Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. May BAD Winners are announced! Congratulations!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» May BAD Winners!!! ♥
Today at 1:20 pm by Crissi

» Bloom Journal Issue 1
Today at 11:37 am by poppy100

» Guidelines
Today at 11:25 am by poppy100

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated May 28, 2017
Today at 11:12 am by poppy100

» coffee time
Today at 11:04 am by poppy100

» the coffee corner time
Today at 10:59 am by poppy100

» The "ing" game: (New game!)
Today at 10:43 am by Lorry

» Tahoe´s album Sims 2 "Updated 25/5 2017"
Today at 10:39 am by Tahoe

» DOTY GOOOOOOOOOOO Cheeries!!!
Today at 10:35 am by Tahoe

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 10:31 am by poppy100

» Bloom Updates for May 2017
Today at 6:40 am by Broomhilda61

» Are We There Yet?
Today at 4:18 am by Broomhilda61

» anneke my Sims2
Today at 3:22 am by alouette

» Comments and Questions
Today at 1:42 am by Lorry

» a question ''Anidup ~ Crissi ~ and I think Tilly
Today at 1:37 am by Lorry

Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

TS4 Decorating Tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi all!

This may be something that is not new to some people, but to me it's ingenous! I came across it yesterday when I was searching for OMSP's for TS2 (believe it or not, I have never used them in any of my games. I know what they are but they just seemed to be too much of a hastle to mess with at the time I learned about them.)

After playing TS4 and the ease to move things freely and raise and lower objects, I got really spoiled by that when I went back to TS2 to learn to create and stage my room set. So, I went on a mission to download some OMSP I thought would be most useful in helping me stage my rooms. Which I found a ton, still not entirely too happy with them tho. Evidently I like things easy lol, or think they should be visible when in build mode and automatically become invisible in live mode because I kept losing them when I'd make them invisible.

Anyway that's not what this post is about, so during my search I came across a post by someone who had (to me at least) an extremely useful and helpful tip about placing things in TS4 so I wanted to share it with anybody else who's been in the dark and away from the game for years like me!

You can raise and lower objects in TS4 and move them freely with MOO, but sometimes things still don't line up with the furniture object you're cluttering, like a low coffee table, the sofa, chair, bed, etc. But, you can move shelves on the wall freely up and down without the constraints of the in-game increments, so what she did was lowered a shelf on the wall to just below the height of the piece of furniture she wanted to clutter, she placed her clutter item on it, then deleted the shelf. The clutter object on that shelf will remain at that height until you delete it so you can move it freely to the peice of furniture you want. It will revert back to the original height after you delete it. I don't know if this works in TS2 or not, but you could try it. I'm not sure if the objects stay the say height after you move them off the shelf in TS2 or not.

She was able to clutter stairs this way (That might interefere with actual game play and the footpath, but for decorating challenges, contests, or show off pics it would be great.)

Pretty nifty? Or did everybody already know about this trick and I'm just a slow learner? LOL

Here's a link of the blog post if you're interested in reading it, she's got pics too!

TS4 OMSP Work-Around

Here's something else (for those of you who aren't afraid to change things in Sims 4 Studio).

About a month ago, I had spent half the day recoloring a kitchen and the upper cabinets were supposed to be white. But, when I put them on the wall in the game they were at best, a hideous blueish purple, and if the room was enclosed entirely with walls, they were almost black. (This pic is just an L-shaped wall around the counters and cabinets, not a fully enclosed room, I was testing lights to see if it would help and moving positions in the house)

Also, If I added more lights, then the countertops on the counters would wash out even more and you would see no detail at all, and the gray wood became a light beige color instead of the dark gray it was supposed to be

Here's an ingame pic:

Well I asked over at the Sims 4 Studio forum and some very nice person instructed me on how to fix this.

So my cabinets went from that to this:

If you're interested in learning how to do this, here's the post I made and what she told me to do (it was pretty easy)

True White Cabinets
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:52 am

Oh, thank you, TJ!

<3<3<3

I knew about filling all the slots with stuff, then with MOO you could double place an item and move it around at the same level, or move the surface (coffee table, stairs, etc, and adjust the item/items placement), but I hadn't thought about shelving :D

I do use OMSPs - A LOT!

I have EZ2CIAMAPRINCESS multilevel 6-pack along with the regular ones and those allow me to place stuff anywhere. Her site is gone, but they are still available via the wayback machine. PM me, if you'd like more details on those <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Thanks Suzanne! That's great, I will go snag them this weekend!
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Thank you Chicklet. I was just having this issue with a house I'm building. For some reason, a room, including the floor has turned that same purple grey colour. I really don't like the lighting in sims 4. I really liked it in sims 2, so why try to fix something that isn't broken?????
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:03 am

This really is a very helpful tip , Chiclet. I did not know that, and will definitely use it in the future.
Thank you so much for sharing it here as well.
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:20 pm

You're most welcome! I'm glad that it will help others too, as I'm sure some have experienced the same thing.
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Were you able to find them, TJ?

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:53 pm

No, I was distracted looking for something to finish the TS2 set and ended up spending 4 hours D/L'ing stuff I don't need and forgot all about them LOL, but I'm back to working on a TS4 set now so I'll be on the hunt for them
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:08 pm

I do know how that works, LOL!

Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Sun May 14, 2017 7:01 pm

And here I thought something was wrong with my game. I recently noticed that sometimes when I removed an object, wanting to place it somewhere else, it remained at the height of the object it had originally been placed on. Now, at least, I know what is happening. I had no idea all objects could be moved up and down, will have to give it a try.
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun May 14, 2017 7:38 pm

I didn't even see this post..I'm sorry TJ..wow you have a lot of great tips for Sims4 players..thank you for your help..awesome job

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Tue May 16, 2017 11:10 am

Lisa - you may also want to look into Zerbu's lighting mod - it adjusts the interior lighting with NoBlu and stops sims' eyes from glowing with NoGlo. Easy to google :D

Granna23

PostGranna23 on Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 pm

I've learned something already!  Thank You!
ca1ty

Postca1ty on Sat May 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Thank you!
Stitchie12

PostStitchie12 on Sun May 21, 2017 12:39 am

Whooohooo thank you chicklet for sharing that with us! :Spring2 :Spring2 :Spring2 doggy2
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sun May 21, 2017 1:10 am

And, posts like these are why I love Cherry Blossom Sims <3

TracyM

PostTracyM on Sun May 21, 2017 7:07 am

Sooo glad I found this post!!! This problem annoys the heck out of me, lol. Awesome :)
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon May 22, 2017 4:18 am

So glad that others found these useful!
Keetz87

PostKeetz87 on Mon May 22, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm at work right now but I found a way to fake frosted glass windows like in a bathroom for The Sims4. When I get home I'll post a pic and mini tutorial.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon May 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Now this sounds very interesting, Kay. I will be on the lookout for the tutorial.
loveratsims4

Postloveratsims4 on Tue May 23, 2017 12:21 am

One house I made in Sims 2 had over 300 OSMP's in it. Useable - no - but it looked great! I find Sims 4 really annoying with the lighting even with all the great mods. When I look back at CC I made when S4 first come out I realise a lot of the colours just look so different between games with mods and no mods - gah!
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Tue May 23, 2017 11:56 am

I'd like to see that, as well, Kay.

Loverat - might you have a picture or two of that ts2 house? I'd love to see it :D

coudex

Postcoudex Yesterday at 1:05 am

So helpful!! :D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum