Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. May BAD Winners are announced! Congratulations!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» May BAD Winners!!! ♥
Today at 1:20 pm by Crissi

» Bloom Journal Issue 1
Today at 11:37 am by poppy100

» Guidelines
Today at 11:25 am by poppy100

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated May 28, 2017
Today at 11:12 am by poppy100

» coffee time
Today at 11:04 am by poppy100

» the coffee corner time
Today at 10:59 am by poppy100

» The "ing" game: (New game!)
Today at 10:43 am by Lorry

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 25/5 2017"
Today at 10:39 am by Tahoe

» DOTY GOOOOOOOOOOO Cheeries!!!
Today at 10:35 am by Tahoe

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 10:31 am by poppy100

» Bloom Updates for May 2017
Today at 6:40 am by Broomhilda61

» Are We There Yet?
Today at 4:18 am by Broomhilda61

» anneke my Sims2
Today at 3:22 am by alouette

» Comments and Questions
Today at 1:42 am by Lorry

» a question ''Anidup ~ Crissi ~ and I think Tilly
Today at 1:37 am by Lorry

Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

Tell Me Everything...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:11 pm

The time has come. I’m finally going to grit my teeth and buy the Sims 4 games. I can hardly believe that I am actually going to do it. I really liked the vampires and the sweet li’l toddlers in Sims 2, which is one of the main reasons I did not upgrade to Sims 4. I consider both of these contents absolutely necessary for a ‘normal’ and enjoyable game-play. Now that EA has finally come out with expansion packs that – allegedly - put the vamps and the rug-rats into Sims 4, I am going to have to check it out.

I’m still not going to give up my beloved Sims 2. It will remain on my laptop, which has the older operating system. My desktop PC, however, has windows 10, which is compatible with Sims 4.

Sooooo….

I hear Sims 4 is fantastic for creators, but what about the game-play?  Has the community been able to fix most of EA’s glitches?  What are the “must-have’s” in custom content? What about EA's patches? Where are they?

Tell the newbie everything. . .

Easter01

Easter01's The Father Michael's Saga can be found: Here

Easter01's Short Stories can be found: Here

Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Who said, you have to give up Sims 2? ;-)

Well, as for the recommendations...
I couldn't do anything without Kijikos Lashes.
For me Wellness is the best GP Pack and I liked Romantic Garden Acc.

The rest is up to you! What do you need? What are you interested in?
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi All,

This is what I found so far.

Base Game

Expansion Packs
 Get to Work
 Get Together
 City Living

Game packs
 Outdoor Retreat
 Spa Day
 Dine Out
 Vampires

Stuff packs
 Luxury Party Stuff
 Perfect Patio Stuff
 Cool Kitchen Stuff
 Spooky Stuff
 Movie Hangout Stuff
 Romantic Garden Stuff[
 Kids Room Stuff
 Backyard Stuff
 Vintage Glamour Stuff

Digital Deluxe Upgrade

Life of the Party
 Awesome Animal Hats
 Up All Night
 Holiday Celebration Pack

23 Updates

October 1, 2014 - Added Ghost, a new type of sim that is an optional addition to the game, the Deathflower plant, and the "Ambrosia" cooking recipe; Star Wars costumes: Yoda, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader.

November 4, 2014 - Swimming pools; various swimwear

December 16, 2014 - Two new active careers: Business and Athletic; Paid Time Off and Family Leave options.

February 3, 2015 - Genealogy panel, displaying a Sim's family tree.

March 26, 2015 - Basements, down to two levels down, and an additional above ground floor, bringing the total floors available to six; the Notebook feature on the phone, which catalogs a Sim's gardening or fishing discoveries; Paint by Reference option on the easel

May 4, 2015 - New Star Wars costumes: Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Aayla Secura; revamped loading screen.

June 11, 2015 - Newcrest, a new world containing fifteen empty lots within three new neighborhoods; the Welcome Wagon from new neighbors; the Custom Room Tool

July 9, 2015 - Half walls; locked doors; King’s and Queen’s Door, which allow only just the men or women to pass through it, respectively; towel full body outfits.

August 6, 2015 - A dishwasher is added to the appliances, which needs to be slotted into an existing non-island counter.

September 24, 2015 - New trait Jealous; Limited Interaction Trick or Treat; Claiming beds; Resizeable rugs; Underground Saunas.

November 3, 2015 - New Hire Service: Repair Man.

December 4, 2015 - 64-bit executable; Automatically disable mods after patch; Change in Sims groups; New NPC Interaction; Fire and Death Reaction Systems; New Venue Type: Pool and New Option to color water; World maps updated; Put grills in inventory.

January 7, 2016 - Modified Sims reactions to inappropriate neighbors and fights; New Wall Decorations;

February 4, 2016 - New Trait: Kleptomaniac; New Hire Service: Gardener; New Aspiration; New Content in Build Mode.

April 21, 2016 - Returning NPC: Tragic Clown.

May 19, 2016 - Females are given two male hairstyles.

June 3, 2016 - All Create-a-Sim content is available to both sexes, as well as gender customization

June 23, 2016 - Child Sims can now experience a 'Monster-Under-The-Bed', appearing as tentacles which children can either befriend or ask Adults to Spray. Adults cannot see this Monster, however. A light for warding away the Monster has also been added, which features an image of the new character 'Coolala'. This character appears in the new Kids Room Stuff as well, released June 28, 2016.

July 14, 2016 - Nannies have been added, and the ability to adjust all lights in a room in one go has been introduced.

August 18, 2016 - Sim Cell Phone covers can now be customised.

September 27, 2016 - Mexican 'Day of the Dead' CAS Items are now available, as well as new Build/Buy Mode items. A Mexican dish, Pan De Muerto, has also been added to the cooking recipes.

October 27, 2016 - Patch released in preparation for City Living. 8 new lot traits have been added to the base game. A copy paste function for build mode has been added.[55]

January 12, 2017 - The Toddler age group, along with unique Toddler traits, skills, outfits, objects and the ability to customize your sims teeth (includes the other life stages), have been added with a free game update.

Copied from Wikipedia – Here

Easter01

scared

Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Avalanche,

I have a blank slat as far as Sims 4 is concerned.  I love almost all the custom content finds Jordana and our members have posted on cbs.

I believe one of my main concerns is the glitches.  What are they?  Where can I find comments and fixes from the community?

Easter01

scared

Broomhilda61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:24 pm

OMGosh Easter..I know you will love it just like tilly does..and that worry's me that you won't be coming back to Sims2 crying

I still haven't seen any of your work except through your stories..I really wish you would share..that would be so awesome..I know your shy lol..but look how far I have come though the help and encouragement of the friends/family here at CBS..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:51 pm

Sam,

I'm not actually leaving Sims 2. That game will remain on my laptop which sits beside my desktop PC.

As far as my uploads, I don't see that happening. I did give it a try a few years ago. ~ sigh ~

I think I'll continue to share my stories for now.

Easter01

spring3

szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:36 am

Hi Easter - I have everything (lol) for ts4.

I am not experiencing any gam lags or glitches...

...that said, however, I rarely play any actual sims. I do know that the community and EA are working through the glitches caused by the patch that brought toddlers (ahead of the Vampire pack). There were a lot of cc that broke (due to needing to update rigs, etc. for toddler interaction) but that mostly seems to have been corrected by creators.

Script mods broke (they generally do), but S4S has updated three times since the toddler patch to help people deal with that (mirrors broke due to vampiric lack of reflection, lol).

I also merge my cc (as you are most likely abundantly clear, lol), so I do not experience any lagging even with 22.3gb of cc in my game.

I think you are just going to have to see what your experience of playing actually is...

...the good news? ts4 is on sale and the packs (all of them) are reasonably priced right now. There are a lot, but you don't need to have them all in order to enjoy the game.

ts4 IS different from ts2 and ts3. A lot of build things are definitely different. There are a lot of workarounds and a huge amount of awesome cc (CAS, build/buy) to enhance your experience. Depending on what you enjoy cc-wise, will dictate what you decide to purchase.

I'm available, pretty much anytime, for any questions you may have that I am able to answer :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:15 am

Suzanne,

Great info.  Thank you so much.  I started playing Sims 2 in 2005.  I am very comfortable with the hacks and custom content.  It's a bit scary to start down that path again with Sims 4.

I have my list with the game, expansions, and stuff packs.  Next, a trip to the local store.  I'm sure I will not find them all because that's how things work.  So, it might take a trip into the city. I hate that trip because it takes all day.  hate, hate, hate swear

Then I have to create an account on the Sims so I can upload the updates. ~ sigh ~

I am so thankful you all will be around for questions, tears, and fears.

Easter01

scared

szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 am

Easter - why not purchase and download straight from Origin? It is safe (you can always use PayPal instead of a debit/credit card...).

Then, your game is there whenever you want it - updates, patches, etc...

(Just curious)

(are these even available physically anymore?)

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:50 am

Stay away from Origin..you don't want to download straight from there..I lost ALL OF MY SIMS2 games and one of my Sims3 games Ambitions ..because of Origin..please stay away from Origin..

I'm sorry Easter..maybe someday..but the stories are awesome..and I am your biggest fan lol..so I will continue with that..lol..

Sooner or later everyone will lose everything from Sims3 and Sims4 from Origin..they are selfish and greedy..

valentine1f

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:07 am

I love Origin, Ive had no issues at all with them. It also updates your game for you. I'm a newbie myself so cant really add much. Im not very keen on building right now, its very different and I keep wanting to build the same way as sims 2. I do really like S4 studio to recolor, so Im enjoying that mostly. I play on my old gaming laptop, so I can play for as long as I like, which wouldn't happen on the PC! I experience a little bit of lagging, but not much, and my graphics card isnt fantastic. Its ok for now, and if I love Sims 4, ill update my laptop to a newer spec. But right now, I work long hours, so its not an issue as I don't have much time to play. I think you will really like it when you get used to it Joanne. I think Sims 2 has finally had its day. :girlie5:
Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Well Easter, you cannot run Sims 4 without Origin. Yes, there might be trouble sometimes, but it's a risk, you have to take. I never had the same problems as a friend. She could not log in to Origin for example. Never experienced that.
There's a discount on the EP's at the moment I think. It's worth a try.
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:23 pm

I've not had any problems with Origin, yet! But I've only had it a short time, fingers crossed!
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:35 pm

tilly, I completely agree with you about the Sims 2 game.  It seems to have run its course. It's so sad. I really enjoyed it.  

Origin in something to consider. I have read good and bad comments. I think since the games are on-sale right now that is the way to go.  

Everything will be new for me including the new hoods, the round faced sims, and the custom content including hacks that fix all the glitches.

I'm sure I will have lots and lots of questions.

scared

Last edited by Easter01 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:17 pm

When this is over and done with..I have a feeling I will be the only person playing Sims2 in the whole world.. crying

I am sticking to my guns and won't go to any other Sims games.. onstrike with all other Sims games giggle

valentine1f

Easter01

PostEaster01 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:42 am

Sam,

I'm not giving up Sims 2. I'm going to play it on my laptop. I figure it will take forever to get Sims 4 up and running. I have a lot to read about the glitches. I'm excited about downloading a lot of custom content.  I also believe there will be a learning curve involved with Sims 4.

I'll give it a go. If it works, that's great. It if doesn't, that's okay too.

Easter01

sisters

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:29 am

I think that is the way to go Joanne. Im the same. If I love it, great....if not, ill go straight back to sims 2, lol.
There is a lot to learn, especially for a builder like me. You can do a lot more, and its figuring stuff out. The cameras particularly annoy me though.....but there is something good about not knowing what im doing. Ive played sims 2 since 2002, and I know exactly what i can do with the game. I like learning different ways, although at heart, im still a sims 2 girl....
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi Easter, my comment comes a bit late, but I was away for the weekend.
I have never experienced any problems with Origin since I moved on to sims 4 which was since it's release. The account was hacked once, but I was assisted to have it sorted and I now have all my security stuff in place and it has not happened again. Even though the account was hacked, nothing bad happened, since I buy through paypal and there is good security for your personal info there.

So, I am quite happy with origin.

As goes for the sims 4. I play a lot. Like I have said in the past, my playing leads to my being creative. I can not do the one without the other. There may be a few glitches, or stuff getting "broken" as new things are released, but my experience is that it gets fixed very soon after it's discovered. I have a great graphics card, and my machine is able to handle the game with quite a number of cc installed.

I have to go in game and out quite a lot when I am meshing, since I need to check the mesh as I work on it, and I have never struggled to get the game running.

I have windows 7 still, so can't say much about running the game in windows 10, but from what I have read, there seems to be no hassles with that.

If building is your forte like for Tilly, you might be a tad disappointed, but hopefully we will be able to work with ground elevation soon. The toddlers are much better than what we had in the sims 2, and I like playing the toddlers.

I am all for the change to sims 4, I do not have the sims 2 installed anymore, and don't think I will ever go back to the sims 2 at all.

As for the patches, I think as you install the latest game pack, your game will come fully patched already. And when you load the game through origin, you will be notified about a new patch. actually, your game won't be playable until you installed the patch. I have turned the automatic updates off, since I have quite a lot of cc, which I remove from the game when I install the patch, and put back thereafter. It is just safer to do it that way, I think.
I you want to read about a patch before you install it, you can read more about it at SimsVIP.com. They are offering quite a number off tip offs, soon enough for one to stay abreast of what it is all about.
Lastly, welcome to the sims 4 !!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:03 pm

I didn't have problems with Origin for a long time..I even supported them and defended them..but after they stopped supporting Sims2..it all went down hill..and now I don't have ANY of my Sims2 games in Origin they took them all away from me..and even took my avatar down..and my friends list..and all of that..and I can't play the disks..anymore..

Just be careful..Sims4 is new and once it starts getting old like Sims2..it may change..so please just be careful with Origin..

I won't say anything else about this..

valentine1f

szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:15 am

I've ever had issues with Origin, either... in fact, when I had disks and they converted to downloading through Origin, they updated me and didn't charge me all over again...

...even when I had used my "several" downloads, they continued to allow me to download. Sigh. I guess everyone has their unique experiences. I did find them to be knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful anytime I needed to contact them.

Regarding camera/point of view in ts4, if you have a middle mouse button (wheel), you might go into Game Options, Game Camera and check the ts3 camera setting box... that allows you to use the middle mouse button/wheel to change point of view.

I use a combination of that (mostly) and the arrow keys (right-hand mouse, left-hand arrow keys). I even use the keyboard controls on occasion. I would be totally screwed without the ts3 camera control setting.

When that wasn't available, it was correctly really fast as a lot of people complained.

Also, building in ts4 does take a bit of getting used to, but once you do, you will find you can do a whole lot you didn't think you could do. While there is currently no terrain types of cheats (everything is flat in ts4 except for one small part of a single lot in Oasis), there are workarounds and a lot of cc to accommodate builders. If you aren't worried about the game being playable, you can do just about everything with cc and "bb.moveobjects on" cheat.

The alt key is also important; there is no turning of snapping to slots, but there are even workarounds for that.

Let me know if you want links or just want to talk via skype :D

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:07 am

I do like the alt key and arrows, to move around. I think that's good. The camera is good, as you say, if you play with a mouse that has a middle wheel. I play on a laptop without a middle wheel (a mousepad) and there are real difficulties with that. I use the numpad, but it's still not a very workable solution. I've built houses, but taking pictures of them, I'm not happy with....so no uploads of a house from me yet, lol. I do think it just takes time to get used to.
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi All,

I drove into town yesterday and purchased the Sims 4 base game and the Get to Work expansion pack.  I was not surprised that the PC game selection was so small. I looked at the additional Sims 4 games on-line and found two bundle packs that have the next six games/stuff packs from 2015.  Wow! Expensive!!!

Thank you all so much for the info. It’s amazing how much the gaming world has changed lately.  This whole download thing seems a bit unfriendly. I should be able to ‘buy’ the disk and upload my game.

Anita, I really appreciate the link to SimsVIP. I have been to this site several times for news updates for cbs, but I never really looked deeply into all the available info.  It’s wonderful with all the Q&A.

Tilly, Suzanne and Avalanche, thank you for your info and encouragement. A good attitude is the first step in any new project, especially an expensive one. This is a game, doggone it, not a new piece of furniture for the living room. I hate to waste money. So, I’m stepping lightly.  I’ll be loading the base game this afternoon. First, I need to register on the Sims site. That’s scary…

I’m, sort of, excited about seeing all the new graphics. Does one of the hoods have the original - Goth and Pleasant – families?  

Easter01

Last edited by Easter01 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Yes Easter, the Goths are back and are living in Willow Creek.
The Landgraabs are part of the Spring Oasis neighbourhood.
I can not remember about the Pleasant family though.....
Easter01

PostEaster01 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 pm

I hate being such a complete newbie. I seem to hesitate at everything. I'm looking at the 'must haves' from Sims 2 and questions are starting to surface.  For instance: Does Sims 4 need something like  Numenor's "CEP" - Color Enable Package?

Today's progress: I bought a new 1TB extended drive and a new set of speakers with headset. Both of these new items would require me to stand on my head under my desk to plug them in.  Finally, my wonderful hubby came to my rescue. He stood on his head and plugged everything in and set-up my extended drive.

My hero...   valentine1f

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:03 am

That's funny Easter.. giggle

valentine1f

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum