Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Our B.A.C Contest is now open!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Decorator or player?
Today at 1:45 am by songib67

» Hello out there!
Today at 1:40 am by songib67

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 1:39 am by szanne7000

» Change one letter in the word above
Today at 1:28 am by songib67

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 1:24 am by szanne7000

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 12:53 am by szanne7000

» B.A.C: The Espresso Room: Chat and Questions
Today at 12:51 am by szanne7000

» Summer Siggies 2016 to grab
Today at 12:47 am by szanne7000

» Scarlet's Album
Today at 12:36 am by poppy100

» How did you find Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims or CherryBlossom Sims
Today at 12:32 am by pyanj

» WCIF TS3 items
Today at 12:00 am by poppy100

» New member!
Yesterday at 11:51 pm by poppy100

» B.A.D June 2017 Questions and Comments
Yesterday at 11:32 pm by poppy100

» June B.A.D The Theme and Entries
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by poppy100

» B.A.C: The Espresso Room: Entries
Yesterday at 10:25 pm by Resa

Whats new?

TS4: Farmhouse Chic by Chicklet

TS4: Painting Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Bedding Recolors by Anidup

TS4: Wallpapers by Anidup

TS4: Recolors of EA Maxis Poster

TS4: RC Lounge set by Oldbox

S4: Curtain RC by Oldbox

TS2-TS4: Suza loft plant by Anidup

TS4: Sweet Tea Porch Set by Chicklet

TS4: Sunday Morning by Tilly

TS4: Candice Olson Bette Lounge conversion by Anidup

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS4 Decorating Tips

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Elite Member
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:50 am

Hi Summer, Google:

the sims 4, zerbu, noBlu

the sims 4, zerbu, noGlo

These two lighting mods (they are NOT script mods) adjust the interior game lighting to reduce the blue lighting (noBlu) and the odd, glowing in sim eyes in darkened interiors (noGlo).

This should reduce this for you. I no longer have those issues (I rarely play a sim, as I'm a builder), but you can take a look at my portfolio to see interior lighting in game -I don't use anything else like ReShade or post processing on my pictures- to see how it looks, if you'd like.

There are a lot of pictures (a whole lot, lol, so fair warning)... My DOTY rounds are from around pg 15/16 or so :D

Here's the link to my portfolio here at cherryblossomsims: http://cherryblossomsims.forumieren.com/t4940p500-szanne7000-working-on-it

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:53 pm

While searching to see if the ability to make "Collection Folders" like we could on other games for TS4, I came across some info that I thought I'd pass on. On another site I just read and learned something about the search function (which was new to me and did help a lot).

Here's the thread, it's about half way down the page (the entry with the pics)

Carl's Sims 4 Guide

Basically instead of clicking one of the lines that pop up when you type in your search word, you click the very top that says "Text Search" and it will show you every item that has the search word you searched for. I was having a problem searching for CC I had created when I had all my CC in my mods folder, because the game doesn't seem to organize it by just creator name or price. It seems to organize it by creator name by type, so if something was cloned from a plant it will be in a different location than if I cloned a deco object, even tho the objects names all start the same and I price everything the same. Even doing a search for objects by name would only list the first 7 or 8 items, and I tried it the way it was explained on this other site, and it did indeed show a pic of every single item (and a few others) that had my search word.

Read more:
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:56 am

Oh, yes...

I did not realize people may not know that, and I'm really glad you brought this up, TJ.

It is how I make sure I can find anything with a particular text string in it...

...especially when I remember an item has silver in it somewhere, lol.

...or I know a creator is good about putting their name in with their items and I know they made something, but I haven't been able to find it... I can type in their name and everything by them will come up this way.

...Severinka is an example. She either uses Severinka (capital S) OR [SV]

Either of those as a text string will bring up either group of cc by her :D

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:54 am

Well I certainly didn't know about it, I was only using the 7-8 search results and would get frustrated because it wasn't showing every single thing. Now, I know this will be a trememdous help!
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:21 am

I never know what people know or don't know, TJ :/

Sometimes, by their wording and/or actual questions, I can suggest things, or give them my knowledge.

But you are cool, just throwing out there stuff you come across that you don't know :D

At this point, I can't tell you when I learned stuff, lol.

Sigh.

I feel like I should offer more, but I don't know what to put out. I know I do when people are wondering about things :D

Then, sometimes I feel like I'm lecturing, heheheheh, and hope people don't feel like I'm being a know-it-all :/

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:40 am

OMG! No way! I for one don't ever think you come across as lecturing! And, I'm certain most other people don't either! I think you're soooo knowledgeable on so many things about the game, it's wonderful!

You're like our personal WCIF hunt person and Game Tips & Tricks Gal! I love it!

I only post about things that I learn about in case someone else is also new to the game. Even tho I've had TS4 since 2015, I have only recently gotten into it. I really only played a few weeks.

Let me ask you this tho, is there a way to expand the object thumbnails? So that it shows more and you don't have to scroll down thru as much? I asked at S4S but nobody ever responded. The reason I ask is because I was watching a youtube speed once and her thumbnails looked like it was 2-3 times as wide as mine, maybe she had a larger screen than me, mine is 22"
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:55 am

Thank you, TJ - I needed a reality check :D

(did you know I was going to be a professor? lol... well, I was before my neck decided to do what it did, heheheheh)

To answer your question, I think the only way you could do that would be to literally make your own, TJ.

You could use S4S to add them to the object, but I think that would be a really tedious process.

You could try and see how that might work with your own sets and see if they are larger.

The only other way might be to increase the aspect ratio of your monitor. However, I believe you would loose clarity with your overall images by doing that.

-----Do you happen to have that YouTube video link? I'd like to see it - maybe there are some clues there towards a different answer :D

I'd like to know, myself.-----

I know that I have my monitor set to the absolute best it and my graphics card can give me. I'm grateful for my glasses - they are midrange and allow vision about 2' away. If not for those, I wouldn't be able to see anything with these new screen resolutions!

~~~I have to remember to switch them if I get up from my chair, as I can't see anything with them walking around the house, lol...

...my regular glasses are bifocals :D

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:01 am

No, I don't mean bigger as in the actual picture, I mean bigger as in how many there are per page before you have to scroll down to see the next row. This girl's on that youtube video was like a foot long and she had like 6 rows showing, it was large, but again, I don't know if her screen size was larger than mine
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:04 am

No, I'm sorry, I don't have that link, this was months ago and I was just surfing around while I worked when I was bored
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:11 am

Hmmmm... I'm going to look around and see what I can see.

This was cc, like appliances, plants, clutter, couches, and such?

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:17 am

Yes, exactly! Objects, and it would just be so much easier if you could expand it so you didn't just see 18-24 items or however many it is before having to scroll down to the next row
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:57 am

Suzanne, I found an example on youtube while I was waiting for my packages to merge. See how wide her search box is? The actual box with the thumbnails? Mine is only about 1/2 that size, yet this fit my monitor perfectly without having to scroll left or right to see the entire image.

Do you think her screen is wider and that's why?

The link is Here

szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:12 am

Here's mine...

I changed to Windowed so I could use Snipping Tool to get the actual game stuff, lol :D

We both got 2 rows of 16 across - I could have sqeezed a partial 3rd row, but not a full 3rd row.

I wonder if the video you were watching was from ts3...

...I recall being able to "pull up" the rows in ts3 (I believe it was ts3) and increase the amount of viewable rows.

Maybe the build you were watching was an earlier game version?

I've looked and looked for that ability in ts4 and I'm just not seeing it.

I see an ability to change the UI size via the options.ini file - to either scale it up or down, irrespective of your screen resolution, but I that isn't what you want to do.

I'm right there with you, though. I'd like to have more rows visible. For me, though, it is because it is easier for me to move with more space (those pesky hands of mine, lol).

Text string searching may make you have to scroll less, though :D

With fewer items in the rows to look through, there will definitely be less scrolling <3

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:22 am

It is very possible it was TS3, but I didn't think it was, I haven't played that since before xmas. And yes, I do remember that you could expand the thumbnails up, but couldn't remember which game that was, I miss that feature!

Another question .... Do you know if there's a way to allocate a certain amount of memory to the Sims game? I remember searching for the answer for TS3 because I lagged so bad, and I believe I read that the max the game would allow was 2GB of RAM and I was mad because I had 8GB on that PC, and my PC now has 16GB.
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 am

Is your system 32bit or 64bit?

There was an Origin/EA ts4 patch (Dec 2015) that ***finally*** allowed systems that are 64bit to capitalize on that when playing ts4. Heavily populated lots (and us crazy cc builders) stopped having lags and game crashes :D

If you do have a 64bit system, Origin should have automatically detected that and started running the appropriate ts4 option.

Are you on a Windows 10, fairly current system?

Again, if you are, a fairly recent system with a good cpu, ram, hard drive (that isn't full), and a good graphics card that is kept cool will have no issues running ts4.

We like to think it is a graphics intensive game, but when compared to some of the other games out there, it really isn't.

What are you specs, TJ?

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:37 am

Windows 7
16GB RAM
Intel Quad-Core 2.66 Mhz
64 Bit
Nvidea Geforce GT 730
500 GB HD
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:44 am

Woot! Just fired up the game after merging all 11.2 GB of CC (except for my one a couple script mods).

Without merging it look about 30 minutes or so then froze on me
With merging it look about 15 minutes maybe, so yeah it was worth wasting the entire night merging! LOL
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:48 am

You are totally fine, TJ :D

Your system is more than good to run ts4 :D

Besides, you do all your creator stuff on it, right?

If you're running Photoshop and all the other necessary utilities to recolor and mesh and stuff - trust me, lol, your system is just fine <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Yes!!!

Be patient with it this first go-round...

After that, everything will run faster :D

mika73

Postmika73 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:40 am

great tip!
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:01 am

Did you try merging, Mika?

If so, how is it working for you?

inesbend

Postinesbend on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:36 pm

I did not know him, thank you!
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:56 am

There are some really awesome people in the simming community, Inés...

I've learned so much from reading their posts, sending them messages to ask questions, reading blogs, watching video tutorials...

...and everyone here at CBS is also more than willing to do their very best to help <3

I'm really glad you've joined us :D

elynmccoy

Postelynmccoy on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:59 pm

This is genius! You just solved my problem!
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:42 am

Which one, in particular, Elyn?

(curious, lol)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum