Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Please vote for your May BAD Winner. Voting is now open! Voting closes on 28th May.
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Black and White Living questions and chat.
Today at 12:44 am by Broomhilda61

» anneke my Sims2
Today at 12:32 am by Broomhilda61

» Need some advise on walls/wallpaper/paint/murals
Today at 12:26 am by Broomhilda61

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated May 23, 2017
Yesterday at 10:57 pm by Chicklet45368

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 25/5 2017"
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Chicklet45368

» Need help with making pictures with frames
Yesterday at 10:09 pm by Broomhilda61

» Star a forum! Just for you.
Yesterday at 9:05 pm by Broomhilda61

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Yesterday at 8:58 pm by Broomhilda61

» Funny Things That Happened In Your Games?
Yesterday at 8:09 pm by poppy100

» Comments and Questions
Yesterday at 7:55 pm by poppy100

» Hello there!
Yesterday at 7:14 pm by poppy100

» Family Time
Yesterday at 6:48 pm by Broomhilda61

» the coffee corner time
Yesterday at 3:56 pm by anidup

» TS4 Rant?
Yesterday at 1:55 pm by anidup

» Moving to the other side!
Yesterday at 1:27 pm by anidup

Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

Making own Townies & Down townies

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Broomhilda61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda61 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:06 pm

I know we have had conversations on this in the past mixed in with other posts..but for the life in me can't find them.. shame Now I would like to make my own Townies and Down townies with Dany's Sims lol..

I know there are tutorials out there..but with this posted here I know others will be needing it now or in the future..and this can help other members..

I finally got everything that I had saved for my game and have put everything back in except the downloads folder..that is my next project one file/folder at a time glasses have my glasses cleaned and am ready to go..:chocbox: even have my chocolate next to me as well giggle

So, how in the world do you make your own Townies and Down townies lol.. bigsmile using Dany's Sims.. danceG

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

charmful

Postcharmful on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 pm

You know, I had this VERY SAME IDEA last week (with Dany's sims and everything, who wouldn't want beautiful neighbors <3)

The easiest way for me would be to use the simblender. This is a super helpful modded item downloaded at simbiology I believe (I can't make outside links until this sunday because I'm a new member). Anyhow this robust modded item has an option to 'make me a townie' you can use on playable sims.

So in theory (back up your game first!), you would add Dany's sims to a lot - probably a blank one with no build on it - and then one by one select each of the thumbnails of Dany's sims and select the option to 'make me a townie'. Then they walk off the lot and become townies.

I can try to get some pics later if that would be more helpful, but that's how the wizards of MTS said to do it with simblender.
LoWiSa
Elite Member
Total Awards : 5

PostLoWiSa on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Good idea Sam. Dany's sims are very pretty and unique, so they're perfect to be as townies in game.
I make my own townies from time to time, because (like Rachel said), 'who wouldn't want beautiful neighbors'.
Create a family of sims you want to have as townies. Move them to the lot; by using SimBlender (or Insimenator-but this is unsupported thing), choose an option 'make me into townie/turn me into townie'. Sims will become unselectable, then they'll leave the lot and tadaa, they're townies. Don't forget to save.
I think that SimBlender does not have an option 'turn me into downtownie'. The Insimenator has it, on the other hand. But you can't have both at the same time. So choose wisely and choose only one.

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:09 am

I forgot about those mods..since I don't have any downloads in my game yet..I have had both of those mods in my game before..
I just went back to read the rules..now my way of thinking is..I don't want ugly Sims lol..so if I used Dany's Sims as townies and Down townies..then I would have beautiful families..because you have to marry a Townie in the Legacy rules..lol

Now how do you get rid of the game townies and down townies..??? you don't want both the CC ones and the game ones..right..

Thank you Rachel and Anna for your help..

valentine1f

charmful

Postcharmful on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:29 am

I recall there is someway to start a hood with no townies or downtownies...this might be something to ask at MTS to those who start new neighborhoods often or google for past threads because I am positive its been discussed before. Sorry, I do not know for sure because i just used the gussy up mod to give all my townies plastic surgery to get rid of the ugly and then used christianlov's genetic mod to fix them so their new beauty was genetic.

A less moddy-way to get rid of townies would be to teleport or trap them and kill them but then put all the graves into a graveyard so as not to shred data by deleting them.
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:33 am

Wait a minute..that reminds me..thank you Rachel..I do have an empty hood..I just haven't played it yet..now to remember which hood it was lol..thank you for reminding me on this lol
Yes but I know when you get rid of a townie..another one shows up..like that stupid cow..I tend to put that thing in a corner and a fence around it..but as soon as it dies another one shows up..lol

valentine1f

charmful

Postcharmful on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:47 am

oh! to combat respawning downtownies and townies there are no respawn mods at MATY. Gosh i wish i could post links but you can also prevent a lot of things from respawning with each of those mods.
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:50 am

I had that mod..and several others from MATY's..either I had it installed wrong which if I understand it correctly..you just put it in your downloads folder..like any other mod..or it was just not working correctly..

valentine1f

croiduire
Total Awards : 1

Postcroiduire on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:08 am

Sam, first download all of these and these neighbourhoods.  Follow Jawusa's instructions EXACTLY--these are not your usual downloads.  Next go here and download antiredundancy, nossrespawn, notownieregen, and nostrayrespawn.  Those go in your my Documents EA Games downloads folder.  You will also probably want Cyjon's There Can Be Only One (Professor).  To prevent the ever-so-annoying identical Downtownie syndrome go here (you have to register, but it's easy) and grab Down Townie Templates Be Gone.  NOW you are ready to go to Simbology, grab the Blender, and turn all of Dany's gorgeous sims into townies in your very own clean, custom hood.

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Thank you so much Croi..
I have these antiredundancy, nossrespawn, notownieregen, and nostrayrespawn and the blender
Don't have these Cyjon's There Can Be Only One (Professor), or Down Townie Templates Be Gone

I also have Jawusa's Stealth hoods..she pm'ed me on all this..step by step with pictures..

valentine1f

croiduire

Postcroiduire on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:08 pm

She is so kind, isn't she? I love how she's carrying on Mootilda's work.

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:02 pm

That girl was so patient with me..it was unreal..and no matter what she did everything to help me out..I owe her big time lol..

I'm off to do my downloads and get this game back up and running..I know I will be coming back here to check on how to do all this as well..and to get ALL of Dany's Sims lol..can't wait to do that...lol
Thank you Croi for your help

valentine1f

croiduire

Postcroiduire on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:29 am

Glad to help, Sam, but you had it well under control already. Have fun! Nothing like starting up a shiny, new install.

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:34 am

Oh I know for a fact that I will mess something up on this.. shame thlol ask anyone here that knows me bored

valentine1f

grecadea

Postgrecadea on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:55 pm

There were many good tips here, surely they helped. I ll just add my (kind of quick) way to do it is, just for the record victory
a. Back up the game
b. Download MATY's notownieregen and no downtownieregen mods, place in downloads folder
c. Type the cheat Deleteallcharacters, in the neghborhood cheatbox (beware, it DELETES EVERYONE)
d. Now that you have and empty neighborhood with not generating, download/create your own townies
e. Put them in empty lots and use insimenator mod to make them townies/downtownies
f. Enjoy the game! :wohoo:
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:54 pm

The problem with simply changing the look of the NPC will affect the gameplay. NPCs have specific personality traits, like the crazy Nanny. Simply changing codes wont help this.
There is a good tutorial that works around it HERE
behappy
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi Naya..with that method your not supposed to delete any characters..that will corrupt the game..
Hi tilly..the NPC's are not what I am worried about..it's the townies and downtownies..if I do try out Anita's Legacy Challenge you have to marry a townie..and I am planning on using Dany's Sims for being townie's lol..and one to play..that link you gave me I have that one printed off..

I do have a Stealth Hood but just haven't been downtown or the Colleges to check and see who shows up..but it's supposed to be a clean neighborhood..

Thank you Naya and tilly for your help..

valentine1f

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Ah, ok. You can download a clean hood from Maty, I believe. kissing
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:00 pm

tilly, I have the clean neighborhood..it's just knowing how to get Dany's Sims in as Townies and Downtownies lol..thank you though tilly summerB8

valentine1f

TracyM

PostTracyM on Sun May 21, 2017 7:16 am

I apologize if I missed it somewhere... is there a link to this Dany's Sims? I noticed a few sites with the name Dany and I want to make sure I find the right one. It sounds like a site I need to visit! Thank you in advance!
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Tracy, we are talking about Maryann sims. The creators name is Dany. She creates beautiful sims. She is a resident artist here, when you have 10 posts you will see her section automatically.
TracyM

PostTracyM on Sun May 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Thank you Tilly! Got to love being a newbie. lol
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun May 21, 2017 7:21 pm

lol I see you got your 10 posts Tracy..now you can go to the Resident Artist section and you will find Maryann..Dany..she makes Sims so realistic and beautiful..
I still haven't tried this yet..still working on getting all my downloads back up..then try this out...

valentine1f

TracyM

PostTracyM on Sun May 21, 2017 9:59 pm

I did get to the 10, lol! Unfortunately it looks like Dany makes for Sims 2 and I'm Sims 4 but that's okay. Lots to see and read here... it's great!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon May 22, 2017 1:48 am

Yes I am so glad she has stuck with Sims2 claphands1 and I can't wait to have beautiful townies and downtownies lol..for the legacies that we have here..Anita made it where we have to marry townies..who wants to marry an ugly townie shame thlol

valentine1f

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum