Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. There is an issue with Photobucket: Can all members please replace missing images or the posts will have to be deleted. Thank you! Voting for June B.A.D Contest is now open. Closing date for voting is July 24th. Come and vote for your winner! Issue 2 of Bloom magazine is now out. Go and take a look!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Hello
Today at 5:18 am by Easter01

» Help with Mods Folder
Today at 4:47 am by szanne7000

» A Challenge For TJ
Today at 3:50 am by szanne7000

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 3:46 am by szanne7000

» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 19/7 2017
Today at 3:44 am by szanne7000

» How Did You Discover The Sims?
Today at 3:34 am by szanne7000

» Word association
Today at 3:32 am by szanne7000

» The "ing" game: (New game!)
Today at 3:32 am by szanne7000

» B.A.D June 2017 Questions and Comments
Today at 3:30 am by szanne7000

» B A D August
Today at 3:27 am by szanne7000

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 3:23 am by szanne7000

» How Realistic Do You Want It?
Today at 3:13 am by szanne7000

» Funny! - Comparing TS1 - TS4 Animations
Today at 3:04 am by szanne7000

» Family Time
Today at 3:03 am by szanne7000

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Today at 3:01 am by szanne7000

Whats new?

TS4: Rug Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Wicker Chair Conversion by Anidup

TS4: House by Oldbox

TS2-TS4 Conversion by Chicklet

TS4: Painting RC's by Crissi

TS4: Painting RC's Anidup

TS4: Masculine curtain recolours by Chicklet

TS4: B.A.C Espresso room recolours by Anidup

TS4: Wicker conversions by Chicklet

TS2: Sim by Maryann

TS4: Farmhouse Chic by Chicklet

TS4: Painting Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Bedding Recolors by Anidup

TS4: Wallpapers by Anidup

TS4: Recolors of EA Maxis Poster

TS4: RC Lounge set by Oldbox

S4: Curtain RC by Oldbox

TS2-TS4: Suza loft plant by Anidup

TS4: Sweet Tea Porch Set by Chicklet

TS4: Sunday Morning by Tilly

TS4: Candice Olson Bette Lounge conversion by Anidup

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

What Other Games Do You Play

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lorry
VIP Member

PostLorry on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:47 am

Because I am home on my own so much, and my house stays relatively clean, I am so thankful I have an IPad to alleviate loneliness and boredom
There are a couple of games that are so addictive, I struggle sometimes to break away from them.

I've been playing FarmVille 2 Escape to the Country for around 3 years now and after reaching level 85, I found it was time for something new.
I would recommend this game to everyone.
5 star rating

Now I am playing FarmVille Tropic Escape!
This game is relatively new, very addictive and I love it!
5 star rating for sure

I also play Castle Story
This game is extremely addictive BUT I regret ever having started playing it. It's advisable to have a lot of money.....real money to play this  game.  I find also, that the tasks can be just out of reach, that is unless you can pay to finish.  I get so angry all the time and very frustrated with this game, but I just can't stop playing it  pull hair out  

5 star rating......stay away from this money pit of a game

Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Lorry,

I play most of the Sid Meier's games like Civilization, Colonization, and Pirates.  I am not addicted to those like I am with the Sims 2 game.

I stay away from games that require more money to keep playing.  I have a friend who really went way overboard with the Farming game. She just kept buying coins with her credit card to keep playing. She's now in debt to the credit card company and has nothing to show for it.  She's a stay a home mom with two little girls. Debt is a major problem for them and she keeps playing. Those games are so additive.    

At least with the Sims 2 game and the Sid Meier's games I have the cd's and can keep on playing.  The main problem I foresee is that my computer is starting to age a bit.  I have Vista and it works great with all the games I like.  When the day comes when I can no longer get it repaired, I will have to buy all new software because of Windows 10 programming.  I don't want to buy new software.  It's too expensive.

whine, whine, whine.  crying

I often wonder why I keep playing the Sims 2 game.  It's time consuming and (was) expensive to buy with all the expansions.  I think it's because of the custom content. I can keep changing it.  I have medieval hoods, retro hoods, and traditional hoods. I have hacks that have made it perfect for me to play.  Plus, the forums are great. You can ask questions, discover new ideas, join in on contests, and just chat. All good.

Easter01

:flowersmilie:

Easter01's The Father Michael's Saga can be found: Here

Easter01's Short Stories can be found: Here

maryann
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 7

Postmaryann on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:42 pm

aah Easter, as I understand you. I am in the same situation as you. My computer gets old , it has become very slow. I am on windows 7 and I am very afraid of windows 10 for my sims 2. But the day is approaching .... and anxiety rises.  scared

Thank you Crissi for this gorgeous sign

my tumblr
Lorry
VIP Member

PostLorry on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:29 am

Oh my gosh Easter I feel sorry for your friend, but I do understand how easy it is to spend money on these games.  I live across the road from my local shopping centre, and I have ran across more than once to buy an ITunes card, so I could buy something for  a game.  I know you can download cheats to get everything for free, but I just can't do that.

Oh my gosh Dany Windows 7 scared That was the best Microsoft operating system!
I can understand how scared you both are that a new OS wont support The Sims 2 anymore.
I was worried when took the plunge with Win 10, but both Sims 3 and 4 are fine with it.

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:35 am

I refuse to update my system to Windows 10. ohno But with my schedule I don't have as much time to play the Sims as I would like so I don't really play other games. Not on the computer anyway. giggle My fiance and I like to play board games in our spare time together. One of our favorites is a game called Ticket to Ride.

Lorry
VIP Member

PostLorry on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:40 am

Alouette do you not want to update to Windows 10 in case your Sims wont work?

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:10 am

If I absolutely need to I will. I've had almost no issue with my Sims so far on the system I have. I'm currently playing Sims 2,

Lorry
VIP Member

PostLorry on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:18 am

I only use my computer for The Sims as well, so I can see why there's no point in changing anything on yours.  I only went with Win 10 because I became so fed up with the pop message to upgrade angry
But I am glad I did, I have no issues at all

Broomhilda61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:23 am

Lorry I played Farmville on Facebook and there was so much drama and viruses I got rid of Facebook..so are those games on the computer or just in Facebook..I did love playing Farmville..and I do miss it sometimes but not enough to go back to Facebook

Omgosh Easter..I am the same way..I still have Vista and it works for all my games as well..I play..Jewel Quest one and two, Jewel Quest Solitaire, Mahjongg, Hidden Objects that is hard for me because all the items look alike so have to go by shape..pull my hair out on those but love them..Blackbeard's Revenge..it's slot machines lol..the only gambling I do lol..

I do have The SimCity Box but I really don't know how to play that..those people are so tiny you can't see them lol..and on top of that the games continues to play even when you don't have it running so when you go there everyone's sad or angry or something.. everything I got from Wal Mart..$20 or less..and took me several years to get them all..a dozen or so disks..

Easter girl..you still haven't told me how you can play different types of themes..without keeping everything for CC in the downloads folder..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ~Community
My Tumblr
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:31 am

Lorry: I play other games as well.

Hay Day and Township are the only ones I play these days. I did play Farmville2 Country Escape as well, but not anymore. I still have it installed though. I saw the new one: Tropic Escape, but have not tried it out yet.

Sam: I love the hidden objects games as well. I can keep myself busy with that for hours at times! When I at last go to bed all I see when I close my eyes are those frames with all the objects! LOL.
But, I only play those when I have lost my mojo to create.

I also bought the game Unravel, but have not played it a lot. That is a pc game.

Otherwise... it is only sims 4 for me.....and I am also still on windows 7!

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:31 am

The only other game I play is Hay Day. Ive just reached level 100 and admit to being addicted! I think the neighborhoods you can join are good fun and its nice to be able to chat and play in the derby! Other than that, its Sims 2! But I don't actually play with sims, i just build houses and recolor. The only time ill put a family into a house, is to test it! I find sims can be quite annoying, but I do love the creative aspect of the game! :Autumn_4:
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Sam,

I'm sure I do what everyone else does to switch out their download folder with another one.

I designated traditional custom to Pleasantview, retro custom to Veronville, and Medieval to another SC4 terrain (forgot the name of it).  I think the secret, if that's the correct word, is that I don't mix the custom content.  For instance, I don't use medieval custom in Pleasantview.  

It's a major pain to keep the custom separated into different folders on my desktop so I can switch the theme 'Download' folder when I want. I also try to switch out the download folder - before - I enter a hood.  Yes, another major pain.  

Yet, isn't that what the Sims game is really?  A major pain? thlol

Easter01

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Easter giggle I think I have a love-hate relationship with the Sims most days.

Lisa, when I do actually play with the Sims I use the cheat so I can manually improve their needs. This way I'm not spending all day trying to keep everyone happy when there's more interesting things to do. autumn_18

The computer I use is typically just for browsing the internet and the Sims so the system I have now works well for me. My finace is a major tech geek so he bought me a tower with all the fancy features I needed for game play. Then we rigged the tower up to a television screen so my screen is extra big to see the game better.  bigsmile

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Easter you say you switch out your downloads folder I am not understanding this because if you do that then the game you were playing will lose all their CC and then when you go back to it they won't have the same things on..

I guess I am a bit confused on how to play different themes..

I can play different themes but have to leave ALL my CC in the downloads folder

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:22 pm

Sam, when I play sims, I have different download folders. Before you load your game, change your download folder. You will just have in your game whatever is in that particular folder. For me, I have a download folder that contains all build items and cc, another has all body shop stuff, and another has Xmas stuff. So if I want to build, I use that folder. If I want to make sims, I take that one out and use the body shop one. It makes the game run faster that way. But you are right, you can't do that while you play inlove34
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:34 pm

Ok I understand what you all do..

What I am confused about is after you take out the folder you are using those items are no longer in the game..so when put them back in the game some of your stuff like the clothes on your sim won't be there..they will have something else on..

I know because I have taken out my downloads folder a few times and put it back in..so when I went back in I had to dress my sims all over again as well as put them in front of the mirror to change their appearance because the hair was not on them anymore..

This is where I am confused..I'm sorry..and I am trying to understand..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:22 am

Sam, I think you're one of the few members here who builds, decorates, AND plays the Sims. Typically for those that folder swap, they just focus on that theme (so for Lisa she would just make a Sim, or for Easter she would just play with retro cc in Veronaville) so the other cc isn't needed. In Easter's case, none of the cc she uses in certain hoods is needed in the other so when she's playing a particular hood then there shouldn't be a problem with flashing blue or disappeared cc. Does that make sense?

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:41 am

Yes in a way alouette..I'm sorry just trying to understand and learn but somethings are just harder for me to understand than others..

This is how I am understanding Easter..(example) she has 5 hoods..one is Medieval, one is retro, one is country, one is Chic, one is Fantasy, and not sure what all she does but these are what my head came up with..

Ok..so she plays Medieval for awhile..right..she has the Medieval folder with everything Medieval in it..then she wants to play Retro..so she takes the Medieval folder out and puts the Retro in..what happens to what the Sims are wearing for clothes and hair after she put the Medieval folder back in and goes to play the game..

For me when I have done that..I go into the game and my sims are wearing maxis clothes and hair not what I had on them when I was playing last..I have had to redress my sims and put them back in the front of the mirror put their hair make on them...

So I am a bit confused..am I doing something wrong that causes that or what..

I am sorry Easter I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or anything just trying to understand..another site was trying to explain it to me and after a while they just gave up and got ticked off at me..so I just stopped asking..until now..and I will stop if I am getting anyone upset or mad or hurt feelings..I don't want that to ever happen please let me know..ok

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Sam,

I believe the important thing is to remember to completely close your game 'before' you go into another hood, switch folders - and then go back into your game.  

If you jump from hood to hood which I do sometimes without thinking, your previously placed custom will disappear because it's no longer in the download folder - so the game will replace those missing items with the game's basic content.

Keeping all the custom sorted is a pain.  Just try to remember not to change hoods while in the game. You can only play the hood that matches the custom items in the download folder you are currently using.

There's one more thing I really want to mention. The Origin program seems to have its own rules.  I do not know if this could be what's making the difference. I do not have a problem with switching folders.  However, I use cd's not Origin.  

I do hope you get all this worked out so you can play the game the way you want.  The game is so much fun to play - when it works right.

Easter01

:easter:

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Yes, Joanne is right. When i switch folders, i completely close the game down. I dont worry about Sims because i dont have any, lol. So I don't know how that might be affected.
For me, if im making a cottage, I will have my DL folder that has all the landscaping, cottage furnite, endless Kativip stuff and so on, in that folder. I dont switch hoods or houses while im in my game as it takes quite a while to build a house. Then, once im finished, i close the game. Next time I load my game, i might want to build a modern house (so i dont need thatched roofs, kativip stuff etc) so i put in my modern folder which might have lots of shiny new and modern stuff in it.
I also have a folder of stuff in my DL folder which i never remove, as i use it for old and new, lol. Its called "Tillys treasures" ha ha.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:08 pm

Easter, it works the same way for sims 4. If you go out and close the game, you can switch folders and go to the saved game (instead of neighbourhood) you want to play with. your goodies will still be there.

The secret here too is not to switch between saved games if they do not use the same content, while you are in the game.

So I save, go out, swop the folders, go back in and only load the saved game that matches the folder.

By doing that I can have more diversity and use more cc than to have all the cc in the game and then play all saved games. One must just remember which game you want to load.....since I have once added the wrong folder, and the game substituted all the content with EA's! So I had to redo it even after I swapped with the correct folder.

But currently I play only one family, a legacy, so I have not swapped the folder in a very long time.

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:12 am

I am such an idiot... shame shame shame

I have been worried about my mind lately..and it just hit me like a brick..all 3 of your explanations I understood..thlol

I am sitting here shaking my head saying I'm such an idiot..you know a few days ago I might not even have understood what was just said..but I did understand it..and it makes sense..

Well it looks like I will be spending a lot of time getting my folders sorted out and redone..but believe me I won't be taking everything out until after the Renovation Contest.. HappyDay  I don't want to lose anything I have..believe me I have lost a few items the last few days and can't find them anywhere angry  

I really need that bag over my head tilly thlol

poppy can I have that link to your fabulous smiley's so I can get that bag over my head please.. giggle

EDIT:

I got off so fast when John got home from school so I could finish up shopping then go on strike till 7 am lol

I forgot to thank all of you for your help Easter, tilly, Anita, alouette :thy: :cbs:

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:53 am

Here you go! giggle

I'm glad you've got it now! If you need anything explained don't hesitate to ask here.

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:00 am

I forgot I could save image as

Thank you alouette giggle

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
songib67

Postsongib67 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:39 am

I will sometimes play Build a lot and Fix it kate trying to get a better score. Mostly I do crossword puzzles also. I read about 4-5 books a month and I knit.  Gee, sounds like i really keep busy!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum