Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 7:41 pm by patty3060

» Anidup's Album ** UPDATED 3 September 2017
Today at 7:16 pm by anidup

» Help please with SimPE
Today at 6:15 pm by Samantha61

» Spring Siggies 2017
Today at 6:00 pm by Samantha61

» {SOLVED}I have lost the link to MysticRain's Pillows and Echo's rugs
Today at 5:48 pm by Oldbox

» ALBUM UPDATE 22.09.2017
Today at 5:32 pm by sunkal

» Sims 4 CC finds
Today at 3:49 pm by EziosMinionSixx

» Lorry's Sims 4 Album *UPDATED 21st September,2017
Today at 3:46 pm by anidup

» All 4 Sims - Updates 2017
Today at 3:19 pm by anidup

» How Did You Discover The Sims?
Today at 3:17 pm by anidup

» I love the community!
Today at 3:03 pm by trintrin27

» New hereeeee!
Today at 3:02 pm by trintrin27

» hello everyone!
Today at 3:01 pm by trintrin27

» Hello!
Today at 3:00 pm by trintrin27

» I'm new
Today at 3:00 pm by trintrin27

Whats new?

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

Are We There Yet?

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:58 am

facepalm I can just see Ezekiel standing there posing with only his tennis shoes on!

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:02 am

rofl301

...except Lisa would get mad at me - this IS a family site! LOLOLOLOLOL

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:07 am

rofl301 I know......but does Ezekiel!!!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:17 am

lol...

...I'm not sure HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:29 am

rofl301 between the two of you I had a good laugh!!
I am very pleased though to find that you all went to lengths to get your men just perfect for the shoot!
Initially I thought it would put some off and make the decorating of the room more difficult, but it seems to me now I am giving you all a lot of fun moments!
I am looking forward to meet Ezekiel......
And...... not fair that Lorry could have a sneak peek!! laughloud
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:04 am

Lmao Anita I think Suzanne was feeling the pressure of my nagging swear

She had to give me a sneak peak so I would believe she WAS actually working on her B.A.D. entry!

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:10 am

She better hurry up and dress that man so we can all have a look at him!! rofl301
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:28 am

Oh my gosh Suzanne didn't show me Ezekiel with no clothing on funny2

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:42 am

szanne7000 wrote:Yes!

...I just don't know what he's going to be wearing, yet... LOL

rofl301 was thinking about this post by Suzanne!!

But you made me laugh out loud and that is fun!!
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:19 am

lol Lisa will have your hide if you show us Ezekiel without clothing out. At least pixelate out the naughty bits.  thlol  whistle

A L O U E T T E glasses5
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:55 am

alouette wrote:lol Lisa will have your hide if you show us Ezekiel without clothing out. At least pixelate out the naughty bits.  thlol  whistle

ROFL Hilarious

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 pm

LOL!!!

Zeke has clothing on... I promise!

About the most you'll all be able to see him is in his bathing suit when I post pictures to the Day in the Life thread, heheheheeheh.

...when I made that original comment to Lorry, I hadn't brought him to virtual life yet!

...so, I really didn't know what he'd be wearing! rofl301

Isela

PostIsela on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Lol I get so frustrated the back and forth with 100s of clicks amuse me now.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:17 pm

giggle

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:11 am

I wish I could feel that way Krista........I am still not amused bored

My computer was disabled again yesterday when I tried to get something from Lumy Sims......I HATE Shorte.St
I wonder if these people have any idea what we have to go through.....but it's all about the money, right?

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:58 am

I don't think they care to be honest! I think it IS all about the money. I share because  .. well, I like to, and I KNOW how frustrating it is to go round in circles trying to get what you want.

Sometimes tho I think it's just a popularity game too "who has the most followers and likes!" I could care less about that crap. Do I want to have a thank you every now and then? Absolutely! There's a lot involved in creating, and making it available to the public. So a simple thank you goes a long way, plus the feedback helps to make you a better creator and more motivated!

But, I also want to share my things because it's possible that someone else might have been looking for something similar for their game too! And, besides, if I don't share it then I'm the only one seeing it (and my kids, who I'm sure are sick of me showing them stuff I create! LOL) and that's boring! LOL

But, I would NEVER put my stuff behind any type of money revenue service because the hassle of going thru that is ridiculous! If I needed money that bad, I'd find a legitimate way to make money online rather than off of some generous creator who made a mesh for another game and but "I" converted it, so it's my right now!

That's the WHOLE reason why now, in this day and age of simming, that creators don't want their meshes included!
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:28 am

The funny thing is TJ, I don't thank the ones that have put me and my computer through all this unnecessary crap! It just puts me in a bad mood swear

I pay to have no ads at TSR, and for all the years I have been a member there, I have always thanked the creator because if it wasn't for them, I would have nothing in my game. I remember seeing a hair or something at TSR that was downloaded something like 150,000 times with 10 thank yous.....not nice!
Only last week a high profile creator sent me a message saying.......you always say thank you! I was blown away that anyone had even noticed.

I would pay for your creations TJ, because you are so good at what you do bigsmile

Tien

PostTien on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:11 am

I use a lot of adblockers and addons to go ro around all those annoying adfly things ;) ... Sometimes you have to look very hard to find things that work and update them regulary but it's worth it over the waiting and stupid advertisements ...
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:24 am

I get why they want to get paid for the work. Aside from the cost of maintaining a webpage it would be nice to be able to create content and make a living at it. Flip side, most of these people like TJ said didn't actually make the items they are selling. To make matters worse some of the time they do not get permission from the creator. I especially do not like their method of trying to get money for the items. Using shady service like adfly... and don't get me started on short.st or whatever it is called, layering said shady ad-sites, and dividing content that should be together just to make you go through it more.

To go off-road on this topic...
I would love a site similar to TSR that would offer pretty much the same kind of service but charge a little more and actually compensate the artists who get featured. That way everyone is happy. Site pays for the space and makes the money back in their monthly fee, people would have a safe low cost ad-free place to download, and featured artists can get paid for their work. I keep saying featured because paying anybody who uploads would be a recipe for disaster. However, if you are featured by meeting certain requirements you can earn money by legitimate work. Example, a featured artist would have to be verified making custom content and not stealing, quality of work, and # of downloads/ratings. I think a site like that would draw quality creators and inspire people to be creators. I would totally pay 10.00 to 15.00 a month for a site like that.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:08 am

Sigh... again, Lorry?

I wish you'd send me that link that sent you there... I'd like to take a look at it.

I agree with TJ - we talked extensively about this the other day... people are greedy and lazy and shady...

...I'm just very happy that there are creators like TJ who don't play those games <3

Melisa - I'd do it, too... I'd like to think there would still be the ability for those who couldn't afford that fee to still be able to download creations... Sort of like how TSR does it now.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:31 pm

As far as I know the featured artists do get paid for their cc. They have to provided cc constantly, and then upon release of the set they get quite a nice sum of money!
Learnt this from a good friend of mine who has her stuff up at TSR.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm happy that they can make money from their efforts there (at TSR)...

...Does your friend still need to work another job? Or, does this take care of her?

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:24 pm

It takes care of her! Is it not wonderful!
Wish I could be as good as that!
Would absolutely love it to work from home
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Wow! That's pretty darn awesome! I had heard they got paid for being a featured artist, but didn't know it was enough to not need to work tho!

But, I know people who play Second Life that create for that game and sell their stuff and that's what they do for a living.

I have a little Second Life marketplace store too, but I've never made that kind of money before! On average I make maybe $40-$50 USD a month off it. But I save it all up till xmas and then they put it on my paypal debit card.

But last year before I bought my house, I had saved all my Second Life money up a year before and had made almost $4000 and so I used that to buy stuff for my RL house!
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:35 pm

I wish I could do stuff like that but not very good at self teaching myself when it comes to electronics programs.

I plan to go back to school and take classes. I think once I get over the hurdle of learning the basics I'll be fine. My intent is to work for a company that makes games like EA or Bethesda and do mods like this on the side. I could do this stuff all day and would not feel like work, lol.

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum