Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Our B.A.C Contest is now open!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Hey Everyone :)
Today at 7:54 by Crissi

» New member!
Today at 7:51 by Crissi

» B.A.C: The Espresso Room: Chat and Questions
Today at 7:43 by Crissi

» Family Time
Today at 7:36 by Broomhilda61

» Build It...
Today at 6:53 by anidup

» Hello.
Today at 4:13 by Easter01

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 12/6 2017"
Today at 0:49 by Tahoe

» Hello out there!
Today at 0:28 by tilly

» B.A.D June 2017 Questions and Comments
Today at 0:19 by poppy100

» Change one letter in the word above
Yesterday at 20:15 by anidup

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Yesterday at 19:58 by anidup

» Decorator or player?
Yesterday at 13:45 by songib67

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Yesterday at 13:39 by szanne7000

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Yesterday at 12:53 by szanne7000

» Summer Siggies 2016 to grab
Yesterday at 12:47 by szanne7000

Whats new?

TS4: Farmhouse Chic by Chicklet

TS4: Painting Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Bedding Recolors by Anidup

TS4: Wallpapers by Anidup

TS4: Recolors of EA Maxis Poster

TS4: RC Lounge set by Oldbox

S4: Curtain RC by Oldbox

TS2-TS4: Suza loft plant by Anidup

TS4: Sweet Tea Porch Set by Chicklet

TS4: Sunday Morning by Tilly

TS4: Candice Olson Bette Lounge conversion by Anidup

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

Questions about the legacies

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Fri 24 Mar - 22:34

The Legacy challenge

Please put all questions and other discussions about the Legacy Challenge in this thread
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Fri 24 Mar - 23:14

I like the sound of the homeless challenge, do we still need to build on the biggest lot? I'd like to play the game in San Myshuno so can I just choose the biggest lot there. I'll have to delete a community lot to do this but I'm OK with this unless I move them into an empty apartment that has absolutely nothing in it would that be OK?

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri 24 Mar - 23:30

Hi Nikki, the only idea about the biggest lot is so your sim start out with very little money.
You can choose any empty lot, and then just find a way to give away all the money left.
I really enjoy my homeless sim! Will be posting about her soon.

I kept a little since you still receive a bill for the lot.)
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Sat 25 Mar - 4:37

anidup,

I love this! I have so many ideas my head is swirling.

I read your set-up story with Antonia Reese. It's wonderful.

Easter01

flirty

Easter01's The Father Michael's Saga can be found: Here

Easter01's Short Stories can be found: Here

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat 25 Mar - 7:14

Wow Anita..I read your story..I'm going to love it.. inlove34

I'm still trying to figure out what one I want to do..but you haven't put up the list of the Legacies were are going to chose from..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ~Community
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat 25 Mar - 21:35

Sam, I am still working on a more comprehensive list. Currently you can either start with the Homeless Challenge or Bloom ..... and Grow.

Looking forward to see which one you will choose and how your story will progress.
If you want to wait a short while, I am working on a vampire legacy as well, but not yet ready to post anything about it.

Easter01: Thank you so much! I was so surprised when she came up with that behaviour! I have turned the game to full autonomy, and she just goes along with her wishes. Only when she sits around too long (and it's getting boring for me) do I interfere and give her something to do.
Surprising also to find that she is quick to order a drink, but do not do anything positive to satisfy her hunger or hygiene needs!! She must be one seriously depressed woman but hiding it well, little things make her happy, and she still has quite a fighting spirit!
I will be posting her next few days later today.
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Sun 26 Mar - 23:00

LOL, I just realized if I put him in an apartment he won't be homeless.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon 27 Mar - 5:31

Lol! that is indeed true, Nikki, may be I should just add that as a note the the post.

I have my empty lot in Windenburg, and have visited Sam Myshuno.... was surprised to see what it offered my sim.
I am going to try having her grow some vegies, and as soon as the flea market opens in the city, have her try and sell the produce.
She may be able to make a little money that way.
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Mon 27 Mar - 9:42

Weel I don't want to spoil the story line but my Sim took part in a competition in the Jinks Festival and won a sizeable amount of money that I wasn't expecting to happen. There is a lot of a homeless Sim to do in San Myshuno.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat 1 Apr - 7:22

It is so true!!!

Please soon tell us what Edwin did with the money!
poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Sat 1 Apr - 23:26

I have read it. and do not understand completely what should be the aim

but I would like to try to join with you all 

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun 2 Apr - 1:21

Poppy, I would love to walk through this with you step by step. Tell me when you are ready and I will
be there for you all the way.
It is a lot of fun, and before you know it you will be so into your game that the days will fly by!
I can not believe that the sims still has so many surprises!
poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Sun 2 Apr - 3:13

awe.. thank you anidup this is very sweet of you 

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun 2 Apr - 4:32

You are so welcome Sweet Poppy! Looking forward to see which story you would like. sweetheart
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Wed 5 Apr - 14:27

Poppy..I am so glad you will be with us on this adventure lol..

*Now I have talked to a few of you about the difference between the Townies and Down townies..and I am still confused on this..they all look alike lol..and if I add Dany's Sims to be townies and down townies how will I know which is which..
*And the Mods, Hacks, Cheats and all those..it would be easier for me if we had a list of the ones we can use..I may have a lot of Mods and things in my game but most of the time I don't even use them..and for a few years now I haven't used the potion to give life to the sims..I have been just playing them out..
*Another thing I worry about is..the aspirations..the only ones I play are the Family and Knowledge..all those others are a waist to me..and to have a sim woohoo 50 times with 50 different sims to me is ridiculous..or to have all those puppies/kittens..omgosh..
*And another thing is..what if they got that genie bottle..do they have to give that away..or won the cooking contest..do they give that money away as well..
*Also, do we have to give them free will..I mean I have free will on..but I tend to control them..Sims are idiots..lol..sometimes..I don't want the social worker showing up taking the baby/child away because they weren't fed lol..that is the worst one..
*Sorry about all these questions..but I just want to make sure I am playing it right..I don't want to cheat..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed 5 Apr - 14:55

Sam, I will try and answer your questions in the order you posted them:
* The idea behind having to use townies is that you do not add funds to your household when you add them to the legacy household. You can put your own sims in your game, but when you join them they should be broke as well. And the easiest way to achieve this is to use townies. Does not matter from which part of the neighborhood they come.

*It would be almost impossible to make a list of those you may or may not use. Hence the rules refer to them as those who would give you a benefit and those that do not. So you may not use motherlode to add money because you have to earn the money. You may not use a mod that extends your life, since you have to play the normal life span. You may not have hacks or mods in your game that will make life easier for them(faster skill gaining and so on). If you have a mod that will better the lighting in the game, you may use it because that will not make the game easier.

*you may choose the aspirations as you wish.

*The genie bottle will be a nono, since that will give the sim an unfair advantage (he/she did not work for the money), but if you competed in a contest and you win money, you have worked for it and may keep it.

*You may play will free will or you may choose to control your sims, Totally your choice.

* you are always welcome to ask questions. There may be others who will benefit as well.

I am looking forward to see which legacy you will choose.

cutehug
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Wed 5 Apr - 15:32

Had to go back and reread the rules..lol..I will be doing that often although I did print them off..lol..
*Now when a child becomes a teen you can chose their aspiration..right
*Also, when you create or use a CC Sim..you don't know what their aspiration is until you get them on the lot..can we change that by using that brain farter as I call it.. lol..sure I can do the Family/Knowledge but you don't know what it will be until you get them into the game..also that Golden Anniversary..omgosh..I have never been able to accomplish that..even though they were together from the beginning and died a very old age..either at the same time or a day apart..and that graduate 6 kids not happening..lol..I try not do do but 2-3 kids..can we use that brain farter to change their aspiration???? to something more reasonable.. I just read that..so whatever comes up I will have to play..that is going to be very hard for me..I'm not sure..
*Another thing..if you are only allowed to have one family in this legacy..what do you do with the kids..do they have to marry a townie as well..can they go to college and what about the money they get from grants and all..can they keep that..do the kids have to follow the same rules as the parents..no money..if they are not the heir..?? I know more questions lol..sorry Anita

Now the Laws..I am very confused on them..omgosh..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Wed 5 Apr - 22:37

I would have thought that Grants like competition wins are allowed as they earn these.
Regarding kids, don't they become extended family, the way I understood it was that the oldest becomes the new head of the family so I assume you move the younger ones out when they become adults.

My question is that now that my Sim has a house, very small as it is is the challenge complete? Do I continue playing the family improving the house and increasing the income or do I now make the daughter homelss?

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed 5 Apr - 23:10

Sam: The extended family can move out, but if you do move them out, you may not play them in the same save as the legacy. You may also keep them in the legacy house if you want to play them, BUT your focus will be on the child whom you decided to be the heir.So only the heir will be allowed to carry the legacy further. The rest will simply grow old and die.
Your home may become very crowded if you decide to keep them, so I would advise that they move out as soon as they become young adults. Once they moved out they may not move back in into the legacy house.

Choosing an aspirtion when they become teenagers, yes they need to have an aspiration. Choose wisely since you will have to stick with the one given until all requirements for the aspiration (life time wants) were met. And only once completed, may you choose another. You may not change the aspiration halfway through.

The Law of succession is basically this: you need to decide who in the next generation will be the heir. Once you decide, this will be the rule you play with throughout the legacy. So, as an example, if you decide that the first born child will be the heir, then until you reach the 10th generation, the first born child will be the heir.
If you decide the first born boy (or girl) will be the heir, then that rules how the rest of the generations will pan out.
You cannot decide halfway through that you want to change the rule.

I do hope I am making this more clear for you Sam. I will stay close though, should you have more questions, I will answer them for you. As I said I would love for our members to join in the fun of the challenges.

Nikki: I am faced with that as well, and since the homeless guy succeeded you have completed the homeless challenge.

I got so hooked on my two sims, that I am going to transfer them to the Bloom.... and Grow challenge. I will be uploading the rest of her story during the next few days, and when I am back from our vacation, am going to   start with Antonia as the founder sim. Still have to decide though how I want the succession law to work for her. I love the little girl and would like to continue with her.....but the dilemma is what if I like future boys!! So may be I will go with the first born child rule. Will be more diverse would it not?
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Wed 5 Apr - 23:52

Oh Anita the more you explain the more questions I have..I'm so sorry..

*So your saying that the Heir can't go to college..or move out of that house..
*And they have to start out with only $800..????
*I tend to use the first born male for the heir..he goes off to college then moves back in when he graduates..
*Ok, since he can't leave the house..he can't go to college..now by the time he is born the parents should have a bigger house, more money and all that..so most of the rules won't apply to him right..???

The more I ask questions the more confused I am on this..I'm not sure about the Legacy Challenge..

I'm not understanding when the homeless guy succeeds getting a place then that challenge is over..????? It shouldn't take a homeless person very long to become unhomeless..then what happens..????

And you said you was going to transfer them to the Bloom...and Grow Challenge what does that mean??

Something else..I don't move them out as young adults..all my teens go to college????

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu 6 Apr - 3:52

Sam, you are welcome.

* No, if you do the ordinary challenge, your founder sim starts out with 1800 simoleons. (i have checked the basic rules again, and saw it also refers to starting out with 1 800 simoleons.)

*The heir can go to college, but must move back into the legacy home. your legacy must start and finish (with the 10th generation) in the legacy lot. You may build, bulldoze and rebuild the house, but you must remain on the same lot throughout the legacy.

*You are right, the older the legacy the more money they will have. It is ONLY the founder sim who starts with 1 800 simoleons. He/She starts with the family and build it into whatever he/she wants to leave behind for the rest of the family. If he/she earns a lot, the family will get richer, if he squanders away the money, the heir will be poorer. You MAY NOT use motherlode or any other hack/mod to increase the money of the houseold.

*Homeless Legacy: You are correct. If the homeless sim succeeds in getting himself/herself a home, the player has successfully completed the "homeless" challenge. But, to play with a sim this way, may make you get attached to him/her, and for that reason the "homeless" sim can become the founder sim in the other legacy. If you do not want to play with the homeless sim, naturally you do not have to.

*By moving over I mean change the name from Homeless Legacy to Bloom and grow.

IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Thu 6 Apr - 5:30

If I move Edwin to the other challenge do I need to have Winnie taken into care or can she go with him?
LOL, I have lots of questions now too, sorry to be a pain.
Will I need to move him onto a new lot and start again or can I still continue with how he is? It would be quite difficult to start over as he has lots of skills now in gardening, singing and handiness.
I want to see how he gets on and I'd really like him to find a loving relationship at last. Thanks Anita.

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu 6 Apr - 6:45

Hehe..I have started the questioning lol..go Nikki..

*Good my teen can go to college..that had me worried since I tend to send them to college then move the oldest male back in with the parents..and never wanted to have that red in their memories that they grew up without going to college..
*Another thing I tend to do is give money to all the kids to go off to college with..can I do that..since the other kids won't have the heir house or anything on it..this way they won't start out poor since most of my sims kids tend to be basically rich from birth..in the sim world..lol..and I don't use the dorms..omgosh..no way anymore..I tend to build a house then put the kids in them..and use it from Generation to Generation..
*Another thing I do is set the kids up with someone before they get into college then when they go to college I also move the future wife/husband in with them..that way they can get to know each other in college and then they fall in love and get engaged..can I do that with the heir child..
*Once the heir child is in college can I take a townie and move it into college..wait..there shouldn't be any college age YA's in my hoods..I don't think..geez I haven't played my game much and haven't been able to get the kids in college since I started the Stealth Hoods..

I think even before I do this I should at least know how my game is without the townies and all that..wait I still get walk by's are those townies or down townies...and I don't go down town anymore..they used to go down town all the time..now I haven't sent them down town since I had done that Homestead Challenge..back in 2014 or 2015..with that you couldn't even leave the lot..I still play just like that..well sort of..I do send them now to the Secret Kitchen..for the cooking contests..other than that I don't have them leave the house or land..and they don't work..they just grow food, eggs and fish..and paint, crafts and things like that to live on..

I think instead of thinking of this I should start getting my downloads back in the game..and then figure out what I need to do..

I do think I will do the homeless challenge then work it into the other one..I have some ideas on that homeless one..and I still have to read all the stories that has popped up lol..

Ok I am off to do the downloads no matter what..

Thank you Anita..and sorry for being a pain as well..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri 7 Apr - 0:20

Nikki: No you don't have to and his daughter may stay with him. He has gone through a lot already and had a far rougher start in life. We can not throw that away.
You don't really have to start over..... just change the legacy description form Homeless to Bloom and Grow.
That is what I am going to do, since Antonia has struggled to get where she is now.

Sam: You are not supposed to play with the other kids who are not the Heir. If you send them away, they are out of the game.
You may only play with the heir. If you want the other kids to remain in the game, they must stay in the legacy home.
I do not know how you give the other kids money, but remember you may not use any cheats in the legacy game.

I cannot remember anymore, are the children given money after they complete university or can they just move back home? If they are given money you will have to give it away when they go back home. Remember that your founder/heir sim must actually work for their money. And the longer you play the richer your next generation will be, without you having to use the money cheat to achieve that. The legacy challenge is going to force you to play your game differently.

You are both very welcome! It is a pleasure to help you out.
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri 7 Apr - 7:06

*What I do is put statues in their backpacks before they head off to college..this way they have money to get into a house..it is money that the parents have earned from the beginning..no cheats..
*Can I play the other kids just so they are the same age as their bother/sister..heir..otherwise they will be stuck at the same age forever even after the parents and the first heir is dead..or kill them off somehow..that would devastating..or have them die somehow when they are kids..or teens..
*The kids leave college with money either by earning it which is how ALL my sims do or by cheats..which I haven't used for a very long time...

I don't know now..if I want to play a Legacy..I can't see myself killing anyone off other than that stupid cow..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum