Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Check out our new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

Who is computer smart

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Samantha61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostSamantha61 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Just about had it with this computer..for the last several months I have been having problems with the computer freezing up and getting a popup for the Shockwave flasher ALL the time now..I have updated that..but it still pops up..I can't even get in my game now..because of it..and every single website I go to this is happening several times.. computersmi some days I just want to take a hammer to it and toss it in the trash..I have been trying to fix it on my own or just ignore it but that's not happening..anymore..

I really need some help pleaseeeeee runcircle

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:29 am

First and foremost, Sam, make sure your operating system is up to date, then all your drivers, then your internet browser and any extensions for it.

Do anti-virus and malware scans, too.

Delete (uninstall) any programs you no longer use (and aren't planning on using). Clean out your caches and cookies (you'll have to reenter information on sites you go to a lot, but cleaning out the excess makes a difference).

Also consider upgrading to Windows 7 operating system (I think you said you are using Vista). It is free and the OS will be supported with updates until about 2020 by Microsoft.

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:36 am

I had something like this happen, it was eventually malware. But I did clean out everything: cache, did a disc clean up, defrag etc and updated all my drivers etc, just as Suzanne suggested. I then did a malware checker and removed it and bingo! It all worked fine since (fingers crossed, lol)
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:37 pm

I hope it's that simple..tilly and thank you..

Thank you, thank you Suzanne for that information..

Now I have an antivirus..AVG..and they are pretty good about blocking the viruses..

Ok this looks like it's top priority for today..take everything I do use and put it on a port thing..then like you said Suzanne take everything off that I am no longer using..and then omgosh get my bookmarks under control again..lol..then do all the updates again..check for malware

It's past 12 noon..so this will take the rest of the day..don't plan on doing anything else but this..

Windows 7..that scares me to death..of course when I went from oh good grief brain fart..what was that Windows program before Vista..anyway..I didn't have the same computer when I went from that program to Vista..just got another computer..but this is different this is Vista going to 7..on the same computer..will I lose my game as well..will I have to redownload it..omgosh..and everything else I am keeping on here..

Thank you Suzanne and tilly for your help..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 am

Hi Sam - You are most welcome.

No, you won't lose your game.

Upgrading the operating system is just that - the files that tell your computer how to act and interact with all the other hardware and software (like The Sims games) on your computer.

If you do have a thumb drive, you can always copy your game files (saves, trays, mods) to it for safe keeping (and/or send a copy to a cloud service like Gdrive, OneDrive, DropBox (they'll let you have 10gb free).

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:53 am

Thank you Suzanne..

Omgosh..I would have been done with everything if it wasn't for the computer freezing and me having to log out all the time..but I am almost done with the (1)bookmarks..

I think I will save my game files..just in case..lol..that is next(2)..then all my folders I have on the desktop(3)..maybe not in that order lol..

Suzanne can you find the Windows 7 link for me please..when you have time..thank you

Well off to finish 1,2, & 3

Sorry everyone for not being here..I promise I will be soon :spring3:

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:58 am

Sam - I'm going to ask my brother.

In the meantime, do you know which version of Vista you are using? (you are using Vista, correct?)

My brother does all of this stuff for a living, so he'll know the best way to do this (he just helped my son do the exact same upgrade).

You and I may need to skype (are you still able to do that?) in order to get you all prepared to do it.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:32 pm

I have just a few things to save from my game then I will be ready for this..but now I am having second thoughts..having serious panic attacks this morning..on this upgrade..I may just do another factory restore..and keep my Windows Vista
I'm not sure which Vista version I have..didn't know there was more than one..
I went looking for Windows 7..and it cost money...but if I get the free version...I'm not sure about this whole thing..
I also went into my Control Panel and I thought at one time it had Windows 7 to upgrade but I couldn't find that again..but did find an upgrade on my Vista..and even that I am having panic attacks..
Suzanne when will you know from your brother on this..if there is a way of talking to him directly I might do this otherwise I may just do the factory restore..and may do it anyway...I don't know..I just woke up with all these panic attacks..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Holding both thumbs that you will soon be able to sort this out completely Sam!!
You deserve to have a trouble free pc !
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:51 am

Thank you  Anita lol..we all deserve a trouble free pc..  bigsmile

Well girls..I did do the factory restore..and went looking for that Windows 7..now..everything went fine until it wanted me to uninstall some things..that went great..and then did another Windows 7 Advisory..and I am down to one thing that is preventing me from getting this done..

I need help now finding it..NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet..I went to NVIDIA main page..and did a search but it isn't showing that..so where in the world do I find that..lol..I'm going to go do another search for this thing..but if anyone can help me out as well and find it for me please....

Be right back..off to go look..omgosh..

Ok I found it..and downloading now..let's see if this works..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:44 am

I haven't heard back from my brother, yet, Sam.

How is it going?

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:01 am

I am going crazy right now..everything I do there is something missing and has to be updated..omgosh..I'm not going to do this..upgrading to Windows 7..
every time I upgrade one thing..then the next thing has to be upgraded..and then the next..
Right now it's the NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet..and when I try to get this up and running then it keeps saying I need this or that..and other things saying not compatible but if I don't get those then I can't get something else for this NVIDIA driver..so not worth it...I like my Windows Vista just fine lol..

Well I got the factory restore done..and no more freezing up on me..so now it is time to get my game back up and running and see how messed up that is..and get my antivirus back up and running..and all my programs that I do use..back on here..first I have to find those lol..I can't remember if I had put them in a certain place for safe keeping..omgosh..what a mess..

I don't understand how that Malware got onto my computer..I don't go anywhere but Sims sites..or very few others..

Thank you Suzanne and tilly for your help..

Give me a few days to get everything back up and running and then I will be on here doing my job lol..sorry tilly and Joanne..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:02 am

Try Malwarebytes free - download it and scan your system, Sam :D

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:04 am

Well it wouldn't show anything now..I did that factory restore..so it's all clean..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:06 am

Okay :D

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:07 am

My computer is so fast right now lol..no games, no downloads, no nothing but CBS and my site lol..

Now I got to thinking..if someone can help me get everything updated..I might try Windows 7..

There is a few things that needs to be updated and downloaded for this to work..I will have to find everything now because I can't remember what all there was..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:20 am

Awesome! :D

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:05 am

You will need to install the latest nvidia driver for your system before installing NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Sam. Go to the nvidia home page to look for your system, then the nforce should install fine.
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Thank you tilly
I think I did but now I am going to have to go back and make sure..this is going to be a brain fart day runcircle giggle

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:05 am

Well my upgrade didn't work..as a matter of fact I won't be doing that at all..with all the things I had to take off and everything that I had to upgrade..I couldn't even get Skype or my AVG to download..they kept going, and going, and going..and nothing..like they were froze up..so I did another factory restore..and in less than 15 minutes I had both of them on..

At least I got rid of that Malware lol..now have to redownload my game..and bookmark my main sites and then I will be back up and running..

Another mess I made was my Photoshop..I have downloaded that on several factory restores but I forgot to save it on a port thing..thinking that well I have done it before I can do it again..and the link I had saved is gone..it no longer is there..I have looked everywhere and Photoshop took that link down..I can't even do my Sims2 project without it..
I have tried Gimp..but I don't understand that program..but of course Photoshop I didn't understand at first either lol..but I am not sure I can do my project with Gimp..

Is there another program that is like Photoshop that is free..

If nothing else goes wrong I will be back on here doing my job by the end of the weekend..sorry everyone..

I'm off to get my game back up and running..I really miss my Sims2 lol...

I will be back

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:22 am

There are links to older versions of PhotoShop for free, Sam.

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:09 am

I really like paint.net. Ive been using it for years. HERE
Gimp is really good, as it opens PSD files, so I have both. I also have the free version of Photoshop, its old, but it mostly works.
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:59 pm

tilly, I have tried to download the paint.net but my computer and all the components are to old..you have to have Windows 7 and up..I will keep practicing on Gimp..and do you have a link to your Photoshop..please..if not that is ok as well..thank you tilly

Suzanne, I can't find the older versions of Photoshop..once you get into the site there are so many links to this and that..I just tend to click out of it..to overwhelming looking for a needle in a haystack

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:35 pm

You can read a tutorial on how to get photoshop for free HERE
Ive used paint net for years, maybe there is an older version to use?
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:55 pm

tilly that is the one I had..HERE then when you click on the CS2 download page..it comes up with this now.. HERE I have even logged in and looked around..and nothing is the same as before..I have clicked on everything I can on this page but can't find it anymore..I loved this program..

I have clicked on every link on paint.net to find one that works for my computer..but none of them have worked..I will keep looking but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack..I really messed up..stupid me..

Now if there is a way of taking that info on the main page and being able to download it from there..like copy and paste..that might work..because those are the same codes as what I used before..

Thank you tilly and Suzanne for your help

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum