Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims. Please visit our Getting Started area for forum info and read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Check out our May challenge in iCreate: The Hobby Room. Join in, just for fun!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Horse wood wall art by TaTschu

TS4: Spring rug collection by TaTschu

.servimg.com/u/f62/19/51/31/71/20033.jpg" />

TS4: Wood wall art by TaTschu

TS4: Vintage wall decals by TaTschu

TS4: Vivid dollshouse by Lovias

TS4: Spring wood signs by Chicklet

TS4: Hello spring paintings by Chicklet

TS4: Spring wall planter by Chicklet

TS4: Spring dining room by Chicklet

TS4: Conversion of Mataine bedroom by Anidup

TS4: Aqua by Lorry

TS4: Salthouse by Tilly Tiger

TS4: French dining by Anidup

TS4> Wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Maison Lorraine by Lorry

How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:00 am

Downloading is a never ending practice, lol...

...Tammy, I just make new folders and merge files, <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
sammoyke

Postsammoyke on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 pm

20 gigs lol 7 of it is hair 7 of it is buy items and the rest is mods and cas stuff. it takes nearly 30 minutes for it to load.
Tee3cubed

PostTee3cubed on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:16 pm

I am lucky. I just sunk a big chunk of change into having a brand spanking new computer built for me just so I can play Sims 4. I followed your directions - I have 5.36 GB and 4,288 files, and 0 folders. So, my question - what are folders? Do I need them? And how do I do that?
Tee3cubed

PostTee3cubed on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Sorry, I forgot - it takes 1 minute for my game to load. Quite a difference over the performance of the old computer!
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:02 am

OMGosh Tee..do you mean that you have been just downloading things and not putting anything in folders for each creator/site

How do I explain this..a downloads folder is what you would download all your files in..and in that Downloads folder you would have other folders to put each creator/site their cc..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

Lipabi

PostLipabi on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:05 pm

This is my TS4 folder, I also have CC on TS3 and TS2 :sweetdance:

By the way,
newhere
Tee3cubed

PostTee3cubed on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Samantha61 - yes, all in either MODS or TRAY. After an afternoon of reading on here, I now understand what is being said about "folders." I just can't seem to wrap my head around the necessity of it. I don't (yet) know how to create anything - I have never tried to look into that. I simply download from the sites and use them in my game when I am creating houses. It never crossed my mind to put "beds" in this folder, or stoves over here. And with my OCD - you would think that would jump right out at me, yet it never has. Why would I want to have one creator's things in a specific folder? I have favorite creators, but please explain the logic of this. I do download into a special folder and introduce them to my game just a few at a time - just to make sure they all work, and that they do not have a crippling effect on my game. But once they are ok, I simply move them into the MODS or TRAY and I am ready to play.
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:53 pm

Believe me Joan..when I say folders are important..specially when you have over 22,000 files like I do..and a lot of members and others have way more than that..lol..

I keep them separated so I know who did what and where to find them if I ever have to redownload..or if someone is looking for something specific I can go look in the folders to find where I found it and who created it..

If you have everything in one folder..how do you know who did what and where you got it..

Like if I downloaded something from here I have CBS folder then the creator folder inside that folder than all the cc in that one..

There are others that just have one or two folders..I get a bit more detailed on where I found it and what it is..and the creator name..if I can..

I have all Mods in one folder..and my genetics in another..each with the name of the site and if possible the name of the creator..and most of the time I have the name of the objects...believe me I go looking in my downloads folder and if I don't have those then I tend to get lost to what and who is what lol..

I don't know what a TRAY is..that must be a Sims4 thing..I don't think Sims2 has that..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

Tee3cubed

PostTee3cubed on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 pm

TRAY is where I have to place the downloaded houses in Sims 4. I began with Sims 1, and 3 and now 4. For some reason, I never had 2. Seems like the more we talk, the more questions I have. This time - what is Genetics? I mean, I know because I am a nurse, but what is it in the Sims world?
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:07 am

Joan, what Sam is referring to with genetics are CAS items (hair, clothing, skins, makeup accessories, etc... - all the stuff we put on our simmies).

If you take a look in the Help Center under The Edge, there is a thread on folders and subfolders.

Sammoyke - In the same place, there is a thread on How to Merge cc... your 20gb's will load much faster if your files are merged...

...deciding to merge, though, depends on if you are just building and playing for yourself. If you are making lots and sims for others, then you still need unmerged cc in order to easily export just the items you've used (and not all of your cc!).

btw, I'm the Tech Guru :D

...please feel free to ask questions and myself or others will absolutely jump in and assist! <3

ellivu

Postellivu on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:22 pm

I have 6,300 files in my mods folder at the minute. giggle
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:40 am

Cool, Ellivu :D

boffleyboo

Postboffleyboo on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 pm

my sims 3 had a major meltdown with 101,000 files.now ive come back to sims 4.had to get the ist game in a box from the shop and the others from origin with a code ,so that was new.
takietam.99

Posttakietam.99 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:31 pm

My mod folder is 2,47 so it's not to big bou I hope it will be soon XD
lupuspuella

Postlupuspuella on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:54 am

It's 18.9GB with 40 folders!
dreamteamsims

Postdreamteamsims on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 pm

shame Five days ago, my Mods folder had 13.2G of CC and it was taking around 8/9 minutes to load, then I made this big cleaning, deleted a bunch of stuff, or so I thought, but I was only able to remove 3G of CC, so now I have 10G and it takes 5/6 minutes to load, it's not much I suppose but I usually go in and out the game a lot when I'm building so waiting that much becomes quiet annoying by the 3rd time I have to go out and back again
themamasplace

Postthemamasplace on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:37 am

I lost my computer last June, didn't get a new one until my son in law bought me one for Christmas, its an HP Omen, and I love it! I have never owned one this nice.
I have 10 GB, 7001 items and no, I never gave folders a 2nd thought, just threw everything in the Mods folder. So now, I am going to have to go thru and make folders. lol I need to purge a lot anyways.
I went cc crazy, lol
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:39 am

My current game load (I have 5) has 24.5gb in the Mods folder with 12 Folders and 1,095 files.

Most everything is merged in this particular game load, lol.

...backing up my downloads (it has been awhile and I can't remember which ones I did, so I'm doing them all over again - lol - this is the cc that I want to get into game at some point):

EziosMinionSixx

PostEziosMinionSixx on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:57 am

Well when I first joined Cherryblossoms I was using a smaller computer and had over 4g of CC .Stupid me got excited with the new computer I have now(Asus -Republic of Gamers with 1TB of space 7700HQ CPU 2.80GHz 2801 Mhz 16gb physical memory and 18.3 total virtual memory) and didn't switch over.Now I don't know much about computers and am nowhere tech savvy but it's a heckuva lot better than my old one.I'm just downloading into a folder right now because I'm waiting for that new Jungle pack to come out then I'll install them.Right now I have 41.2 g of CC over 8,400 files.I am hoping my game won't crash and/or slow down too much because of that size.Again I don't know about computers so we'll see!
boffleyboo

Postboffleyboo on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 am

i probably have 20,000 files over many years of downloading thats just sims 4 ,probably the same for sims3,i have one file on a terabyte external hard drive,and the sims 4 lot on a 64gig usb,thats the file that the game wont find...aaaarrrgg
maggiepale

Postmaggiepale on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 am

After the major clean-up I have around 7000 files with approximately 9GB of used space, but I hate the loading OMG, it takes 8-9 minutes to load.
blondie1224

Postblondie1224 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:09 am

just for my sims 4 its 6.40GB in my mods folder i think i need to go through and clean some old stuff out lol
boffleyboo

Postboffleyboo on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:10 am

last count over 20,000 files and after a meltdown im adding them carefully, now my games up and running.
renivaro

Postrenivaro on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Well...I just checked my Mods folder and discovered that I have 32.7 GB or 15,650 files in 17 folders. LOL no wonder it takes close to one and a half hours to load the whole thing. I typically create smaller Mods folders containing the necessary CC for my individual saves. Sims4TrayImporter(S4TI)helps immeasurably in this.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:50 am

Renivaro - you might want to take a look in the Help Center in the Tech Edge area for the thread on how to merge cc in t4 (if that is the game you are referring to in your post)...

...as long as you have no specific, regular need to share anything, merging your cc will dramatically reduce your loading time <3

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum