Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Please vote for your May BAD Winner. Voting is now open! Voting closes on 28th May.
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

DOTY GOOOOOOOOOOO Cheeries!!!

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Elite Member
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Fri May 12, 2017 10:21 pm

lol...

...we do what we have to do :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Sat May 13, 2017 7:17 am

I've just posted my entry I'm not sure I will post he colour pictures, to get depth on something I changed the colours and in some places bits colour clash LOL.
Love yours Suzanne it's a really wonderful room.

Installed in my game
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat May 13, 2017 9:10 am

I saw your entry, Nikki! I will comment on all the DOTY entries later today after they're all up...

However, your entry is quite spectacular!!!

I only posted my color entries here, because I (a) wanted to show the comparison between the color pictures with the b&w images, and (b) I worked diligently to keep the colors similar as I've not done anything like this before and was not certain how the b&w would come out if I had wide-ranging colors.

...also (c) I like the color pictures, and (d) I am not sure which I like better! LOL

Did you take more than what you put up for your DOTY entry?

I'm glad you liked my JFF... <3

IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 am

thank you Suzanne, Yes I did take more I actually spent ages on this. I tried several different wallpapers too and took b&w pictures  to see which I liked better.
I didn't look at any entries before posting again, it's very difficult but I found in the first three rounds I'd look at entries then change what I was doing because I wanted to create something different. I didn't look in round 4 until I was ready to post and so I did the same thing this time too.

I might post some colour pictures after the judging has been done. I can't remember if it's OK to post pictures elsewhere, sometimes they say not to.

Installed in my game
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat May 13, 2017 10:19 pm

I didn't see anything from 2016 or in 2017 rules or the questions/comments that said we couldn't post pictures anywhere else. I've been posting my pictures here and on my Tumblr.

I think you can do what you'd like with your pictures.

I do give credit that they're from DOTY and suggest people go there to look at all the entries <3

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat May 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Oh I thought you have been posting them here..so what have I been looking at??? have to go back and check lol

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Sun May 14, 2017 1:35 am

szanne7000 wrote:I didn't see anything from 2016 or in 2017 rules or the questions/comments that said we couldn't post pictures anywhere else. I've been posting my pictures here and on my Tumblr.

I think you can do what you'd like with your pictures.

I do give credit that they're from DOTY and suggest people go there to look at all the entries <3

I checked with he judges first and apparently you're not supposed to post anywhere else until the round ends. I think it's an unwritten rule but to be on the safe side I'll post my pictures on Tuesday unless round 6 is posted earlier.

Installed in my game
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun May 14, 2017 1:42 am

Can't wait to see our Nikki.. summerba

valentine1f

szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Tue May 16, 2017 5:34 am

Oh, yes...

...um

...I believe I may have posted here late on Saturday this last round; I don't post to Tumblr until Mondays at the earliest, though and usually, it isn't until Sunday or Monday that I post here.

Oops.

---also, there is already a jff picture from one of the staffers posted on Tumblr for this round dontgetit

IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 am

Congratulations Marie I see you made it through to round 6 too. I was dancing around the room (metaphorically) when I saw round 6 posted. Grease has to be one of my all time favourite films. Not only that I wasn't eliminated and surprisingly was in top 5 scores and had a favoured picture.

Well off to source some stuff for my diner. Looking forward to your JFF Suzanne and I'll post those pictures later if I get time.

Shh but I'm currently at work supervising homework club, everyone's quietly working so I thought I'd check out the forum. We're not allowed to go on Forums during the working hours.

Installed in my game
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Wed May 17, 2017 5:07 am

Congratulations to you too.
Grease is also a favorite movie, I've seen it so many time.
I may have to rebuild my dinner a bit when I forgot two windows that did not seem to be in the drawing. I have found most of my needs. Now I hope for the best. I came to the 5th round last time.
Good luck Nikki

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed May 17, 2017 10:31 am

Good luck Nikki and Marie on this round!
Loved all your previous entries, so I am confident that you will both do great in this round too! rock
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Wed May 17, 2017 2:24 pm

I've built out the diner and have been dreaming about the interior portion layouts, lol... So hopefully today I'll be filling out the interior and deciding on walls (inside and out). I hope to be decorating tomorrow and finalizing and taking pictures by Friday.

We'll see if I can keep to this schedule! LOL

I know your entries will be fantastic, Nikki and Marie! I can't wait to see them :D

Resa

PostResa on Wed May 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Congrats Ivy an Tahoe for making it to round 6 can't wait to see your entries! bravo

( walks away singing summer lovin had me a blast, summer lovin happened so fast I met a girl crazy for me Met a boy cute as can be, Summer days drifting away to oh oh the summer nights. Tell me more, tell me more..............)
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 am

Tack Resa.
You gave me just an idea, aha I have a CD with movie music and now I know what to listen to.

szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat May 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Resa - both their entries are up on simpearls :D

You should go look <3

By the way, Nikki and Marie - both of your Diners are spectacular and amazing - I love them both!!!

poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Sun May 21, 2017 4:29 am

It's so nice to see how much fun you have with the doty
Put him on girls  NewY4

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Sun May 21, 2017 4:33 am

Thank you Suzanne. It will be exciting and see how it goes, I mean everyone else who's left is great and I'm ... If I'm kidding this time, it's no disaster when I've been on longer than last year.
Nikki's restaurant is wonderful.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun May 21, 2017 4:37 am

I just had a look over at SimPearls.... you have all three entered fabulous entries!
Good luck to Marie and Nikki with the judging of this round.
I am willing to stick my neck out and say I am sure you will both go through.
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 am

Thank you Suzanne, Marie and Anita, I'm happy you think it looks good. I am very anxious this time though as after I posted I noticed I'd left off some of the windows around the door so I know I will loos points for that. I'm not sure if it has the 'WOW' factor the judges look for, I got so hung up on Frosty Palace from Grease I couldn't think past it. That's the reason I out in the different levels. I also wanted to put in a serving hatch (not sure what other countries call this, it's were food is passed through from the kitchen to the diner). I couldn't find the right window for it and the stove with the 'take out window' was three tiles long and I only had two to work with. I also debated over the colour, i did it blue, then pink, then red and then ended up with what you see. As for the bar area I did that so many times, because I wanted that hatch in I couldn't find a look I liked, then I forgot to add the photo of that area. I also forgot to change the windows, I downloaded some then didn't use them. I actually found this round very stressful. LOL
I will post some pictures in my portfolio after the judging is done.

Installed in my game
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun May 21, 2017 10:18 pm

I can't wait to see what you girls have done!

Nikki - Just reading your post of what you went thru and all the turmoil you had over colors and design, game me stress! I don't know how you girls can stand the pressure, but I know you'll all do fantastic and move on to the next round!

It would be fantastic if a Cherry won!

How many rounds are there? And are there winners for each sims game or does that matter? And, sorry for so many questions, I've never heard of this kind of contest before so I'm intrigued. (Not that I would ever want to enter, but it might be fun to do a JFF entry for myself for the challenge.)
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Mon May 22, 2017 6:57 am

There are 9 rounds, both Marie and I have got through to round 7, not sure what my score is yet but I did get a favourite picture so i picked up a couple extra points there.

Installed in my game
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon May 22, 2017 10:10 am

Congrats..Nikki and Marie..for going to the next round...oh happy days HappyDay

valentine1f

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon May 22, 2017 12:37 pm

WOW!!
I knew you would make it, but nevertheless, congratulations to the two of you!
We are all very proud of you!
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Mon May 22, 2017 12:47 pm

I'm sure I speak for Marie as well when I say a big THANK YOU to our CherryBlossom Cheerleaders. :Spring2 NewY4 :Spring2

Installed in my game

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum