Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. There is an issue with Photobucket: Can all members please replace missing images or the posts will have to be deleted. Thank you! Voting for June B.A.D Contest is now open. Closing date for voting is July 24th. Come and vote for your winner! Issue 2 of Bloom magazine is now out. Go and take a look!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» What's the history of your avatar?
Today at 9:33 pm by Chicklet45368

» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 25/7 2017
Today at 9:11 pm by Tahoe

» All 4 Sims - Updates 2017
Today at 8:51 pm by Chicklet45368

» The Winners of our June BAD Contest!
Today at 8:49 pm by tilly

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 8:36 pm by Chicklet45368

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 8:18 pm by Chicklet45368

» So That Happened
Today at 8:18 pm by anidup

» I am upset....NOPE, not anymore......
Today at 8:15 pm by anidup

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 7:59 pm by darksyngr

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 7:02 pm by Chicklet45368

» A Challenge For TJ
Today at 6:52 pm by Chicklet45368

» Hello from Ice~
Today at 6:43 pm by Broomhilda61

» Hello!
Today at 6:42 pm by Broomhilda61

Today at 6:20 pm by Broomhilda61

» Newbiee
Today at 6:18 pm by Broomhilda61

Whats new?

TS4: TS3 conversion of Louvered doors by Chicklet

TS4: Cyclonesue chimneys by Chicklet

TS4: Rug Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Wicker Chair Conversion by Anidup

TS4: House by Oldbox

TS2-TS4 Conversion by Chicklet

TS4: Painting RC's by Crissi

TS4: Painting RC's Anidup

TS4: Masculine curtain recolours by Chicklet

TS4: B.A.C Espresso room recolours by Anidup

TS4: Wicker conversions by Chicklet

TS2: Sim by Maryann

TS4: Farmhouse Chic by Chicklet

TS4: Painting Recolors by Crissi

TS4: Bedding Recolors by Anidup

TS4: Wallpapers by Anidup

TS4: Recolors of EA Maxis Poster

TS4: RC Lounge set by Oldbox

S4: Curtain RC by Oldbox

TS2-TS4: Suza loft plant by Anidup

TS4: Sweet Tea Porch Set by Chicklet

TS4: Sunday Morning by Tilly

TS4: Candice Olson Bette Lounge conversion by Anidup

TS4: Blue shores sitting room by Chicklet

TS4: Jopes Little Deco Sign by Anidup

TS4: Laundry Days by Chicklet

TS4: Clairmont kitchen Island by Chicklet

TS4: Freestyle Living Room by Chicklet

TS2: Violetta by Maryann

TS4: Wall Decals by Oldbox

TS4: Recolor by Chicklet

TS4: Landmark paintings by Tilly

>

B.A.D June 2017 Questions and Comments

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

poppy100
Forum Champion
Total Awards : 2
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postpoppy100 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:47 am

Anidub  I have a question
must! We use the book wallpaper!?

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:37 pm

No poppy you don't have to use the book wallpaper lol..tilly we need that smiley of poppy's every time I see it I get the smiles and giggles..lol

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ~Community
My Tumblr
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Sam is right Anneke, you can use any wallpaper you wish to.
As long as your main color is brown.

Lorry: I love your entry!
Gorgeous sim too!! inlove34
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Oh I want to look at Lorry's entry soooo bad but I can't not until I get mine in runcircle

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
poppy100
Forum Champion

Postpoppy100 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:25 pm

Oo.. ok .. thank you Anidup and Sam
I started it today, but it does not seem to me as it looks right now,
tomorrow. Try again but then, 
Sam. Just send it to her, she will put it in the box  
  Hop hop now go to Lorry to go her entry .. I'm so curious now!!  

poppy100
Forum Champion

Postpoppy100 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Lorry .. know your man that you like this sim .. 
I do not give you unequal Because he is very beautiful   
But a bit too old for me .... hahaha    

Ok.. hahaHa!!! enough joke anneke 

Yes, what can I say?
It's very refreshing for a man like yours
It's beautiful modern tones and decor
May I tell you again that you're just a big star

It's just amazing   bravo

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:35 am

Oh Lorry your entry is beautiful..I like your man as well.. bravo cutehug

Ok it says we can't edit after posting..now mine is showing that I edited it but that was because I forgot to put in the very last picture..I didn't do anything else..I promise..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Elite Member

PostLorry on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:37 am

Sam why is your entry JFF?  You are on fire right now, I think your entry is fantastic bravo

LOL Anita will give you a whooping now for editing angry

Thank you Anita, Poppy and Sam.......I'm sorry, I think my entry is the worst work I have ever done crying The only reason I posted it was because Anita goes to so much trouble to make all these amazing contests for us. I don't think I could have done any better than what I have presented.........no comments please

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:56 am

Hey Lorry girl.. hellowave

I thought staff couldn't enter..so I put it JFF..I just went back and looked at the rules..only Admin can enter as a JFF..so I will wait and see what Anita says..

I didn't edit the entry just the very last picture which is not an entry..it was a close up and a lighter photoshop picture of the wallpaper..that I had created..and will put in for downloading when this is over lol..

And girl..you are very much mistaken your entry is awesome and totally beautiful..and I feel baghead  like this after placing mine under yours lol...

And you had till July 17th to do this..

And thank you for that wonderful comment bighugs2

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:27 am

Wow! I think you girls both did fantastic!

Lorry - I loved your entry! It was masculine and modern, uncluttered, but lived in with the little touches like the coffee, newspaper and breakfast on the coffee table. The wallet was a great touch too! And it all looked very well organized as well. (your sim obviously isn't a slob! LOL) And, he looked adorable in a scruffy scholar sort of way! Your design was manly but not so full of testosterone that a woman wouldn't feel very comfortable living there too! The sock monkey hanging made me giggle and of course I found several more WCIF's to add to my list .... again!

Sam! - I think this is the first time I've seen you decorate something and not use black & white! LOL I felt it was very rustic and country and your guy fit right in with his cowboy hat and boots! You did great job! Loved the little seating area by the fireplace and you used a bit of clutter too which made it look homey and lived in. I knew once you got your cc back in your game, you'd wow us!

I started this and got frustrated with the lighting in TS4, it's just so bright and happy outside, I wanted a little bit more grungy feel and I couldn't achieve that very well. So, I reinstalled TS3 yesterday and have been downloading today for it (if I can get used to the camera controls, I'll be alright! LOL) ... I forgot how much I miss the CASt. And, the outside world is much better in TS3.
Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:47 am

Thank you so much TJ.. cutehug

I guess you are right about the black and white..sorry about all that..it's what I am used to doing..along with browns..and rustic/country/medieval is what I love most..I still don't have a lot of those in my game yet..so I did what I could with what I had..
What did you think of the Library Bookshelf..did it fit in the theme..and did it look right..

I actually had to take the roof off and one wall to get the lighting..since most of the time my pictures are to dark..then when I turned it around I had to put one wall back up and then take a wall down on the other side..I hate that..my room just wasn't as big as I am used to making..maybe next time..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:44 am

The bookshelf wall looks great! At first I thought it was a textured wall and I had to re-read it. And, I did notice that your pics looked much lighter this time. I always take out walls, well I don't actually take them out, I just make a HUGE room and then decorate a portion so the wall doesn't get in my way. In TS4 if you don't have 4 walls everything turns blue-ish colored from the outdoors.

I'm still struggling with mine, was just going to town decorating and getting a layout of how I wanted the room, pulled out a fireplace and Blam! Back to desktop I went about 2 minutes ago, luckily I remember which fireplace crashed me so I can delete it. So, that was my cue that it's almost 2am and I need to go to bed, tomorrow is a gym day, gotta get up early.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:48 am

Sam: since you are not admin my dear you are welcome to enter any contest, you need not do so JFF.
TJ: I am looking forward to your entry, would love to see what you achieve in sims 3!
Anneke: I just know yours will be good! Looking forward to it.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:51 pm

TJ - if you are not set on ts3... try Sleepy Hollow for a darker lighting in ts4... it only gets sort of bright in the afternoon lighting...

Anita - Why, yes... I have an almost complete back story for my male sim... His name is Zeke Barrett...

...but that is as much as you get to know right now, lol :D giggle

...well, except that his building is built and I'm going to start furnishing it! LOL runcircle

I'm on a roll! ROFL

...and, per usual, I want to see the entries, but will have to wait! impatient

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Hmmm, now he sounds like a very interesting guy!!
Can't wait to meet him, Suzanne! bighugs2
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:06 pm

lol... me, too :D

(sent you a pm, Anita) <3

poppy100
Forum Champion

Postpoppy100 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:32 pm

Sam, I saw that you had already posted your entrance
It looks very good and I like your sim,
You have did it again you Made a nice entry!. .  bravo

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:12 am

Anneke..... I just love your entry!! And you got us a gorgeous guy there... I would go swimming with him anytime! flirty

What a beautiful hutch you used in your living! Wow, fell in love with that one. Love how you showed your sim being active with what you gave him to do!
I am so happy that you enjoyed doing this one!
poppy100
Forum Champion

Postpoppy100 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Well, you can, Anidup  yes yes!!.. 
I just have to transfer you to his house
And then you can swim with him all day long  rofl301    HaHaaaha.... lol

thank you that you like my entry  loveflower

Broomhilda61

PostBroomhilda61 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Thank you poppy cutehug

I just seen your entry poppy..it's gorgeous and so is your guy.. lol.. cheerleader

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:19 am

One of my favorite reasons to visit here is to see the amazing entries you all come up with. It still amazes me how unique each entry is but they're all so amazing at the same time! Each room feels very masculine to me.

Lorry: you may not be proud of your entry but I think you did brilliantly nonetheless. I think the desk area is my favorite but I know many a male who would sit around the television for a sporting event. giggle

Sam: you did amazing too! Your room feels very rustic and manly. I like the touch of books.

Anneke: I like the back story of your Sim to go with his living room. I'd love to be able to pop out the door and straight into the pool!

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 am

Woot! Finally finished my entry and just saw Poppy's entry.

Poppy - I just saw your entry and it's fabulous! I love that the doors open right out to the pool area! I would love that in RL! Your rooms are always so pretty and textural! I love the mix of leathers, woods, the sculptures. And you always choose the most wonderful walls & rugs to showcase it all. You always do such a fantastic job! Love it! And, your guy is a little hottie too! I'm with Anita, I'd go swimming with him anytime! LOL

Suzanne - I took your advise and decided to try a different city to build in in TS4.

Alouette - I totally agree! I too love to see what everybody comes up with and you're right, they're always so different yet equally  awesome!

It was a little harder than I thought it would be. I was excited because I had been wanting to make a masculine room. Well, I couldn't come up with a design, then the bright, happy sunshiney look of TS4 bothered me. I thought I'd try it with TS3 since the lighting is better and there's such a lot of amazing content for it that's not available for TS4. But, my game crashed while I was working on it, and I was struggling with the dumb invisible lights showing in build mode and that was irritating me, and I kept trying to use TS4 controls and I couldn't get my camera angle right, so I gave up after it crashed and decided to take Suzanne's suggestion and find a different town in TS4. But of course, I spent an entire day converting and making things I wanted in my room because I couldn't find the right thing! LOL But, it's done finally! Phewwww!

And, I soooo forgot how hard it is to control your sim and guests to get them to do what you want! Vinnie invited people over, they only wanted to sit at the dining table, I could NOT get them to sit at the bar so he could "serve them", then when he called them over, they said "I guess we're not wanted here", so after they left, he called them on the phone and invited them back over ... they came, and went immediately upstairs to the computer and tv! I gave up! Then I tried to have him read a book, but he sat at the dining room table. I figured out it was because of the blanket on the chair, so I removed it and tried again, it worked that time, he sat but then he kept making these stupid, ridiculous grinning facial expressions while he was reading and I couldn't get a good pic of how adorable he is, so I just said forget it! LOL

Here's a close-up of Vinnie (btw, this was actually an EA random sim, his face was already nice. All I did was tweak his lips and mouth a little to make them fuller and less wide, changed his eyes to a more realistic eye, changed his barely there facial stubble to this, and added some eye lashes).

Lorry
Elite Member

PostLorry on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:47 am

OMG OMG OMG

Seriously Poppy and TJ we have to vote here and I honestly cannot separate your entries.....they are both so amazing that I have been scrolling back and forth between the two of you.
You are so good at what you do, great work winner

TJ did you end up installing Sims 3?

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:47 am

He's a cutie, TJ!!! feeldaluv

I'm glad changing towns in ts4 worked for you, TJ :D

...I'm having to gloss through the comments people, lol... you tell too much about the entries!!! omg

...keep on commenting - I'm just going to be careful about reading them, hehehehe :D

I'm going into my game now to work on building out the interior of the apartment for Zeke and then get to work on creating him... I can see him in my mind's eye - let's hope I can do him justice in CAS LOL

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:07 am

Lorry - Tysm for the wonderful compliment! You always make my head swell with your enthusiasm! And, I already had TS3 installed but I had no downloads. Well I did in a saved folder but I ended up not putting that stuff back in and downloaded new stuff that was only for this theme and a few CAS items to make a sim. But, in the end I went with TS4 since I'm so used to it now and I knew I would end up wanting to make a few things for my room and I don't know how to do that with TS3.

Suzanne - So glad you liked Vinnie. Can't take much credit for him, I suck at creating sims as bad as I do at landscaping and building! LOL But, I can "deck them out" just not good getting facial features and contouring make-up, eye bags, and all that jazz. Same thing with a house. I can decorate someone else's structure, I just can't figure out how to build anything besides the basic. (That's why I never show any outside shots! LOL) I can't wait to see what you come up with! And, I take it Zeke is the man we're gonna meet? I bet you spent an entire day downloading all sorts of CAS stuff to make him perfect!

Last edited by Chicklet45368 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum