Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

Animal Family Members

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:52 am

How funny! I worked with animals for eight years and I never heard of the critter birth control. I'll have to look into it (though my animals are all spayed and neutered).

Sam my cat is really nice. With black cats its hard to get a good picture of them. giggle

A L O U E T T E glasses5
Samantha61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostSamantha61 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:01 am

You got a great picture of her with the white background alouete flirty

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:03 am

No side affects..I would be afraid to give them to the dogs then..something might happen to them or the puppies.. runcircle

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:11 am

Sam: Thank you wanted to explain to me. I would never be able to cut off the tail but they look better with short tails.
Alouette: Hodge reminds me of Zack anyway from that angle, and the cat is so cute.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Oh I love this thread. I am such an animal lover and my Dogs have always been my soulmates.

I had my first Dog when I was 12. He was called Toby and a gorgeous Cairn Terrier.

This is Cloudy and Spider, my Jack Russells. Sadly, Cloudy died when she was 12. Neither myself or the vet had any idea why. She is the smaller one. The bigger one, Spider, lived until he was 18 years old. Both were such fun, gentle dogs.

This is Spider enjoying the sunshine. I think hes smiling.

This is Milo. He died of cancer in February this year. He was definitely my soulmate, and I was heartbroken. I cant get another dog yet as I still miss Milo. I will one day.....

Sam, docking was banned 10 years ago in the UK. It is a criminal offense to dock dogs tails and can carry a prison sentence.There is a Rottweiler who lives next door to me, called Bella. She is gorgeous and has a rather beautiful tail! She wags it a lot!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:32 am

I have no idea why a dog's tail is docked, it's there way of communicating with us......happy sweetdance / sad crying
I did check to see if you could have a dog's tail docked here, and NO you can't, it was banned by all states in 2004.  The only time a dog's tail can be removed, is if there is an infection and it has to be done by a vet.
hmmmm I still have never seen a Rotty with a tail dontgetit

Tilly your dogs are all so gorgeous summerB7  LOL it does look like Spider has a huge grin on his face, and who wouldn't have a smile on their face bathing in the beautiful sunshine.
The worst part of taking on a dog, is when they  pass.  OMG the pain is horrific!  
Tilly our Jesse was 15 when she died of cancer.  She was covered in tumors, there was absolutely nothing we could do except make her comfortable.  The vet left it up to us as to when we thought it was time to put Jesse to sleep.  My husband and I cried like babies, it was gut wrenching.....no more dogs for me.......then along came Harry angry It did take me awhile to like him or become attched doggyhug   He is my boy now and I love him to bits!
I can see that Milo is such a beautiful boy.  It's difficult to move on, but the pain does lessen over time.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:59 am

Oh tilly your babies are so cute flirty and am sorry about them passing away..crying

John was a bit shocked when you said that Rotty's still had their tails docked Lorry..because he is a member of several Rotty sites..will have to tell them you can't there..

Now if John was to buy a Rotty from Germany he wouldn't be able to dock their tails..but if they are born here he can..

He was talking about getting Rotty's with tails..

And Lorry don't cry..believe me Rock and Daisy let us know when they are happy or sad..their whole booty shakes lol..

I watched after Terry was born on how boys were sercomsized and omgosh I was horrified..it is more humane to dock a tail than sercomsize a baby boy..John was never sercomsized no way..

Before I got Tiffany I swore I would never have another dog..then I helped deliver her and that did it.. giggle love at first site :girlie5:

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:04 am

Sam I am happy that Daisy and Rock can communicate with their bodies, that is so cute!

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:59 am

Marie, thank you! I thought Hodge looks a lot like Zack after I saw his picture too.  doggyhug

Lisa: all your dogs are lovely but Milo especially tugged at my heart strings. He looks like he was such a special boy. 

The last time I was in Europe I had to do a double take on some of the dogs to see what breed they were because they had tails that weren't docked or ears that weren't cropped. I wish it was a law in the US as well as not being able to declaw. Its so inhumane just for vanity reasons.

A L O U E T T E glasses5
songib67

Postsongib67 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 am

Tilly, Your dogs were beautiful! I had a dog who lived to 18 years. My kai is my heart and i love her so much, I wish they lived longer than they do.
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:58 pm

Lisa your dogs are wonderful. Bella is also a Jack Russell.

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:55 pm

I love Jack Russell's Marie, they are so cute and full of mischief. Spider was very naughty...he once jumped out of my upstairs bedroom window after a rabbit. Sadly, he caught it crying I was very upset!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Tiffany is a Jack Russell-Chihuahuas mix..the 2 females look and act like Chihuahuas and the 3 boys look and act like the Jack Russell lol..

Tomorrow Tiffany will be 7 years old..hate for her to get old..I hope I out live her..I don't have anyone that I can really trust to take care of her the way I do..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:33 am

Lisa: Now Bella is a very cowardly dog but she is good at catching mice, rats and birds. Though Zack is so great he does the same thing I do not like when they kill birds.
Sam: I understand your feeling I'm getting a little worried because Zack is 10 years since he is so big is the risk that he will not live much longer. Bella ought to live at least 10 more years. But you never know.
I know how sad I was when my beloved rabbit died after 10 years. :Spring3

poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:54 am

all your stories of your lovable animals
is so nice to read,

that your lovable animals give so much love brought to you
also for the animals that are no longer there

************************* dogwalk

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:52 pm

My sister had a dog..that was so stupid..sitting here laughing trying to tell you about him..not sure what kind of dog it was..my sister had one of those electric fences that you put underground and then put the collar on the dog..anyway..it is supposed to keep the animal in the yard..but this stupid thing went right through it.. thlol being shocked all the way through..jumping, all the way through being shocked..I'm sorry but it's funny.. ROFL you would think that it would learn to stay on the right side of the fence but no he did it many times..and you would see him jumping, and hopping while being shocked..I know it shouldn't be funny..but omgosh you can't help but laugh at him while he was doing it.. giggle

Well one day he didn't come home..Jennifer thinks either a coyote or a bobcat got him..she didn't put up another fence..the two dogs she has now are just as stupid so she just keeps an eye on them..one's getting up there in age not sure how much longer he will be..he looks a lot like Tiffany in Color..but smaller..he likes to chase..scorpions, snakes, rabbits well anything that does not belong in the yard lol..the other one is a pit bull mix..and tries to be a lap dog lol..he's I think 2 years old..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:19 pm

Pit Bulls are banned in the UK. If they are found, the police take them and have them put to sleep by the vet. I don't understand this as we have Staffordshire Bull Terriers, which people do use for dog fighting (also illegal, thank fully) but a staffie is such a sweet natured dog. My brother had one called Poppy and she was so gentle. There are hundreds of Staffies in rescue centres everywhere across England. I would like a Staffordshire bull terrier, but I also like an english bulldog. I wouldnt get one as they have breathing problems due to their chest and breed. I like to have a dog you can throw a ball for!
I was in a charity shop for a dog rescue centre, donating some stuff, and I met a little chihuahua called Peanut. He had been abandoned by his owner. He was sooooo cute, he put his head on my shoulder and went to sleep. Such a cute little baby! :Spring3
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:56 pm

That is so sad tilly..my sisters dog is a big baby..lol...I think when the time comes that Daisy has puppies I am going to try and talk John out of one of the Females..but won't say anything until that time lol..since Tiffany is now 7 years old today..I am a bit sad.. crying but happy at the same time.. NewY4

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Tiffany is a small breed dog isn't she, Sam? Seven is only middle age for most small breeds. You could have her for ten more years.  lovesnoop

Shelters and rescues in the States are full of pit bull type dogs. I've worked with them before and they are the sweetest things. I'm glad pits aren't banned here in general but a lot of cities have breed bans on them. I've done a lot of advocacy against breed specific legislation. Whenever we know we're going to be in the States on a more permanent basis I would like to get a bully breed but with as much as we'll be moving after we're married and not knowing for sure where we'll end up I don't want to get another dog just yet.

A L O U E T T E glasses5
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:58 am

alouette..Jack Russell's are a small/medium breed and the Chihuahua is a small breed..I am just afraid that she will outlive me and I don't have anyone that I trust to take care of her..the way I do..She loves John and John loves her but I don't trust him to take care of her..

And that is cool you advocated for animals..

I know what you mean about moving around with animals..Tiffany used to be so playful..when we were in Arizona..but after we moved she is not the same dog..instead of playing she just sleeps..and gets up whenever someone comes in the room or when she knows I am going out and she wants to go..but she just don't play like she used to..she is terrified of cars so when she sees the leash she knows she has to get in the car..she whines all the time..and just shakes..once a year she has to go to the vet and she knows what that collar is for..so I try not to show her that collar very often..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:13 am

Tilly I would have grabbed Peanut and ran, oh my gosh he sounds so cute.

My son worked in the dog rescue centre so he could get into the canine section of the police force. He loved it and now in his spare time he trains people that want to work there.

These dogs have been restricted here because they are known to be aggressive
• fila Brasileiro (Brazilian fighting dog);
• Japanese tosa;
• American pit bull terrier;
• pit bull terrier breeds,
• Perro de Presa Canario,• dogo Argentino (Argentinian fighting dog);

Years ago German Shepherds were almost banned here crying

Thankfully the bans were lifted when it was realised people were cross breeding them with other aggressive breeds.

You can get fined here if your dog is not on a leash when you are out in public.

Poppy I love that picture :Spring3

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:58 am

In my opinion, it's all in how a dog is raised that determines how they turn out as an adult.

I was going to upload some more photos but Photobucket is currently being a pain so I'll try again later.

A L O U E T T E glasses5
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:04 am

Chows are one dog I am terrified of..they are more aggressive and mean by nature..worse than pits..I haven't seen not one Chow that was a safe dog to be around..

There are a lot of people that take their puppies to a Wal Mart store..and I call them Wal Mart puppies..Renee my daughter got one..8 weeks old and so cute it was a Rottweiler/Chow mix..and at 10 weeks..omg nobody could come in the yard or the house..we had to keep a very close I on her..she scared me to death..and she was just a puppy..we had gotten two of her sisters but they weren't like that..so not sure what was wrong with the dog..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:08 am

Photobucket is finally cooperating with me!

This is my lovely little Bella before she passed away. She was a dachshund who was the sweetest thing. I still miss her every day.

And here is my panther, Hatter, doing such a good job helping me on my laptop a while ago. giggle

A L O U E T T E glasses5
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:13 am

Bella is so cute.. :Spring2 and your Hatter looks like she is having fun giggle

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum