Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Hello
Today at 4:24 am by Easter01

» Hello All!!
Today at 4:24 am by Easter01

» Sims 4 Natatanec Bathroom "Akvaton"
Today at 4:14 am by TaTschu

» Hello!
Today at 4:02 am by alouette

» A New Day
Today at 3:57 am by alouette

» New hereeeee!
Today at 3:55 am by alouette

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 3:55 am by michelleab

» Hi! I'm new here. Thanks for letting me join you!
Today at 3:55 am by alouette

» My garden
Today at 3:53 am by michelleab

» Tillys fur babies
Today at 3:50 am by michelleab

» Jamie´s Lego built
Today at 3:49 am by michelleab

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 3:49 am by alouette

» Help please with SimPE
Today at 3:48 am by Samantha61

» A Tour Of Chicklet's RL House (Updated 9-18-17 LOL)
Today at 3:47 am by michelleab

» How did you find Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims or CherryBlossom Sims
Today at 3:47 am by michelleab

Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

The Mix: A chat thread for all members

Page 3 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:42 pm

That is indeed sad news Marie, I do hope you will be able to make a plan to keep Jamie's cow somewhere close so he would still have her.

Many farmers in South Africa suffer the same fate loosing their farms due to debt. We have a bank catering for loans for the farmers, but after a while and not being able to repay, they are very quick in demanding back the money, and failure to do so ends up in civil judgments, and the farms being sold on auction. And here, that is sold very cheap.
It makes me so angry that people are willing to build their own riches on the heartache of someone else's suffering.

So I pray that things will end well for your children Marie.
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Your idea sounds good Suzanne but there are 130 cows, 40 heifers and 20 calves, and they move not just somewhere I wish it was that simple, but they must be milked, have food, have an infirmary and one for dry cows and according to Swedish law, all cows have the opportunity to be out six months of the year.
Anita: It is like this too. There was one who was willing to buy everything and then sell it back to Zandrah and Tommy but then changed his bank suddenly and raised the sum of 8 million, it is as if they have decided. They say that it shut down a dairy farm a week in Sweden but I do not think people know what the job is to be a farmer.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Good afternoon everyone..how are all of you doing..bigsmile

Your right Marie..there is a lot to think and do when being a farmer or rancher..I grew up in Nevada and a lot of ranches..it's hard work..

Then with the milk, it can't be just milked by hand if you sell it to stores..those cows have to be put on milkers..the milk can't be introduced to the air, dirt, any of that..

Very long hours and very hard rewarding work..then the Government steps in..and no money for all that hard and rewarding work..

I really do feel for you and your family..I wish I could be there to help you all out financially..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:36 am

I'd figured there were more than just a few cows, but (I can't help myself, lol), Holy Cow!\

That's quite a large dairy farm!

I take it he has more than one favorite cow, then?

Is it possible for him to take on a partner, or several, in order to keep the dairy portion of the farm?

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:55 am

I do not know what will happen, now we can only wait and see.
Hope is the last thing you lose.
And my husband does this hint whether he would win enough money, he would buy everything.

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Marie, that is so hard, to perhaps lose your farm! But dairy farmers do get it tough. Many of our dairy farmers were the same, but now the government has set a minimum price paid to the dairy farmers for milk. Not sure if that helped or not. But it must be such a worry for you. :girlie5:
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Howdy, Howdy everyone

I hope everyone is good today..

Marie, I hope everything is going better for you today..keeping you and your family in my prayers..

~hugs and smiles~

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:07 pm

I hope it does not happen Tahoe
maybe there is a solution  consol1
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:42 am

Here's thinking good thoughts for you and yours, Marie.

hugss

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words, it warms even if it is not my life's work as it affects the us anyway.
Milk prices are lower here than they were 30 years ago, they may not even half of what milk costs, and people do not want to pay more for mjöken. They made an attempt last summer to take a penny more, would go directly to the farmer and did not want to pay more, you had to fill out a piece of paper and submit at checkout and it was very many who did it, which the cashier thought was strange .
I talked to Zandrah (my daughter) in the day and she said that she move in anyway a little bit so she will not see the barn her husband would not move when he thinks of Jamie and Lexie, I think it would be very difficult for Jamie both lose all cows (he follows and works still) and furthermore having to move from grandma and Grandpa too.
In last summer when I was able to sit out on the patio and hear him play in their sandbox and he saw me and shouted hello grandma, or so he calls and asks if he can come and visit, I would miss it so much because I'm used to having them so close.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:07 pm

You are so blessed to have them so close to you, Marie, and my most sincere wish for you is that it would be possible for them to stay close to you.
Changes brings so much stress!!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:45 am

Good Morning :cbs:

I haven't been to bed yet and it's almost 3 am..my brain is gone I don't have a thing to say lol.. lovepaint

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:16 am

I hope you can sleep well at Sam.
Self I just want to sleep with my urinary started arguing again, and it's hard to sleep when it penetrates and hurts. It usually always pop up when I have a cold or so but now it came without warning so I wonder if it could be due to everything that happened the last time.
In addition, should my son run up on Wednesday again he missed the past time, she thought he did not look closely enough at the railway crossing, the crossing has bars so he was not thinking about it and then there were two things but he had not been taught in driving school.
This would facilitate a driver's license then maybe he can get a job here, it's very bad with buses and in summer it is even worse.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:22 pm

I slept good Marie thank you

What happened to your son..

It's supposed to be in the 60's today and in the 70's tomorrow and then dropping 20 or so degrees..Robins are still passing through daily and I seen two male Cardinals..yesterday..

Have to take Beast out..he wouldn't poop the last 2 times lol..be back in a bit..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:24 am

Howdy everyone..wow I can't believe how dead it is today for posting..whatever

Must admit it is Monday after all..maybe tomorrow gnome

Have a great evening, night and day everyone bigsmile

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:25 pm

When he'd run up the running board so thought verifier that he looked for a little over shoulder at a red light, it could have been a cyclist.
And he looked for soon after the train at the railway crossing though there are barriers you have to certainly check very carefully.
But he'll run up again tomorrow so we keep our fingers crossed.
I do not know how it is to get a driving license in other countries. But first, do a read test but 70 questions and you will have a maximum of 10 errors, then you have to go for a drive with a controller that checks how to drive, sometimes you get parking, driving in the parking garage, back or drive out to the country it takes about 40 minutes to run up.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:57 pm

It is similar here in South Africa, Marie.
You write an exam, they allow 10 errors, and then you are issued with a learners licence. That is valid for a specific period. Then you make an appointment to be tested for the final driver's licence. In the time you have the learners, you may not drive a vehicle on a public road, without having a licensed driver with you in the car.

When you then go to be tested, you have to do a parallel parking, drive in the town and execute a few other maneuvers. When you go for this test, you are not allowed any errors. So getting the final one is quite tough here.

I was lucky, I was 18 when I got mine, got it the first time around, and has never been involved in an accident on the road. (Had minor incidents though where I misjudged my distance from the garage wall though thlol

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Good morning, evening, night everyone..how are all of you doing today..

It's about the same way here in the US as well..not sure how many questions on the test..haven't done that in years lol..

I have been driving since I was 10..but didn't get my drivers license till I was 21..have had 3 tickets and one of them was a bumpers fender..I didn't have breaks on the car..so I didn't fight it..lol..the other 2 was I had idiots for cops that day..that is what other cops have told me lol..

It looks like we are going to get some very bad weather this evening..hope the Electricity don't go off lol..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:52 am

Omgosh we got pea size and bigger in hail..tornado watch and I got a cool picture of lightening..let's hope it got into my email..and got picture of the hail I hope it got to my email as well..let you all know..Becky is going to be getting it as well..I hope her and her family are safe..and let's see who else is in this mess that I know..CindaLove..is in it..have to go to her site and check on her..make sure she is ok..was skyping with Becky..I hope her and her family is in a safe place..

be right back going to check email...

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:30 am

This is hail we just had about an hour or so ago

And this is the only picture that I was able to get with the lightening..about the same time

I have never been able to get a picture of lightening..so this is beautiful..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:44 am

ohno wow .. sam!
it is great to see the light flash
what a good idea of yours to make a picture of it,

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 am

My son called me half an hour ago and said he had passed the driving test. He was so happy that he trembled at the voice. I'm so happy for him and he'll have to drive me to the doctor on Friday just because.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Congratulations to your son Marie! I am so happy for him!

Sam! I am scared of lightning! but it is a beautiful picture you shared!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:10 pm

That is awesome Marie :Spring2   Oh just remember this is the time when all of a sudden you look in the mirror and your all grey.. rofl301   even if you are grey before you will be greyer now runcircle ROFL

poppy that picture was taken with my cell phone..and then I just made it a bit smaller..I love that picture..

We made it through that storm..although 1 person did die from a falling tree it wasn't a tree he was on I-65 and it got him in Southern Missouri..and two other in Illinois..

Growing up I was terrified of storms..and then in 1980 just after getting married I seen my first tornado coming through that town and I fell in love with storms..omgosh I would be a storm chaser if I could lol..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Congratulations to your son Marie! :summerB8:
Oh I love that picture of lightening. Its not that strong here, so we dont see it much, unless it gets very hot, then it can happen. I would not want to see a tornado in real life, they are very scary. But those tv programmes where you see them chasing the storms, i am gripped. Im always shouting at the tv "get out of there!"
We had a teeny tiny tornado once, but i didnt see it. That is very very rare in this country!

Page 3 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum