Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 7:41 pm by patty3060

» Anidup's Album ** UPDATED 3 September 2017
Today at 7:16 pm by anidup

» Help please with SimPE
Today at 6:15 pm by Samantha61

» Spring Siggies 2017
Today at 6:00 pm by Samantha61

» {SOLVED}I have lost the link to MysticRain's Pillows and Echo's rugs
Today at 5:48 pm by Oldbox

» ALBUM UPDATE 22.09.2017
Today at 5:32 pm by sunkal

» Sims 4 CC finds
Today at 3:49 pm by EziosMinionSixx

» Lorry's Sims 4 Album *UPDATED 21st September,2017
Today at 3:46 pm by anidup

» All 4 Sims - Updates 2017
Today at 3:19 pm by anidup

» How Did You Discover The Sims?
Today at 3:17 pm by anidup

» I love the community!
Today at 3:03 pm by trintrin27

» New hereeeee!
Today at 3:02 pm by trintrin27

» hello everyone!
Today at 3:01 pm by trintrin27

» Hello!
Today at 3:00 pm by trintrin27

» I'm new
Today at 3:00 pm by trintrin27

Whats new?

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:26 am

Suzanne, I can move it for you if you wish. I think only us moderators can move posts around. I did not want to do it without you knowing about it.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:44 pm

I only have to go through CAS the very first time I open a brand new instance of ts4...

...after that, I just open whatever lot and/or neighborhood I want to build in, hehehehe

Oh, and that sim I have to build? I have a lot of sims with the last name of Dresden (mostly female, some with cc and some without) that I export with sims 4 tray importer and keep in case I need one for something, LOL!

---It was great skyping with you, Lorry (I finally got back to this post, heheheheh). I started looking for that cane/wicker chair and ended up downloading, wouldn't you know! rofl301

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anita - that would be great! I think there are several of these things floating around, though, lol...

...is there a way I can look for them? i.e., just posts that I've made? (I'm sure there is, but it is now 6:45am and I haven't slept yet, so I'm not remembering if I can pull up just posts or just threads...).

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:23 pm

OMG are you still awake.........you will never get that B.A.D. entry finished. One door in 24 hours is not enough!!! giggle

LOL had a great time tonight on Skype....Oh I downloaded that festive set, you are a bad influence computersmi

moornin <---------- Suzanne
:bigbed: <----------Lorry

niceday

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:15 am

I had said on another thread I believed I had around 7-8 gigs. Looking now I am closer to 13G at the moment because we all know we never stop looking for new content :Spring2 It takes my game about 20-30 min to load.

Speaking of I am not the savviest of people when it comes to tech and I am looking to upgrade my PC soon. Anyone have any suggestions for a new PC so it will handle massive amounts of CC and gameplay at high graphics?
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:30 am

I had mine built to my requirements. What was important to me was a good graphics card, some form of cooling system, fans and RAM.

If you can afford it get Solid State drive........you can read up on it HERE
OMG it is the best thing I have ever put in my computer and it's soooo fast

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Lorry, yes, SSD are awesome. I think I found some good deals at Best Buy but I'm sure I can do better. As for building my PC... I could get in trouble doing that lol. I'll be the one to walk out of there with a 2500.00 computer. danceani
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:58 pm

I used to say to my hubby, I'd much rather go to a computer store than a fashion store giggle
You are right about building your own computer, it can run into a lot of money.....mine cost $2000 around 5 years ago......wont be doing that again! But it was so much fun bigsmile

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:47 am

Oh Lorry I can just imagine what hubby thought of that..specially after you spent food money on that computer angry runcircle

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:37 am

giggle Hubby was with me on that occasion

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:50 am

I allow my son to buy me the goods I need...... it is like my car, I just want to get in and start it.
So when I am due for new hardware he tells me what to order and then I build my own pc as well. I have never worried about the price, since this is the only "toy" I allow myself to have. I don't drink or smoke or eat out or go on expensive vacations..... just sit here quietly playing the game! bigsmile
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:00 am

rofl301 normally I am like that Anita....but there's just something exciting about a shop full of computer parts!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:38 am

Melisa - go to Frye's...

...if there is one near you :D

They can assist you with either building one to your needs (and budget) or assist you with finding one that is already built.

They are more knowledgeable than Best Buy - especially when it comes to putting together a system to your specific needs.

Also, as I mentioned in the other thread - read this one from the beginning I posted about it on page 1 and a few more notes about merging cc on page 3, if you're interested <3

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Thank you... going to go look now to merge my files. I didn't know I could do the whole thing. I think I read somewhere to not do that so I never tried, lol.
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Say you were not paying attention and changed the names of all files including scripts and lighting... how bad did this hypothetical person screw up?

Edit: Also, when you say lighting do you mean lamps and such or lighting mods that change game lighting?
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:30 pm

:D

Lamps are fine...

I have renamed everything except script mods (I have exactly three of those).

Everything else has had "special characters" and spaces removed.

Overrides and weather mods and Zerbu's lighting mods are not script mods. Script mods are like Andrew's effects player and pose play or Brujah's sliding door script mod.

Cloud replacement, terrain replacements, or plasticbox's extra slots are not.

Just redownload the actual script mod files.

I hope this is not confusing, lol... Do you skype, Melisa? If so, I'm free later today/tonight to talk with you about all of this :D

skanning

Postskanning on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:26 pm

We ordered my gaming pc from cyberpowerpc (at least that's the name on the table-high PCU) They're out of California so you might wait a bit for them to build then send...duh...it's a bit embarrassing when my daughter's friends come in, admire the set-up (complete with flashing red lights) and then find out that the ONLY game I have loaded and that I play is the Sims lol with over 18,000 mod files.  (Geez I long for the S2 trashcan!)  My husband's entire approach was to order a pc that 1) would shut me up and 2) he wouldn't have to keep fiddling with.   rofl301

I almost never go thru CAS to build UNLESS I'm going to get into fountains or waterfalls.  Those I find I want to go into play to see if they're working like I want; and the only way is to have a Sims in pause waiting on the sidewalk  watermelon
jordana
Total Awards : 2

Postjordana on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:51 pm

I am at 12.7 GB (13,661,777,514 bytes) 9,309 Files, 9 Folders

What size limitation would you put on a merged file?

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:58 pm

I see you found it Jordana lol..

Suzanne will be on later tonight I think..I hope..I don't think she will be going anywhere to watch the Fireworks..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:24 am

rofl301 skanning I know exactly what you mean!
The Sims is the only game/program that I have on my whiz bang computer.....overkill or what thlol I don't even have Microsoft Office!

Good question Jordana, I would like to know the answer to this as well.

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:58 am

Skanning - cool deal for your new computer!   giggle

Lorry, you crack me up!   rofl301

Sam - you make me blush  rose2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To answer your question, Jordana, here's what I know about size limitations for merged files...

Truly, I'd say you could go up to 1gb without issue...

...however, merging would take a really, really, really long time :D

Remember, the game truly doesn't care (too much) how large a file is.

The game cares how many files there are.

I have found that merging from 200-300 files is the most effective max number of files. S4S goes fast with this amount.

Note - however you personally organize your files is the right way for you. While I tend to mostly organize by creator,
I also have merged sets for builds, types of items, and combinations of creators.

Needing to have the original mesh sometimes results in duplicates for me by doing it this way and by no means do
I have ALL my cc in my Big Game, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have also (whenever a new creator has new items, gone ahead and spent the time to remerge my files for that creator
by oldest to newest date instead of alphabetically (which is how I used to do it).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For example, for Simcredible, I have a folder, Simcredible, and inside that folder are 7 subfolders, Simcredible1 through
Simcredible7. I name my merge files for this creator Simcredible1Merge and so on.

If there is an update to an item or a set, I locate the file/files and replace them with the updated item/items and then
just remerge that subfolder's files.

It also allows me to just add a new subfolder if the last one begins to get "full."

My Simcredible subfolders range in size from 66.7 for Simcredible2 to 107mg for Simcredib4. Simcredible7 only
as 52mb currently, as I still have not filled up that subfolder :D

So, as I add new Simcredible sets (from their site and their sets from TSR), I add them to the last folder and just
remerge that one :D

I'm including screen captures of my Big Game's merged files from largest to smallest so you can see the range of file
sizes. The largest merged files are the earliest that I merged and I have not gotten around to remerging them into smaller groups yet :D

Last edited by szanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

jordana
Total Awards : 2

Postjordana on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:30 am

Wow Thanks Suzanne for all your help. I definitely need to reorganize

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 am

Suzanne, I didn't think you cold have folders and sub-folders in your mods folder. Is that true? or can we have sub-folders? It would be waaaay better for me to organise!
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:09 am

I didn't know we could do this either.......is there a Mod that I don't know about? hmmm
I have all folders within my Mods folder....they  are all organised into categories, but I didn't thing we could go any further, because the files wouldn't be recognised.

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:19 am

That's what I thought Lorry. Perhaps there is a Mod?
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:59 pm

I don't know about Sims3 or 4..but for me I use subfolders in my folders..

And jordana I told you Suzanne would be the person to ask.. giggle

that post of hers cracks me up rofl301 ..and scares the daylights out of me at the same time runcircle

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum