Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Voting is now open for The Espresso Room. Voting closes on 30th June.   Our June B.A.D Contest is open.   Closing date for entries is July 17th.   Come and join in!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» B.A.C: The Espresso Room: Vote for your winner!
Today at 9:35 am by maryann

» Happy Birthday tilly
Today at 9:25 am by maryann

» Happy Birthday JustSimFan
Today at 9:13 am by szanne7000

» Happy Birthday Birdgurl
Today at 9:11 am by szanne7000

» B.A.D June 2017 Questions and Comments
Today at 9:05 am by szanne7000

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 8:58 am by szanne7000

» anneke my Sims2
Today at 8:50 am by maryann

» Are We There Yet?
Today at 8:49 am by szanne7000

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 8:41 am by szanne7000

» B.A.C: The Espresso Room: Chat and Questions
Today at 8:30 am by szanne7000

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Today at 8:29 am by szanne7000

» Decorator or player?
Today at 8:27 am by szanne7000

» Stairs
Today at 8:21 am by szanne7000

» Lorry's Living Room
Today at 8:19 am by szanne7000

» The "ing" game: (New game!)
Today at 8:15 am by szanne7000

Whats new?

TS4: Farmhouse Chic by Chicklet

TS4: Painting Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Bedding Recolors by Anidup

TS4: Wallpapers by Anidup

TS4: Recolors of EA Maxis Poster

TS4: RC Lounge set by Oldbox

S4: Curtain RC by Oldbox

TS2-TS4: Suza loft plant by Anidup

TS4: Sweet Tea Porch Set by Chicklet

TS4: Sunday Morning by Tilly

TS4: Candice Olson Bette Lounge conversion by Anidup

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

Heya all! Big Hello from USA! Happy Easter!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:14 am

It's so very nice to find an active Sims site! And I love that you have contests too! I actually did a search for contest sites today! There's not a lot of them left. Now all there are is blogs and tumbler pretty much. That gets boring, I enjoy some interaction with other players.

A little about me: I am not new to playing The Sims. I was a creator (well more of a recolor-er, is that even a word? lol) way back when it was just TS1 and had several Yahoo groups with my creations available for downloading. I used to hang out and be an avid contributor at Neighborhood 99 (for those old players who may remember that forum).

I bought all the TS2 games, stuff packs, and expansion packs when they came out and played the game and really liked it, loved owning businesses! And, of course I downloaded all the wonderful CC that was available, but I never learned to recolor, as I was busy with school and working full time. I still have TS2 installed on my PC actually and was just on it tonight.

When TS3 came out I was almost done with school, and again bought the game and all the packs, but since you could pretty much recolor/retexture almost anything in-game, I thought it was sorta pointless to learn to recolor things when I didn't know how to mesh new objects. I enjoyed TS3, well certain aspects of it, like the in-game customization, and the fact you could have separate shoes!!! That was great to me! But, the game was ridiculously laggy tho, it took away my enjoyment of playing. Well I should clarify, that I never truly played that much, as I am more into decorating! lol, so that is why it was so laggy, using the design tool after a while would just bog me down!

I bought TS4 when it came out and hated it! Hated the look of it, it was too cartoonish or something, the worlds, and what's up with them being so tiny? Like 7 houses or something on each, and no beaches? WHAT??!!! I slowly got used to it because there was no lag and loads fast but I still hate the interface, I have no idea why EA felt the need to change everything! My motto is, if it's not broke, don't fix it! I still hate the shadows, and the blueish hue on everything tho. But, I do like that you can customize your sims body shape better and they're prettier than TS3, those I thought had big fat punkin heads! lol!  And, I liked that you could go to work with your Sims, so I did play this game for awhile, but then the "creator" bug hit  me! So, I thought I'd learn how to create, well again, mostly recolors. But, because of learning and reading tutorials I was able to not only learn to recolor, but to do conversions, but also have started doing very simple meshing. So Yayy!

So after I had spent hours creating stuff, I decided to share with anybody who wanted it and created a blog, because that was easiest. I am not spending RL money on a website for a hobby that doesn't make me money, and besides that, I have no clue how to set one up, and the freebie ones all have bloat-ware ads or insanely low bandwidth and file storage.

But, I got a little upset at what the Sims Community is like now a days. I had my blog up for 2 months and only had 5 or 6 room sets available. When I checked stats on my mediafire (which I pay for each month), my creations had been downloaded 8,000 times,  but on my blog I had exactly one person take the time to say thanks! ONE! How pathetic! So, I got upset, deleted the downloads from mediafire, removed the download link, deleted all my posts and just left the pictures up to test something. I wanted to see if people would take the time to write a comment now that they couldn't download anything, and sure enough, they did!

Anyway, I'm hoping to find a "home" here that I can interact, join the contests cause they sound like so much fun, get to know everybody, and share my creations with anybody who wants them.

Happy Simming!

- Chicklet
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:18 am

Hi Chicklet hellowave and Welcome to our family..
Wow..it's awesome to find a Sims fanatic who has been around forever lol..and to me this is the best home on the internet happybounce awesome designers, creators, members, staff..they are my family..and I love them very much..
And yes, we have lots of contests..and just starting up a few more around the Legacy Challenges..and story writing, and B.A.D., TOH contests, and a few more..with more to come..
I hope you will find this Sims site like home and hope to see you around..would love to see your creations, stories, and all that..

Again welcome22 to Bloom@Cherryblossom Sims

:cbs:

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ~Community
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:58 am

Hi Chicklet,

Welcome to Bloom at Cherryblossom Sims.

Easter01

:welcome4:

Easter01's The Father Michael's Saga can be found: Here

Easter01's Short Stories can be found: Here

Lorry
VIP Member

PostLorry on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 am

Hi Chicklet......that was the longest introduction I've ever seen, LOL normally people can't get out of here quick enough!

'Hi I'm Lorry from Australia and I play Sims 4'.......you see where I'm coming from giggle

:welcome1:

I do have to ask, are you Chicklet's Nest?
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 am

Hello Chicklet, a big welcome to Bloom! sweetdance
I do remember you from N99, from my early simming days!
I too, have become a bit disillusioned with sims sites, particularly other forums. Some have really bad manners these days and are not very friendly! ohno
We are a great sim family here, so we are very happy to welcome you. I hope to see you around and look forward to seeing some of your creations! HappyDay
poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:29 pm

and hello chicklet
you ar like it her very much everybody is so sweet and helpfull .. just one big family :girlie5:

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Thanks everybody for the very warm welcome! This is great and exactly what I was looking for, a site with real people talking!

@Lorry - Yes, I'm Chicklet's Nest LOL
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:03 pm

Are you still with N99 Chicklet, ..I'm a member there..I don't go in very often and only posted a few things..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ~Community
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm

Yes Broomhilda, I'm still a member of N99, I actually posted my first TS4 set on their update thread, but there's not a lot of activity on there these days, not like back when it was TS1, it was booming then
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:05 am

A warm warm welcome to CBS, TJ! It is great to meet someone "new" every day.

Talking about N99, makes me long for the days when I was still playing sims 1 and then sims 2. N99 was one of my absolute favourite sites to visit. Some of the greatest creators offered their stuff their!

I can guarantee you that you will get lots and lots of positive feedback on this forum. And lots of support as well.
We will be looking forward to see some of your creations. You can maybe share your pictures in an album here at the forum.
ambarlara

Postambarlara on Sat May 20, 2017 12:50 am

hey
luckybee

Postluckybee on Sat May 20, 2017 4:31 am

Hiya sweetie!!!  I'm a huge cc junkie but i've got to say... i am soooo in love with your creations!!!  Everything you have posted on here, i have reblogged on my tumbler!!!  So keep up the good work and can't wait to see what you come up next!!!   inlove34
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat May 20, 2017 11:21 pm

I do not know how I missed this post from you, TJ...

...I do know that I get exactly what you are (were) talking about.

It is sad how people don't thank creators these days. I take pains to do so because my game would be very plain without the efforts of cc creators. I know there are a lot of maxis match people who are very happy with what EA provides and I have no issues with those that like their games cc-free. I am simply in love with all the endless possibilities that cc provides <3

I am so glad you are here and that you have become such a mainstay of CBS so quickly! I truly adore you and could not do without you <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum