Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Scandi Crush, our summer download theme is now open. Take a look in our artists category!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Help....Problem with recolor
Today at 3:41 pm by Rhisa

» Hi guys!
Today at 3:38 pm by poppy100

» This is an unusual wcif for Sims2
Today at 2:49 pm by amythestfenix

» Questions about the legacies
Today at 2:04 pm by Cinjan

» Hello
Today at 1:58 pm by Cinjan

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated August 19, 2017
Today at 1:08 pm by szanne7000

» The "ing" game: (New game!)
Today at 1:04 pm by Rhisa

» Word association
Today at 1:02 pm by Rhisa

» ~~Tilly**Anidup**Broomhilda61~~
Today at 12:54 pm by Oldbox

» Tillys fur babies
Today at 12:36 pm by tilly

» Anidup's Album ** UPDATED 18 Aug 2017
Today at 12:29 pm by Lorry

» Are We There Yet?
Today at 12:17 pm by Lorry

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 12:14 pm by Lorry

» Another Era Challenge
Today at 12:08 pm by Lorry

» Build a Lake House
Today at 12:07 pm by Lorry

Whats new?

Scandi Crush Summer Theme

There's much more, so take a look!

TS4 Scandi Crush Living room by Chicklet

TS3 Recolours by Poppy

TS4 Scandi crush gallery by Oldbox

TS2 Scandi crush Sim by Maryann

TS4 Scandi crush rugs by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush bedroom by Chicklet

TS4 Scandi crush hallway by Anidup

TS4 Scandi crush summer house by Tilly

TS4 Scandi crush Kirkenes by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush paintings by Crissi

TS4 Scandi crush design gallery by Tilly

How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 am

I have done that in the past, for me not always so successful...... it only give you the first 9 (I think) items, and even then the one I am searching for may not be there.
You need to know how the creator named the item to write the correct wording there.
So even the in game search (for me) does not satisfy me. I do not like to search through the different categories either, because some creators forget to categorise their items correctly!
I have had dolls in the plants category, instead of in the kids category. So a search through all the different categories can be quite frustrating too.

I even find myself overlooking the item at times, and then I decide to scroll from the bottom to the top, and that helps for I look at them differently. It is as if my mind is made up already that it would not be among the first lot, and then just does not "see" it.

Maybe that is also why I cannot have too much cc in my mods folder....... I will forever be searching!!! ROFL
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 am

Yes that was very frustrating for me too! Especially when I knew the exact name of something because I created it, and the game would still only pull up so many.

But, after I learned to search this way, it has made it so much easier. Now if I'm looking for just pillows, or baskets, or a box, or whatever I can find it a lot easier.

Here's what I do:

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:46 am

Lmao Sam this definitely wouldn't work for you then thlol  Mine is only a 3 minute loading time, so I don't mind so much.

Wow thank you so much TJ, I will try that.  I'm with you.... too many objects are placed in Miscellaneous!  I liked the folders in Sims 3, I always organised my own categories, so easy

Oh I had posted before I saw this page!

Anita one thing that may help in your search.......turn on cheats and type in bb.showhiddenobjects Then click on 'Show All' and put your word into the search
I am wondering if that's why you are having no luck at finding what you are looking for

lol oh gosh I think I am repeating what TJ has just shown......so sorry, my son is texting me at the same time pull hair out
pcontrol1

Postpcontrol1 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Lorry wrote:pcontrol1 do you have trouble finding what you want?  I am forever going in and out of my game to get the exact name of the file pull hair out It drives me nuts!

Yes, but I can't stop downloading.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:18 am

Oh, goodie - posting the screenshots was a great idea, TJ...

Text string searching really does make it easier to search in ts4...

...of course, the person who made the cc (however they made it, lol) did need to be somewhat reasonable when they named, tagged, etc. the piece of cc...

I've had people not include dish, plate, etc. on an actual plate. Sigh.

However, for the most part, using this method of searching will almost always result in locating the actual item you are looking for :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
StorybrookeSims

PostStorybrookeSims on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:41 am

At the moment, before I've downloaded new content, I'm at 19.3 GB with 3,210 files *If the files weren't merged, I would have 12,395* I've never actually timed how long it takes to load, but I'm going to assume about 5-10 minutes.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am

pcontrol1 giggle I can't stop either

StorybrookeSims that's great, all that content and your load time is still quite quick

pcontrol1

Postpcontrol1 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Lorry wrote:pcontrol1 giggle  I can't stop either

StorybrookeSims that's great, all that content and your load time is still quite quick

Probably because I have a gaming PC.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 am

pcontrol1 ok now I get it giggle I have a gaming pc as well, although mine is getting on in age now. I've already had the graphics replaced and some faulty RAM taken out.

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:45 am

I'm so glad I have my laptop...

...I really can't sit at a desk anymore, so my brother helped me find a really great laptop several years ago to handle what I needed to do on it.

Believe it or not, the sims is not really a graphics intensive game - even with all the cc we ask it to load. Certainly not like WOW or the even newer games that are out there :D

However, the better a processor, more hard drive space, RAM, and higher end graphics card one has, the greater experience one is going to have:D

Is anyone using ReShade with their game?

I'm using my Nvidia card to have better graphics and have not added in ReShade yet, as I suspect I could get my card to give me even more... or, I could also add in ReShade to do more.

I know I've had Word, Excel, and PowerPoint open all at once, along with my game and my laptop hasn't even hiccupped...

With all of that stated, I know a really good desktop system could blow my laptop out of the water...

...comments, thoughts?

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:14 am

My husband asked me today......why didn't you choose an Alien laptop over a PC, that way I could carry my Sims around with me claphands1  

My dear friend......I have no idea what you are talking about, I am going to call you Sheldon and I'll be Penny :Spring2 I do understand the processor and RAM....that's why I had a solid state system put in when my graphics card was replaced!

What's a re shade thing?  Sorry just not as technical as you, it becomes blah blah blah to me thlol
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:57 am

ReShade is an applicated that a lot of gaming people use to add ultra crispness to their games...

The simming community picked up on it because it runs during the game.

It is not a post-processing application like Photoshop, so you get to see a difference in how your game looks while you are actually in your game :D

Look at these pictures (especially the bathroom images) from cherry-sims Here for how awesome in game pictures can be.

If you want clear cut shadows and crispness, ReShade is your friend.

If you want DOF (depth of field) like clear in the foreground, blurry-ish in the background, ReShade is your friend.

And on and on...

There are a variety of tools to tweak your graphics in game any way you'd like AND a whole lot of simmers have created presets for those of us who don't know a thing about it but just want to use it :D

My Nvidia card gives me really great in game pictures already, so I have not added ReShade to my system. I do have all the links to the download, tutorials, and presets; I just have not had the time to go read through it all, install it, and see how it works for me.

However, it is an amazing application and can take the game to levels way above even a great graphics card. Forget about weird shadows, lighting, and blueish glow... all gone with ReShade.

For me, I'm happy with my current Nvidia card settings and Zerbu's mods...

...I still want to add in ReShade and see what else my game could look like <3

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:29 am

OK Now you have my attention!

You have seen my pictures....do I need ReShade? I have an N Vidia card, I only use in game editing for my pictures, sometimes I overdo it pull hair out and at other times I am happy to leave the photo untouched.

I love Zerbu's Mods, but they don't work for me, I need help because I have no idea why they aren't working

This One

and

This One

Obviously I am not doing something, but I have no idea what........don't ask if scripts are enabled giggle  YES YES YES
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:35 am

First question - what about the venue mods are not working for you, Lorry? If you could be more specific, I may be able to assist... :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regarding game lighting...

Here are the links for Zerbu's lighting mods (in game pictures are on these pages so you can see the differences)

NoBlu   Here

and

NoGlo   Here

They were under a different name, so they can be difficult to find :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I made a few changes directly in my Nvidia settings which gave me some differences in my game.

Here are screenshots of my card type and the specific application settings I changed for ts4. I did not change a whole lot, as I was not completely certain how the changes would affect my game. I had read several articles about it and changed items that would give me better graphics...

...the repeating pictures of #3 are in the order items appear via the scroll bar :D

My Nvidia Card:

Overview Picture of Nvidia Control Panel --- notice I am on the Program Settings tab and not the Global Settings tab :D

Closeups of the Settings in Box #3

Each setting is either available or not (shaded gray if not available for the application - ts4, in this case) and there is an explanation of what it does on the bottom.

This is my card - with the Nvidia Experience. Yours may be different; however, if it is Nvidia, it should be similar  summerB7

You take beautiful pictures, Lorry. As far as that goes, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with them  inlove34

You have, however, expressed that you don't like the lighting. So, as you don't like the lighting, I would suggest getting the Zerbu lighting mods. Those will absolutely make a difference in how you see your game and how your pictures come out.

Remember, I do absolutely zero editing of any of my pictures. My pictures are totally in game and due only to Zerbu's mods and my graphics card.

The only thing I've ever done to them was to turn the DOTY Titanic round pictures Black & White and I used PowerPoint for that - literally a point and click, lol... the app did all the work. It took all of 1 second for each picture! I adjusted nothing :D   I also used PowerPoint to add frames and backgrounds to the sofa pictures... but I didn't do any post-processing of those pictures, either. <3

Last edited by szanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:33 pm

szanne7000 wrote:First question - what about the venue mods are not working for you, Lorry? If you could be more specific, I may be able to assist... :D

I placed both Mods in my Mods Folder, went in game and nothing had altered......do I have to type something into the cheat box.  I just thought I would automatically be able to access everything, but I couldn't, so I am obviously not doing something bored
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:34 pm

I did this without any cheats turned on (in the cheat box) -- but it should work with   testingcheats true    on, as well :D

I DO have script mods allowed in my Game Options/Other    giggle

For the Unlock Special Venues Mod to work, you just need to have it in your Mods Folder along with Venue Change Mod.
You've already got that part down, so you just need to know how to "make them work."

(fyi, I have a special folder in my Mods folder for Zerbu's mods and I do not merge those package files.)

To Change the Lot Venue Type:

1. Open the lot that you would like to change the venue type for.

2. Click on the Lot Info Panel (the house icon) in the Upper Left Corner of your screen.

3. Click on the Lot Type - using the downward pointing triangle.

4. Click on the Lot Type you want (library, gym, bar, residential, whatever) --- this is how you actually Change the venue type.

5. Select the Lot Traits that you want for your new lot.

6. When you are happy (and done), Click the Lot Info Panel icon again and you are all finished. :D

Here are some screen shots of the Gym Lot in Oasis Springs I changed to a Residential Lot
(after I had changed it, but this should give you an idea on what to click):

Last edited by szanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

pyanj

Postpyanj on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:29 am

2.19 GB (2,362,273,166 bytes), which seems to be comparatively smaller to everyone else :') i need more!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:39 am

Don't fell bad, nor pressured, Pyanj, to put more cc in your game than you prefer...

...however, if you do want to, heheheheh, read through this thread :D

There is a lot of information here about how to merge cc files (and which ones not to merge, lol), including the steps to do it. It is pretty straightforward and generally takes an evening or so, depending on how much you have.

If you have a lot (like me), it can take awhile. If not so much, maybe several hours. It will, though, reduce loading time for the game.

For example, 25gb may end up taking 15-25 minutes to load instead of 1 to 2 hours :D

This is depending on your system, of course.

When I had 29ish gb of unmerged cc, my game took about 2.5 hours (or so) to load. Now I can load my big game with 57.7gb in 1.5 hours. :D

Your game probably loads really fast right now; however, if you are planning on adding more cc, even if you add up to 5-7 gb total, merging will make things quicker.

Note - You can test cc to make sure it is good and won't bork your game by pulling out the cc you know already works, adding in cc (unmerged) a chunk at a time, opening the game, loading a lot, and if all is good (searching, placing objects, making a sim do stuff, etc.), just closing the game without saving.

You can do this repeatedly until you've tested all your new cc before you permanently add and/or merge and add it to your game.

2nd Note: If you do decide to merge your cc, definitely keep the unmerged cc!

I organize my cc in folders by creator (mostly) and then merge the contents. That way if something needs to be updated, I just overwrite the old cc with the new cc, or pull it out, etc., then remerge that folder's cc and replace the merge file in my game.

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you --- I do tend to go on, lol... I just want to make sure you have all the info :D

...but, do read the whole thread if you decide to merge as there are a few other things you want to do along with that process.

Let us know what you decide to do and ask if you have questions about this or about anything else :D

We're here and will help as we're able... <3

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:54 am

Suzanne thank you so much for all those wonderful pictures........I think they should be placed into some kind of Tutorial thread.......I think I know what I have been doing wrong, and hopefully I will try and test it later on.......hubby and I are both sick with flu, so I can't sit up for long :wint8: It's sooo cold

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:12 am

Suzanne: I agree, you are the fundi around here. It would we lovely if you could copy your threads to the tutorial section, ....... prettyplease

Lorry: Wishing you and hubby to get well real soon! Bedrest is the best medicine!!
:wint8: and then off course.... coffeetime
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Thank you Anita......we have been on the couch for 3 days now, lol starting to go stir crazy crazyspin

Suzanne we need to get together on SKYPE......so you can talk me through this. Maybe it's just that I'm still not well, but I don't get anything
Can you go into build mode without a Sim? The pictures you have posted from your game, I have never seen before.......I am stupid baghead

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:54 pm

WHAT Lorry are you sick..omgosh you all better get well soon..lot's of orange juice, soup and bedrest..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 am

Broomhilda61 wrote:WHAT Lorry are you sick..omgosh you all better get well soon..lot's of orange juice, soup and bedrest..

Yes Mum giggle

We are both feeling much better now thank you Sam buddy , and our diet was exactly what you suggested. I feel sorry for Matt, 3 days wasted on the couch, but we did watch a lot of tv and he goes back to work tomorrow!

Suzanne I worked out how to do this, your pictures were a big help, thank you so much
I did learn that you always have to go to CAS first (unless there's a Mod I don't know about), dump your Sim, then move on to manage worlds and just build wherever you want..... tschak
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 am

My apologies for not responding sooner!

Lorry, I hope you and your hubbie are feeling better --- I hate being sick, I get irritable!

You do not have to have a sim in Build Mode...

It never dawned on me to mention that, as I never have a sim around when I build, lol...

Definitely, change venues BEFORE adding a sim... or move the sim(s) out first :D

Anita, how would I go about moving my mini picture tutorials? I'm more than happy to do it... I'm just not sure how to go about doing so :D

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:41 am

PLEASE we need mini tutorials, and you are the man for the job! smile201

Quote.....It never dawned on me to mention that, as I never have a sim around when I build, lol...
BUT you still have to go through CAS don't you?

We are feeling fine now thank you Suzanne.....we never get sick, but it's been so cold here.

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum