Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area.  All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!    Check out the new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store. Bloom Magazine issue 3 is now out! 
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 20/10 2017"
Today at 7:52 pm by Tahoe

» All 4 Sims - Updates 2017
Today at 7:48 pm by poppy100

» Patty3060 Sims4 House 23/10/2017 Update
Today at 7:41 pm by patty3060

» October Hunt: Day Two
Today at 7:40 pm by poppy100

» B.A.D October: Vote for your winner!
Today at 7:27 pm by Tahoe

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 7:19 pm by Tahoe

» My garden
Today at 7:14 pm by Tahoe

» hi::::
Today at 7:06 pm by poppy100

» here's another question for you guys..
Today at 5:59 pm by laneyw

» For All The CC Downaholics
Today at 5:41 pm by laneyw

» Look some more of Ivy's favourite things
Today at 5:16 pm by anidup

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 4:48 pm by sunkal

» October Hunt: Day One
Today at 4:47 pm by LoWiSa

» Shiny Sims
Today at 4:34 pm by IvyRose

» Autumn Siggies 2017
Today at 4:31 pm by LoWiSa

Whats new?

TS2: Sam's peaceful place by Chicklet

TS4: Gold paintings by TaTschu

Autumn Bliss Downloads

TS4: Terracotta floors by Tilly

TS3: Autumn Spirit by Poppy100

TS4: Autumn wall quilts by Anidup

TS4: Barnham Broom by Tilly

TS4: Autumn leaves by Anidup

TS4: Canvas pictures by TaTschu

TS3: Fall signs by Poppy100

TS3: Fall Teaset by Poppy100

TS4: Fall House by Lorry

TS4: Autumn paintings by Chicklet

TS4: Autumn Entry by Chicklet

TS4: New Lot by Lorry

TS4 Floors by TaTschu

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Designer bathroom walls by TaTschu

Sims 4 Help ... Babies & Toddlers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Ok, I've been living under a rock for years. I have never ever, not once, had a pregnant sim, a baby, or children in any game version I've ever played! LOL, It just never interested me that much, I was more into the owning a business or careers to worry about it.

So, I decided that this weekend I'd update my game to get toddlers and buy the Parenthood pack and actually play instead of creating.

But I have questions for all your experts .....

How does this work? Do I need to get my sim pregnant have the baby and it will age up to toddler?

Or do I just create a toddler in CAS as part of the family?

And, if it ages up from baby, will the toddler look like a combination of mom & dad both?

Thanks for any help!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:42 pm

You can either "get" your sim lady pregnant, and she will carry the baby for three days until she goes into labour.
Then you can either have the baby at home (by clicking on the crib) or she can go to the hospital (if you have Get To Work).
The the baby stage is for about three days as well where after the baby grows into a toddler. The toddler stage is for 7 days I think, and then you have a child.

If you don't want her to get pregnant, you can adopt via the computer.

The genetics in the sims 4 is not that good. All babies look alike, and unless you change a little to the face and nose so do all the toddlers. But by tweaking in CAs (with the cheats activates and you type in cas.fulleditmode on). Then you can change the features a little.

Even with the drawback of the last part, it is really fun to have a toddler. I have not played at all since I got the Parenthood one installed, but also plan to do that this weekend.

I hope this helped.
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks perfect! TYSM! I think I'll do the whole pregnant thing since I've never experienced it and have her go to the hospital.

I watched a Youtube review of toddlers yesterday and they are soooo cute, I wanted to try it.

Then when I was searching for how to make over all my townies so my girl could fall in love with an attractive person, I came across a site that had absolutely gorgeous sims and she posted lots of pics (with poses, of course) of her couples and one had a little toddler that looked like dad, it was adorable!

So that just enhanced my need to want to try it even more. So today I've been on a D/L spree of toddler things in anticipation! LOL

Thank you so much Crissi for my beautiful signature! *hugs*
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:57 pm

I am sure you will enjoy it a lot!
The toddlers are indeed very cute!
elynmccoy

Postelynmccoy on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:01 pm

The toddlers are super cute, I just wish they'd update the babies too so they're not basically inanimate objects.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Yes, that would be great to be able to carry the baby around as well.
No good mother will leave their baby in a crib for that long!!!
koala1976

Postkoala1976 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:16 am

but i had a pronlem with babies in city living, once they are awake, even if they are not crying, All the naighbords come to complain
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:27 pm

Oh my that can be a glitch.... fortunately the babies grow up quite fast.
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:34 pm

LOL Koala! That made me giggle picturing a very loud, unhappy, squawking baby in RL that was so loud it was disturbing the neighbors!

fatimasgdp

Postfatimasgdp on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 am

AI LO QUE MAS ME GUSTTA ES CREAR DORMITORIOS DE BEBE SN LOS NIÑOS EL JUEGO NO MOLA TANTO

Translation:
THE MOST LIKE I LIKE TO CREATE BABY BEDROOMS SN THE CHILDREN THE GAME IS NOT SPRING SO MUCH

Last edited by anidup on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Englsih text added.)
Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Does anyone know, how to meet other toddlers to have a toddler party?
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:34 am

Not me, Avalanche. I still have yet to play with toddlers except for a very a brief test of them. But, maybe Anita or Nikki does, I thinks they may both play with them

gingersnap1976

Postgingersnap1976 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:36 pm

I haven't done yet but I think you it is an option for a social event (just like a wedding, dinner party, etc). You have to have a toddler and one parent at the party (I think) and then you invite all of their toddler friends. I think you have it either at your home or a park.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:04 pm

I was wondering the same thing. I was putting a 'hood together with lots of toddlers in it so I can have that party. I am really looking forward to it.
I thought it would be something like that.....might need Get Together for it to work though....
Will have a look and report unless someone else beet me to it...LOL
Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:49 pm

I solved the problem by creating a second family with toddlers, let them meet my main family and held the party afterwards. Sorry to say, but it wasn't worth the trouble.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Oh nooo, that is so disappointing to hear!
Things looked like so much fun on the video releases!
Then we were tricked again.
Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:34 pm

This was simply my impression Anita. Please see for yourself. It didn't meet my expectations, but maybe others.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:53 pm

I have created a few families with children of different ages to see how a 'hood will interact without having houses filled with either old people or ghosts.
Still have a few to go and then I will try out the interactions with the toddlers.
I will keep an open mind.....
Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 pm

I do not have Parenthood, so cannot say how the interactions are with that pack. Let me say though, in order to have your toddler max out skills, it takes longer than 7 days. I usually will turn aging off once the baby has grown to toddler, so that I can spend the time necessary for the toddler to max out skills. Then when I am ready for the toddler to age up, I bake a cake, add candles, while you have the toddler selected as the active sim, click on the cake and choose Make a Wish or age up. Of course, if you want to throw a party, make those arrangements before selecting make a wish or age up.

In addition, since the baby does nothing but eat, sleep and cry, usually one it has reached friendship status with both parents, I usually go ahead and age it up to a toddler. Just sayin', my patience doesn't extend to useless time changing diapers and losing sleep, LOL.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:21 am

Thank you for your insight, Debbie :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:49 am

Debbie, I do the same with the babies. They are not pretty, the one looks like the other, you can not change anything on them and no creative actions are available. I wait a day and age them up or as soon as the buff they have received is about to run out.
You can make the life span longer in your game settings. Then, I think the toddlers have 10 days. I like to use that one, since the child phase is also a little longer, and you can have them achieve better grades and allow them time to play and have fun as well.
The teens can have a part time job, without having their grades go down the drain.....

I have started a new gamesave where I create (still busy with that) new families for all the houses I want in the hood. I am tired of old people about to die and leaving their ghosts behind. I want a live 'hood filled with young people.
And then I will pick and choose which family to play, depending on what happened in the 'hood. I am actually kind of looking forward to start with that.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum