Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. May BAD Winners are announced! Congratulations!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» May BAD Winners!!! ♥
Today at 1:20 pm by Crissi

» Bloom Journal Issue 1
Today at 11:37 am by poppy100

» Guidelines
Today at 11:25 am by poppy100

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated May 28, 2017
Today at 11:12 am by poppy100

» coffee time
Today at 11:04 am by poppy100

» the coffee corner time
Today at 10:59 am by poppy100

» The "ing" game: (New game!)
Today at 10:43 am by Lorry

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 25/5 2017"
Today at 10:39 am by Tahoe

» DOTY GOOOOOOOOOOO Cheeries!!!
Today at 10:35 am by Tahoe

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 10:31 am by poppy100

» Bloom Updates for May 2017
Today at 6:40 am by Broomhilda61

» Are We There Yet?
Today at 4:18 am by Broomhilda61

» anneke my Sims2
Today at 3:22 am by alouette

» Comments and Questions
Today at 1:42 am by Lorry

» a question ''Anidup ~ Crissi ~ and I think Tilly
Today at 1:37 am by Lorry

Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

DOTY GOOOOOOOOOOO Cheeries!!!

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Tue May 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Thank you guys, I'm sorry and surprised you were out Suzanne I loved your entry. I was shocked to be in the top 5 I thought I might actually be eliminated this round. My sea was too flat for surfing but I didn't use any mods to make my lot uneven and I wasn't going to download a 72 pack to get it goodness know how my game would have handled that. I loved your entry too Marie good luck in this round. I too have always been fascinated by The Titanic, I have watched this film loved it more than the modern colour one, I also have a beautiful book my hubby gave me a few years ago with some lovely pictures of the rooms and I also visited a Titanic Museum a few years a go when I visited Florida, I just hope I can create the vision I have.

Installed in my game
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Tue May 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Congrats to Marie and Nikki! So happy for you. I agree Marie, were I to put together an entry for this round it would have been much easier.

Suzanne, I could not believe when I saw you were eliminated! I liked your entry and according to me had the wow they were actually looking for. I too think you are brave to enter JFF's...... no I think you are all three very brave to enter.... it would be just too much stress for me!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Tue May 09, 2017 9:21 pm

I hope for the best Marie and Nikki..we need a CBS winner winner and Suzanne I feel you should have gone to the next round as well..keep up the JFF and let's see your pictures as you do them..good luck..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed May 10, 2017 1:29 am

Suzanne - I was so upset when I read you were eliminated and didn't make the next round! I thought your entry was fab and the judges are too critical! But I'm very happy that Nikki and Marie are going on to the next round. Knock'em dead, girls!

Suzanne, I think it's wonderful you're going to finish and JFF entries! That's such a great sportsmanship attitude and I applaud you for that. I myself, would probably not.

And, I definitely couldn't enter any contest where you're "judged" with a point system! I prefer entering contests for fun with no pressure, if there's voting by peers then that's perfectly fine, just don't want to be judged on something. I'd feeli I was on a reality show, I can't even watch them it's too much pressure (and the music they play when people are being voted off ... dun-dun-dunnnnn LOL)
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed May 10, 2017 6:59 am

TJ, I feel the same way. Being judged is very hard. For me, having to create something, you pour so much of yourself into what you are doing. To be judged negatively on that is breaking down a person's courage.
I always thought that when one set out to create something, whether it is a house, a room, a new mesh or a recolor, you give others what you yourself saw in your own mind. So in a way you give away a part of yourself.
I don't think I would ever have enough courage to enter the DOTY.

Fortunately, we here at Bloom, have a more relaxed way. Our main goal is for our members to have fun and to give all an opportunity to learn and grow in different ways... whether decorating, building taking pictures or creating stuff.

That is what is important!

Last edited by anidup on Wed May 10, 2017 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling check)
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Wed May 10, 2017 5:34 pm

DOTY is a big contest and lots of people enter, all other contest at the Pearl are judged by voting by members the same as with here. The comments are not negative but do feel that way if you don't agree of course but they are very positive too and are aimed at helping you improve not to criticise.
The problem with contests is that there is a winner and I agree if you are not prepared to accept that the winner is not likely to be you then don't enter. It is good practise at working to a deadline and specifications if you are prepared to take on board what people say it's good experience.

I hope Marie wins as I agree it would be great if a CBS member won, but it's not likely to be me so I'm cheering for Marie.

Installed in my game
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Wed May 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Why wouldn't it be you as well Nikki..you and Marie both have a great chance of winning..and both of you are awesome designers..
Getting criticized is one thing..it's how you criticize them..that really upsets me on that contest..
I have entered Forumotions Banner contests and they give you points if you want to know how they were scored and they let you know where your strengths and not so strengths are..and that helped me out on the next contests..I finally got shared 3rd place with someone else in the Easter Banner Contest..it took over a year to get that lol..so maybe next time I will come in 2nd lol..

valentine1f

szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Thu May 11, 2017 12:10 am

Thank you all for your kind words and support.

Both Nikki and Marie have just as much opportunity to continue forward in DOTY and I will continue to support their creativity and efforts as I know you will <3

Persevere! :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu May 11, 2017 9:12 am

Love you with all my heart Suzanne!
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Thu May 11, 2017 11:06 am

Thank you for believing in me Nikki but I will not win (though you never know ...) I went out for round 5 last time and thought I'd stay here a little longer this time.
I think it's good that they started with comments most of them I agree with and actually I have gotten better feedback than last year. I have two judges who give me high points and two that give me bad points (I do not know if the judges have the same number every round) But it is my own choice to participate in the competition.
But I'm struggling on and now I've read all I can find about Titanic and looked for pictures of what it looked like in the cabins.
Good luck to Nikki.
Suzanne: I hope you want to make a JFF it would be so fun to see your pictures. If not, you may want to post them here.
Sam: I agree with you to a certain extent.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Thu May 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Me too Marie I know so much about the First Class Staterooms I could write a paper on it. LOL. I just hope I can but my vision into practice and come up with whatever it is the judges are looking for.

Installed in my game
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Thu May 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Yes, Marie... I should be finishing up my JFF today and posting pictures either tonight or tomorrow :D

You and Nikki will rock, whether the judges agree or not <3

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Thu May 11, 2017 10:42 pm

I can't wait to see what you come up with Suzanne, Marie and Nikki..I wish you was still in the running..Suzanne

valentine1f

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri May 12, 2017 12:14 am

I am with Sam ... I can't wait to see what you girls dream up too! I love looking at other people's vision and getting inspiration from it. I know you'll do an amazing job as always!
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Fri May 12, 2017 7:35 am

I'll put my pictures up on my portfolio tomorrow; suffice it to say, I finished, lol :D

I can't wait to see what Nikki and Marie come up with <3

Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 am

I will try to upload my pictures tonight otherwise it will be tomorrow night.
I'm not really happy with the colors (now the pictures are black white) but it still shows how dark the pictures are, I have taken sample pictures that I'm sitting and comparing so I know what photo program I'm going to use. Then it's the salon itself Is small but it will fit a lot, so there are 2 doors in the way as well.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri May 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Looking forward to see your entries!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri May 12, 2017 4:28 pm

I can't wait to see your entry Marie and how do you lighten up your pictures..I need to learn that lol

valentine1f

szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat May 13, 2017 1:50 am

Agreed - can't wait to see!

I'm going to post the black and white pictures for the JFF entry as well as the color pictures. It is interesting to see the differences :D

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat May 13, 2017 1:54 am

I am so excited to see what you come up with too! And, personally if it was me ... (which might considered "cheating" in a judged challenge such as this ... I'd just remove the wall and/or door  ... and anything else blocking my camera shot)
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat May 13, 2017 2:13 am

LOL, TJ!

If just the one wall would go away, I'd do that, too!

Alas, the side walls go away!!! Wah!!!! LOLOLOL

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat May 13, 2017 2:32 am

WOW! Even in "walls up mode"? Or wait, maybe those were "outside" walls that are in the way ... I have a tendency to "recreate" rooms I've seen online, so when I stage my rooms I make sure to build it to the shot I want to capture ... but then again, I'm only showcasing a particular room so I'm focusing on it and I can have no walls on certain areas without anybody ever knowing LOL
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat May 13, 2017 2:34 am

Yes - if you have a complete room, then do partial walls down, you lose side walls one one side :(

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat May 13, 2017 2:42 am

Yeahhhh I ran into that when I was trying to take pics for my B.A.D. entry, but I "cheated a little" tho LOL ... when I was taking pics under the stairs from kitchen I took the chair and table away so I'd have a clear shot and nobody knew LOL
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat May 13, 2017 4:03 am

With these Murals I have been doing just 3 walls and no roof..to get a clear shot..it is so hard to get a shot with 4 walls lol..

valentine1f

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum