Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. There is an issue with Photobucket: Can all members please replace missing images or the posts will have to be deleted. Thank you! Voting for June B.A.D Contest is now open. Closing date for voting is July 24th. Come and vote for your winner! Issue 2 of Bloom magazine is now out. Go and take a look!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» What's the history of your avatar?
Today at 9:33 pm by Chicklet45368

» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 25/7 2017
Today at 9:11 pm by Tahoe

» All 4 Sims - Updates 2017
Today at 8:51 pm by Chicklet45368

» The Winners of our June BAD Contest!
Today at 8:49 pm by tilly

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 8:36 pm by Chicklet45368

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 8:18 pm by Chicklet45368

» So That Happened
Today at 8:18 pm by anidup

» I am upset....NOPE, not anymore......
Today at 8:15 pm by anidup

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 7:59 pm by darksyngr

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 7:02 pm by Chicklet45368

» A Challenge For TJ
Today at 6:52 pm by Chicklet45368

» Hello from Ice~
Today at 6:43 pm by Broomhilda61

» Hello!
Today at 6:42 pm by Broomhilda61

Today at 6:20 pm by Broomhilda61

» Newbiee
Today at 6:18 pm by Broomhilda61

Whats new?

TS4: TS3 conversion of Louvered doors by Chicklet

TS4: Cyclonesue chimneys by Chicklet

TS4: Rug Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Wicker Chair Conversion by Anidup

TS4: House by Oldbox

TS2-TS4 Conversion by Chicklet

TS4: Painting RC's by Crissi

TS4: Painting RC's Anidup

TS4: Masculine curtain recolours by Chicklet

TS4: B.A.C Espresso room recolours by Anidup

TS4: Wicker conversions by Chicklet

TS2: Sim by Maryann

TS4: Farmhouse Chic by Chicklet

TS4: Painting Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Bedding Recolors by Anidup

TS4: Wallpapers by Anidup

TS4: Recolors of EA Maxis Poster

TS4: RC Lounge set by Oldbox

S4: Curtain RC by Oldbox

TS2-TS4: Suza loft plant by Anidup

TS4: Sweet Tea Porch Set by Chicklet

TS4: Sunday Morning by Tilly

TS4: Candice Olson Bette Lounge conversion by Anidup

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

Comments and Questions

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Broomhilda61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:26 pm

It's beautiful Anita..job well down with the small spaces.. bravo

I think I am going to wait till after I get the other computer before I do anymore challenges..I only have just over a week maybe 2 weeks before I get..

I have to start taking things off of here and saving them..then all the bookmarks again lol..all this will take be about 2 weeks lol..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ~Community
My Tumblr
poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:04 pm

Inesband
...It's a very sweet house that you made
I like it ,

Anidup
Your home is amazing. really
It's so fresh and friendly, I think the bedroom wall is beautiful
I would like to live there , if I could  
                          I always look forward to your creations, this was another pleasure to look at  :thy:

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:14 pm

Ah thank you Sam and Anneke for your kind comments!
Lorry
Elite Member

PostLorry on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:38 am

Anitaaaa you are amazing! Your build is super......but I really do understand when you said you had done it twice, sometimes we just need to go with it. Your decor is amazing, I love that it's predominately white, it look so clean. I really love the sofa with the cushion and looking into the the kitchen......breathtaking topscore
What's even better is the fact that you finally found some down time for yourself

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:00 am

Finally found some time to sit down and comment on all the wonderful entries!

Carmen - I loved how your house was elevated and loved the little walk up going up! I miss that about TS4! The kitchen is adorable! Lime green is one of my most fav colors! I love that bathtub too! I don't know if I have ever seen that before! And it looks fabulous with those tiled walls! And the livingroom is gorgeous and vibrant with that red color! And, I'm in love with that modern nudey pic in the bedroom! You did an awesome job!

Lorry - I think I already commented on yours, and skipped over Carmen's by accident! LOL ... But, I'll just say it again .... FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC job!!! (as always!) *steals your Mods folder of all your wonderful CC! (I swear I want every single thing you have, the walls, the floors, the furniture, the kitchens, the deco! I could go on and on! LOL)

Poppy - I adore your entry! It's so elegant and feminine with a touch of rustic! I would be thrilled to be able to decorate that way! I love those sweeping stairs and all the white you used with the rustic wood! Very oooooh la la! And, the view from the patio inside is amazing!

Ines - I love your entry! It's got such a simple, calming scandinavian vibe to it! Love that teal deer head and the wall with the different mirrors! Very savvy! I'd have never thought to do that! You did a wonderful job!

Anita - I adore your little house! It reminds me a barn turned into a house! Love the outside landscaping, it's perfect! And, inside is to die for! I fell in love with the first pic immediately and couldn't wait to see more! How in the world do you get your whites to be soooo "white"?!!! I need to know that trick! Everything is so crisp and clean and looks like a magazine page, I swear! That little tablecloth is amazing and I neeeeed it!!! LOL Your bedroom is so soothing and calming too! Awww, and I see you've used my laundry room! That makes me so happy to see others use my things! You rock!!
Lorry
Elite Member

PostLorry on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:07 am

giggle TJ you are so funny....thank you again!

poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:22 am

Chicklet ... 

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:25 am

TJ thank you so much for the compliments..... really really appreciate that.
I have the noblu and noglo mods in my game, and apart from that I always change the light settings to the brightest and whitests setting. Then the loveseat is indeed very white, when I converted it I made sure that the hue and contrast on the texture map made it as white as can be. I do not want grey if I am looking for white, hehehe.
I am not good with landscaping, but I did not want to have only green grass surrounding her house. And then I did not want to do too much, since I intend to the bright and airy patio as well.
It is such a thrill to see ones goodies being used isn't it?
I am soooo happy that you like it..... oh I said it already but I am! giggle

Lorry: You are a real gem! And between you and TJ I am glowing. I am very critical of my own work.... and still am not very pleased with the house although I really enjoyed putting it together.
You still are my main source of inspiration....

Lorry
Elite Member

PostLorry on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am

anidup wrote:
I am very critical of my own work.... and still am not very pleased with the house although I really enjoyed putting it together.
You still are my main source of inspiration....

Awww Anita I feel your pain, I know exactly what you mean.

My eldest son is very talented at drawing, when he was young he drew pictures of mainly NBA players such as Michael Jordan. Every now and then he would draw a picture from a photograph of his younger siblings. Most of them were screwed up and thrown away, with me scurrying to retrieve the art work and keep it.....he was so hard on himself, and like us, very critical. Perhaps we need to take a deep breath and just relax more. I love doing what I am doing, but I have wasted so much time deleting everything and restarting over.....not going to do that anymore!!

Anita just because you didn't like your house doesn't mean we didn't get great enjoyment viewing your work.......lol I could do this all day, I love looking at other peoples work!

bighugs2
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Lorry - Those werte such wonderful words of wisdom! And, I completely agree! We are our biggest critic, especially if you're a perfectionist like it seems all of us here are! I have many times made crafts or a sewing project in RL and hated it, until the next time I saw, usually around the holidays when I pull it out, and then I'm like "Wow! I didn't do too shabby on this!"

For me always the hardest part is getting started with decorating, I never know what direction I want to go and spend hours trying different looks and not liking any of them, then finally just picking something and going with it. I almost never have a clear design idea in my head from the the start. And I always tend to use the same colors and style over and over in my sims houses, but looking at everybody's wonderful designs here has inspired me to at least try other things. I too love to decorate and have plans to make over some of EA's houses and show them off.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:40 pm

TJ, that is exactly what I do..... but remember I also play the game, and do not always have the desire to spend days on building. So I choose the easier option..... renovate the maxis houses. giggle
inesbend

Postinesbend on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Hello!

I have not written for several days because I had to take a trip.
Thank you very much for the comments about my house!
The rest of houses are also beautiful, very inspiring !!!

I have to continue working with the yard, which will be the next mini challenge
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:29 pm

I feel that everyone here has been a very big inspiration to me..I would never have started any of this if it wasn't for all of you valentine1f ..and I wish I had everyone downloads folders lol.. but I still have to learn to take pictures..I'm not sure I will ever learn that lol.. shame

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
inesbend

Postinesbend on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:46 pm

For the photos I put more table lights or floor than ceiling lamps, so they look more shadows and look more real.
Then, with a simple photo retouching program (I use Picasa) I do a little more contrast, and I try, but I do not change much either.
Hope this can help you!
And thank you for the time and work you have dedicated to have a place to share our creations !!
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Thank you Ines for your tips..I have tried everything..I even took one wall down and the roof to get more lighting..and I have figured out how to use the contrast in Photoshop for betting lighting as well..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Elite Member

PostLorry on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 am

Broomhilda61 wrote:I feel that everyone here has been a very big inspiration to me..I would never have started any of this if it wasn't for all of you  valentine1f ..and I wish I had everyone downloads folders lol.. but I still have to learn to take pictures..I'm not sure I will ever learn that lol.. shame

I have to say you have come so far too! You are certainly an inspiration to me bighugs2 rock
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Thank you Lorry.. bighugs

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Elite Member

PostLorry on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:55 pm

You are so welcome my darling bighugs2

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum