Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Issue 2 of Bloom magazine is now out. Go and take a look!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Family Time
Today at 11:53 am by poppy100

» Hello there!
Today at 11:45 am by Samantha61

» Sim Fans UK Updates For 2017
Today at 11:33 am by poppy100

» helloooo
Today at 11:08 am by poppy100

» hello
Today at 11:05 am by poppy100

» Hello Again.
Today at 11:04 am by poppy100

» hello
Today at 10:22 am by Lorry

» How do you stage a picture for a picture
Today at 5:32 am by Samantha61

» Atlanta,GA
Today at 4:16 am by Easter01

» Merging
Today at 2:39 am by slewis6723

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 2:36 am by slewis6723

» How Realistic Do You Want It?
Today at 2:16 am by Samantha61

» WCIF This Window??
Today at 12:31 am by Lorry

» Solved - thanks Connie, Who made these?
Today at 12:20 am by tilly

» How Did You Discover The Sims?
Yesterday at 11:59 pm by Lorry

Whats new?

TS4: Beach Kids-room by Anidup

TS4: Nautical rugs by Anidup

TS4: Nautical Posters by Anidup

TS4: Vertical Paintings by Anidup

TS4: Square Paintings by Anidup

TS3: Cactus Cushion RC by Poppy100

TS3: Teenagers box recolours by Poppy100

TS3: Light panel and cabinet by Poppy100

TS4: Dinner with Anita by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Poppy by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Suzanne by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Sam by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Lorry by Chicklet

TS4: Dinner with Tilly by Chicklet

TS4: Clock Conversion part three by Anidup

TS4: Clock Conversion part two by Anidup

TS4: Clock Conversion by Anidup

TS4: Louvre door recolours by Anidup

TS4: Simply Styling sideboard by Oldbox

TS4: TS3 conversion of Louvered doors by Chicklet

TS4: Cyclonesue chimneys by Chicklet

TS4: Rug Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Wicker Chair Conversion by Anidup

TS4: House by Oldbox

Hobbies and Interests? Collections?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

calisamba

Postcalisamba on Sat May 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Besides playing The Sims, what other things do you enjoy doing?

I'm a big reader.  I love stories so also enjoy watching TV and movies.  I consider song and dance forms of storytelling so also enjoy listening to music and watching TV shows such as The Voice and So You Think You Can Dance.  Of course, games like The Sims also provide a way to tell stories!  I used to write and draw when I was younger.  I even wrote a play in the 5th grade that was performed in front of the class.  Interestingly I was also producer, director, casting director, and prop manager for the play!

I also enjoy learning.  I'm an academic librarian by profession and went into that field because I get to help others find information on a number of different topics.  I've learned quite a bit about engineering, physical therapy, criminal justice, psychology, and other subjects in my 24 years working at a university.

I collect items depicting cats - sculptures, figurines, stuffed animals, wall art, mugs, snow globes, purses, linens, etc.  The list could go on and on!

In addition to video games, I like to play board and card games.  Mainly at my dining room table but also online.

I'm trying to be less sedentary and add more outdoorsy activities to my daily life.

My biggest enjoyment, however, comes from spending time with family and friends.  I enjoyed learning about my grandparents and parents lives especially as they grew up.

What do you enjoy?
szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Tue May 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Calisamba :D

I read (usually a LOT).

My youngest son and I watch late night comedy from the night before in the late morning... action movies, and a lot of shows that make you think (police procedurals, Scandal, Madame Secretary, stuff like that), jacuzzi as often as possible... Read (I do believe I mentioned that), oh yeah, Read, LOL.

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu May 25, 2017 2:06 am

Calisamba - What a wonderful thread you started! It was awesome to learn more about you and your interests and it's a fantastic way to get to know all our wonderful members, so TYSM for starting it!

LOL Suzanne! That made me laugh ... so ummm, I guess you read, huh? :P

Ok let's see .... I don't ever watch TV (unless I'm sick in bed, then it's usually netflix or hulu.) I love comedies, nothing at all that makes my heart race! YIKES! No suspense or intrigue, nothing with killings, and nothing that's too realistic .... I don't like drama in any way shape or form. When I want to be entertained I want to laugh! I don't watch sports, unless it's baseball or softball in RL.

I spend 80% of my free time, at my PC for entertainment. I shop online, I read the newspaper online, I do a bunch of just surfing around for anything and everything.

I love to read too, but I go thru phases tho, sometimes I'm addicted to reading for months and months and months and want nothing to do with sitting at my desk and just curl up on the couch or on my bed to read all evening.

Then, like now, I'm heavily tuned into my creative side. So, creating is very relaxing for me, and brings me joy, it's what I like to do.

I've a very creative person by genetics. My parents are (or were, not so much anymore) very creative. My mom was an excellent seamstress and made a good portion of my clothing when I was growing up so I could wear things nobody else had and she made all of my homecoming & prom gowns and also my wedding dress and all the bridesmaid dresses. My dad can build anything out of wood and my mom and dad both used to use the scroll saw to cut out decorative wood so me and my mom could paint them.

I used to toll paint,  and took several classes years ago. I can crochet & cross stitch but can't knit or embroider tho. I can sew very basic things like jammy pants, pillows, curtains, place mats, etc. I used to make my own scrubs to wear to work. But, I am no where near as good as my mom is. And, funny thing is, when I was growing up I had no desire to learn how to sew, I think I made a pillow once. But as I moved out on my own I wanted to learn, so I sort of taught myself.

I am my own worst critic so if something is not perfect, I usually get upset and set it aside (ok, sometimes it's really ... wad it up and toss it into the corner outta my site!) and then come back to it again, and it's funny because then all of a sudden it doesn't look so bad after all! LOL

I love to craft tho, and I am that person who will not pay for something I myself could make for a fraction of the cost! I'm el cheapo! I want nice things, I just don't want to pay a lot for it.

I constantly go to the thrift shops and garage sales to find things I can refurbish with paint, or recovering a chair cushion.

This past xmas, what started out as me going to make a few personal gifts for my girls, turned into me making every body something personal and homemade .... and I gotta say, I actually impressed myself too! I will show you some pics of things I made this year.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat May 27, 2017 11:40 am

So, TJ...

...you're, ummm... Creative?

LOLOLOL...hehehehehe... giggle <3

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat May 27, 2017 11:53 am

LOL, Suzanne!
Apart from the sims and what goes with it, you will find me reading. I am like TJ in that regard, when I am on a reading spree, that is all I want to do. Curl up with simba chips and the book(s).
When we were at the beach in April (8 days I think) I read 10 books!!!!

I suffer a little with my eyesight lately and cannot do cross stitch anymore, but I loved to do that when I still could, as well as embroidery.
I can sew, but not very fond of it.

I love to do decoupage! When that bug tickles me I go out on a buying spree and keep myself busy for weekends on end!

Then I am still busy with the finishing off of the dolls house I am building. The building of the house is actually done, it is the decorating that needs to be done. I have to import most of the stuff I need, and that can get very expensive. So I can only do that maybe once a year.

I love to knit, though due to osteoarthritis, can only do so for short whiles. When my children were younger I would knit close to 20 jerseys per season. Not anymore though, barely one gets done.

One thing/place I do not like, is to cook and my kitchen. I am bad with food..... love to eat it though, but not preparing it. My poor family suffer the consequences!

Then lastly I am extremely fond of playing with my grandchildren!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat May 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Before I found the Sims games..all I did was read and go dancing..I loved to Country dance..when I was a kid I used to draw..mostly horses..some other animals and mountains and things like that..
Now all I do is Sims..and watch tv mostly for noise..my favorite movies are: Harry Potter, Twilight, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Avatar, The Hunger Games..and things like that..I also love to watch HGTV..fixing and decorating homes..I wish I could do that in my game lol..I love Survivor..so while I am on here or playing the game..I watch tv..
I try to spend time with the kids and grandkids..but they usually just come and go since 4 of them live 2 floors above me lol..the others I don't see much..and I miss them..
But my life revolves around the Sims2..and that drives the kids nuts..because all I talk about is Sims2 and CBS giggle and all the people on here..I think John tunes me out lol..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun May 28, 2017 1:25 am

I love to cook, as well... Ben does all the prep work for me, as my hands cannot do that anymore. Cooking is fun. Funny thing, though... when I do cook, I don't eat as much! lol

Sam - I totally drive my sons nuts talking about sims - I totally relate <3

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun May 28, 2017 2:17 am

lol that's funny Suzanne..

I used to love to cook..I grew up with cooks in the family so was taught at a very young age..I did all my cooking from scratch..now I cook either microwave or box or can lol..I hate cooking anymore..and then when I do cook I cook for a week..so all I do it pop it in the microwave or eat it cold..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sun May 28, 2017 11:31 am

Sims is a big interest when I love to decorate houses. I like to read Nora Robert and Danielle Steel are two of my favorite writers I solve a lot of crosswords (the Swedish variant with pictures), I watch TV, it's the most series and athletics. I do not collect anything special right now but I have one Collection of miniature houses.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon May 29, 2017 6:41 am

I like Nora Roberts, too, Marie...

I also like David Weber, Johanna Lindsey, Tom Clancy, and a whole lot of other authors, lol...

...did I mention I like to read?

rofl301

poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Mon May 29, 2017 4:17 pm

link

Every week there is a very nice progama on the TV
I look forward to it, "" stuff that is thrown away, takes mary "and something is made of it.
Today, I find this dinner table very beautiful
The beginning was just an old bicycle. Fantastic
It would be a nice idea to process it in the sims

_________     _________ _________   _________   

I just looked at the site of this table, but they made beautiful things.
          So I find this writing table SUPER!!! bravo

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Mon May 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Omgosh poppy those look like they came off of what's that show called..Flea Market Flips..people find things then take them and remake them over..I watch that show all the time..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon May 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Wow, this is very interesting!
Will make great cc for the sims as well.
poppy100
Resident Artist

Postpoppy100 on Mon May 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Oh you love it too. Sam!
It's so interesting to see.
I thought I'd bring myself there
Maybe they can do something about it. ... hahaha.. 

Anidup, that would be a great   sweetdance

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue May 30, 2017 12:11 am

Definitely cool, Anneke :D

Ladydj

PostLadydj on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:33 am

Hey y'all! I love watching hgtv shows, especially the home improvement shows, like the one with the hunkie twins, Jon and Drew Scott. I enjoy taking a walk on the beach or in my neighborhood with my little grandson. Reading has been a great passion of mine every since I was a small child. So I spend a lot of time reading. And I love meeting new folks like you guys and hear about you and your lives and whatever floats your boat! I love SIMS 4 and have been simming for about 2 years. I'm new to this site and I'm glad to be here.
Ladydj

PostLadydj on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:36 am

Anne's those tables are so amazing! I love them! Thanks for sharing!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:47 am

Ladydj..are you watching Brother v Brother right now..I am..and they are a hunk lol..specialy Jonathan...

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:58 am

My understanding is Property Brothers just started their new season...

...as soon as I have some time, I'm going to catch up! <3

(I love shows like that, too :D )

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:12 am

I can't remember..they all blend together for me..it don't matter what season it is I watch all their reruns and everything lol..
but the Brother vs Brother is where each of them place a bet on each other..each week..and the one that loses has to do something crazy lol..then they bring in a couple of other HGTV hosts and they look at the rooms that were done for that week..and without knowing who's house is how's tells them which one won..this week Drew won..now for some reason Drew wins the weekly challenges but the over all one has been Johnathan lol..it's on Wednesday nights at 8 Central..on HGTV..oh and they are in Galveston, TX on the coast lol

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
poppy100
Resident Artist

Postpoppy100 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:35 am

Ooh, I also look at Sam but then, in the Dutch version
Sometimes they make as much of a mess as I can do  thlol

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:39 am

Your funny.. giggle

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:45 am

What a lovely thread! Its been really interesting to read about hobbies, pastimes and interests!
Then I thought, what do I do?
Well, my work, on all levels, is my passion. I'm a psychotherapist, so I spent a lot of time reading updated theories and clinical research, with my particular interest in Trauma and Neuroscience. I don't read books very often, but I love my kindle, lol.
I'm also an artist and paint on canvas. I love the smell of oil paints! I don't paint pretty stuff, I throw a lot of paint about, drip, pour, scrape and so on. I used to exhibit regularly, but now I just sell stuff in one or two art galleries. I have a studio at the side of my house, so its a really good way to relax, especially with the nature of my work.
I don't watch much TV, but I do love a good period drama or other kinds of drama. I like documentaries, and stuff like Jeremy Kyle, lol. And I love music, of most kinds, but particularly artists like Sia and Goldfrapp, to name a few!
I'm also an internet junkie, I do everything online from grocery shopping to reading online! I spend hours on my PC.
I like living in rural England, its a town, so quite busy, but nature is all around. I love that.
And Sims...I've been addicted to building for sims 2 for over 10 years and now its Sims 4! smile201
poppy100
Resident Artist

Postpoppy100 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:08 am

Tilly, you forgot something to write, giggle
                  ~~~~      That you are a great person and a great mother   ~~~~  

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:10 pm

Oh poppy that is so sweet of you to say that and it's true..

Omgosh tilly, I didn't realize you was so talented..you are one very busy lady..and then to have this site as well..a very amazing women..
Do we get to see your paintings..I would love to see them..and do your paintings sell very fast..I would hate to think you spent all that talent and they sit there for months..and I bet your paintings are very pretty lol..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum