Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Please vote for your May BAD Winner. Voting is now open! Voting closes on 28th May.
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

TS2: Zebra wall mural by Broomhilda

TS4: Straight out of Streatham paintings by Tilly

TS4: Vintage Bus Blinds by Tilly

TS2: Grey is the new black by Chicklet

TS4:4 Tile wall decal mesh by Anidup

Favorite Rooms To Decorate

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Fri May 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi all!

I was just wondering what are your favorite rooms to decorate? What do you always seem to gravitate to first when searching for downloads?

I myself have a tendency to always snag bedrooms, living rooms, and dining rooms. (And, clutter! Always different clutter items)

I am horrible at making nice bathrooms and kitchens, and I don't never play with kids or toddlers so I never think to create anything for them. I do like outside/patio type stuff, but I am terrible at landscaping so plants are not my thing (well, I Do love me some indoor plants tho!)
caravirt
Total Awards : 2

Postcaravirt on Fri May 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Living rooms are my favorite ... then follows dining, then kitchen and on the fourth place bedrooms. Bathroom depends on the space I can use. If it´s very small (so that I cant place all the clutter I prefer in the bath), I don´t like it. giggle
Clutter everywhere is very important for me - I allways try to decorate a room looking alive and cosy (for my taste). And therefore every room has to have many plants (I even try to place one or more in a tiny bathroom *g)

I also never play with kids and very seldom with pets. So I try to skip children rooms in my buildings and only build and decorate them, if I have to (for example in a contest). Also saving space for a car port or a garage is unimportant for me.

If I build a house, I love to do so much landscaping, that the surrounding of the house looks attractive. But creating a big garden or a park is nothing I prefer.

one life is too short ... thank god we´ve more than one  summerB15
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri May 19, 2017 11:32 pm

My favorite is everything inside lol..when it's my Medieval, Rustic, Country look..I love to play the game so I don't like a lot of clutter that gets the sims to throw up their arms and and have a cow..lol..
Outside is not my thing really..I do like a little bit of flowers, a pond some trees garden/crops..and some animals and play area for the kids..but not to really decorate..
I love big houses lot of rooms for my sims to move around in..and double stairs so they don't fight over who's come up or down..omgosh..and lot's of bathrooms..a bathroom for each member of the family..don't you hate when they stand in front of an empty bathroom and pee on themselves lol..
If I use an in game house I tear it apart and put it back together lol..so usually I like to build my own..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

luckybee

Postluckybee on Fri May 19, 2017 11:49 pm

Oh how i love decorating the kitchen!!! Do you know how much clutter you put in there??? I'm such a cc addict then i can really fly when i do kitchens! lol!

Somehow my kitchens are almost always really warm and love to have all baking clutter as if my sim is just in the middle of baking! I have everything from the rolling pin to the eggs and always add lots of already cooked cookies and cakes! ... mmmm... i wonder how my sim stays this slim..lol!

As for my least favorite... well shouldn't really say least... more like that one room that never gets totally finished... is the bathroom... i don't know why, but always get bored by time i get to it...so my sims are often out of bathroom tissues!! lol!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat May 20, 2017 3:42 am

Oh Luckybee, you must visit the portfolio of our sister, Suzanne. She is the queen of clutter! She has completely rubbed off on me in that way too!

My favourite rooms are the living room, bedrooms and studies. I not so much like the kitchen and dining rooms. Bathroom is a must have, and since I do not spend a lot of time playing the sims in that room, it does not get a lot of attention at all.
(They may be embarrassed if I were to look in on them)
I am trying to get to the garden more, that is the part of my builds that receives the least attention, and that is such a pity, since a beautiful garden draws the eye to the house as well.
poppy100
Forum Champion

Postpoppy100 on Sat May 20, 2017 5:13 am

good morning..to all 

In my previous years of sims, I did 100 times the bedroom and living room, "I think
But for the last 2 years I like to do different things
It's just what I want to make
And also what is being asked with a contest
That's always so fun to do

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sat May 20, 2017 5:29 am

I always start with the kitchen as it is my favorite room It is so easy to fill it with clutter and the kitchen can be built in so many different ways. The living room comes in second place and then bedroom.
Bathrooms can not be done much so they usually get quite small.
Children's room: I almost never build children's rooms (my houses are meant for singles or couples without children)
Office: Hate when it's almost part of any house to build competitions is so boring.
Outdoors: I'm terrified in landscape architecture, I have huge plants, trees and shrubs and know how I want it to look, but it's almost never. Outside places are also quite boring as there are not so many different outdoor furniture.
Small houses with just one floor is my favorite project.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
anaritaof

Postanaritaof on Sat May 20, 2017 10:54 am

hi.
Bedrooms, Kitchens and outdoors things.
Always love clutter, so much clutter!
ca1ty

Postca1ty on Sat May 20, 2017 10:59 am

I love to decorate bedrooms. I have a ton of clutter CC so I can make bedrooms look so amazing.
oceanbreeze

Postoceanbreeze on Sat May 20, 2017 4:13 pm

I really like offices
sims4sisters

Postsims4sisters on Sat May 20, 2017 5:13 pm

I pretty much like decorating all rooms except bathrooms are my kryptonite! Oh, how bathrooms vex me!
TracyM

PostTracyM on Sun May 21, 2017 2:10 am

Kitchens I always seem to start with.... then bedrooms. I vary on the others depending on the home layout but bathrooms usually come in third. I also love to decorate offices and my builds usually have an artists room!
poppy100
Forum Champion

Postpoppy100 on Sun May 21, 2017 5:25 am

Omy what would I like to see all your greaties'' Of you new cherry's  :girlie5:

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 am

Anneke.... I agree! Let's hope some of them will open a portfolio and show us what they are creating!
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Sun May 21, 2017 12:58 pm

I get bored with decorating and furnishing unless it's for a contest and tend to cheat using the already created rooms. If I do decide to do a house for a family with a theme I tend to knock all the rooms into one and have a huge open plan living area, only one room to decorate then LOL

I think though I tend to always start with the kitchen, i love doing children bedrooms and have lots of children and toddlers in my game I don't like doing bathrooms though even my own RL bathroom is pretty basic, no clutter everything is in cupboards and it's all white, walls, floor everything.

I love to build but it's usually to upload I rarely move families in.

Installed in my game
Keetz87

PostKeetz87 on Sun May 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi everyone, my fav rooms to decorate are all the rooms lol. If I must chose though I love decorating the kitchens and bathrooms.
unaequis

Postunaequis on Sun May 21, 2017 4:19 pm

I'm not sure, but I usually begin with the living room, I find it kind of sets the tone for the rest of the house, then the kitchen, dining rooms are sort of an afterthought for me. Bathrooms are mostly boring, I can never figure out what to do with them, and I've usually run out of steam by the time I get to the bedrooms and outside, LOL. One of this days I need to invert the order and see how that goes.
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun May 21, 2017 11:10 pm

Carmen - I am the exact same way about clutter, I want my house to look real and lived in (shoes kicked off by the door, keys and mail on a hall table, cereal boxes on the counter, etc) I don't clutter up the room sets I make too much, just because I think it can disappoint people if they see something they want and it's not included in my file, or at least I have been drawn to a blog or tumbler because of the staging pic thinking it was an entire set only to find out it was just the "windows" or a "chair" and not the entire room and all it's glorious deco. LOL

Sam - I can't wait for you to get all your downloads put back into your game so you can wow us with your decorating! I know you can do it great because I saw the pictures on your story of your medieval couple.

Luckybee - You sound like Suzanne about so much CC! LOL I forget how much she said she had, but it's astronomical! It makes me wonder how long it takes to load your guy's games. I don't have a lot and what I have is mostly from creators who allow meshes to be included with recolors. And, the no toilet paper made me laugh! LOL

Anita - I love landscaping and gardens by those that have the talent to make it looked professionally done. I am not that person, not in the sims or in RL! LOL I almost never download a house that isn't fully landscaped and has curb appeal.

Poppy - I totally agree! I love contests or challenges where you have to stay on theme or decorate around a certain item. That brings the most joy of all (besides creating). I normally find one item that speaks to me, where it's a bed, sofa, dining chair and decorate according to the vibe it get from it.

Marie - I love small one floor houses too! When I do play, I play with either a couple or a single person, and it's a pretty open floor plan, not too many walls except for bedroom and bathroom and always a one floor plan because it's easier to see what your sim is doing.

Anaritaof - You fit right in! Welcome to the Clutter Club! LOL

Ca1ty - You can join the Clutter Club too! LOL (and I do hope you post some of your gorgeous bedrooms! I love to ooooh and ahhhh over other peoples designs!

Oceanbreeze - You can decorate my offices for me! It's not my thing in the sims. LOL ... Now, my RL office is cute tho, it was fun to decorate in RL for it. It's aqua, white, and bright orange. It's my office/craft room and talk about clutter! I have everything from empty wine bottles waiting to be spray painted to a cordless drill, sewing machine, fabric bins, printer, Cricut cutter, shredder, filing cabinets and storage shelves, I could go on forever as I'm looking around! LOL

Sims4sisters - I hear ya! I actually dread bathrooms in the sims. I think it's because I like larger rooms so I don't have walls blocking my view then I am stumped at how to fill it up with stuff so it's not so empty. And I had to laugh because my granddaughter, who is 12, was like how come people put couches in the bathroom on the sims? LOL

TracyM - Yes, I normally have some sort of artist room too, I forgot about that, and also a "game room/work out room" combined so that I can have all the necessary stuff tucked away out of site but that they can use when they want to.

Anita & Poppy - I too would love to see everybody post pics of their houses!

Nikki - I am the same way about getting bored with decorating sometimes. Every time I start playing again I go on this big download spree to snag all the beautiful things that came out when I wasn't playing and I always decorate my house before I ever play, and then I have to do the same thing for my sim and by the time I get done with that, I'm tired of the sims and something else has captured my attention and I put it away for months and months LOL. That's why I like to create, because I get to put my touch on something and then decorate a room for a preview shot so I get the best of both worlds, decorating and creating and I never get tired of creating because I have so many ideas!

Kay - Feel free to decorate my kitchens and baths any day! LOL Those are not my thing. Well the thing is this, I like to "decorate" kitchens, love that, what I don't like is "designing" the kitchen, I am not good with cabinet layout, my kitchens are always boring L-shaped with an island and a few upper cabinets, nothing special. I actually will save a creators preview pic to refer back on, but then I almost always have too big a kitchen or too small for it to look exactly like they had it LOL

Kat - I always start with the living room too. I think because it's my favorite room in RL next to my bedroom. One of these days I'm going to recreate the rooms in my house.
kelce02

Postkelce02 on Mon May 22, 2017 4:27 am

Living rooms and then bedrooms. Hate doing bathrooms. They never turn out like I want them to
LinaSims

PostLinaSims on Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 pm

I love to decorate living rooms and bedrooms! Most recently I've gotten into bathroom decor for some reasons. You can never have too much clutter
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Mon May 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Thank you for that comment TJ..I just seen that post...my medieval couples had died..after that factory restore and losing most of my CC..I have to restart the whole thing over..I know I will be doing Medieval/Rustic/Country..that is what I love..and the skin tones I had on them will be back...and the names..just the story may be different..but will try and get the same ideas back with the next round..I love what I had done with the story at the beginning..and all 4 of my couples were pregnant..nobody knew that yet lol..

I don't like clutter..my sims can't move around..they throw up their hands and complain lol..

I plan on showing how I do my houses..big and simple in decorating..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

sunnzelle

Postsunnzelle on Mon May 22, 2017 5:34 pm

I love completing a whole house, but I love designing bedrooms and bathrooms. I like doing offices/studies as well.
loveratsims4

Postloveratsims4 on Mon May 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Definitely the kitchen and the great outdoors. I too am a clutteraholic and can never go past cute little deco items. The trouble is I have sooooooo many of them I forget what I have =D
szanne7000
Elite Member

Postszanne7000 on Tue May 23, 2017 10:02 am

OMG... I never know what I'm going to want, LOL!!!

It is why I have so much cc!!!

Doing these DOTY builds has actually forced me to be so very specific, I've actually gone out and redownloaded cc just to do each round! Agonizing, I tell you! hehehehehehehehe

Seriously, though... when I'm doing my usual type of builds, I have as much cc as I can crammed into my game. I go into a sort of trance/meditative state and start with a real life floor plan that I adapt to the sims building capabilities, draw one from several different plans from real life that I put together in my head (I love grid paper!), or literally just free build it in the game and see what happens.

Then, I just see what grabs my attention in my cc files... it could be a piece of furniture, a plant, a cabinet, a rug (:D ), bedding, a curtain... I truly never know. It just goes from there. All of the design stuff I've read through my years of simming - from design magazines, living sims magazines, tutorials, blogs, books, YouTube videos - you name it, I've watched, read, discussed, thought, and dreamed about it... it all just simmers and bubbles and flows around my mind while I'm scrolling through or searching for stuff I know is somewhere in the thousands of pieces of stuff I know I have in there somewhere, lol...

Sigh.

Sometimes I think I know what I want to do and partway through doing that, something else jumps up and down and the next thing you know it's light outside and I've got a completely different build on the screen and my son is standing in my doorway looking at me saying, "you didn't go to bed, did you?"

Yeah... it really is like that for me. So, I cannot answer which room is my favorite.

I don't worry if a sim can route. In fact, the only time I ever worried about that was when a friend from Tumblr asked me to make them a cc-free penthouse in San Myshuno. I was honored and freaked out all at the same time!

I did it... It turned out quite nice. But it was hard! No cc? Sims were going to live there? I had to ask both my sons what I needed to include just to make sure that actual sims would like living there. Then I had to put a sim in there just to make sure that could go everywhere, LOLOLOLOL

Also, I thank whoever/whatever may be out there every single time I go into my game for OMSPs. I simply could not make my builds look the way they do without them. heheheheheheh <3

...also, off grid, MOO, the alt key, raising things, and making them larger.

...now, if they would just figure out how to let us make anything smaller without needing to inconsistently do that set to head thing AND tilt stuff AND bring back (probably not, but I can hope) terrain elevation cheats, I can be completely happy :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue May 23, 2017 11:28 am

LOL< Suzanne, you have summed it up brilliantly! I can't tell you how many times I started out with decorating a room with one thing in mind, only to realize when I am done, that it looks nothing like the picture I had in my head.
I am not that good with building, but I have promised myself that will be the next thing I am going to learn about.

Seeing the sun rise after being busy with a build happens to me quite often as well. For me though, it is my husband shaking his head not understanding what it is about a game that can captivate me so completely.

But, whether I build, create or play.... I love the game!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum