Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area.  All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!    Check out the new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store. Bloom Magazine issue 3 is now out! 
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» B.A.D October: Vote for your winner!
Today at 9:03 pm by poppy100

» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 20/10 2017"
Today at 8:52 pm by Tahoe

» All 4 Sims - Updates 2017
Today at 8:48 pm by poppy100

» Patty3060 Sims4 House 23/10/2017 Update
Today at 8:41 pm by patty3060

» October Hunt: Day Two
Today at 8:40 pm by poppy100

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 8:19 pm by Tahoe

» My garden
Today at 8:14 pm by Tahoe

» hi::::
Today at 8:06 pm by poppy100

» here's another question for you guys..
Today at 6:59 pm by laneyw

» For All The CC Downaholics
Today at 6:41 pm by laneyw

» Look some more of Ivy's favourite things
Today at 6:16 pm by anidup

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 5:48 pm by sunkal

» October Hunt: Day One
Today at 5:47 pm by LoWiSa

» Shiny Sims
Today at 5:34 pm by IvyRose

» Autumn Siggies 2017
Today at 5:31 pm by LoWiSa

Whats new?

TS2: Sam's peaceful place by Chicklet

TS4: Gold paintings by TaTschu

Autumn Bliss Downloads

TS4: Terracotta floors by Tilly

TS3: Autumn Spirit by Poppy100

TS4: Autumn wall quilts by Anidup

TS4: Barnham Broom by Tilly

TS4: Autumn leaves by Anidup

TS4: Canvas pictures by TaTschu

TS3: Fall signs by Poppy100

TS3: Fall Teaset by Poppy100

TS4: Fall House by Lorry

TS4: Autumn paintings by Chicklet

TS4: Autumn Entry by Chicklet

TS4: New Lot by Lorry

TS4 Floors by TaTschu

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Designer bathroom walls by TaTschu

[solved]Backing up your game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Samantha61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostSamantha61 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:42 am

Ok, I figured out how to back up your game..and since I tend to mess my game up so bad that I have to redo everything..I am going to start..but first I have a question on each Neighborhood..

Like E001-which Neighborhood is that..as well as all the others..

What I want to do is..put the name of the Neighborhood with the letters and numbers..so here is the list of all the Neighborhoods I have..now some of them are CC Neighborhoods so don't worry about them..I just want the ones that are the main Neighborhoods that came with the game..

E001--Belladonna Cove
F001--Desiderata Valley
G001--Riverblossom Hills
N001--Pleasantview
N002--Strangetown
N003--Veronaville now a CC Neighborhood..it has all of the above Neighborhoods as   subhoods going to love playing this one when I get a chance..
N004--Shadowy Hills
N005--Renovation Neighborhood
N006--Amarynthia
N007--Testing Neighborhood
SE01--is a CC Neighborhood--Sedena

I think it's the first 4 that are the main Neighborhoods the others I created..

These are the Neighborhoods:

Belladonna Cove
Desiderata Valley
Riverblossom Hills
Pleasantview
Strangetown
Veronaville--I now have that as a CC Neighborhood

So for all you Sims2 players I would like to know if I have them named right..

Thank you  :sunny:

OK I forgot to mention..someone said back up your Sims2 files..where are the Sims2 files..there are so many files I am not sure what is what..

Can anyone do a step by step process in what I need to do..I do have the Ultimate Collection but I am sure the process is the same with the disks..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
LoWiSa
Elite Member
Total Awards : 5

PostLoWiSa on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Hey Sam, I think you named the neighborhoods right. I have the same files and folders.
I do have ultimate collection and that's how I did it everytime I reinstalled. When you backup your game, you have to copy exact folders and put them to the safe place (desktop for example if you just reinstall the game or USB flash disk if you reinstall computer).

These folders are Neighborhoods (your saved games, stories and families), Projects (if you have unfinished projects in Bodyshop), Saved Sims (sims from bodyshop and finished projects imported to game), Downloads, PackagedLots (contains all the lots you've exported from the game), LotCatalog (all the lots of your LotCatalog). These are the most important folders. If you want to, you may try to backup all folders you'll find here: C:\ Documents and settings\ Login Name\) My Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2.

Then uninstall the game. The uninstalator will probably ask you if you want to delete your saved families from the computer - if you want to start over, choose yes. If you don't want to loose your saved games, choose no. It's up to you.
When you install the game again, copy and paste your backup folders where they belong. Note - let the game itself make its own Downloads folder. I mean - run Bodyshop before you add anything from your backup. Then turn it off. Empty Downloads folder will be created. Put your downloads into it. Do not replace it.

I hope I mentioned everything. If anyone have a suggestion, feel free to complete me.

Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Anna,

What a great list of info for Sam.  Backing up the game is a wise thing to do.  Sam, you might include your collections, paintings, and SC4terrains if custom was added to those basic EA game folders.

I hesitate adding more thoughts here because I honestly don't know anything about the Origin software program.  I hope we have a few members that use Origin and can offer more ideas.  Software programs are scary.

Easter01

scared

Tell Me A Story Album:  Here
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Thank you so much Anna..that really helps..a bit confusing..but believe me before I do anything I will be back to ask more questions..

Everyone knows me here..and I do a lot of brain farting..and messing things up with the simplest of directions  shame so expect more questions as I do this.. runcircle

Thank you again Anna and Easter for your help :redrose:

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
LoWiSa
Elite Member

PostLoWiSa on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:10 am

You're welcome. We will try our best to help you Gimme

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:40 am

Ok got to thinking as I am doing this back up..yes I am thinking lol..

This backs up to where I am in the game right..

But how do I back up say like in the next few days after I have played..do I delete the old back up and reback up..and should I do a back up every few days or what..

I am a bit confused on this..and how do I use the back ups..do I copy and paste them into the place they are supposed to be if I ever had to uninstall..

I know what I want to say but just not sure how to explain this..sorry dontgetit

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
LoWiSa
Elite Member

PostLoWiSa on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:41 am

Well I think I know what you mean. I'll try to explain. If your last backup is from the day you played the game for the last time (for example sunday), and you reinstalled the game today, is everything okay. But you have to remember that everytime you open the game you have to need a new brand backup. Everytime you open the game, the files changed. So yes, delete old backup files and replace with new backups. I do new backup almost every week because I play the game few hours per week (just for sake - I learned from the past).
Copy and paste is the best way. The backup files have the same folder names as the new ones after reinstallation, all you have to do, is to replace them.
That's the best way I can explain. English is not my native language so I hope you understand what I mean :)

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:22 am

Your language may not be English but I actually understood everything you said f I don't do that very often I mean understanding what someone says..so that you so much Anna..:Spring2

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum