Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Spring Siggies 2017
Today at 4:46 pm by Crissi

» Hey there!
Today at 3:57 pm by dang

» Patty3060 Sims4 House 21/09/2017 Update
Today at 3:18 pm by sunkal

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 2:06 pm by sim4forever

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 12:48 pm by sunkal

» September Hunt: Winners
Today at 12:28 pm by Easter01

» Design on a Dime II - A Modern Living Room **New Challenge**
Today at 12:27 pm by szanne7000

» Hello new here
Today at 12:20 pm by Easter01

» hi ^-^
Today at 12:19 pm by Easter01

» Lorry's Sims 4 Album *UPDATED 21st September,2017
Today at 11:05 am by sunkal

» B.A.C. September: Questions and Comments
Today at 10:35 am by poppy100

» Hi!!!!
Today at 10:19 am by Lorry

» szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated September 12, 2017
Today at 9:26 am by szanne7000

» The "ing" game: (New game!)
Today at 9:18 am by szanne7000

» T's Album
Today at 9:15 am by szanne7000

Whats new?

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Poster RC's by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:49 am

I find this topic very interesting.......

I would love to know how BIG your in game Mods folder is? And how long does it takes to load?

For those that are unsure how to get your Mods folder size, right click on your in game Mods folder, scroll down to the Properties, click and check out the size on disk.

My Mods folder is 5.85GB (still too big for my liking), 4,753 Files with 40 folders

Looking forward to seeing how big your Mod folder is  computersmi

Last edited by Lorry on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:18 am

LOL...

Okay, here are two pictures of my current games... I switch between them, depending on what I'm doing :D

Smaller one first -- 24.6gb, then my "Big" one --57.7gb   <3 bigsmile

The file count looks small, because the majority of my files are merged  summerB7

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
kelouisa

Postkelouisa on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:22 am

Woah!  I was concerned about having 3.95gb?!? thlol
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:22 am

rofl301 Your small folder is still near on 5 times bigger than mine......and I have been trying to take stuff out of mine because I thought it was too big!

How long does it take to load?

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:24 am

kelouisa I think we posted at the same time, so I missed your post.

I'm with you tschak

The thing is, I wonder how much content I have missed

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:34 am

LOL! This is too funny! I just went on a major D/L'ing spree last night and today, just got done putting all the stuff in my Mods folder and looked at the size and thought to myself "Well, might as well sit back and relax for awhile, this will probably take awhile!)

So, we'll see how long it takes to load .... I am sitting at 11.9 GB right now. But I almost never have that much because typically I don't have any CAS stuff in there at all because I normally don't "play" I just decorate and take pics of my creations, but I felt like playing this weekend, so yeah .... Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho Off to shop for CC I go! LOL
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:50 am

Let's see...

The small game takes about 25 minutes to load.

The big game, about 1.5 hours :D

So, see? I'm a VERY happy camper these days!!! :D :D :D
I don't mind. When I had a 29gb game, that was taking about 2.5 hours to load! rofl301

kelouisa

Postkelouisa on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:07 am

Oh my!  I freak out and think I've broken my game if it takes more than 10 minutes to load!  I can't imagine waiting over an hour for it to load! ohno
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:22 am

Well I think I may hafta merge my CC. It look about 30 minutes. Then got to the main screen and it froze up on me, then my whole PC seemed to be locked up, I couldn't minimize or click anything else, had to use Task Mgr to end it.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:14 am

TJ - you added a lot of new cc - I'd suggest making sure you're updated (you most likely are), but go ahead and run the repair option.

Then, just start your game and go do something else. The game needs to add in all the new cc. It will generate new thumbs when you go into the various categories, but it does need to do some behind the scene stuff.

If it hasn't loaded in 45 minutes, you may have a weird piece or two of cc. Run the Mod Conflict Detector and see if it can identify the problem for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding my process for cc:

Step 1,  Mod Conflict Detector

If you know you don't have any conflicting cc currently, you can skip this step.

If you've been having issues, you should run this.

There is some cc that shows up as ts3 cc (a lot of meshes for recolors from TSR, like Mutske and Anumberswoman - it is okay) and items from the same creator in the same set - that is okay, as well.

I generally find some ts2 cc in there, that snuck in when I wasn't looking, lol.

Step 2. Get Bulk Rename Utility

Decide how you want to organize your cc!

I mainly organize by creator. For me, it makes it easier to keep current with cc updates. Because I have so much cc in my game, I almost always have the main meshes that everyone uses for recolors, so needing to do it by type is not necessary for me.

However, for some people, organizing by type is easier - especially when you need the mesh in order to use the recolors.

I did it this second way for my DOTY builds, as I was doing a lot of downloading just for a specific build. I have 9 folders called FightClub1 through FightClub9, lol :D

I do not rename script mods, weather, cloud, terrain, rock, lighting, or override mods.

When I do the bulk renaming, I remove:

!
@
#
$
%
&
(
)
-   dash
+
_   underscore
{
}
[
]
'   apostrophe
"  quotes
,  comma
foreign characters (I replace those with the closest English equivalents)
and check for extra  .   period

and, of course,  spaces!  Do not forget those :D

If anyone needs to know how to actually run the program, just let me know. Once you start using it, it is very easy to use.

Step 3. Get Sims4Studio

Link to their Tumblr and/or their website to keep up with updates to this program. They update S4S quite regularly and it is a useful program for a whole lot more than just merging cc, like batch file fixes for EA issues, like the mirror and lighting problems, etc.

Merging cc in S4S is also quite easy.

I suggest not merging more than 200 to 250 files at a time. I have pushed that to about 500 files. Note: that takes a really, really long time. Don't do it! LOL

Side Note: The game does not care how large a package file is. It cares how many of them there are.

This is why merging files reduces load time and lag time once the game is loaded.

The first time loading your game after merging files may take longer than subsequent loads, but you will be amazed at the reduction. Truly.

When I had 7gb in my first merged trial - it took about 3 minutes to load. I was literally bouncing in my seat :D

I am willing to skype with anyone who would like me to talk them through this process all the way through (from Mod Conflict Detector on).

I love having all my cc (well, not quite all of it, heheheheh) in my game.

The smaller game is quicker in changing categories and I am absolutely able to search in it; I have a piece or pieces of cc in the larger game that causes me an issue (I am unable to search in that game - the lady with 76gb is able to search in her game, so cc is the culprit. I just haven't had the time to locate it).

Last edited by szanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:27 am

Thanks for the awesome tips Suzanne! I don't have the Mod Conflict thingy. Most of the CC I put in was toddler stuff and kids bedrooms, and then CAS Stuff, but over half of that I already had in my game before but had removed.

I made a back up copy of my Mods folder and put it in a safe spot and I'm merging with Sims 4 Studio now.

I too keep my Mods folder organized by creator name because I remove those folders of creators who doesn't allow their meshes to be cloned with recolors just to save me headaches of re-finding the site or post or page to link to, and also so people don't need to go on a fishing trip trying to fetch the original mesh. When I'm creating I pull the "Not-Allowed" creator folders out so when I am in my game I know what I can use freely with credit and I never have CAS stuff in my game.

I'm Merging now so I'm hoping it all is ok! LOL
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:59 am

Check the new stuff you put in...

(your other cc should be fine)

Here's a link to the Mod Conflict Detector, just in case :D

http://modthesims.info/d/561550

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:10 am

TY TY TY! That will come in super handy! Gonna run it as soon as I download it
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:13 am

You are most welcome, TJ :D :D :D

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:44 am

Mine:

6.32GB
5492 files
673 folders

Takes about 5 minutes to load.

LOL, would have a heart attack i it took longer to load, if I have to wait one hour for it to load I will only be able to open the game over weekends, ROFL
skanning

Postskanning on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:56 am

24.1 GB    17,923 files  724 folders  =  50 min load time

Actually, I almost don't mind the load time.  While I wait, I really get more housework/laundry done when I know that it's a limited time I'm gonna be stuck doing it.  lol  Don't even ask  lol  vaccum:
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:08 am

Well, I am glad to know that one can have as much cc in the game.
Maybe I should shake off my discomfort with so much cc and try it out......
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:06 am

I've only had Sims 4 a couple of months really, and I already have 5.2GB in my Mods folder, 4,219 files and 88 folders. It takes about 5 minutes to load, and I'm like Anita, I couldn't deal with a 50 minute load time! swear
I do only have essential items in my mods folder though.....
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:44 am

I have a very large download folder.
13.7 GB
58,777 files
6,013 folders
My game takes an hour to load, but I do a lot of other things in the meantime.
I also have a download folder on a 3 GB USB, and there I have things that I have deleted or that may be good to have.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:14 am

Oh my gosh.......I can't speak!

Now I'm wondering what you all have in those folders

I have hair, clothing, shoes, furniture, windows, Wallpaper, shoes, Skins, Makeup, Jewellery,  PLANTS PLANTS and PLANTS and game modifications

My game takes just under 3 minutes to load, just enough time to update FarmVille or grab a summerB15

Marie and skanning WOW that is a long loading time.........LOL I used to do the housework in my Sims 2 days, it took about 30 minutes to load.
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:33 am

Most of mine are build items, wallpaper, floors, terrains, deco, plants and paintings, with some furniture for picture taking. I have nothing sim related as I don't actually play. I am obsessed with windows and doors and wallpaper, lol. I get very happy when I find something new, lol. And I guess I'm also painting obsessed as I make so many myself, lol, I must have made hundreds!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:59 am

:D

Okay - the main point about merging cc... if you want to export the lot with Sims 4 Tray Importer... with cc... it will export the merge files.

So, remember to NOT delete those folders of unmerged cc!

If you want to just have cc for a specific build, once you've built it, save that game, merged cc and all.

Pull out the merged cc files and replace them with the unmerged cc folders with their files and reload the game - just wait for it to load :D

Open the lot, save.

Exit, saving again :D

Then open Sims 4 Tray Importer and that lot and export with cc.

This way, just the regular package files for the lot should be pulled :D

I've had to do this myself, as I found this out... duh - the game considers the merged package file as one file, LOL :D

The things I don't think of and then find out later!!!  I found this out with my TOH build heheheheh

rofl301

skanning

Postskanning on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:14 am

I've stopped loading merged cc files because of all the patches/packs than can cause problems with just one of the items.  I'm not really that tech savvy.  I also stopped d/l entire suites (one of the reasons I like TSR so much - I can delete from the basket before I d/l).  Otherwise I've ended up with files upon files of cocktail table books, vases, and misc clutter that I don't even like and will never use ohno   I guess on this whole cc thing, the very thing I miss the most with S4...the handy trash can in the build/buy catalog and CAS where you could just drag an item to it and the game would delete.  How sweet that would be in S4...I can dream.   soapbox
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:34 am

I can't wait till I get Suzanne's computer..I wonder how much CC I can get into that and not have an hour or more to load..but my computer is slow anyway lol..

Now how do I find how much CC I have???

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:22 am

Sam right click on your in game Mods folder.......documents/ElectronicArts/TheSims2/Mods

Go to properties (right down the bottom) and the information will be there!

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum