Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
» so ready for seasons
Today at 3:22 pm by MysticTrance15

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 10:56 am by szanne7000

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 10:54 am by szanne7000

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 10:49 am by szanne7000

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 10:39 am by szanne7000

» Autumn Siggies 2017
Today at 10:37 am by szanne7000

» Can someone help?
Today at 10:35 am by szanne7000

» Ivy's Finds updated 24 June 18
Today at 10:33 am by szanne7000

» KittyKookay's creations *Updated 23/06/2018
Today at 10:28 am by Lorry

» Question about updates w/multiple games
Today at 10:27 am by szanne7000

» 'what are you watching on' Hulu or Netflix
Today at 9:40 am by szanne7000

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Today at 9:39 am by szanne7000

» How long have you been playing the sims?
Today at 9:38 am by szanne7000

» Look weird...
Today at 7:16 am by Broomhilda

» Hey ya'll
Yesterday at 2:47 pm by tilly

If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Favorite Rooms To Decorate

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mayetra

PostMayetra on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:45 am

I guess the living room, kids (any age) rooms and hobby rooms.  

I am player first so the challenge is to make things functional without route failures and such. 

I also like incorporating hobby items (sewing machine, etc), OFB items (the crafting stations), Aspiration and Career rewards into my houses.  Anyone can make a basement and stick all the stuff down in there, but it's a bigger challenge to make it part of the story and working it into the house itself.  I have a lot of additional functional items that I use as well, like the pottery wheel for kids and stuff.  I like building secret rooms and stuff as well. 

Sometimes I use the hobby selector and give the sims a hobby/interest based on story. Then I decorate their bedroom or a room in the house - a sewing room, a library, or an art studio.  I had one teenager who had a band so I decorated the garage with a bunch of instruments.

I play with longer seasons (30 sims days for each season) and my sims have longer life spans, so I play through holidays.  Spring - I do a Valentine's day and I have the Easter Mod which lets the Easter Bunny visit.  Summer - I do a 4th of July/Founder's Day type celebration with cookouts, Fall - I do a Halloween holiday - I have a party and everyone dressed up.  There is a costume contest (I roll the dice) and I give out a prize to an adult and a kid.  All the kids get a toy.  I have the pumpkin carving station.  Basically, they just run around and have fun.  I do a Thanksgiving/Harvest Holiday.  Winter- I do a Christmas type holiday with Santa.  I decorate for every holiday (being a slow simmer and having extended years makes it work).  I just keep the stuff in one of the adult's inventory, when they become an elder, they "hand down" the deco, passing on the traditions.  I play with generational households, so one "heir" always stays in the house.

The things I really need to work on are non-holiday clutter and breaking out of my color palettes. I've gotten to where I roll to figure out a sim's favorite color and use a color wheel to decorate the room using complimentary or other combo.  It's soooo hard because I'm having to learn to make colors I don't personally care about look nice.

I have a few personal challenges I'm going to work on - The Addams Family House and the Clue Mansion.

Cupcakes are just muffins who believed in miracles.  Be the muffin!
szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:38 am

That sounds really cool, May...

...rolling dice to randomize your game play :D

...real dice or computer dice?

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Mayetra

PostMayetra on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:18 am

I'm an old school table-top gamer - both as a player and a dungeon master - so I have what are called "dragon dice" set.  Dragon or Dungeon Dice for those that don't know come in a standard 6 dice set. Each die as a different number of sides - 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 20. I make my own little charts for all sorts of things and roll.  As I have many sets of dice (I have an old school pencil box full of dice) so I can use 2 ten sided dice to make percentile rolls.

I just like the feel of the dice in my hands and the sound they make when they roll across my desk.

Tee3cubed

PostTee3cubed on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:15 pm

You ladies will get a kick out of this:  I have actually laid out rooms completely furnished, then built the rooms around them and added my (LIMITED) clutter!  I hate it when I have a house but this room is too small to hold the bed I want to use, etc.  My favorites are bedrooms and living or great rooms.  I struggle with kitchen designing, and I am at a loss with bathrooms and landscaping.  The design in my mind never really matches what I can accomplish in the game!  And I hate clutter!  I'm OCD to a fault in my own life - a place for everything and everything in its place.  So my games tend to follow that rule too.  and for some reason, my families never seem to have children either.  Guess they followed my lead with wanting to send my own kids to boarding school when they were little!  If I could have afforded that.......
                              hugss
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:32 am

May - I wondered if you had those dice at your beck and call - my youngest son played Dungeons & Dragons - Ben still has all 3 of his sets (sparkly pink, red, and sky blue) :D That is so cool!

Joan - I've done that! :D

...although, if you look through my portfolio, you'll see that I love clutter! LOL <3

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 am

My daughter as the 6 sided dice and I took them lol..when she left her stuff behind..she hasn't missed them at all hehe..but will tell her soon that I did take them..I have never used them yet..just not sure how..and then I have the computer dice as well and not sure how to use that even more lol...

I think on my birthday next month I am going to hide out and just play the game..I so miss it..and may even try and use the dice..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

Tee3cubed

PostTee3cubed on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Szanne - I have looked through all the portfolio and the things I see there are absolutely stunning. I admire the talent everyone has. I just wish all of it was available as downloads.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Joan - oh, I'm so happy to hear that!

...a lot is available for download - check in the TS4 lots for Resident Artists and the same area under Member Gifts <3

Sam - just roll the dice, lol :D

maggiepale

Postmaggiepale on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:13 am

I love clutter!
And I especially enjoy decorating the kitchen and the beauty room/walk in closet.
Lubalu

PostLubalu on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:08 am

My favorite room to decorate is the bedroom, bathroom is a close second. I love doing suites
katinwonderland14

Postkatinwonderland14 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:01 am

My favorite is probably the living room. That's where my sims spend most of their time so it's kinda the focal point of the house. Lately the garden also!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:34 am

I was always weary of making gardens, but I have made a few in the meantime, and I must say I enjoy it.
I only throw together a lot of plants, very disorganized but that is wghat I like currently.
I must soon try to do a more formal garden.
simmyd!!

Postsimmyd!! on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm

The first thing i do is choose wall colors for all my rooms. Then I ususally start with the kitchen. summerB15
MiaR88

PostMiaR88 on Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 pm

I like the Scandinavian style. It looks so cozy and works great for small spaces :)
Mayetra

PostMayetra on Tue May 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Mia,

That is really cool. It is a style that you see a lot of people doing - at least I don't. Do you do the red siding on the the houses as well?

kreativeplumbob

Postkreativeplumbob on Fri May 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Kitchens, garages, and little pet areas, probably my favorites lol
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat May 19, 2018 8:21 am

Now this is an interesting answer, kreativplumbob.... garages especially. I have never created or decorated a garage, but it seems to be very popular. You must please show us some of your rooms.
And your little pet areas seems quite interesting too!
Coming to think of it, though I have the pack , I have played with the small pets yet, the cages look so big!! And that puts me off a little. Can one make it smaller like we can the dollhouse?
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon May 21, 2018 3:24 am

I don't know if you can shrink them, Anita - I haven't tried...

...they shrink. (the housing with the ramps and stuff for rodents)

...I don't know if that will affect gameplay, though <3

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon May 21, 2018 8:34 am

I will have to try that then, when I play again with a family with kids in it.
Thanks Suzanne. thanks1
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 pm

You are so welcome, Anita!

...I had my game open with the DOTY Pet Shop, so I was able to go look and try it right away, lol <3

tpeoples1

Posttpeoples1 on Tue May 22, 2018 4:07 pm

My favorite room(s) to decorate are all them because I love interior design, it is a passion and side hobby of mines. However, I enjoy decorating and designing children and toddler rooms the most. Imagination and creativity is limitless with kids room. I typically use colorful designs and backgrounds with tons of clutter items mix with functional toys and etc. I usually do theme base rooms for all my children and toddler rooms such as My Little Pony, Marvel, Hello Kitty, Toy Story, and etc.

However, I really enjoy designing and decorating the kitchen space as well. I use lots of clutter items to fill counter tops and shelves, along with all art and functional items to tie everything together. I like to design outdoor elements such as landscaping with flowers and plants, building front porches to bring more curve appeal to the home.

My overall style is more of a realistic approach, therefore I like to use items that appear more real to bring life into the space.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue May 22, 2018 9:26 pm

I'm very much into alpha cc, too, TPeoples :D

kiewtee

Postkiewtee on Sun May 27, 2018 9:48 am

Hahaha I feel you
ReyerB

PostReyerB on Sun May 27, 2018 3:47 pm

There isn’t really a room I favor, I just start searching for everything I’d like to place on a lot, place every piece of clutter and furniture I want randomly in a room and start distributing. Not very organized, but it works for me. I do like landscaping and garden decor...
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun May 27, 2018 4:20 pm

LOL, Barbara!

I do the massive cc drop into my builds, as well, heheheheehehh

...I figured out a long time ago that with so much cc, I'd better drop it onto the lot when I find it because I may not remember it's name later. :D

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum