Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

What's It Like Where You Live?

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:09 am

Marie as it turns out I found a picture of my daughter Sam's bookcase!  She works in a library at a Ladies College (she is also studying at University to become a Librarian).  Sam is in the junior section of the college and not so long ago it was 'Book Week' where all the students can come to school dressed as their favourite character from a book.  My daughter went as Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter!

Samantha61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostSamantha61 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:40 am

She is beautiful Lorry :Spring2 ..and I love Harry Potter..I have all books and movies memorized giggle

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:50 am

Lorry, you have a beautiful daughter inlove34

Now, I want you to show her my bookshelves, too (I need attention, LOL). giggle

I think this is a wonderful thread - it is giving me the chance to get to know all of you so much more!!! :Spring2

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:09 pm

Anita: I do not regret that we moved here 17 years ago, before we lived closer to Stockholm and lived in an area with similar houses in long lines. This is the quiet, still and quiet grandchild may be out myself though he is only 4 years.

Sam: I read most novels and my favorite writer is Nora Roberts and Danielle Steel. Jamie is at that age where he thinks the bone can move myself so I wanted to show him that it is not so. We spend most of your time in the spring and summer outside on our patio, we built three years ago and it is the best we have done.

Anneke: I'm actually here every day but it's been quite a while and it's been hot this September so we've been out there a lot to fit in before it gets dark and cold again. Coffee mug and the pitcher has my daughter's mother in-law painted. And when it comes to dogs, it is actually the great smarter than the smaller, the little Bella is a hunting dog as she is very good at catching rats and mice, the large is more of herding. (I say in the winter that we should feed the birds when he runs out and barks at all the bushes so the birds fly away, and then he waits for me to finish before he goes to bed)

Suzanne: I do not collect mugs but I like to have a special like I just drink coffee and reading is so relaxing.

Lorry: It tends to be snow here in the winter, but they last years it has been very bad with the snow but I found some pictures from 2009/2010 when we had a lot of snow began to snow in October and did not disappear until the middle of April. Hope you enjoy the pictures. What a wonderful idea to get dressed up, I have never read Harry Potter but I have seen pictures so she has done well with her outfit.

Last edited by Tahoe on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:34 pm

O my Marie!! Look at the snow! That is something we do not know here in south Africa.
If it does ... on a rare occasion, it melts away within an hour or so.
It looks like a fairytale to me! And it must be very cold there when it snows like that!!

I enjoy reading as well, but seldom romance novels. I like James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Tess Gerritsen, Clive Cussler a South African writer Koos Meyer.

poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:47 pm

lorry  :Autumn_15:
actually they ad better sam, ask for the Harry Potter film
she could have done a great job
and all her books !!
She is certainly a very smart girl
and she has the lokks off her mother, giggle

tahoe.  :Autumn_8:
what can i say .. it's just like a fairy tale'' your house !!  beautiful.

Last edited by poppy100 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
poppy100
Resident Artist

Postpoppy100 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:56 pm

danceG

Last edited by poppy100 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 3 times in total

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:50 pm

I loved the snow when I was a kid..now a days I don't want snow, cold or really bad heat well not so much the heat as the humidity that comes with it here in Missouri..my bones, muscles can't take that anymore.. with all those trees around you must see a lot of deer..I would love that..

I used to live next to a cemetery and a lot of deer would go through there at night..

and poppy that is a nice, clean and probably a quiet street..I love it..and your nick knacks that doll really does look like you giggle cute doll..pretty flowers that you made..how did you do that..I like that..and I am sooo jealous of you..meeting Elvis and the band..I came real close to meeting him..the only friend I had in High School her step dad was the back up drummer for Elvis in Las Vegas and we were supposed to go there one summer..then her mom and step dad got into a fight and we never got to go and then 3 months later Elvis died..I cried for months after that..

I'm glad I am not the only person that has a cluttered computer desk lol..that is why I didn't take a picture of mine to embarrassed shame thlol

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
poppy100
Resident Artist

Postpoppy100 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:18 pm

broomie,,  :redrose:
I'd like to award you,
which you had met elvis

I've never met Elvis,
I was 7 years old when he died
In 2009 there was an Elvis memory in Breda
and there, with the band elvis
I myself have never seen elvis,,
I wish it was true, :girlie5:

and roses clays is quite simple ..
Monday I'll buy a pack of clay
and will try to explain it by photo step by step
and the rose is quickly ready
please note that will be fun,

I hope that you join  watermelon
hey!!.. aha  we make a craft page ... lol

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:53 pm

omgosh your funny poppy..that sounds cool watching you make those flowers can't wait to see how you do it.. :Spring2

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:16 pm

I am so ashamed of myself..after I took the picture and sent it to yahoo looked at it and found finger prints and dust shame shame as soon as I am done here I am taking that Bible back down and cleaning it.. giggle

Here is some more of my horses..the one that says Sister Love is the one that my sister made from a 100 year old tree branch that had fallen in the yard..and the other horses I painted..not very good but it is the best I can do..

Here is the Bible that my Sister gave to me last Christmas..my pride and joy

This is the inside of the Bible..I can see the print but the Bible is so heavy that it is hard to hold..but I do try :butterfly:

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:11 am

I remember snow, Marie!  LOL

I used to live in Eastern Washington (the state) and there was lots of snow - BRRRR is right!

The Farmhouse with Isis in front (2007)

Snowy Night (2008)

I hope to move back to Hawaii late next year (we'll see). I'm with Sam - no cold weather anymore for me ohno

These are all from right off my lanai (balcony) - 4th floor over Turtle Lagoon, Makaha Beach, Oahu, Hawaii (2011/20012)

Anneke and Sam - thank you for more pictures :summer5:

I tend to read mainly science fiction but will read romance (I love Sandra Hill, Nora Roberts, Johanna Lindsey, to name a few) and spy novels (Tom Clancy!)... I love to read. My sons and I read every Harry Potter book, lol.

I am still waiting for Jean Auel to finish the Clan of the Cave Bear series; there is supposed to be one final book... rose2

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:16 am

Oh my gosh there are so many fabulous pictures!

Marie your pictures are something that is so unreal to me. I have only ever seen snow in pictures and yours are so beautiful that I am swept with emotion. I am not good with the cold, so I don't think I would survive a winter in snow.

LOL ok Suzanne I can't wait to show her your bookshelves. She will love that you took time to show her.
Oh my gosh Hawaii......who wouldn't want to live there. My hubby loves photography and as the sun sets here in the West, he is always heading to the beach to take sunset pics.

Poppy your street reminds me of a street in Sims 4 giggle
I love those roses you made, you are very clever!
ROFL So you think my Sam looks like you? Oh I can't wait to tell her!
She loved dressing up that day, she was so excited getting her outfit together and frizzing her hair to resemble Hermoine's. The students loved it feeldaluv

Oh Anita I read Patricia Cornwell as well claphands1 I have read all Agatha Christie books and watched all the telly movies, I am a huge fan. I also love Jane Austin and Stephen King!

poppy100
Resident Artist

Postpoppy100 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:08 am

oops.

No dear lorry, I mean to say!!
she looks like you

which you thought,
when you brought sam to the world

I removed the write line by the message
further confusion
translate that never goes the way I want it ..  bored

Zsanne700 .. this house looks spooky,
I'm so sorry,
but I find the area rather beautiful Iagree2

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:26 am

Those pictures are beautiful Suzanne, I love sunsets and sunrises feeldaluv

Sorry poppy I thought you had met Elvis, and the band lol sweetdance

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:21 am

ROFL Poppy I told my daughter what I thought you'd said, oh how I love that translator

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:23 am

thlol thlol That's funny Lorry and poppy

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:46 am

The house was spooky, Anneke!

hehehehehehe

Sam - I love sunsets and sunrises (even if I'm not up very early for the sunrises lol)

(edited as I forgot to answer the statement :( )

Last edited by szanne7000 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:14 am

Beautiful pictures!
Anneke, you are so talented to be able to make those roses from Clay! And i love the street pictures, its looks very european and I like that. It reminds me of somewhere ive been before, but i cant remember. Maybe it was Berlin or Amsterdam, but im not sure about that. I blame my memory on age, lol.
Szanne, those pics are gorgeous. Hawaii looks amazing, really beautiful. I would love to live somewhere like that.
Lorry, I dont like the cold either, or the snow. Not that we get too much of it here in England, but we do have some every year. When I lived in Toronto, it was sooooo cold, and snow stayed for months! Brrrr. :Autumn_1:
I dont like endless heat either. I am ready when summer ends, i get bored with it and want my favorite season to come: Autumn. I love it! But winter, i dont like it. It lasts a long time here, with lots of cold rain....yuk.
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Is that winter, I want to have lots of snow because it will be so much brighter then but unfortunately I am not so keen when it's too cold my toes and fingers are almost purple though I am indoors.
Anneke: I think it will be fun to see how to make these roses. Do you sell them or you just do them yourself?

Suzanne: Hawaii sounds wonderful, it is a place I would consider moving to where I like the heat but I hate to sunbathe.

Sam: I do not like the cold either so I burn extra and spend a lot of time next to a hot radiator. I broke my wrist when I slipped in January 2006 and do extra hurt when it is cold and the pain I get in the fingers and toes. Is it really cold, I usually have three pairs of socks and underwear in fleece, but I guess it is less fun to live in an old house. I am thinking of getting an electric foot warmers that my son has.

Lorry: The winter was cold during the morning walk, it was -15 C (5.0 F) and at night it used to be around -20 C (4.0 F)

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
poppy100
Resident Artist

Postpoppy100 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:24 pm

lorry and broomie .. I'm glad you see the fun

and broomie
the, TCB band I've seen
Look at the pictures autumn_18 lol

broomie this is the first time that I see the Bible ... haha lol

Tilly,
I live in Roosendaal, the Netherlands
and with me around the corner'' is the Centre
easy going ..
haha  
------------------------------------------------------------------------ :Autumn_7:

Tahoe
I've learned it on the creative club
It is realy the simplest which enyone can may make
believe me
no, it is not to sell
just fun to do sisters

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:08 am

We are an interesting, exciting, caring group of people!

I'm so glad to be a part of this group!

grouphug

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:35 am

Suzanne I am so happy you are here too........get ready to be squashed grouphug  and tossed yourock <-------- who's butt crack is that shame

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:56 am

omgosh Lorry thlol thlol I can't stop laughing that is so funny thlol thlol

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:32 am

I was just looking back over this thread. Lorry, it looks so lovely where you live. My Nephew recently spent a year traveling around Australia and he loved it! I love the pic of you in the sea.

I live in the East Midlands, which is basically what is says, the middle of England, not far from the east coast. Its a bit different to the rest of England as its called the Fenlands. It is flat, no hills or slopes and the land was once marshes which was reclaimed from the sea by drainage systems. Its mostly agricultural land, but i love it as you can just see for miles and the most beautiful skies and sunsets!

This is my little town: I live about a 5 minute walk from here, just along the river.

Church where we got married!

Its mostly fields around here!

These are the marshes about a 15 minute drive from town:

The coast is about a 30 minute drive, and I love it!

So there's my little corner of the world! I was born here, but left home when I was 17 and moved to London/New York/Toronto. I moved back here when my Daughter was 6 years old.

In New York, i lived in this building, on the 77th floor on W57th St!

In London, this was my street....

And this one....

Very different to where I live now, lol. But I do miss London sometimes. Its only 50 mins on a fast train from here though!

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum