Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! We have a winner in our October B.A.D Contest! Congratulations to Dang!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» November B.A.D: Comments and Questions.
Today at 5:12 pm by tilly

» Hello !
Today at 5:09 pm by tilly

» November B.A.D: Task and Entries
Today at 2:07 pm by Ranapeach

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 9:12 am by skanning

» Bea Album Update 15.11.2017
Today at 8:38 am by sunkal

» All 4 Sims - Updates 2017
Today at 5:56 am by TaTschu

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 3:41 am by Samantha61

» Hello
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by poppy100

» Helloo!
Yesterday at 10:02 pm by poppy100

» Hello!
Yesterday at 10:01 pm by poppy100

» Hello!
Yesterday at 10:00 pm by poppy100

» Hello!
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by poppy100

» Hiya!
Yesterday at 9:57 pm by poppy100

» Hellooooooo its me.....
Yesterday at 9:56 pm by poppy100

» Hello!
Yesterday at 9:54 pm by poppy100

Whats new?

TS4: London Life by Tilly

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

TS4: Wisteria RC's by Anidup

TS4: Wallpaper by TatSchu

TS4: Dining Set by Chicklet

TS4: House by Lorry

TS4: Wall art by Anidup

TS3: SIP Cabinets by Poppy

TS4: Living room by Chicklet

TS4: House by Lorry

TS4: Autumn crime house by Lovias

TS4: Autumn set by Anidup

TS3: Autumn set by Poppy

TS4: Floral pink wallpaper by TaTschu

TS2: Sam's peaceful place by Chicklet

TS4: Gold paintings by TaTschu

Autumn Bliss Downloads

TS4: Terracotta floors by Tilly

TS3: Autumn Spirit by Poppy100

TS4: Autumn wall quilts by Anidup

TS4: Barnham Broom by Tilly

TS4: Autumn leaves by Anidup

TS4: Canvas pictures by TaTschu

TS3: Fall signs by Poppy100

TS3: Fall Teaset by Poppy100

TS4: Fall House by Lorry

TS4: Autumn paintings by Chicklet

TS4: Autumn Entry by Chicklet

TS4: New Lot by Lorry

TS4 Floors by TaTschu

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dang

Postdang on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:25 am

Nice, Beatrice! Definitely going to tackle a folder with that now, and do some cleaning on the rest vaccum:

Samantha, LOL! That would sooo be the case for me, I'm guilty for that once already!
Samantha61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostSamantha61 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:31 am

thlol

I just checked mine..I only have 3.54 GB in my folder..but I got a new computer..and before that I had taken a lot of CC out of the downloads folder and had to do a factory restore..and been slowly getting everything back in there..here real sooon I will be going on a serious CC shopping spree from several places..lol..

I love playing Medieval, Rustic and Country all in one lol..but don't have any of my Medieval CC in here and I have a lot of that lol..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
dang

Postdang on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 am

I could sense my teenage-self jumping at the word 'Medieval' XD I was obsessed with anything medieval, but I do still love it, too.

And it's a good thing shopping is half the fun! We both have some catching up to do, it seems. giggle3
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:55 am

lol, Val :D

It is okay to have whatever you have (or don't) in your game...

...seriously, sometimes I think I just like to show (off) how much cc I can get into my game! rofl301

I do love cc, though... and really could not play my game without it <3

Sam, you are so funny, heheheheh... you are right, I always end up doing something LOL!

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
kelseywright

Postkelseywright on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:09 pm

CC and mods just make it that much more realistic!
catxzy

Postcatxzy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Currently I'm at about 9GB. I think the most I've ever had is about 15 -- I usually go through and delete 95% of it every few months though.
emmykinsey136

Postemmykinsey136 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:00 am

In total I have about 6,000 files and only 10.7KB so it only takes about 10 mins to load, but I'm so glad you guys sometimes wait over an hour!
Just wondering though, after about 10 mins I presume it's crashed so I do the whole Ctrl Shift Delete, and it tells me the game is not responding so I have to close it down. and I usually start removing some new files and searching for the one that's stopping it from running, is that common?
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:40 am

Emmy, if you are experiencing lengthy load times, I have a few questions...

1 - do you check your cc to make sure it is ts4? You can get the Mod Conflict Detector and check your cc with that... fyi, several of the creators from TSR have their cc show up as ts3 - I've not run into an issue with their cc as it seems to be something they forgot to check/uncheck when converting old sets.

Here is the link (followed by a picture): Mod Conflict Detector TS4

...if you are using a MAC, then you'll need to read/follow the link on this thread: Appletini - S4S for MAC

2 - do you put your new cc into a "New" or "Test"  subfolder in Mods? I suggest doing this when you add new cc because then you'll only need to check this folder if your game decides to have any issues. If you do this every time you add new cc to your game, your need to check/test cc will lessen :D

3 - do you merge your cc/how much cc do you have (folders/files)? I ask, as depending on what you do with your game, merging your cc will decrease your load time if you are like me (and a few others around here, lol) who love to download cc. You can right-click on your Mods folder and select properties - this will tell you how many folders and files are in your Mods folder so you can let me/us know.

If you are not uploading houses for people to download, merging will save you a lot of time down the road.

If you are interested in learning about how to merge cc for ts4, along with the associated applications for renaming and checking for duplicates, go the the Help Center and look under Tech Edge for those threads. I am more than happy to answer any questions. If I don't know, I'll find out :D

Mia.*

PostMia.* on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:46 am

11.7 GB! I'm pretty sure most of my CC is for houses(furniture, decor and things like that).
That folder contains a total of 6.979 items, I might have to do some cleaning soon.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:08 am

Cool, Mia :D

Merged or unmerged?

How long does it take your game to load?

(unofficial survey, lol)

Mia.*

PostMia.* on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:34 am

They're unmerged since it's easier for me clean out something if I don't like it.
Would you reccomend merging it? I've heard it improved gameplay for some people (less freeze and lag)
But then again as I said, I don't know how I would be able to remove something..
I've got all my mods separated into sub-folders, and I use tray importer to delete things.

I'd say it takes about 5-10 min. I have no problems in a building mode (since I spend most of the time in it).
But the gameplay is sometimes difficult for me, sims can be standing for minutes and not doing what I told them to..

scarlettsimletter

Postscarlettsimletter on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 pm

i have about 1200 files lol. my game takes so long to load oops
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:30 am

The trick is to keep your unmerged cc, Mia :D

That way, if you want to remove something you just do it and then remerge the cc. It is how I am able to keep track for things like updates and duplicates.

It can be somewhat of a tedious task - at least the first time - after that, though, it is just keeping it up.

You would not be able to delete through sims4trayimporter if you merge, though... you would need to pull out the merged cc and replace it with the unmerged cc folders in order to do that.

Once you've deleted through ts4trayimporter now, though, then you could merge your cc. Along with that would be to include a Test/New Subfolder and drop unmerged cc in there so that you can decide if you want to keep it or not OR that it is working properly :D

It means swapping files and folders - which is what I do - but it keeps me better organized and I like being able to have a ton of cc in my game, lol!

~~~

How long does it take your game to load, Scarlett?

Winifred_Willow

PostWinifred_Willow on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:53 pm

I am always interested in how big other folks' mod folders are. I thought I had a lot of cc but I see now that I have a modest collection giggle
In my Sims 3 folder I have 25.7 GB of items, 1,294 files and 67 folders-most things compressed and merged. The game can take about 17 to 25 minutes to load. I wander off and do stuff around the house while I'm waiting like many of you do too.
My Sims 4 mods folder is modest with 6.10 GB, 2,624 files and 206 folders. I have some clothing items merged but most items are left alone in case an update requires me to update it or remove it. The game doesn't really take long at all to load, maybe 3 to five minutes.
peaceminusonee

Postpeaceminusonee on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:46 pm

I just checked, mine is 6.24GB and my game loads in about 15 minutes and it runs pretty well!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:49 am

Honestly, I'm just super excited at how many people love cc as much as I do <3

cindigroot

Postcindigroot on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:29 pm

omg that's not even so big hahah, mine is about 16gb... my game isn't really that slow but it just takes a lot of time to load. Also i sometimes have some glitches in my game were my sims just freeze and they won't do anything so I have to travel to get them 'unfrozen'.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:28 am

lol, Cindi...

...my Big Game has 58ish gb's - however, I'm not attempting to brag!

...well, maybe just a little bit, lol!

If your game is taking a long time to load and you don't upload houses for others, you may want to consider merging your cc - it seriously reduces load times.

Take a look through this thread, or just head straight over to the Help Center and Tech Edge. There are several tutorials related to merging over there :D

marimar2

Postmarimar2 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:22 am

Mine is:
13.8 gb
5949 files
618 folders
Loading time is less than 10 min. Thank God. Needless to say that what stops me from having more mods is the loading part otherwise my C disk would be so full by now that the mods would drop from my pc  and would land onto my desk, lol!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:26 pm

well said Marina.
I have two externals. One where I save the downloaded stuff and the other as a backup for all the stuff I downloaded...... giggle baghead
morganaforum

Postmorganaforum on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:48 am

My mods folder is 10,5 GB!
sims4sisters

Postsims4sisters on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Personally, I think I might have a CC downloading problem!

I just can't stop myself...I love CC!

Currently my Mods folder is 101 GB (108,981,685,974 bytes)!!

It used to take FOREVER to load. Until I started to merge my CC.

Now my wait time is more reasonable...Although, recently I noticed it has started to take awhile to load again.

I might need to merge more CC or get rid of some CC! scared
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:33 am

I love cc - I, too, feel like it might explode out of my system, lol...

Sims4Sisters - do you have all of that in your game at once?

I know my 58ish gb game load will not allow searching (I believe I have a piece or so of cc that is causing that issue)... and it is slow. I play that load when I have no need to search and just want to browse and am in the mood to relax. It takes about 1.5 hours to load...

None of my other game loads take long - the longest is about 25 minutes; the others are about 5 minutes.

Truly curious :D

Valcsi

PostValcsi on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Mine is "only" 21,2 GB but recently my game crashes very often and I don't know which cc causes it. But I can't stop downloading :D
ignis314

Postignis314 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Hey,
I have well over 15,000 mods on my game with a short aprox 5 min start up. It is super important to merge your packages with the sims4studio to cut down load time. It appears that the load time increases with the number of packages vs the size of them. I have merged the 15k down to about 25 packages and this has drastically improved my games over all performance.

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum