Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Scandi Crush, our summer download theme is now open. Take a look in our artists category!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Tillys fur babies
Today at 9:16 am by szanne7000

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 9:15 am by szanne7000

» Just A Few More WCIFs.
Today at 8:44 am by Focalor

» PimPE and hidden pictures/objects
Today at 7:02 am by szanne7000

» Purging, Merging, and Crashing, Oh My!!
Today at 5:42 am by Samantha61

» hiiini am new here
Today at 1:48 am by szanne7000

» Hiya!
Today at 1:44 am by szanne7000

» Hi all!
Today at 1:43 am by szanne7000

» Sitting Set for sims3 asked
Today at 1:39 am by szanne7000

» How to find our downloads!
Today at 1:37 am by szanne7000

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 1:35 am by szanne7000

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 1:33 am by szanne7000

» Word association
Today at 1:32 am by szanne7000

» Sims 4 natanec Wicker Armchair
Today at 1:32 am by alouette

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 1:30 am by szanne7000

Whats new?

Scandi Crush Summer Theme

There's much more, so take a look!

TS4 Scandi Crush Living room by Chicklet

TS3 Recolours by Poppy

TS4 Scandi crush gallery by Oldbox

TS2 Scandi crush Sim by Maryann

TS4 Scandi crush rugs by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush bedroom by Chicklet

TS4 Scandi crush hallway by Anidup

TS4 Scandi crush summer house by Tilly

TS4 Scandi crush Kirkenes by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush paintings by Crissi

TS4 Scandi crush design gallery by Tilly

Are We There Yet?

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:08 pm

giggle
ROFL giggle3
rofl301

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
timmer_man2003

Posttimmer_man2003 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:07 pm

rofl301 rofl301 rofl301 oh szanne7000, that sounds just like me. 20 sites open at any given time.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:39 am

Ohhhhh we have another one! computersmi

jamirosado

Postjamirosado on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:04 am

feel the same!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:51 am

summerB6   oooh1  giggle

Last edited by szanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:13 am

Oh no the BLOOM junkies unite!

krimson146

Postkrimson146 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 pm

i usually use chrome extensions like tsr and skipper and safebrowse. or try using ad blocker
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:58 am

"...nevertheless, she persisted!"

...yeah, that's me when it comes to cc!

rofl301

Digne

PostDigne on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:20 pm

tilly wrote:I couldn't play the game without cc, no way!
I wouldn't pay for TSR either.....so I suffer those ads impatient ...

Me as well  danceG

This is again this Greed-Topic, you'll find all around in real life. >> It has to come to an end; imho.

:bubble:
socksoroosky

Postsocksoroosky on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:54 pm

one thing don't like is you find an item that you want and is available but the mesh isnt[/i]
socksoroosky

Postsocksoroosky on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:57 pm

another fustating thing is that artist show thierr work and it is beautiful but wont make it available for download
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Socks, have you looked on simscave? They've saved a lot of ts2 items from defunct ts2 sites...

...A veritable treasure trove of ts2 cc has been saved there :D

...also, try the Wayback Machine. If you can copy the url (even if it goes to an empty site), often the Wayback Machine may have the site cached...

...if so, and you can find the download link, you can often copy that url and paste it into a regular browser window and it will still work. People may have shut down their sites, but they never removed their downloads.

It is worth a try. :D

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 am

socksoroosky wrote: another fustating thing is that artist show thierr work and it is beautiful but wont make it available for download

I call a creator like this ....'Nah nah nah nah nah, I have it and you can't get it!'

I prefer they just keep it to themselves, don't want to see it giggle Fortunately there's not too many that do this.
mabie35

Postmabie35 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:54 am

Glad to see I am not the only one annoyed with all the annoying advertisements! But some cc is worth the annoyance others not so much@
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:43 am

What is just as annoying is the fact that they even ignore your very friendly compliments and the wcif request. swear
They are selfish.... plain and simple selfish.
This game is about sharing!
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:43 am

Ohhh Anita exactly!
I asked a very popular converter a WCIF about 2 weeks ago now, still nothing. impatient

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 am

I think this is probably this biggest complaint I see/hear about in the ts4 community... the lack of response and sharing.

I get if something is a personal conversion/recolor or a gift or due to the TOU of the original creator. I do.

I get if someone is behind in catching up with requests/inbox questions, etc.

I don't get the rudeness or completely ignoring someone.

Some of the most popular creators are super cool and nice. It may take them a long time to respond, but they do :D My hat is off to them <3

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:46 am

I'll use Simcredible as an example......
They have been around since Sims 1 (but have changed hands about 3 times)
They probably produce some of the absolute best quality content and yet they are the nicest people you could ever wish to meet......I love these girls, they are always so humble, oh and ask them a question.........nothing is too much trouble

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:14 am

That is so true,Lorry!
I am quite fond of them!

Suzanne, I have never been replied when I left a message with a wcif. Just my luck hey!
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:55 am

Well Anita they just don't know what they are missing out on.......they've lost their chance to know you, another super duper nicest person ever ever bighugs2

Crissi
Administrator
Total Awards : 6

PostCrissi on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:37 pm

Lorry wrote:Let me tell you, when you get a fully naked woman early in the morning while having breakfast and browsing your favourite Sims sites, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth  swear

You are so right Lorry .. with every word you had written ... I've just started dl new Sims content a few weeks ago .. and I am shocked
that it seams that there are no "normal" dl-links anymore. Adfly is kind of horrible - I've catch a virus while downloading (thankful that I am having
a good Antivirusprogram which discovered it). Apart from the fact that it really seams everyone needs to earn money .. thats a sad development! It sucks!

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:27 pm

The thing that irritates me the most, is that a lot of these creator's sites are blogs or tumbler, most of those are free for anybody to use. So, the ad-fly money isn't to help pay for costs of running their site and so many of them only do conversions, they don't even recolor things, so they're not their own creations or even doing mesh editing to warrant the ad-fly money to "pay for their time".

I always cringe whenever I am chasing down a mesh or see a new object I want and it's on a blog or tumbler, because I can almost bet that it will be an ad-fly link (or 2 ... or 3, sometimes I never can get to it, there's so many I give up) before I can get to the download page

Simple conversions (deco items, chairs, sofas, tables, dressers, shelves, paintings, etc) don't take any time to do, especially if they're TS3 items because they're mapped exactly the same as TS4 objects are so they're not having to go into blender and remap the object to work with the texture. More complex items such as kitchen cabinets, beds (unless it's just a frame to use with a TS4 mattresses) appliances, bathtubs, windows, doors, and candles are much harder and do take more time and knowledge to do to make them work in the game and not just be a deco item.

And, don't get me started about some of these conversions, I have seen so many conversions by creators (behind ad-fly) that the original creator clearly states not to convert they objects or do what you want but "keep it free" and don't hide it behind ad-fly, and yet they still convert these things, still put it behind ad-fly and still make money off of someone else's hard work!
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Crissi the one I dislike most is short.st, it has disabled my computer on quite a few occasions, which requires a re start. I get so mad angry As for the naked pictures, I wonder if these people realise what we have to go through to get to their download.
Maybe we need to start file sharing again! I am happy to send a file to anyone via email if I have it.
Like TJ says, this is not their content, they are either converting it or recolouring it.

TJ DITTO to everything you have said........it is so frustrating. These people are making money off the back of someone's hard work.

I cringe when I have to go to a certain site, the page is covered in ads, and when you try to get to the download link, the ad follows you......what a lot of crap.

And then you have a converter that offers downloads one piece at a time, rather than a set......every click brings up an ad. computersmi

Oh and I noticed someone is offering 'ad free' for a couple of dollars...WTF

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:13 am

Oh, I'm right there with all of your comments, ladies...

...and I'm with Lorry. If you think I might have it, just ask me via pm. If I do, well, you know my answer.

...I have the time and ability to go get things -- you can even send me links if you want.

I don't mind spending some time, once or twice a week doing that.

Anita - I've not run into that... May I assist in running down something for you? I guess the creators I've approached were nice. I'm sorry those you contacted were not. I really find that a terrible shame.

I really have gone it alone for so long before jumping all the way in here at cherryblossom that I really got used to figuring out how to find what I was looking for...

...I didn't even know what wcif stood for, for a really long time! lol

Seriously... the community these days is all over the place. I find it a strange place and am really happy when I find cool people there. (You are all wonderful in here <3)

So, if I can help, I will. Just ask <3

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:36 am

Suzanne: you were indeed my last hope..... but maybe it will take her awhile to reply. I will keep looking though.
And you are sooo kind with your willingness to assist us!
loveflower

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum