Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. There is an issue with Photobucket: Can all members please replace missing images or the posts will have to be deleted. Thank you! Voting for June B.A.D Contest is now open. Closing date for voting is July 24th. Come and vote for your winner! Issue 2 of Bloom magazine is now out. Go and take a look!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Build a Lake House
Today at 6:04 am by Lorry

» TS4 Lake House Build
Today at 5:57 am by Lorry

» So That Happened
Today at 5:48 am by Lorry

» Yes or No
Today at 5:45 am by Lorry

» The "ing" game: (New game!)
Today at 5:43 am by Lorry

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 5:40 am by Lorry

Today at 5:19 am by fifisallie

» Hello from Ice~
Today at 5:18 am by fifisallie

» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 25/7 2017
Today at 4:49 am by darksyngr

» Another Era Challenge
Today at 3:52 am by darksyngr

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 1:46 am by Lorry

» I am upset....NOPE, not anymore......
Today at 1:38 am by Lorry

» Word association
Today at 1:33 am by Lorry

» B A D August
Today at 1:32 am by Lorry

» What's the history of your avatar?
Today at 1:25 am by Lorry

Whats new?

TS4: TS3 conversion of Louvered doors by Chicklet

TS4: Cyclonesue chimneys by Chicklet

TS4: Rug Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Wicker Chair Conversion by Anidup

TS4: House by Oldbox

TS2-TS4 Conversion by Chicklet

TS4: Painting RC's by Crissi

TS4: Painting RC's Anidup

TS4: Masculine curtain recolours by Chicklet

TS4: B.A.C Espresso room recolours by Anidup

TS4: Wicker conversions by Chicklet

TS2: Sim by Maryann

TS4: Farmhouse Chic by Chicklet

TS4: Painting Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Bedding Recolors by Anidup

TS4: Wallpapers by Anidup

TS4: Recolors of EA Maxis Poster

TS4: RC Lounge set by Oldbox

S4: Curtain RC by Oldbox

TS2-TS4: Suza loft plant by Anidup

TS4: Sweet Tea Porch Set by Chicklet

TS4: Sunday Morning by Tilly

TS4: Candice Olson Bette Lounge conversion by Anidup

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

The Mix: A chat thread for all members

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:42 am

Thank you, Anneke - but I'm not the Angel :D

Sam - I hope your headache gets better soon <3

Hi TJ!!!

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:35 am

I had fallen asleep while watching Twilight..my head feels a bit better..still I think I am going to make a doctors appointment to find out why I am getting these headaches..up until the end of last month I was only getting them on the left side of my head behind the left eye..after that serious coughing spell I had back in 2011-12..now they are constant..and getting worse..without me coughing..

I know my allergies are doing a lot of this..but it's not normal for me to get headaches..

It's so hot out right now..and it's after midnight..and the humidity is so bad..

John is working so I am staying up until he gets home don't now when that will be..I want to make sure his kids are ok..even though Tay is 16 I still worry about them being alone 2 flights up above me..

Off to move more pictures..out of tinypic..and onto Imgur and Servimg.com

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ~Community
My Tumblr
poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 am

I hope you do not suffer from migraines'' Sam 
As I do. When I read a lot or look at small pictures for a long time

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 pm

No I don't think these are regular migraines poppy..

But they are getting worse..and now they won't go away..I have a doctor appointment on the 20th to see what is going on..it if gets to the point I can't sleep or be able to see I will go to the emergency room..

Well it is past noon and still no UPS truck...although one did go by earlier..

Terry is having a double birthday party Monday..for Evan and Madysin..so I have started really cleaning the place..have to clean out the refrigerator someone spilled kool aid all over in it and didn't clean it up..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
poppy100
Forum Champion

Postpoppy100 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:26 pm

scared om my sam.

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:44 am

Hi girls! Just checking in!

Sam - I'm glad your headache is better, and even more glad you have a doctor's appt scheduled to find out what's going on. I hope they run some tests.

*waves to Suzanne! Hey girl! When you get time I have questions regarding the Mod Conflict program.

Lorry - I read your son flew in for a visit! How exciting! I know you'll have a great time!

I still can't believe all the chaos PB has caused everybody! What a totally rotten thing to do without warning! Shame on them! I hope everybody moves their photos and deletes their account and they go broke! That would serve them right!

It's been crazy, hectic, and busy around my house in RL this week. I swear my kids are so needy, I almost never have an evening alone to sit and read and write posts, let alone work on any new sets.

And, I merged all my CC the other night, took forever to do too, but the game didn't take but maybe 10 minutes to load, so I was happy. And, I was soooo excited to load my game and just decorate this wonderful house I had downloaded.

I typed in a search word in the game and BLAM! I crashed back to my desktop. Something in those merged files my game didn't like. So, I ran the Mod Conflict program, and there was a LOT of TS3 stuff in there, so I'm hoping by removing that it will fix the problem.

I'm trying to get more organized, I have back-ups of all my back-ups, I swear! LOL I have folders upon folders of all my TS4 stuff, every creator has a folder, but then I also have a folder (full of folders of creators that allow meshes to be included so I can load that into Sims 4 Studio so I know what I can recolor. But, I'm soooo afraid to delete my back up folders of all my back up folders! LOL

So, that is what I've been doing on my night off, instead of playing or creating or decorating, I'm doing the tedious task of trying to clean everything up! YUCK!

And, while I was eating, I figured I'd pop in and say Hi!

I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:27 am

you have been busy TJ lol..

I hope they find what is causing these headaches..

Well my computer was supposed to be here today..they were in town..but it's almost 8:30 pm and no show for the UPS...so that means Monday..

Have a lot of bookmarks to get placed in my site and I uninstalled my game..but before I did that I took my downloads folder and put in on the desktop..now it is also time to take everything from there and put it all on the USB Port..

Off to do all that now lol..

Have a great weekend everyone

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:03 am

Stupid UPS...they can't even get the right address..they delivered one package to somewhere without my signature and the other one will be delivered Monday to who knows where.. angry

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:33 am

Sam now this is why you have such a headache!!!!
I do hope that the delivery company has insurance!
And that they will go out of their way to make sure you get the packages meant for you!
What a huge disappointment for you..... I knew you were looking forward to Suzanne's gift to you!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:43 am

Anita - yes, the packages are insured :D  Claim in already and will speak with Investigative Team on Monday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TJ - regarding the Mod Conflict Detector...

ts3 sets showing up - if they are from thesimsresource, you are okay. Especially anumberswoman, mutske, simman, etc... They show as ts3 for some reason.

If from another site, just verify that the files are actually for ts4 - some conversion meshes still show as ts3 after converting to ts4.

You can test those by opening a new ts4 game with just those files.

I have the same search issue in my Big Game. I can search fine in my Small Game (28ishgb).

Next - conflict notifications. If the item is in the same set as the item it is conflicting with - there is no actual conflict. It is okay.

I have yet to come across a conflict notification for items in different sets with different creators. It can happen, but it is rare.

If you get a notice for a ts2 file, then it is a ts2 file and you should delete it.

If you get a red notification for bad/broken cc, you can attempt to redownload the file. Sometimes, for example, with sets from leosims, I download each item individually instead of the entire set. I was running into bad cc notices before or files that didn't have everything in them.

Generally, if it is bad/broken cc, it actually is and you need to redownload the file. Sometimes, the actual item is corrupted and there is nothing you can do.

If you can upload a picture of anything in particular, please do so.

Also, it is a pain to delete things... when selecting items, if you don't click right in the center of the space, it will deselect everything you've already selected...

...I increase my screen magnification when I'm using this application to make selecting files for deletion easier. :D

Not sure what else you might be running into - so please just add it here :D :D :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding not being able to search...

Was your game searching fine before merging? With the exact same cc loaded?

If it was, then do the 50/50 with the merged cc files...

This way, you can narrow down which merge file is causing the inability to search (i.e., causing your game to crash when you attempt searching). When you figure it out, test the unmerged cc for that merge file and see if you can recreate the inability to search with just that cc.

It is a tedious process, but faster because the merged cc files will load more quickly than trying it with the unmerged cc folders.

We can skype whenever you have time, or I can pm you my phone number :D

poppy100
Forum Champion

Postpoppy100 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:00 am

Anidup said ---   Sam now this is why you have such a headache!!!!.... ((your funny anita  rofl301 ))

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:47 pm

Sam - I'm sorry your package didn't arrive when they said! I absolutely hate when that happens! I hope it all gets straightened out soon

Suzanne - You Are Amazing! TYSM! That was a perfect explanation! And, I was wondering how I had so many TS3 items, I mean, I do download TS2, TS3, and TS4 items all the time, for conversions, but I'm normally diligent at putting the game type in front of the name when I save it to download but I knew that I might have missed a few. I ended up just deleting them. I haven't tested it yet as to see if it still crashes me. I'm still remerging.

And OMG, you would never believe what happened to me last night! So, I decided to go thru all my various back-up, back-up folders and combine most of them, but I separated walls & floors and build mode items into their own folders, and one for objects, and one for "Sim" stuff. I did keep a back-up of all my folders with objects by individual creator names tho.

So, I combining a rather larger folder of objects, had just gotten done running the Bulk Rename program, was looking over everything to make sure I didn't miss nothing and saw 2 items with periods in the name, so I go to manually rename those and don't ask me how, but somehow .... windows rename 3208 files to the same thing! I was freaking out! At first I thought it had made copies so I was going to delete them all, then I noticed all the file sizes were different and I have NO CLUE as to what files they are. So I just deleted them, afraid they'd crash my game with the same name, then I thought about it and ran the Mod Conflict thing, it didn't show any of them as duplicates, so I left them in my folder and merged them, but I will never be able to tell if something is making my game crash now tho! I was seriously emo-sad! That was 1/3 of my entire objects folder!

So, I may be starting from scratch soon LOL
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:07 pm

I feel the struggle. I'm trying to fix my mods folder now and I keep making stupid mess ups like renaming files then adding same files back in with all the symbols. I'm so bad at this that I swear I'd pay someone to fix my mods folder for me lol.
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:18 pm

I told Suzanne to tell them on Monday..she shouldn't have to pay for the shipping and handling..what do you all think..
I would personally be up the rear end of the head of UPS..come Monday..

What I am afraid of is whoever got that package..may open it and take things out..or just steal the whole box..that is how the people are around here..the part that is missing is everything except the tower..

That's funny Anita..lol..

I have to go lay down my head is spitting again..

I'm supposed to be going around and knocking on doors but this headache is making me want to throw up..and it is soooo hot right now..

OH NO TJ..that would really freak me out with 3208 files being renamed to the same thing..and to start over again..I know the feelings lol..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:28 am

Oh that is really annoying. UPS lost so much of my stuff when I lived in NYC, but lets not talk about that, lol.
Maybe they will deliver this week, I'm sure Suzanne will be on to them, to sort it out. What about checking the tracking for the parcel? UPS once lost a whole trunk full of my stuff, but it was finally found and delivered about 6 weeks later. I thought Royal Mail drove me up the wall....( I will post any other way possible, lol)but UPS is the same! Hang in there Sam!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:35 am

I don't think that UPS is any different than the postal service here in the US..you can't trust any of them...

I have looked either someone took that box and the deal off of the doorknob or they didn't deliver in the right area..I wonder sometimes if these people are dyslexic with letters and numbers..

I'm hanging in there tilly thank you..

They said they delivered at 7 pm..I was outside at 7 pm..but earlier that morning UPS truck went by here then John seen one on 3rd street..that is on the west side of Main street..we are on the east side..

My headache seems to be better this evening..and come tomorrow will have Evan for 2 weeks..and right now Madysin is spending the night upstairs with Tanaja and Taniya..

I'm off to do some cleaning..didn't get anything done today with that stupid headache..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:12 am

tel2 Oh that's just annoying, Sam! I'm sure things will be sorted soon. How hard is it, really, to read an address?!  swear When I have things that require a signature I have UPS hold it for me until I pick it up from the store and actually sign for it, though I know that may not be an option for you.

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Oh, TJ!!!

That's terrible!

Sigh - I should mention (late, I apologize) that if I notice that, I go in through my regular file manager, not Bulk Rename to manually delete a few things (like those extra periods or nonEnglish symbols). I'm so sorry...

...I'm just glad that you saved the files.

You can tell if they are causing an issue, though...

...just put in the unmerged files and check to see if they are working. If so, just put in the merged cc file and check again.

If all is well, then you are okay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If all is well with the unmerged, but not the merged, try this:

If not, do the break down the 3000+ unmerged (same-named files) into smaller merged cc files and check those.

This way, there at least is a method to test for which merged files contain cc that is causing an issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, Great News on the Package/UPS Issue!!!

Sam was able to find the misdelivered package in the basement of the adjoining apartment building.

I've updated UPS about the issue and Sam is leaving a not at that location so the driver can deliver to the correct location on Monday.

Yeah! Sam has half the computer system!!! (everything but the tower) <3

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:49 pm

Well, we found the box..it wasn't even in the basement it was at the backdoor before going down the basement..idiots

I finally opened it up and omgosh..there is a wireless router, speakers..they look brand new, keyboard and mouse and they look brand new, and the biggest Monitor/Screen or whatever that is called..it's huge..lol..

Thank you, thank you so much Suzanne loveflower bighugs2

I can't wait to get the tower HappyDay

I think I will spend most of the day in between both buildings..so if they mess up I will catch them at it..lol.. impatient

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:52 pm

I just read your post Alouette..no we don't have UPS in this town the closest is 25-30 miles away in Columbia..

I will leave a note on the door a well..before dark..I'm to tired to do it right now..Evan is here and Madysin will be coming home shortly and I have to figure out what to feed everyone..maybe just sandwiches it's to hot to cook..even with the air conditioning lol

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:52 pm

grouphug Angels, I tell you, Sam...

...there are Angels on this site :D

summerB7

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:53 pm

Yes there are a lot of Angels on this site..very special Angels..thank you again..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:18 am

Well Deanna, Madysin's mom changed her mind again..now Madysin will be going to school where they live instead of going to school here..and I bet before school starts it will be changed again and if Deanna has to go to the hospital again then Madysin will have to be transferred over here..I wouldn't put up with it..but Terry is waiting for Deanna to mess up..and that way he will get custody of her..and she will sooner or later..but in the mean time Madysin is yoyoing back and forth..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:38 am

Sam - Awww I'm sorry Madysin (and the rest of your family) is being pulled in different directions so often. That is soooo not good for children! I hope everything turns out ok. But Yeeeehawww! about the package not being lost (or stolen!) so that is fantastic news! And, only one more day! Are you super duper excited?

Suzanne - It's ok you didn't know, but I didn't remove the periods from within Bulk Name Utility, I knew I couldn't remove them that way because it would also remove all the .package periods. I was actually just on my desktop and highlighted it and clicked rename, and I have no idea how (or why) it renamed them all, unless I some how had the entire folder highlighted, which I didn't even know you COULD bulk rename something LOL ... Oh well, all is ok I guess, my game runs ok, I can search, and I have most of my objects.

I have been working on a very special project .. it's a pretty big set, but it's coming along quite nicely and I'm super excited about it, and I can't wait to share it!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 am

Oh, yes, I did misunderstand, TJ...

...did you try a Ctrl+Z before yelling at your computer?

...I have no idea if that would have worked... Sigh. I still feel badly about it.

...Did I tell you the time I deleted my entire set of cc folders? And, then emptied the Recycle Bin?

...oh, yeah - I do relate. bored shame omg crazyspin summerB12 computersmi pull hair out saying goodbye crying

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't wait to see what you are working on now... you do such wonderful sets! summerB7

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum