Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Help please with SimPE
Today at 12:45 pm by Samantha61

» Broken Links
Today at 12:07 pm by Samantha61

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 12:01 pm by Samantha61

» A challenge for the Designers
Today at 11:41 am by Samantha61

» Sims 2 stuff
Today at 11:30 am by Samantha61

» Design on a Dime II - A Modern Living Room **New Challenge**
Today at 11:26 am by patty3060

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 11:12 am by IvyRose

» Misadventures In NeverView
Today at 10:16 am by anidup

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 10:00 am by anidup

» new items
Today at 9:52 am by Samantha61

» Hello again and need help
Today at 9:50 am by Samantha61

» For All The CC Downaholics
Today at 9:37 am by anidup

» A New Day
Today at 9:35 am by anidup

» Hello All!!
Today at 9:02 am by StarlitTigress

» How long have you been playing the sims?
Today at 8:45 am by sim4forever

Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

Are We There Yet?

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:43 am

Suzanne - You Rock!
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Lorry wrote:Lol I know what you mean Alouette.....maybe we should take it in turns downloading from these sites then share it between ourselves  giggle

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but seeing your post I couldn't help but laugh. I have had thoughts like that sharing cc with friends to reduce the annoyance of mediafire and adfly.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:03 pm

I don't know how many of you remember Simbella's
You could only get their files via email......no ads there

darksyngr I am quite surprised how many have responded to this thread, clearly there's a lot of people getting fed up with the amount of ads, and it seems to be getting worse

Last edited by Lorry on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:00 pm

I'm one of those that don't go to places like TSR unless there is a link to a certain thing that has to be downloaded..
I'm not sure about all the Sims sites and who has what ads but what I hate is places like Photobucket and tinypic I haven't been in my Photobucket in quiet a while and tinypic I don't use very often anymore now I use Servimg.com..no ads..

I love just reading all the angry and swear thlol on here..it's funny in a way..and in others I find things very informative on what sites not to go on lol..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:33 am

Lorry, I think because almost everyone does it and while it was annoying as all get out most of us understood the why so we sucked it up and dealt. Now I'm seeing more and more pop up with multiple layers of these harmful advertising sites... it's just getting stupid.

What I don't understand is why there aren't sites like ad.fly that don't threaten pc security. I would be far more receptive to a service that doesn't make me feel like I am living on the edge every time I click the link, lol.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:54 am

Yesterday I was shocked when I went to a site which I will name so that you all avoid it like the plague!
When I went to Enure Sims, my computer was overtaken with so many ads that at one point I thought I had a virus. For awhile I couldn't do a thing, it was like my pc was disabled. The only way I could exit everything, was by closing the site in my task bar and restarting my computer.

I promised myself I would never name a site, but this was unbelievable, and scared the living daylights out of me.......swear

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:58 am

Lorry, the same thing happened to me!!! I was quite upset, and though they had something I wanted, I decided it is definitely not worth all that trouble.
I wonder though if they realize the hassles they put us through, it is almost like tempting us with the content and then sticking their tongues out to say "You can't have it....wewe!"
Hate that.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:05 am

Ohhh seriously I was shaking, it scared the bajeebees out of me, and then I got so angry......LOL I thought this new world wide virus had got little old me giggle

The company my son works for was disabled with this virus, we had just been talking about just before I turned on my pc computersmi
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:40 am

swear That website... wow! omgtext 

The amount of junk you get. Please tell me why you would go through the trouble of creating all those meshes/recolors/etc, and then post them on a site like that which is next to impossible to access? If you want them for personal use don't post them online. Simple.  hmmm

A L O U E T T E glasses5
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:37 pm

That's the thing Alouette, they are making money from other creators hard work, by converting them to Sims 4 (in my case)
You will find that sites like MXIMS, whose meshes are amazing, there are no ads, you just go directly to the download.
My daughter argued with me, that these people have the ads to help pay for their website, and I get that, but it's the amount of advertising that is the issue

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:49 pm

Wow... that is crazy!

I'm so sorry you had that experience. It really is crazy.

Tell me what you were looking for and I'll see if I have it. You can send me a pic and the link via skype.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bighugs2  Anita!

I'll keep looking :D

Ben and I are cleaning up after the storm Trav and Mitchell left behind omgtext

...but I will get back to it and hope she sees the message summerB7

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:19 pm

LOL I actually did get the set....after my heartbeat evened out giggle
Thank you Suzanne for offering to help me though, next time I WILL ask you first.

I will never go there again, that's for sure.

Aww they have left now, in spite of the mess, it must be a little sad or perhaps it hasn't hit you yet!
My son will be here shortly, he's coming for lunch claphands1 summerB6
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:51 am

Ah Suzanne, may be it is a good thing that you are left with a small storm. It will keep you busy and may be keep you from over thinking that they have left!
But then I know you are a very strong and caring mother and your sons are all three geared for life!!
When you have everything sorted again, have a nice cuppa with us all here!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:37 am

I'm glad you get to have lunch with your son, Lorry <3

Yes, I will miss them - they do need to have their own space and lives, though :D

lol...

...Ben and I have been picking up here and there all day.

...we've left the bigger messes for tomorrow and Monday :D

...We did go into the jacuzzi tonight after a nice action movie and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine <3

I will miss the lively conversations.

I will NOT miss the messes  rofl301

socksoroosky

Postsocksoroosky on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:18 am

I agree with everybody. I search the sites to find wonderfull stuff fo my game. That half the fun. Don't tease me with your beutifull creations . And then don't make them available for donload. Also could those who do make them available for download could you please use a download site that works in America or that has not gone off line
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:54 pm

socksoroosky I don't like it either when they show something in a picture that no one else can get......I call it, showing off.

When I was playing Sims 2, I tested objects for one of the best creators, she would let me keep everything she thought was not good enough, I was so lucky.  Not once did I ever show any of these objects, because I knew everyone would want them, and I would never share them without this awesome creator's  approval.

In Sims 3, I was given a sculpture by someone I had assisted with one of her files she had lost.  I loved it so much, but I never put it in any of my pictures, because again, I knew everyone would want it!  

I think there's so many broken or dead links because Simmers move on.....I don't think it matters what country it's in.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Again, my opinion is if a creator has gone (at least two years) and their links are still up and attempts have been made at contact, I don't see an issue with converting and giving credit.

(including a line or so about being willing to remove if the creator ever requests that to be done).

Some creators turn over their work to other creators or archive sites when they leave. Others just leave.

I think it a shame that their work becomes lost.

So, if the intent is to share, not profit, AND to properly credit, I don't think it is wrong.

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:41 am

I wholeheartedly agree with your statements, Suzanne. 

The ones who bother me most are primarily the people who dangle it in front of your face and go "nah nah na na nah you can't have it" with their tongue sticking out. Obviously they know what they are doing because they are taking the time to decorate or stage in game, take photos and edit them (because let's face it, most of them are), and post it to their website with no intention of responding to requests regarding the cc.

A L O U E T T E glasses5
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:26 pm

Karma, Alouette...

What one puts out to the Universe - it comes back :D

Good, bad, or otherwise <3

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 am

You mean like the curiosity poster? ROFL

In truth I've stopped asking creators because I never ever get a response back about items they dangle in front of me. I just move on. Although, to be fair sometimes it isn't dangling so much as testing the market. A few items I've seen items show up later at as a future download.
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:08 am

Lorry wrote:Yesterday I was shocked when I went to a site which I will name so that you all avoid it like the plague!
When I went to Enure Sims, my computer was overtaken with so many ads that at one point I thought I had a virus.  For awhile I couldn't do a thing, it was like my pc was disabled.  The only way I could exit everything, was by closing the site in my task bar and restarting my computer.

I promised myself I would never name a site, but this was unbelievable, and scared the living daylights out of me.......swear  

i would also avoid Elfdor for the very same reason. I tried two different downloads to be sure because their items are pretty darn spiffy but the ad hosting they chose is insane aggressive. I see that name now and move on with longing.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:44 pm

thlol Melisa I did talk about that site.....just didn't say the name. That's the one where the ads follow you, it's a nightmare pull hair out

alice4112

Postalice4112 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:46 am

I paid to use tsr and am sick of adfly ads especially on leosims as I love their stuff
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:26 pm

I did try and get some male shoes the other day...

...completely circular (not adfly, something else).

...I literally couldn't download anything.

...I tried several different links for downloads to see if they were all the same.

...my 7th try, I got a notice that their downloading was temporarily suspended...

Good riddance. You all know me, I'll put up with a lot to get cc. This was beyond terrible :(

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Suzanne what shoes.....maybe I have them!

Alice I know, I know.........drives you nuts, every click and if you are trying to find a particular download, OMG NIGHTMARE

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum