Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims. Please visit our Getting Started area for forum info and read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Check out our May challenge in iCreate: The Hobby Room. Join in, just for fun!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Keyla Sims (Sims 3/4 houses and CC's) Updated 22nd May, 2018
Yesterday at 10:26 pm by Trizia

» szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated May 20, 2018
Yesterday at 9:33 pm by szanne7000

» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 20/5 2018"
Yesterday at 9:32 pm by szanne7000

» Need some advice on CC I am making
Yesterday at 9:31 pm by szanne7000

» Curly hair links
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by szanne7000

» Anidup's Album ** UPDATED 25 April 2018
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by szanne7000

» Never Enough CC!!
Yesterday at 9:28 pm by szanne7000

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Yesterday at 9:28 pm by szanne7000

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Yesterday at 9:26 pm by szanne7000

» Lorry's Sims 4 Album *UPDATED 15th of May, 2018
Yesterday at 9:25 pm by szanne7000

» Trizia Album - (Sims 3 and Sims 4) Updated 15th May, 2018
Yesterday at 9:25 pm by szanne7000

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Yesterday at 9:23 pm by szanne7000

» Word association
Yesterday at 9:23 pm by szanne7000

» Our next contest
Yesterday at 8:03 pm by Tahoe

» I-Create Suggestions.
Yesterday at 5:51 pm by anidup

Whats new?

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Horse wood wall art by TaTschu

TS4: Spring rug collection by TaTschu

.servimg.com/u/f62/19/51/31/71/20033.jpg" />

TS4: Wood wall art by TaTschu

TS4: Vintage wall decals by TaTschu

TS4: Vivid dollshouse by Lovias

TS4: Spring wood signs by Chicklet

TS4: Hello spring paintings by Chicklet

TS4: Spring wall planter by Chicklet

TS4: Spring dining room by Chicklet

TS4: Conversion of Mataine bedroom by Anidup

TS4: Aqua by Lorry

TS4: Salthouse by Tilly Tiger

TS4: French dining by Anidup

TS4> Wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Maison Lorraine by Lorry

What's It Like Where You Live?

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tony C

PostTony C on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Despicable. Freezing rain , now rain and even better snow is in the forecast for tonight. It's the middle of April, I have had enough of winter. I want spring. swear
Broomhilda
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:21 pm

lol Tony..you can have the Spring as well..I WANT SUMMER lol..

I have had enough of winter as well..it's only in the 30's here and cloudy/windy..right now..we were supposed to get snow..but that bypassed us..I am so glad..and then I think highs in the 50's by Monday and in the upper 60's by Tuesday..

And as long as it don't rain or snow..I can get moved I hope by Thursday or Friday..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:15 am

Lorry wrote:LOL mcarchus I hear ya!

Where I live there are no kangaroos hopping down the street hmmm
You'd be amazed at how many people think this does happen here.
Mostly we have to visit a zoo to see these animals.....yeah we have zoos too doggy2

We also have mobile phones, electricity and Netflix! happygroup

What, no Kangaroos in your front yard?  I'm truly disappointed ;)

Ugh, I so want to go to Rome!

Lets not talk about 30  degree weather in mid-April.  We just had snow the other day, after it being 70 degrees for two days.  I want SPRING!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:13 am

We have autumn in the southern hemisphere.
I am so not ready for the winter yet.

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:41 am

anidup wrote:We have autumn in the southern hemisphere.
I am so not ready for the winter yet.

if it goes like it has up here, then its going to be a long winter.  Although, you don't get snow like we do up here in North America... do you?  I assume maybe in the mountains.

But wait a minute, you are in South Africa... what is the weather like really down there in the winter? :thinkabout:
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:32 pm

I am with you Matt..I WANT SUMMER..

I'm in Missouri and it's still..off and on weather here..supposed to be in the 60's upper 50's today but really windy..it's breezy out there right now..I can see the bushes blowing.. and a bit cloudy..

Here real soon it will be tornado weather..and I love tornadoes..have been in several..not a direct hit but so close you can touch them..lol..

valentine1f

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 pm

We have very moderate winters mostly Matt.
Where I currently live, in the Lowveld, it gets extremely hot in summer. We get up to 45 degrees Celcius!
Winter, I should actually say "winter", since the coldets it might be on a winters day is about 20 degrees celcius. Very nice.

At home it is a different story.
The mornings may start with minus degrees, and it would become a little warmer during the day. But we very seldom have snow. Frost yes, and it kills off one's garden like in no time at all. The nights get quite cold.

But we have nothing to complain about in South Africa as far as the weather is concerned.

For exclusive content. 
mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:39 pm

anidup wrote:We have very moderate winters mostly Matt.
Where I currently live, in the Lowveld, it gets extremely hot in summer. We get up to 45 degrees Celcius!
Winter, I should actually say "winter", since the coldets it might be on a winters day is about 20 degrees celcius. Very nice.

At home it is a different story.
The mornings may start with minus degrees, and it would become a little warmer during the day. But we very seldom have snow. Frost yes, and it kills off one's garden like in no time at all. The nights get quite cold.

But we have nothing to complain about in South Africa as far as the weather is concerned.

Yikes, 113℉... no thank you.  I'll take the 68℉ all day long!  I'd be wanting Winter to come if I there with you!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:21 pm

LOL, Matt, we survuve with air conditioners. You can't live in this heat without it.
But, having the wild life around me is the best bonus of it all.
Winter months here are great.
I will put up some pics for you to see soon.

For exclusive content. 
mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 pm

Broomhilda wrote:I am with you Matt..I WANT SUMMER..

I'm in Missouri and it's still..off and on weather here..supposed to be in the 60's upper 50's today but really windy..it's breezy out there right now..I can see the bushes blowing.. and a bit cloudy..

Here real soon it will be tornado weather..and I love tornadoes..have been in several..not a direct hit but so close you can touch them..lol..

Broomhilda, where in Missouri are you, if I may ask?  My Sister lives in Lake of the Ozarks, specifically Osage Beach.
Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:51 pm

I went to the market by bicycle yesterday and took these two pics of two old farmhouses. The first is a restaurant today, the second is part of a open air museum.

Gast

PostGast on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:52 pm

it is heartbreaking beautiful! Avalache I can understand that you have had a great day    .. ohh I love old buildings
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Beautiful Avalanche. valentine1f

For exclusive content. 
foutral

Postfoutral on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Avalanche this is amazing!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:34 am

Oh, there are so many new people in here! YEAH!!!

I love hearing about all the different places you all live :D

Las Vegas has decided it is Summer - it has been in the high 80s and mid 90s (29+C to 35C)!!!

It is nice right now - full moon and 73 (22.7C).

Ben and I are still getting unpacked - it is a very slow process...

...made even slower by DOTY, hehehehehe

I'm so happy Nikki, Marie, and Debbie are participating with me - it makes DOTY so much more fun for so many of us to be there <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
MissLeh

PostMissLeh on Tue May 01, 2018 2:11 am

Wow, a lot of beautiful places here! :o

I live in São Paulo, Brazil. I love living here, even if sometimes is hot like hell LOL

In my state, there are many beautiful places to go, like museums, restaurants, cafes, and more...

Here is a pic of one of my favorite places in São Paulo, called Avenida Paulista, and that red building is known as MASP, it is a museum.

Simsilikesims

PostSimsilikesims on Tue May 01, 2018 4:34 am

Hi, I live in Auburn, Washington USA. In the Pacific Northwest, in the spring, it varies between cloudy and rainy, and cloudy/overcast with sun.  Temperatures vary from the mid 40's to the low 70's (Fahrenheit). I'm looking forward to more sunny days soon. Here, in the winter, it rarely goes below 25 degrees Fahrenheit, but rarely gets above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. It also rains most of the time in the winter, with occasional hail or occasional snow. Most yards here have evergreen trees like pines in them. However, I also live close  (about 1/2 to 1/4 mile) to the freeway so I can often hear the rushing traffic of the freeway from my house. If anyone is familiar with the local area, I also live close to the border of Auburn and Federal Way.

I like to build houses I have lived in or visited, in my Sims games.
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue May 01, 2018 6:11 pm

mcarchus I love in Jefferson City..I just moved here from Boonville..because there was no housing available..so far I really like it..but I do miss my kids and grandkids..

Ava..I really love those old buildings.. spring2018_1

MissLeh..wow I really didn't think Brazil had those tall buildings like that..sorry..

valentine1f

mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Tue May 01, 2018 8:28 pm

So the other day, someone asked me if Nebraska is really flat like people tell them.  Let me debunk that theory with these photos.  Just to warn you, Nebraska has many different sides to show.  I will start with Omaha on the Central East side by the Missouri River, and will work my way West followed going to the Northwest portion of the state and then on to the Northeastern portion.

This is Omaha as viewed from Iowa (the bottom portion of the photo).  The Missouri River is in the center.  The lake in the Center is Conagra Lake, which Omaha was the Headquarters for Conagra, Inc. until recently when they decided to move to Chicago.  What is Conagra you ask, if you get Ketchup, Mustard, any sort of condiment, frozen food, check the label.

Here is another view of Conagra Lake

When Omaha was starting to become a City, it faced several issues.  First the Union Pacific Railroad stopped at the Missouri River, and everything needed to be sent over on a Ferry, which hindered and helped the city grow.  The second was the topography.  On each side the Missouri River there are steep hills, here in Nebraska and Iowa we call them the Foothills.  So in the early ages, Downtown Omaha had to undergo a series of lowering the "hills" as evident in the next 3 photos, some areas were lowered as much as 50 feet.  The last two photos are of the same Church, which still stands today.

On the Western side of Omaha, past its Suburbs, we encounter another large River, the Platte.  I took this photo coming back from Nebraska's state Capital in Lincoln (we are on Interstate 80).

Next we move west.  The lower central part of the state is the flattest portion, but gives away to the Sandhills.

As we move Northwest from the Sandhills, we start to change topography again which is a mix between the Sandhills, some green, and a mix of South Dakota's Blackhills.

We then head off to the Northeast Portion of the state, along the Niobrara River, which is known for its fast moving waters.  Many in the Midwest love to Raft down these waters and falls.

So in all, Nebraska is far from being flat.  I have traveled through Iowa, which is rather hilly, not flat.  However, once you get past the Missouri River into Illinois that is a different story. Illinois is FLAT as a pancake, no hills, no mountains, just fields.

Trizia

PostTrizia on Tue May 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Beautiful picture Mcarchus, very pretty the lake in the evening.
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 pm

WOW Matt..I have been through Omaha, Nebraska when I went through my hitch hiking days lol..and I always thought of it as beautiful..and these pictures gives me a reminder of them..

valentine1f

ReyerB

PostReyerB on Tue May 01, 2018 11:14 pm

Always wanted to live near a beach instead I'm living in the Dolomites- the northern mountain region of Italy. And instead of a nice mild climate we have a lot of temperature changes. At least I like skiing.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed May 02, 2018 6:07 am

Miss Leh - my son-in-law, Mitchell, loves to visit Brazil! That is a great picture, by the way :D

I'd love to visit one of these days - maybe go to the northern part <3

Simsilikesims - I've been through Auburn, lol... I lived in SeaTac and then moved over to the East side of the state - Garfield, Farmington, then on to Spokane - before moving back down to So Cal and now I live in Las Vegas.

We had a giant thunderstorm with heavy wind and rain and, of course, lightning today. I do like storms - especially when I'm inside! lol

I was the one who asked Matt about Nebraska being flat - he disabused me of that notion right away. I had no idea how gorgeous Nebraska is! Thanks, Matt, for putting up all the pictures :D

Sam - you need to get some pictures up of your new place - mine will have to wait until June, heheheh

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu May 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Beautiful pics, Matt, and I am glad you told us a bit more about the area. I always wonder about the history behind the cities and or countries.
And the "loering "of the building is amazing..... building the bottom part to look like the top part. Genius!

MissLeh, I like the picture you added. The building is really beautiful.

For exclusive content. 
mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Thu May 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Suzanne, I couldn't remember :).  I just wanted to debunk the myth anyhow, I've heard it more than once.  The "coasts" here in the US call us the "Fly Over Zone" and I've heard tons of people complain Nebraska is flat.  We're not nearly as flat as Illinois.  It takes FOREVER to get from the Iowa border to Chicago.

Anita, that church is very pretty.  It is interesting inside as the main church is still 2 floors up.  And just a couple of years ago they finally were able to buy a steeple for the top!

I wanted to ask, because I'm interested, you spelled Lowering as loering, is that the spelling from South Africa?  I only ask as Color in Great Britain is Colour, and its fun to learn new words and the spelling of them from other societies.  :)

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum