Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area.  All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!    Check out the new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store. Bloom Magazine issue 3 is now out! 
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Autumn Siggies 2017
Today at 4:58 pm by Crissi

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 4:13 pm by sunkal

» The age factor
Today at 3:36 pm by Ginnie

» Mama bear papa bear and baby bear shirts for sims4
Today at 2:23 pm by anidup

» B.A.D Contest October: Questions and Comments
Today at 2:19 pm by anidup

» Autumn Avatars 2017
Today at 2:17 pm by anidup

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Today at 2:04 pm by anidup

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 2:03 pm by anidup

» Solved-I am so sorry! :(
Today at 2:07 am by Chicklet45368

» TaTschu Sims4 CC 17. October Updates 2017
Yesterday at 4:21 pm by TaTschu

» Hello! :)
Yesterday at 3:50 pm by anidup

» Helllo
Yesterday at 3:49 pm by anidup

» Patty3060 Sims4 House 16/10/2017 Update
Yesterday at 10:55 am by patty3060

» hello :)
Yesterday at 4:06 am by mckenziesprecher

» Family Time
Yesterday at 3:21 am by EziosMinionSixx

Whats new?

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Designer bathroom walls by TaTschu

TS4: Tahoes House by Lorry

TS3-TS4 House by Lorry

TS4: Under the stairs by Lorry

TS4: Ocean Breeze by Lorry

TS4: Fight like a girl by Chicklet

TS4: Cassandre's toy conversion by Anidup

TS4: Old Wood floors by TaTschu

TS4: Peyton by Lorry

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

Question about Sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi All,

I finally have all the Sims 4 games, eps, stuff packs and hope to load part/all of them this week-end.

I read, somewhere, that it is not a good idea to register the game with EA because apparently that's when all the problems start.

My Question:

Is this true?

How does EA upload the patches/updates if you don't register?

~ sigh ~ not keen with on-line games. ~ sigh ~

Easter01

dontworry

Tell Me A Story Album:  Here
Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Not sure what you mean Easter. Origin or EA? I'm quite sure, I had to register at Origin, but I did nothing at EA. But your Origin log-in also works at the official EA forum.
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Posttilly on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Do you mean Origin Joanne? I have had no problems with Origin, for me, it works better as they automatically update your game. I downloaded my games from Origin, it was fast and easy. I think Sam had issues with Origin, but that was for sims 2. I haven't registered with EA.
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks Ava and tilly,

That helped a lot because I was finally able to use the correct search words to understand the deal about origin.

This is what I found on wiki:  "The EA Store and EADM client were merged and re-branded as Origin in June 2011".

So, it's the old game launcher with a new name. I also found out that this is how updates are loaded into the Sims 4 game.

I know all this is old hat to all the Sims 4 gamers. For me, it's all new and I'm suspicious of on-line connections for computer games.

Maybe, I'm just comfortable with Sims 2.  I'm sure after all is said and done, I'll wonder what took me so long.  Oh, I know. It was the tremendous waste of time and money I spent on Sims 3.

Easter01

thlol

Tell Me A Story Album:  Here
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Sims 4 takes a bit of getting used to. I really dont like how we build in sims 4. But recoloring is a cinch!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:42 pm

I think if I hadn't registered my Sims2 games with Origin/EA I might not have the problems I do now..but I have found others with the exact same issues when I was lurking on other sites..so I am not the only one with the same issues..there are others that can not download their Sims2 disks anymore from Origin or just their disks after registering them..

Sims4 I bought through Origin..and only have the digital..played one hour and then I was done..I do still have it in Origin..

Bought Sims3/Ambitions together at Wal Mart..registered them..now I still have Sims 3 but my Ambitions game is gone in Origin..so not even sure if I can download either one of them from the disks or not..

tilly, if recoloring is a cinch in Sims4 is it just as fun or challenging doing that as it was in Sims2..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Its waaaay better recoloring in Sims 4. SimPe for sims 2 drove me up the wall sometimes. Sims 4 studio is easy peasy.....
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:45 pm

lol..I think SimPE has driven a lot of creators and designers up the wall many times lol..I have read a lot of things about SimPE..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:02 am

Joanne... most of the gaming community does it this way, these days... Steam, Origin, etc. These companies have a vested interest to keep their businesses profitable, so it behooves them to keep players' information secure and safe and to keep current with malware, viruses, etc.

Having online connections allows them to update everyone whenever the need arises.

I have had zero issues. Not with gameplay (patches correct any issues almost immediately); not with online payment options.

Regarding that, you can always set up PayPal for an extra layer of security between online sites and your bank/credit accounts.

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:49 am

Joanne, I agree with Szanne, I have had the sims 4 from the day it was released, and I never had a problem with Origin or downloading the games.

I had damage to my pc last year and had to buy new hardware. And without any problems I was able to re-download all my games onto the new pc.

Paypal is indeed a very safe way to go. I also never experienced any problems making payments through them.

I hope you will enjoy the new game and that it will inspire you to new heights in the stories you write!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:52 am

Joanne - you know I'll answer questions, lol

<3

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Wow Joanne I'm impressed you have moved on to Sims 4!
I have never had an issue with downloading the games I have purchased, in fact I I started off with a disc and when I registered it with Origin, I can now download it from there dontworry
The only thing I would advise is that you turn off updates so that they wont install automatically, otherwise, if you are using Mods or cc in your game, they could break! You simply move the Mods folder to your desktop, install the update, put your Mods folder back and WELLA!! go into your game, so easy :Spring2

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Thats a good tip Lorry, last update messed up my cc lighting in game. So ill remove the mods in future and update the way you suggest. danceG
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:44 pm

Tilly it took me a long time to like Build mode for Sims 4, everything I made was scrapped. Then only recently, I started copying some of my favourite builds from Sims 3. I liked the challenge of seeing how close I could make the house look to my Sims 3 one. I was quite pleased with the result! Now I can't stop building and while my houses are nothing spectacular, it has helped me move on from Sims 3. Perhaps this little exercise will help you too, good luck!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:50 am

Except for the lack of terrain manipulation and the "everything on the lot must have the same foundation height" issues, I love, Love, LOVE building in ts4!!!

<3<3<3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum