TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Top posting users this month

How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

skanning

Postskanning on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 am

@anidup
I don't notice any lag BUT most of my sim households are singles...I don't play them nearly as much as I build.  I'll chase them around sometimes to collect/harvest stuff but it's mostly to make sure my builds function correctly.  I'm not into toddlers (though they're certainly cute enough), children, or teenagers...been there, done that in r/l !!  btw...in real life, my 10 yr old granddaughter had been playing my S2 game when she came over here.  I let her create a family in S4 - and wasn't paying attention.  She's very bright for her age.  The next thing I knew, my sims were missing stuff....hmmm.  I pulled up her family in CAS and two of them were kleptos!!  Cripes!  I amended that quickly and now have to explain to her why I fussed with her setup  laughloud

And, what do I do during load time?  lol  Grab a catalog and head for the bathroom for one thing.  I'm also in a project to clean the windows from the inside before the Christmas decorations go up so I have a permanent ladder with a bottle of Windex and a roll of paper towels upstairs (that's the main area).  Our house is a bit below the road and the lot continues to slope down so the front of the house looks like a one story; the back, like two.  That's somewhat common in this hilly area of northern Ohio.  Believe me, I always find plenty to do!  (and there's always more to do but wait!  what!  my sims game is up?  well....housework will always be there !)  :danceani:
inari93

Postinari93 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:35 pm

Practically since the sims 2 I have always downloaded custom content.

Mods s4:

24,1 GB

Mods s2:

11,7 GB

I'm cleaning my mods folder of the sims 4, I have a lot of furniture and hairstyles giggle

Last edited by inari93 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
xMoonDaughterx

PostxMoonDaughterx on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:18 pm

4,76 GB, 2.130 files, 25 folders
BrunaAlice

PostBrunaAlice on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Wow my game mods folder is totally disorganized. I get crazy when a mod comes into conflict. I have more than 20 GB.
KyrieMonae

PostKyrieMonae on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:38 pm

My mods folder is 8 GB ( 3,489 files & 64 folders). I have a friend whose mod folder is over 50 GB so I think I am doing pretty good :) Also, I can't wait until I get a new computer so I can download more cc. I have an addiction lol
totadodo50

Posttotadodo50 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:53 pm

hi.. i am new here .. i love the sims game so much but i don`t like to add too much cc to my game
anyway my mods folder is 900 mg
TaTschu
Resident Artist

PostTaTschu on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi Girls! I thought I post an Update from my last posting here in August :)

My Mods Folder is growing and gronwing. In August I had about 8 GB. Now I have 18GB! And a lot of the new CC are your Creations, Blooms...lol.
Without merging the 18 GB the loading time is 20-25 Minutes. To long for my taste!
After merging ALL my CC the loading time is by 6-7 minutes! Woohoo! I never thought, that it could be so different! I'm so happy!

Because its really frustraiting when yo just wanna go ingame to make Pics for 8 rugs you create, and you have to wait 25 minutes to do something what takes just 5 minutes...lol.

Thank you all for your great help with merging, rename etc! I didn't know about that before. And it helps so much!
You Rock, Girls!

inari93

Postinari93 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:23 pm

I have managed to reduce my mods folder 24,1 GB before and now 13GB

I know that very soon I will have many more, I can not control myself whistle
szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:14 am

I have posted my games' Mods folders a lot - I won't post it again, lol

...that would be bragging :D

Darlene - if you aren't uploading houses or sims for other people, you might really consider merging your ts4 cc... that 70 minute load time will radically reduce.

...you can still wash windows, but you won't have to while waiting for your game to load <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
skanning

Postskanning on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:13 am

I used to d/l merged files when I had the option UNTIL toddlers came out.  I couldn't get to the files I needed to update. Remember now, this is ME - I barely understand what "merge" even meant.  Now with this last spate of borked cc thanks to pets, I'm glad I don't have those merged files.  Does a S4S batch fix even reach a bed/sofa/counter in a merged file?  When all of that craziness started, the first thing I did was head for the garage and smoke 3 cigarettes in a row...that's about my usual daily quota.  Then I came back into the kitchen and ate 3 Reese's peanut butter cups...fixed another pot of coffee...and waded in.  At this point I've taken the d/l of pets....and of course, the patch for the patch before hand....  I'm afraid to even start the game.  And, let's all hope S4S gets out a batch fix for sofas, chairs, counters....and whatever else flyer   And, don't think I wasn't tempted to just let the entire game go vanilla.  However, my best positive/worst negative personal trait is JUST IN CASE.  Therefore, when it comes to strange, specialized tools - I'm the one who grabs my tool bag.  BTW...I have at least 5 new HEPA filters upstairs for the last 6 sweepers we've owned...so when it comes to my sims cc...well, just in case....laughloud
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:39 am

Breathe, Darlene! <3

The biggest thing some people DON'T do when merging is to keep their folders of unmerged cc around for when patches, updates, or whatever occur...

...I have ALL my unmerged cc in the same folder structure I use to merge the files.

This way, when there is an update or a patch (or whatever), I run my unmerged cc through the updated game and remove borked cc and update when creators update or s4s has batch fixes.

Then, and only then, do I remerge my cc...

It is a process and it can be tedious; however, I never have to worry about anything more than replacing/overwriting files and remerging.

I can also build with merged files and then replace with the unmerged cc folders if I want to upload something for other people.

The main thing is that while I lose a bit of time with updating and remerging, I would have to spend the time updating anyway AND I still recoup all that loading time for the game and I have no lagging issues.

It is up to you and I am more than happy to skype or phone with you to walk you through it - especially after an update like this one :D

acerolas

Postacerolas on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:06 am

Please don't think am a dummy but is this for windows 10 also ?
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:39 am

Your not a dummy acerolas..

No question is stupid..just ask you never know if you don't ask..

I'm not sure..I know someone will be able to tell you

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Yes, the program you need to merge items is the Sims 4 Studio.
Merged files make the game load faster if you have a huge amount of cc in your game.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:03 am

That is a great question, Jacqueline!

If you need any assistance with merging, just ask on the thread in Tech Edge.

Links for everything you need are located there on that thread :D

I'll be more than happy to assist <3

themamasplace

Postthemamasplace on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 pm

My old computer said farewell 8 months ago. Lost everything. So for christmas my son in law bought me an HP Omen, with a 24 " screen, I looooooooove it.
So far I only have 3.05 GB of cc on it. My game takes maybe 2 minutes to load. I am so happy with this computer. I 've never had one this nice.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:37 am

That is very cool of your Son to do that for you, Pam :D

I'm currently busy filling my new drives up, as well, thanks to my Brother <3

Mireluk

PostMireluk on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am

I have 3 folders for my Sims 3 that I switch between them to play - one with a lot cc around 2.5 GB, another that have cc for creating sims mostly (that's the one I play my families) and another that have really less cc like roofs, fences and some plants that I'm using on building up my houses for upload - last ones are around 300 MB each. :flirty:

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:56 pm

I found that is the easiest way (multiple game loads)...

...IF you have the drive space, LOL!!!

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:35 pm

You know I have tried to put in folders as well as taking out folders so I can have different ones for things and not have everything in my game..but when I do that a lot of them will say can't move because of this and that..or the files names are to big..I gave up doing that..and just download everything in the game..

Also found that my game is getting slower and slower to load because of it. .and even has been freezing up in the loading process but once I get in the game after several attempts everything seems fine..but then I don't have a house built and sims in it right now..so not sure what would happen then..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

MysticTrance15

PostMysticTrance15 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:57 am

mine is 9.62gb, 4,595 files, 15 folders. I have a bunch I need to add to my game at the moment so after they are added I will have just under 6k or a little over. Load time take a minuet.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:05 am

Sam, you may very well need to get Bulk Rename Utility and DupeGuru.

The first will allow you to remove all special characters from file names and the second will locate any duplicates.

Check in Tech Edge for threads on both of those applications - there are links and information that will help you.

Also, once you get them downloaded and installed, I can walk you through using them :D

Mystic - my current game has 23.4 gb in the Mods folder... it takes about 10 minutes to load and consists of merged and unmerged cc. I have 25 folders consisting of 10 main folders and 15 subfolders in one of them (so only 2 levels deep). There are 2,589 files altogether. I have probably zero cc CAS items (or, if any, very, very few).

I'm curious what your system is and what your cc consists of... your load time is phenomenal!

anitadarkshade

Postanitadarkshade on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm

You can have folders in your mod folder??? How??? I would love to sort my mods, it drives my OCD up the wall. It's so messy in there lol
anitadarkshade

Postanitadarkshade on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 am

14.012 files
19.4 GB and growing
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:19 am

Mine is 5.70GB

4,993 files

29 folders

anitadakeshade how long does it take for your game to load?

My game would be double what it is, I took out all CAS files!

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum