I have a theme like Medieval Build, Victorian Build, Sci-Fi Build, etc.  

cherry For instance, I just created a Beachy Build folder that I will cull out after I finish my Paradise Found Beach lot and the Sci-fi beach lot I'm working on. Right now, the contents of that folder are the only things in my game. Since I just created it, everything is organized in it by creator until I can decide which things will remain. The idea is that anything in that folder will be very useful for building Beach Themed lots. It does not include every beachy item I have in my archives, just ones that will be basic to any beach lot I may build.

cherry So, if I am building a beach themed lot, I copy that folder from my archives on my external storage device and place only that folder in game.  If I need other things, I add them to the downloads folder. Once I build my lots, package and save them, I remove that folder from my game by deleting it since it is merely a copy. If I download and add anything new, I make sure that I have a copy of that item in my put away in the CC Archives Folder for future use. I add a copy in-game in the RecentlyAdded folder in the game.

cherry When I put objects away, I do so under the mesh creator. I rarely put objects away by recolor artists. That can lead to duplicates of meshes and files. It also makes it easy to find the object and have instant access to all recolors I have of the files. I also include images in most of my archive folders these days.

cherry Basically, I have my Downloads Archive (which holds ALL of my Sims Downloads outside of the Game).  The Download Archives includes a Build Folder (which holds objects I used to build based on themes for convenience).  And I also have an In-Game Folder, which I keep on my laptop for playing the game.

cherry Both my Build Folders and my In-Game Folder are organize with as few Sub-Folders as possible (to cut down on loading time and file duplicates).

cherry The Categories for the Build Folders are usually very simple (Individual Object Folders by Creator, NonPackaging and RecentlyAdded). The NonPackaging includes Maxis Recolors, Master Meshes or other non-packaging CC.  The NonPackaging Folder is very important to me, as it contains those files that people usually have to hunt down once they package their lots. For me, it simply becomes a matter of copying the folder, making sure that I only am including the necessary CC and adding it the lot zip. The RecentlyAdded subfolder contains anything new I download to use in my project. I separate these files until I know they are safe. Once I test them in-game, they are placed either in the Objects Folder with other User Created CC or in the NonPackaging Folder with Maxis Recolors and other non-packaging files.

cherry My In-game Download Folder is organized by categories. I keep a copy in my archives just in case I need it. I have Objects, NonPackaging, Clothing, Accessories, Hacks, Hairs, RecentlyAdded and any other category I may need. The Recently Added Folder is usually empty unless I download something new.

cherry There are no folders within folders in my Downloads.  My loading time is typically 3-7 minutes because I only have in the Downloads Folder what I need in any given moment.  

That's it.

cherry I know it all sounds so complicated, but it really makes Simming more pleasurable in the end. I remember when I decided to organize my Downloads. It seemed like it would never come to fruition. But, once I began the process, things became easier.

Hopefully, you will find something that works for you, as all I typed here is merely a suggestion of typical stephanian details. giggle

Thank you again for sharing your Simming Album. It has been a wonderful to see the Simming world through your eyes. flirty
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 am

Hi Stephanie,   danceG

Thank you :) flirty

I've often thought I need to get screenshots of everything...

...problem is, I really do end up downloading everything. I really don't know what I want until I'm building. Sigh. It's okay. I have a really great laptop to play on. I start my game and then do other things while it's loading, lol. TS4 generally doesn't crash like the earlier versions; it seems much more stable, to me.

And, this is not anything new for me... I have an enormous archive saved on the cloud of cc for both ts3 and ts4, lol.

I'm currently needing to clean up my folders some, but really want to spend time actually in the game.  (Oh, the irony of wanting to organize folders and files while the game is loading! LOL)

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Renee and Steph..I may have to do that organization of yours thlol  

I always thought I had mine organized but then when looking for something I can't find it.. shame then have to take everything out and put back one item or folder back in the game..then go into the game and find that everything is messed up in the houses runcircle

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum